Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982001 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Many Thanks to the people of this forum especially justwise, vicjustice and 3sha4lyf
We got our visas (Tier2 General) today, Me, my wife and our twin girls
This Forum had been our guide and God took charge

Thanks all

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2014
abode: Many Thanks to the people of this forum especially justwise, vicjustice and 3sha4lyf

Thanks all
Wow congrats man. Am also applying for a tier 2 general, pls hw much is d application fee in naira and where u interview on ur appointment day? Pls reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ibadangirl1: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
adesolami36: Wow congrats man. Am also applying for a tier 2 general, pls hw much is d application fee in naira and where u interview on ur appointment day? Pls reply

The Visa fee is $1,758 per applicant, Naira rate depends on exchange rate and we were not invited for an interview
I wish u all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by KissIkebe(f): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Sorry, general visit visa applicants CANT ask for administrative review. Tx.
does admin review have special rules + requirements like appeal? made a research but cant see where d rules about who cn apply 4 it or who cant apply r written
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thanks man...pls can u list all d documents u submitted,I want to check if my list is good.and do i need to submit my COS or just d ref no cos I av jes d ref no with me
abode:

The Visa fee is $1,758 per applicant, Naira rate depends on exchange rate and we were not invited for an interview
I wish u all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 6:13am On Aug 30, 2014
adesolami36: Thanks man...pls can u list all d documents u submitted,I want to check if my list is good.and do i need to submit my COS or just d ref no cos I av jes d ref no with me

You should provide a document that shows all the information on ur COS. .. The ref number, ur work start and and dates, salary etc

See Url : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/318380/T2_Gen_Supporting_Documents.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Congrats. Am also applying for a tier 2 general though ought to av submit since lastwk bt didn't go with TB test result,so I rebook appointment for sept 2 bt my work start date is sept 11.I hope am save sha though will go n submit @ abuja. Pls hw long did it take to process ur visa?
abode: Many Thanks to the people of this forum especially justwise, vicjustice and 3sha4lyf

Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ganiyat95: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello everybody, these are the list of documents i have for tier4 visa application. 1. CAS letter 2. reference letters 3. tb test certificate 4. personal bank statement(showing funds available from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) 5.A-level result 6. international passport 7.waec result. is that all i need? and pls do i have to fill an assessment form? pls i need an urgent reply [color=#990000][/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2014
Post ur question here https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/328 and u will get a reply Asap
Ganiyat95: Hello everybody, these are the list of documents i have for tier4 visa application. 1. CAS letter 2. reference letters 3. tb test certificate 4. personal bank statement(showing funds available from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) 5.A-level result 6. international passport 7.waec result. is that all i need? and pls do i have to fill an assessment form? pls i need an urgent reply [color=#990000][/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ganiyat95: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2014
no reply yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vivy1: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
vivy1: Please I really need your help, please tell me what I should do to make my mum's invitation a success, This is exactly 12 days we received the reply. Is it a review or reapply that we should go for, please enlighten me on things I should bring to correct all mistakes. My mum has loads of commitments at home and therefore has no intention of staying up to 6 months we are requesting.

I and my husband were inviting my mum who is 68yrs old to visit us for the first time for a period of 6 months. The reason we gave was that our children were missing her a lot and this will afford my children ample time to know her.

My mum is a widow and pensioner. Apart from teachers pension, she also has a regular income from her land property renting, people rent portions of her land for different purposes and pay her monthly, all the payments were shown in her bank statement for a long time till date but no other proof to that was included in the application. She has a total of 700,000 naria in her account but it was filled in as 400,000 naria in the application form. My mum has not traveled out of Nigeria before. We also filled in the form that she will pay for her flight, we did so to show that she is comfortable and has no intention of overstaying.

