Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982438 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
joxiri: Hello house
Pls can u guys confirm if this means a visa application has been refused
I was under assumption if it's given
The email will say the visa has been issued

Previously people who received email like this were issued a visa while some were refused, so email like this does not give away much.

They don't always make it obvious.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 1:03am On Jul 26, 2014
Please,somebody should help me here ,i got refuse uk visit visa last month,the person inviting me is a white lady and she is someone i have never meet before,buh she use to call me on fone every day and also use to send me emails and also send me some money as gifts,she really trust me and trust my family i am 18years old she have talk to my dad on fone before and she wish to let me come visit her we have been friends for since 2years getting to three years now.buh i got refused because the consular said she contacted my uk sponser nd she confirmed he invited me buh we have never meet before,so he is not satisfy that i can relied to meet someone i have never meet or demonstrate correspondence with.the white woman want me still come over how will i do now what papers and how should the invitation go?and how will i be able to demontrate strong evidence of our correspondence ?and can it be possible when i demonstrate they will give to me as we have never met before?and how should the initation letter sound like this time around?thanks very much,God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vegas09: 4:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Danito2: Please,somebody should help me here ,i got refuse uk visit visa last month,the person inviting me is a white lady and she is someone i have never meet before,buh she use to call me on fone every day and also use to send me emails and also send me some money as gifts,she really trust me and trust my family i am 18years old she have talk to my dad on fone before and she wish to let me come visit her we have been friends for since 2years getting to three years now.buh i got refused because the consular said she contacted my uk sponser nd she confirmed he invited me buh we have never meet before,so he is not satisfy that i can relied to meet someone i have never meet or demonstrate correspondence with.the white woman want me still come over how will i do now what papers and how should the invitation go?and how will i be able to demontrate strong evidence of our correspondence ?and can it be possible when i demonstrate they will give to me as we have never met before?and how should the initation letter sound like this time around?thanks very much,God bless you
in your case to be sincere it I'll be difficult cos of d level of fraud in Nigeria! U need to v a strong tie to Nigeria , I guess u advice her to visit u 1st , take pictures then in some months time u can reapply !!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vegas09: 4:06am On Jul 26, 2014
justwise:

Previously people who received email like this were issued a visa while some were refused, so email like this does not give away much.

They don't always make it obvious.
if d email is from VFs it has no weight , dey don't v d right to disclose if ur visa is issued or not! Dey don't evn know dt! So keep fingers crossed n pray for d best @joexiri !! Bt if it's from Sheffield I Guess then u need to be scared !

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2014
Vegas09: [b] if d email is from VFs it has no weight , dey don't v d right to disclose if ur visa is issued or not! [/b]Dey don't evn know dt! So keep fingers crossed n pray for d best @joexiri !! Bt if it's from Sheffield I Guess then u need to be scared !

This issue got nothing to do with right or no right, that email is a standard email sent to applicants by the embassy, you will only know the outcome when you pick up your passport. Some email will make it crystal clear that your visa has been issued while some don't like in this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2014
Danito2: Please,somebody should help me here ,i got refuse uk visit visa last month,the person inviting me is a white lady and she is someone i have never meet before,buh she use to call me on fone every day and also use to send me emails and also send me some money as gifts,she really trust me and trust my family i am 18years old she have talk to my dad on fone before and she wish to let me come visit her we have been friends for since 2years getting to three years now.buh i got refused because the consular said she contacted my uk sponser nd she confirmed he invited me buh we have never meet before,so he is not satisfy that i can relied to meet someone i have never meet or demonstrate correspondence with.the white woman want me still come over how will i do now what papers and how should the invitation go?and how will i be able to demontrate strong evidence of our correspondence ?and can it be possible when i demonstrate they will give to me as we have never met before?and how should the initation letter sound like this time around?thanks very much,God bless you

Considering the fact that you are just 18 years of age and she started talking to you online when you were just 16, it will be risky to even allow you to leave Nigeria under such arrangement. How old is the lady?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2014
justwise:

This issue got nothing to do with right or no right, that email is a standard email sent to applicants by the embassy, you will only know the outcome when you pick up your passport. Some email will make it crystal clear that your visa has been issued while some don't like in this case.

