Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983623 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayeee4321: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

Is that written in the IV sent to you? You can write £650 but its very very important that you use the space in the form to explain the situation clearly. They should state in IV that you will be given £500 for shopping or stuff, don't make any claim that is not supported by them.

hi master justwise smiley
just a clarification,even though they've already put in on the IV that they shoulder everything,do they need to put in the exact amt of money they will provide for my stay?and say £500 will be given for my entire budget while im there? did i got u right sir? thank you grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
kayeee4321:

hi master justwise smiley
just a clarification,even though they've already put in on the IV that they shoulder everything,do they need to put in the exact amt of money they will provide for my stay?and say £500 will be given for my entire budget while im there? did i got u right sir? thank you grin

They don't have to do that, since you will be staying with them that takes care of accommodation and feeding. Money in their bank statements will take care of things like shopping, transport within the UK and sightseeing etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2014
kunbizzle: U can send a email to sheffield,as I sent them since last week,the reply I got today is that it hasn't being looked at,but definitely in a few days it would be looked at,I don't know why its taking so long as this isn't my first time,but my moms own is ready for collection today and we submitted on the same day mid may

Pls i need the Sheffied mail ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayeee4321: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

They don't have to do that, since you will be staying with them that takes care of accommodation and feeding. Money in their bank statements will take care of things like shopping, transport within the UK and sightseeing etc.

oh now i understand,much more clear hehe thank you grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=newbie2014]

Pls i need the Sheffied mail ..[/qu
Visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=kunbizzle][/quote]

Thanks so much. Them go hear am today..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
newbie2014:

Thanks so much. Them go hear am today..
newbie what date did you apply? Am also waiting but i since hear nothing from no where am sick of this over longing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ratio2base2: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
House, Please I am new here as someone just recommended this site to me. He said the people here are very helpful and I have an issue that I would like you to help me out with the following:

1) My wife has a 2 year UK visiting visa and she has delivered our baby there this Jannuary. 2) My junior brother who is using a British passport claimed to be the baby's father and the baby now has a Britsh passport.
3) My wife and I are married, and I was her sponsor/husband when she applied for her visiting visa. She submitted our marriage certificate and wedding pictures at the time
Currently, my wife has applied for a settlement that is yet to be decided, and we are still very married.
4) Lastly, I am trying to apply to the UK for the first time, and I would like to fill her name as my wife, submitting the same wedding certificate and pictures.

Will this affect me in anyway? Will I be linked to her? What is the best thing for me to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
ratio2base2: House, Please I am new here as someone just recommended this site to me. He said the people here are very helpful and I have an issue that I would like you to help me out with the following:

1) My wife has a 2 year UK visiting visa and she has delivered our baby there this Jannuary. 2) My junior brother who is using a British passport claimed to be the baby's father and the baby now has a Britsh passport.
3) My wife and I are married, and I was her sponsor/husband when she applied for her visiting visa. She submitted our marriage certificate and wedding pictures at the time
Currently, my wife has applied for a settlement that is yet to be decided, and we are still very married.
4) Lastly, I am trying to apply to the UK for the first time, and I would like to fill her name as my wife, submitting the same wedding certificate and pictures.

Will this affect me in anyway? Will I be linked to her? What is the best thing for me to do?

This is a massive mess, sooner or later your wife and your younger brother will be spending a long time in prison..definitely.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smslive2: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Wow, this is really a complicated issue.... The best bet for you is not to ever mention her name as your wife cos if you do and you are all caught, the following are most likely gonna happen

1. Your wife's application would be denied
2. Your wife would be banned from UK for using deception
3. Your brother is likely to visit the prison for a short while for criminal activity
4. Your baby's citizenship can be revoked
5. You would be denied and likely get a ban as well.

Remember that if you do not mention her as your wife now, it means you are single and will likely affect you too in future applications.

As it is often preached on Nairaland... Truth is always the best.

Goodluck to you.

ratio2base2: House, Please I am new here as someone just recommended this site to me. He said the people here are very helpful and I have an issue that I would like you to help me out with the following:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2014

british legal system permit adoption of any person below the age of 18 years....you are safe to claim that your brother and you agreed to allow him adopt the now British baby while you remain the valid owner of the marriage certificate that testified you validly marry to your wife. Dont be too panic though your action and inaction is foolish but you can still enter UK as husband to your wife while you quickly tell your brother right now to prepare papers to complete adoption process with a brilliant lawyer but you no longer owns the baby under law barr@law
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2014

during your wife settlement application filing, did she use your name or your brother name as her spouse?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
curiobling: british legal system permit adoption of any person below the age of 18 years....you are safe to claim that your brother and you agreed to allow him adopt the now British baby while you remain the valid owner of the marriage certificate that testified you validly marry to your wife. Dont be too panic though your action and inaction is foolish but you can still enter UK as husband to your wife while you quickly tell your brother right now to prepare papers to complete adoption process with a brilliant lawyer but you no longer owns the baby under law barr@law

You making a mistake, his younger brother has claimed to be the daddy already and birth certificate issued on that bases, so what has that got to do with adoption?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