Below is the reply they gave us
In assessing your individual application, it has not been necessary to interview you but i have taken into account :
The financial and employment information as declared by you on your application form
Your passport and travel history
Your family circumstances
The supporting document you have provided

The decision
The exchange rate used in assessing your application was £1 to 268 naira
In order to be able to make decision on your entry clearance application, I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reason for your visit and your proposed travel arrangement. You have declared that you are a retired state employer earning state income.
You also stated that you propose to travel alone to visit your son who is EEA national. You have not sort to travel outside Nigeria before. You have not shown that the cost is proportionate to reasons you have given for visiting UK, you have therefore not shown strong family, social and economic ties.

You said your son is funding your visit, while you have provided evidence of your sponsor’s fund, you have not provided evidence of his disposable income or any outgoing financial commitment that he may have. Nor have you provided evidence of your sponsor’s commitment in terms of family or other financial outlay. His bank statement shows that he is in receipt of working tax credit.

Any help and advice to my worries here please, I would like to know better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
vivy1: Please I really need your help, please tell me what I should do to make my mum's invitation a success, This is exactly 12 days we received the reply. Is it a review or reapply that we should go for, please enlighten me on things I should bring to correct all mistakes. My mum has loads of commitments at home and therefore has no intention of staying up to 6 months we are requesting.

I and my husband were inviting my mum who is 68yrs old to visit us for the first time for a period of 6 months. The reason we gave was that our children were missing her a lot and this will afford my children ample time to know her.

My mum is a widow and pensioner. Apart from teachers pension, she also has a regular income from her land property renting, people rent portions of her land for different purposes and pay her monthly, all the payments were shown in her bank statement for a long time till date but no other proof to that was included in the application. She has a total of 700,000 naria in her account but it was filled in as 400,000 naria in the application form. My mum has not traveled out of Nigeria before. We also filled in the form that she will pay for her flight, we did so to show that she is comfortable and has no intention of overstaying.

Below is the reply they gave us
In assessing your individual application, it has not been necessary to interview you but i have taken into account :
The financial and employment information as declared by you on your application form
Your passport and travel history
Your family circumstances
The supporting document you have provided

The decision
The exchange rate used in assessing your application was £1 to 268 naira
In order to be able to make decision on your entry clearance application, I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reason for your visit and your proposed travel arrangement. You have declared that you are a retired state employer earning state income.
You also stated that you propose to travel alone to visit your son who is EEA national. You have not sort to travel outside Nigeria before. You have not shown that the cost is proportionate to reasons you have given for visiting UK, you have therefore not shown strong family, social and economic ties.

You said your son is funding your visit, while you have provided evidence of your sponsor’s fund, you have not provided evidence of his disposable income or any outgoing financial commitment that he may have. Nor have you provided evidence of your sponsor’s commitment in terms of family or other financial outlay. His bank statement shows that he is in receipt of working tax credit.

Your mum is retired with little income and you are inviting her for a visit and expect her to pay for the flight ticket? Inviting somebody at your mum's age and situation is like inviting a minor/teenager, you are expected to pick up the cost of the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vivy1: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
justwise:

Your mum is retired with little income and you are inviting her for a visit and expect her to pay for the flight ticket? Inviting somebody at your mum's age and situation is like inviting a minor/teenager, you are expected to pick up the cost of the trip.

nice advice thank you, please any corrections more?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
khadeb: Congrats. Am also applying for a tier 2 general though ought to av submit since lastwk bt didn't go with TB test result,so I rebook appointment for sept 2 bt my work start date is sept 11.I hope am save sha though will go n submit @ abuja. Pls hw long did it take to process ur visa?

I had same issue too with the TB test too
All u need is to tell your employer to add a sponsor note to ur COS extending the start and end dates. U wld den print out and attach to your application . But I believe you r okay.
I got the approval mails 5 working days after biometrics and submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
vivy1:

nice advice thank you, please any corrections more?