@justwise
It wasn't from the embassy though, it was from vfs, actually 2 emails were sent this 1st one
And a second email just stating processed visa application ready for collection, which is the one I am familiar with
So am rather confused here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2014
The woman is 48years old and a british citizen living with her partner andy..the woman talk to my dad everyday on phone she has taken me as her son.she knows my family well my little brother and my dad and everybody in my family.i went for my itemized fone bill and her number is found in every blessed day..pls help me out she really want me to visit,the embassby said i didnt demonstrate correspondence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2014
joxiri:

@justwise
It wasn't from the embassy though, it was from vfs, actually 2 emails were sent this 1st one
And a second email just stating processed visa application ready for collection, which is the one I am familiar with
So am rather confused here

..and you think vfs will send it without been directed by the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2014
Danito2: The woman is 48years old and a british citizen living with her partner andy..the woman talk to my dad everyday on phone she has taken me as her son.she knows my family well my little brother and my dad and everybody in my family.i went for my itemized fone bill and her number is found in every blessed day..pls help me out she really want me to visit,the embassby said i didnt demonstrate correspondence

There is nothing anybody will tell you here that will make sense to you, the embassy will be acting irresponsibly if they gave you a visa at your age to travel to the UK to meet that woman. How about inviting the woman to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 10:13am On Jul 26, 2014
But i am an adult now and i can travel alone.they didnt complain about be traveling alone,pls wait i need now is how can i demonstrate correspondence to the british embassy?i am in ghana and have ghana passport.so i will apply it at british embassy in ghana.the woman cant come here because of her work,the only thing was i didnt demonstrate correspondence with my uk sponser,pls help me to know how to demonstrate the correspondence only?thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2014
I am not a nigerin.am a ghanaian,since theres no site in ghana like this thats why i registered here to get advice,i am in ghana,and ghanaian and have live here all my life,my uncle is sponsering me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
justwise:

..and you think vfs will send it without been directed by the embassy?

Yea uk embassy hand over the envelope that is sealed to vfs
Am sure they can't open it
They are just a handling company like dhl or FedEx
Unless am missing something here
Anyways it's a waiting game now

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nastyesco(m): 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
I need advise, my younger sis will b 16 by december and is an SS3 student for new academic calendar of Sept 2014. My parents are considering she goes to d UK on a visit this summer holiday but remains there with a relative to further her education(she has a valid visitors visa), my fear is what are her chances of getting into the system, hope she won't have issues being admitted into college/uni and will she be liable to get an Indefinite stay visa/Red passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
nastyesco: I need advise, my younger sis will b 16 by december and is an SS3 student for new academic calendar of Sept 2014. My parents are considering she goes to d UK on a visit this summer holiday but remains there with a relative to further her education(she has a valid visitors visa), my fear is what are her chances of getting into the system, hope she won't have issues being admitted into college/uni and will she be liable to get an Indefinite stay visa/Red passport
Details of what you can and cannot do here.
https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
joxiri:

Yea uk embassy hand over the envelope that is sealed to vfs
Am sure they can't open it
They are just a handling company like dhl or FedEx
Unless am missing something here
Anyways it's a waiting game now

They are not, they handle UK visa applications process and forward it to the embassy and the embassy returns processed application to VFS to be distributed to applicants. You either receive emails from them or from the embassy, email from the embassy will read something like: Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

Email coming from VFS does not make it explicitly clear to indicate whether you have been given a visa or not until you pick up your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
justwise:

They are not, they handles UK visa applications process and forward it to the embassy and the embassy returns processed application to VFS to be distributed to applicants. You either receive emails from them or from the embassy, email from the embassy will read something like: Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

Email coming from VFS does not make it explicitly clear to indicate whether you have been given a visa or not until you pick up your passport.

Exactly justwise
We are saying the same thing
I suppose if an email is sent to Sheffield,
The outcome can be determined pending these public holidays
Pls what is this Sheffield email address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
joxiri:

Exactly justwise

Dont worry yourself. Try to calm down. You will get it. Be positive.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
joxiri: Hello house
Pls can u guys confirm if this means a visa application has been refused
I was under assumption if it's given
The email will say the visa has been issued

Processed visa application Ref. No. VIAB/....../....../. is ready for collection at UKBA Visa Application Centre. You may collect your packet between 10 am to 4 pm (Monday - Friday, except holidays).

i cleaned my reference. This was what i got thru sms

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
newbie2014:

Dont worry yourself. Try to calm down. You will get it. Be positive.

Its not even for me but the applicant is really stressing about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smslive2: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
If you are so eager to know the outcome before wednesday, you can Contact UK Visas and Immigration from outside the UK on 44 1243 213 301

This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment.

They will tell you if its been issued or refused but wont give details of refusal.

Have your GWF Number and DOB ready.