You making a mistake, his younger brother has claimed to be the daddy already and birth certificate issued on that bases, so what has that got to do with adoption?
o gosh this fella has eaten his cake over desperate....lot of troubles will arise in the future
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

justwise dont you think this people ignorant might land them in trouble for this poster wife might have filled her original husband name as her spouse to erupt name discripancy and should the wife be smart enough to have used the younger brother's name omg the lady has automatically become legal wife on record and can claim benefit of all the brother hav lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
curiobling: justwise dont you think this people ignorant might land them in trouble for this poster wife might have filled her original husband name as her spouse to erupt name discripancy and should the wife be smart enough to have used the younger brother's name omg the lady has automatically become legal wife on record and can claim benefit of all the brother hav lol

Its messy already, she submitted her marriage certificate during visa application in Nigeria, that is in the system, she got to the UK and use NHS which she is not entitled to, another man claimed to be the daddy and she is applied for a stay based on that.

The whole thing is fraudulent messy business. Claiming child benefit will even make the offence more serious because that is another level of benefit fraud.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

Its messy already, she submitted her marriage certificate during visa application in Nigeria, that is in the system, she got to the UK and use NHS which she is not entitled to, another man claimed to be the daddy and she is applied for a stay based on that.

The whole thing is fraudulent messy business. Claiming child benefit will even make the offence more serious because that is another level of benefit fraud.
jesus christ
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
curiobling: jesus christ

Sometimes people do things with short term gain but long term pain, just DNA will expose the whole fraud

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

Sometimes people do things with short term gain but long term pain, just DNA will expose the whole fraud
omg this is a huge lesson for all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
curiobling: omg this is a huge lesson for all

What they did is one of the quickest ways of getting a stay in the UK without marrying or living with that person but not with a married woman.

If she was single and he is married as a British passport holder/ILR then she stands a good chance of getting a stay.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise: [/b]

He can send you fax/scan copies of those documents.

@kayeee4321
I suggest you use original documents you would only be making their decision to refuse you an easy one they categorically state originals
I know people whom have been reduced solely for using faxed documents
If u want to get visa play by the rules use original documents
And request they send it to you back in a covering letter
What does your bf need payslip for that he cnt use the copies
Trust me it certainly cnt be as important as getting a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:06am On Jul 09, 2014
joxiri:
@kayeee4321
I suggest you use original documents you would only be making their decision to refuse you an easy one they categorically state originals
I know people whom have been reduced solely for using faxed documents
If u want to get visa play by the rules use original documents
And request they send it to you back in a covering letter
What does your bf need payslip for that he cnt use the copies
Trust me it certainly cnt be as important as getting a visa

You are correct, but only to the extent that the original documents are for example readily available,etc.
I've seen two successful applicants use a scanned copy of invitation letter for graduation from an invitee's university. They stated it categorically in there cover letter that they've included scanned copy of iv letter to support their application.

Maybe the embassy requests for original docs because of the high tendency to forge docs in naija. I also think that the "Original documents requirements" is just their disclaimer in case they deny you based on their doubts. I guess if it's something they are in doubt of they can do further checks.

This said, I'm of the opinion that if @ kayeee4321 other docs are alright enough to make a decision, the photocopies may be inconsequential.
So in other words, clear photocopies or fax may be used if the original is unavailable. Preferable to use originals but if it's unavailable, do u kill ya sef? Noooooooo (lol)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 6:55am On Jul 09, 2014
3sha4lyf:

You are correct, but only to the extent that the original documents are for example readily available,etc.
I've seen two successful applicants use a scanned copy of invitation letter for graduation from an invitee's university. They stated it categorically in there cover letter that they've included scanned copy of iv letter to support their application.

Maybe the embassy requests for original docs because of the high tendency to forge docs in naija. I also think that the "Original documents requirements" is just their disclaimer in case they deny you based on their doubts. I guess if it's something they are in doubt of they can do further checks.

This said, I'm of the opinion that if @ kayeee4321 other docs are alright enough to make a decision, the photocopies may be inconsequential.
So in other words, clear photocopies or fax may be used if the original is unavailable. Preferable to use originals but if it's unavailable, do u kill ya sef? Noooooooo (lol)

An invitation letter is much different from a payslip
The decision of Eco would hardly be based on invitation letter
And also you have to remember every application is different
E.g if the person using using the scanned iv letter satisfies the Eco in other aspects then the eco might overlook the scanned or photocopied documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2014
joxiri:

An invitation letter is much different from a payslip
The decision of Eco would hardly be based on invitation letter
And also you have to remember every application is different
E.g if the person using using the scanned iv letter satisfies the Eco in other aspects then the eco might overlook the scanned or photocopied documents

We are literally saying the same thing dear and I'm not saying you dunno know what ur saying. While we can only make suggestions, every application is dealt with in its own merits. You may say IV letter is not as important as a pay slip, but then what then can you say about a recent successful applicant, self-employed but didn't submit a tax clearance certificate for his business; in fact he didn't have sef. Isn't TCC as important to a s/employed business man applying for general visit visa?