Let her reapply with you and your hubby picking up the cost. You need to send her bank statement plus payslips containing enough money for her trip, data page of your passport and IV. You also need to provide evidence of accommodation for her, mortgage or tendency agreement will do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
KissIkebe: does admin review have special rules + requirements like appeal? made a research but cant see where d rules about who cn apply 4 it or who cant apply r written
My point is not about who can request or who can not request for administrative review (i never mentioned this aspect in my post), my grievance was not because she said her opinion in an attempt to counter a point that i didn't even mention in my comment, but rather the attitude was humiliating.
I have had some disagreements and even debating arguments with Justwise, and he too has had disagreements with several of my opinions, but never a time did either of us try to humiliate the other in an attempt to prove superiority: there are honourable ways to disagree with others (especially those who are considered by many as veterans) without embarrassing them with such humiliating response as quoted:

Indeed, i consider the below comment as rude, arrogant and provocative especially when i did not make such claim...
3sha4lyf:
Sorry, general visit visa applicants CANT ask for administrative review. Tx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:57am On Aug 31, 2014
KissIkebe: does admin review have special rules + requirements like appeal? made a research but cant see where d rules about who cn apply 4 it or who cant apply r written
Try either of these links.
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review
https://www.migreat.com/en/uk-visa-refusal-iaft-2-uk-immigration-rules-s15

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Abduletudaye(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2014
Morning guys.. Please I need details. I wanna do my masters in UK or USA. I have never been there tho' and neither do I have relatives there.

Pls what would I require?? And if possible, the cost.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
@abode

was this for Tier2 general?
How long did it take for the visa to approved
I ask because I thought applying from nigeria takes a long while
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by laoma4u: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
pls, did ukvi send u an email confirming receipt on their own or did you request it?

akinke:

I did use Teleperformance ooo, abeg gv it gud time and den check at their office, forget msgs if u dnt see, ukvi sed dey received my application on 17th, since i submitted on 11th, so u can gv it gud time, if u av!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
salsera: @abode

was this for Tier2 general?
How long did it take for the visa to approved
I ask because I thought applying from nigeria takes a long while
It is Tier 2 general, ; we submitted and did our biometrics 14th aug, got the approval mails on the 21st and picked up on the 28th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Vicjustice:
My point is not about who can request or who can not request for administrative review (i never mentioned this aspect in my post), my grievance was not because she said her opinion in an attempt to counter a point that i didn't even mention in my comment, but rather the attitude was humiliating.
I have had some disagreements and even debating arguments with Justwise, and he too has had disagreements with several of my opinions, but never a time did either of us try to humiliate the other in an attempt to prove superiority: there are honourable ways to disagree with others (especially those who are considered by many as veterans) without embarrassing them with such humiliating response as quoted:

Indeed[b], i consider the below comment as rude, arrogant and provocative[/b] especially when i did not make such claim...

Now let's set the record straight. Bolded number 1, even a registered oisc immigration advisor would never refer to themselves that way. You have offered useful advice to people, keep it that way. Let people do the praises, which of course happens ever so often,don't start blowing your own trumpet please except of course you work directly with the British embassy or home office,only then can you confidently call yourself a veteran although I would have imagined expert or professional would be better suited to describe yourself in such situation.

Bolded 2, what is rude or provocative in someone pointing out something that appears not to be right? No one knows it all absolutely no exclusion. Except of course you are intimidated or hate to be told the truth then I see no point in how this should become an issue and then being the "veteran" you are you aptly blocked all comments that seemed unfavourable to you. Absolutely uncalled for. You being a mod does not translate to knowing it all,there are tons of people who have well proven experience but will never share here cos the unspoken norm is that anything that doesn't come from the mod should be disregarded and challenged.

Am not surprised but be rest assured that no one is in a competition with you. You own the travel section, long live your eternal reign I wish you well and I hope to come back and meet my comment.

Did I forget to mention that your comment clearly indicated the possibility of an administrative review? It was clearly written in English.

Well then , enjoy yourself and have a good night.