Details on https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

joxiri:
Exactly justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
justwise:

They are not, they handles UK visa applications process and forward it to the embassy and the embassy returns processed application to VFS to be distributed to applicants. You either receive emails from them or from the embassy, email from the embassy will read something like: Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

This is another email sent directly from embassy (visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk) Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paddedbabe: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello house, please I submitted my visa renewal application for 2 years with my husband on the 24th of june.We got an sms after 15 working days that our packets are ready for collection but on getting there,it was only my husband's packet that was ready.He got his visa and they returned all the supporting documents and said that mine wasn't ready yet.I have tried tracking it and it says your application has been forwarded to the British high commission till today.pleaee does anyone have an idea what I should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tijazzn: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
orelia: Hello
Does anybody have an idea if the VFS in Ikeja follow the appointment slot when an application is made online
I was meant to submit my visit visa this morning and for one reason won’t be able to make it, I have checked online and there’s no where to change the appointment
Please I’ll appreciate any information with recent experience of submission at the centre in Ikeja centre

were you able to reapply without paying the application fees again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Please I need advice.
I applied for a tier4 gen visa with already obtained CAS, ATAS using my passport no. Unfortunately VFs rejected my passport on the ground that it has a little colouration ( probably caused by moisture?) at the bottom of my photograph. I can't get the immigration guys until after the sallah break. Please is there a way around problems like this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:36am On Jul 27, 2014
paddedbabe: Hello house, please I submitted my visa renewal application for 2 years with my husband on the 24th of june.We got an sms after 15 working days that our packets are ready for collection but on getting there,it was only my husband's packet that was ready.He got his visa and they returned all the supporting documents and said that mine wasn't ready yet.I have tried tracking it and it says your application has been forwarded to the British high commission till today.pleaee does anyone have an idea what I should do?
It suggests to me that you have had a dealing with the embassy before, and therefore, your application requires further checks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 12:36am On Jul 27, 2014
denass16: Please I need advice.
I applied for a tier4 gen visa with already obtained CAS, ATAS using my passport no. Unfortunately VFs rejected my passport on the ground that it has a little colouration ( probably caused by moisture?) at the bottom of my photograph. I can't get the immigration guys until after the sallah break. Please is there a way around problems like this?

Is the application rejected already or they asked you to submit another passport?
You can get a new passport in just a day and forward back to them, when your visa comes out, you update the information with your school and ATAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paddedbabe: 4:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Vicjustice:
It suggests to me that you have had a dealing with the embassy before, and therefore, your application requires further checks

please when you say"dealing with the embassy",what do you really mean because I applied for 6 months and travelled and spent only 2weeks.The also returned all the supporting documents so im not sure what they are using for the processing.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 27, 2014
spikesC:

Is the application rejected already or they asked you to submit another passport?
You can get a new passport in just a day and forward back to them, when your visa comes out, you update the information with your school and ATAS

No, it is not rejected. However, the visa appliction has already been done with my passport no. I presume a new one will have a different no. and which means the CAS, ATAS, TB cert, admission letter I will submit as supporting docs will all carry a different no. I am meant to leave before 22 sep. with obviously no time to get all those for the new passport (if it is even possible)

P.S. the 'supervisor' at the Abuja office was so unfriendly she offered no possible solution. In fact when i went to explain my situation to her after being referred by a lady on the counter, she responded without even looking at my passport (which i had displayed when i was explaining)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2014
denass16:

No, it is not rejected. However, the visa appliction has already been done with my passport no. I presume a new one will have a different no. and which means the CAS, ATAS, TB cert, admission letter I will submit as supporting docs will all carry a different no. I am meant to leave before 22 sep. with obviously no time to get all those for the new passport (if it is even possible)

P.S. the 'supervisor' at the Abuja office was so unfriendly she offered no possible solution. In fact when i went to explain my situation to her after being referred by a lady on the counter, she responded without even looking at my passport (which i had displayed when i was explaining)

You're confusing me a bit. You have applied for VISA, but have you completed the application by submitting your docs and biometrics?

If you have, and then UKVI sent back your passport and asked for a new one, then you do not need to update the docs with the new passport number.
You can do that later with your school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
spikesC:

You're confusing me a bit. You have applied for VISA, but have you completed the application by submitting your docs and biometrics?

If you have, and then UKVI sent back your passport and asked for a new one, then you do not need to update the docs with the new passport number.
You can do that later with your school.

No I haven't submitted my passport and supporting docs. That is done at VFS, right? That is d stage I am. I went there on friday to have my biometrics captured, submit my passport, printed app and other supporting docs. That is where my passport was rejected because of a colouration caused by moisture at the lower part of my photograpah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.