Some will argue that it's not possible but then he got his visa for the first time in his life (to leave the shores of naija) and is soon to visit uk for his brother's graduation this July.

Last last, it's up to the applicant to put his docs right in such a way that a clearly scanned or faxed payslip will be inconsequential an issue for his application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2014
3sha4lyf:

We are literally saying the same thing dear and I'm not saying you dunno know what ur saying. While we can only make suggestions, every application is dealt with in its own merits. You may say IV letter is not as important as a pay slip, but then what then can you say about a recent successful applicant, self-employed but didn't submit a tax clearance certificate for his business; in fact he didn't have sef. Isn't TCC as important to a s/employed business man applying for general visit visa?

Some will argue that it's not possible but then he got his visa for the first time in his life (to leave the shores of naija) and is soon to visit uk for his brother's graduation this July.

Last last, it's up to the applicant to put his docs right in such a way that a clearly scanned or faxed payslip will be inconsequential an issue for his application.

Ofcourse but its better to go prepared for every possible scenario to be safe than sorry
A lot of people seeking advice here are at your mercy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isogee: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
please you can use photocopies/scan copies/ fax but it should be very clear and readable. some people makes thing looks as if they VO will overlook ur document when u submit photocopies. document from inland(nigeria) shd b original but document from outside naija can be original or photocopies....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abaskekere: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good evening everyone, @vicjustice and @justwise and all, pls I wish to apply for a family visit visa, to visit my brother based and working in the UK permanently. he has invited myself and my mom who has visited him several times already, he wants us to come spend two weeks upon delivery of his son.
please the documents we wish to apply with include:

1. an invitation letter including copy of baby's birth cert, and pictures.
2. copy of brother's British passport bio data page
3. mom's bank statements, tax clearance certs, and sponsorship letter for me by my mom as she is sponsoring the trip.
4. copies of my univ results from yr 1-5 as I have completed final year but waiting for graduating results that are being compiled, with a letter from the dept and school id card to support this claim.
5. am currently admitted in an ict institution doing a six months course and ave spent 2months and a week here, I have the school id, letter of permission to travel and copies of course progress results.

pls house I need ur advices and contributions towards making a good and successful application as I wish to travel alongside my mom on the visit. am a first timer and she isn't...thank u all for prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
abaskekere: Good evening everyone, @vicjustice and @justwise and all, pls I wish to apply for a family visit visa, to visit my brother based and working in the UK permanently. he has invited myself and my mom who has visited him several times already, he wants us to come spend two weeks upon delivery of his son.

3. mom's bank statements, tax clearance certs, and sponsorship letter for me by my mom as she is sponsoring the trip.
4. copies of my univ results from yr 1-5 as I have completed final year but waiting for graduating results that are being compiled, with a letter from the dept and school id card to support this claim.
5. am currently admitted in an ict institution doing a six months course and ave spent 2months and a week here, I have the school id, letter of permission to travel and copies of course progress results.

pls house I need ur advices and contributions towards making a good and successful application as I wish to travel alongside my mom on the visit. am a first timer and she isn't...thank u all for prompt response.

Your list looks good, i can't think of anything to add now, fingers crossed it comes out good, though getting a visa as somebody in your situation is not common but i hope your on going 6months course will gives you an edge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
abaskekere: Good evening everyone, @vicjustice and @justwise and all, pls I wish to apply for a family visit visa, to visit my brother based and working in the UK permanently. he has invited myself and my mom who has visited him several times already, he wants us to come spend two weeks upon delivery of his son.
What would your purpose of travelling to the UK be, I mean, what would you tell the VO that you are going to the UK to do?
It may have been easier for your aged mother to get visas in several occasions, even without proper preparations, but that doesn't mean it is going to be the same with your young self. So, as for you, saying that you are going to visit your brother is not good enough, the visa officer would want to know what you intend to do through out the 2 weeks. Therefore, work out a reasonable activity schedule.
How about your accommodation detail, are you going to use a lodging facility or does your brother have adequate and appropriate accommodation for everyone (ie himself, his wife, their baby, you and your mother)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abaskekere: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
@justwise, thanks a lot sir.
@vicjustice, he has adequate accommodation for us all sir.
And just like u said about the travel plan, I will schedule one as I have never met his wife before and he has been out for over 9 years, and he has helped draft out some plans also in the invitation he sent. But pls my question is, is there adequate provision in the application to state my travel plans for the two weeks period? Thanks for ur your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tkaylove: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
How long does it take for decision to be made on ur uk visa once an application is made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
abaskekere: @justwise, thanks a lot sir.
@vicjustice, he has adequate accommodation for us all sir.
And just like u said about the travel plan, I will schedule one as I have never met his wife before and he has been out for over 9 years, and he has helped draft out some plans also in the invitation he sent. But pls my question is, is there adequate provision in the application to state my travel plans for the two weeks period? Thanks for ur your responses.
There is a section for travel itinerary, also, you can use extra sheet. Besides, you could be interviewed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.