**Life isn't so difficult ,humans complicate issues**

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 01, 2014
abode:
It is Tier 2 general, ; we submitted and did our biometrics 14th aug, got the approval mails on the 21st and picked up on the 28th

Thanks for answering
Do you mind if I send you a pm?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:17am On Sep 01, 2014
ESULAALU:

Now let's set the record straight. Bolded number 1, even a registered oisc immigration advisor would never refer to themselves that way. You have offered useful advice to people, keep it that way. Let people do the praises, which of course happens ever so often,don't start blowing your own trumpet please except of course you work directly with the British embassy or home office,only then can you confidently call yourself a veteran although I would have imagined expert or professional would be better suited to describe yourself in such situation.

Bolded 2, what is rude or provocative in someone pointing out something that appears not to be right? No one knows it all absolutely no exclusion. Except of course you are intimidated or hate to be told the truth then I see no point in how this should become an issue and then being the "veteran" you are you aptly blocked all comments that seemed unfavourable to you. Absolutely uncalled for. You being a mod does not translate to knowing it all,there are tons of people who have well proven experience but will never share here cos the unspoken norm is that anything that doesn't come from the mod should be disregarded and challenged.

Am not surprised but be rest assured that no one is in a competition with you. You own the travel section, long live your eternal reign I wish you well and I hope to come back and meet my comment.

Did I forget to mention that your comment clearly indicated the possibility of an administrative review? It was clearly written in English.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:30am On Sep 01, 2014
ESULAALU:

Now i see that i am actually dealing with confused beings

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2014
salsera:

Thanks for answering
Do you mind if I send you a pm?
no... I dont mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
@abode
Thanks
kindly check your mail sent you a pm , you would need to accept via your email address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
salsera: @abode
Thanks
kindly check your mail sent you a pm , you would need to accept via your email address
I didn't get d mail
U can follow me ob twitter @dipstidz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house. Please i desperately need you help. I just paid for my visa application and submitted it,my appointment has been confirmed and i have printed all relevant documents needed for submission on Wednesday. I was going through my printed application and that was when i realized i had made a mistake on the expiration date of my last visa(i put 23 May 2014 instead of 23 Feb 2014). Kindly advice me house on what can be done to rectify this mistake considering the fact that the application has been submitted and my appointment is on Wednesday (3rd Sept) and i can not re apply for later because i will be unavailable from Friday(5th Sept). Please help me my people,i need help fast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
AceMiss: Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house. Please i desperately need you help. I just paid for my visa application and submitted it,my appointment has been confirmed and i have printed all relevant documents needed for submission on Wednesday. I was going through my printed application and that was when i realized i had made a mistake on the expiration date of my last visa(i put 23 May 2014 instead of 23 Feb 2014). Kindly advice me house on what can be done to rectify this mistake considering the fact that the application has been submitted and my appointment is on Wednesday (3rd Sept) and i can not re apply for later because i will be unavailable from Friday(5th Sept). Please help me my people,i need help fast.

Its not something you should get overly worried about, just write a letter and attach to your application correcting the mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
AceMiss: Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house. Please i desperately need you help. I just paid for my visa application and submitted it,my appointment has been confirmed and i have printed all relevant documents needed for submission on Wednesday. I was going through my printed application and that was when i realized i had made a mistake on the expiration date of my last visa(i put 23 May 2014 instead of 23 Feb 2014). Kindly advice me house on what can be done to rectify this mistake considering the fact that the application has been submitted and my appointment is on Wednesday (3rd Sept) and i can not re apply for later because i will be unavailable from Friday(5th Sept). Please help me my people,i need help fast.

My take, I'm not sure it should be much of a problem if your supporting documents are error-free. I mean, I'm no immigration officer but I would think that's too little a reason to refuse you. Maybe it's happened but I dunno and I can't imagine it. It's very funny to see dat. However, I've heard bout them revisiting previous errors on applications and summing them up to give solid reason for refusals, if you see what I mean.
You can err on the part of caution and put a sticky note on that point in application form and put down the ideal date.
OR
You can just ignore it, concentrate on putting ALL supporting documents in tact.
HTH. Tx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.