Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982084 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by harlyon(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
harlyon: Assuming I have decided to go to the UK with Arik air from lagos,Can I book for my flight at their stand in my state's Local airport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=harlyon][/quote]
Yes you can... but it may be pricey...you can also ring them and make a booking which I think you can pay at the airport or bank or thru quickteller if your online banking doesn't make provision for it.
HTH.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by harlyon(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Yes you can... but it may be pricey...you can also ring them and make a booking which I think you can pay at the airport or bank or thru quickteller if your online banking doesn't make provision for it.
HTH.
. Thnk you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:06am On Sep 05, 2014
beejaybida: Hello, VicJustice. i am back to tell you the outcome is a Student Visitor Visa for me and Tourist Visas for my wife and kid. Thanks for your constructive criticism, i know you meant well even as i was fairly certain you got the advice wrong. Justwise, Thanks alot as always. This is the 3rd time your advice has helped me and mine. God bless you guys here for all you do for applicants.
Well, congratulation for being able to pull it through, this is in line with the saying that "every application is treated in its own merit": it doesn't always go well with most applicants in similar situation.
By the way, it was my opinion that i expressed, it doesn't represent the official regulation of the authority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by george31(m): 10:18am On Sep 05, 2014
Hello House,
How can i go about an appeal when am given a Limited Right Of Appeal.
Can i go straight to the embassy with my appeal letters?
I await your kind response...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:56am On Sep 05, 2014
george31: Hello House,
How can i go about an appeal when am given a Limited Right Of Appeal.
Can i go straight to the embassy with my appeal letters?
I await your kind response...thanks
You can only make an appeal if you have the full rights, limited rights is not good enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fikki1: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wanna say tanks to d auz.... Went to VAC office today nd I Hv been given 6month visiting ... Tanks to u all.... Na ticket remain ooooo

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=harlyon][/quote]
Hey I would advise you book online. You can pay via ATM or quickteller. Or rather choose the option of "Book and pay at the Bank"

That way you pay via bank deposit, @ keystone bank and u quote ur booking reference nb.

That's all, You would be sent ur E-ticket

NB: U get way cheaper tickets if u book online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dijanbala: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hello I am not sure if I am on the right thread. My question is in regards to uk visa refusal. My cousin has applied for uk visa 4 times and had been refused visa. We applied for the fifth time with me as her sponsor sending all the documents listed on the ukba supporting documents page but was still refused on the grounds that; they noticed she had been refused 4 times in her previous apps, she hasn't satisfied them that she intends to return to Nigeria due to her economic and social ties in Nigeria and in her first two application some consultant advised her to say she didn't know anyone so they picked on that too since am now claiming to be her cousin and sponsor. My question is how do we correct this mistake if it is salvageable that is? I do hav the enough funds to sponsor her visit and can accommodate and take care of her for the duration of her holidays. Should we make a 6th application noting that she had always had a cousin in the uk? Or by the way on the first 3 applications she was applying as a visitor to go for her wedding shopping which was being sponsored by her uncle. And now she is married no kids yet and not working so no income just being supported by her husband and family. Any advice n tips will be much appreciated thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2014
fikki1: Wanna say tanks to d auz.... Went to VAC office today nd I Hv been given 6month visiting ... Tanks to u all.... Na ticket remain ooooo

Lol.....na really ticket remain!!
Congrats Man!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2014
Dijanbala: . My cousin has applied for uk visa 4 times and had been refused visa. We applied for the fifth time with me as her sponsor sending all the documents listed on the ukba supporting documents page but was still refused on the grounds that; they noticed she had been refused 4 times in her previous apps,
This is the big problem that you face now.
After 5 refusals there she looks as if she is desparate to get into UK.
Also no job or family means that she has no strong ties to return home.
Think about how much money has been spent on applications so far and the stress she has gone through.
Is that all worth it just for a visit?
This is how the visa officer will look at things.

May be time to have a rest and build up funds and ties to home.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LazzyH(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2014
@ justwise, I've been a silent observer of the posts on UK travels, i must say you've been of great help to this forum. I'd like to have a chat with you, please drop me an email: I need some vital info. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2014
LazzyH: @ justwise, I've been a silent observer of the posts on UK travels, i must say you've been of great help to this forum. I'd like to have a chat with you, please drop me an email: I need some vital info. Thanks

Thanks but i really like keeping anything nairaland open here, hope you don't mind we keeping the chat here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dijanbala: Hello I am not sure if I am on the right thread. My question is in regards to uk visa refusal. My cousin has applied for uk visa 4 times and had been refused visa. We applied for the fifth time with me as her sponsor sending all the documents listed on the ukba supporting documents page but was still refused on the grounds that; they noticed she had been refused 4 times in her previous apps, she hasn't satisfied them that she intends to return to Nigeria due to her economic and social ties in Nigeria and in her first two application some consultant advised her to say she didn't know anyone so they picked on that too since am now claiming to be her cousin and sponsor. My question is how do we correct this mistake if it is salvageable that is? I do hav the enough funds to sponsor her visit and can accommodate and take care of her for the duration of her holidays. Should we make a 6th application noting that she had always had a cousin in the uk? Or by the way on the first 3 applications she was applying as a visitor to go for her wedding shopping which was being sponsored by her uncle. And now she is married no kids yet and not working so no income just being supported by her husband and family. Any advice n tips will be much appreciated thank you

1. Possible to remember why she was refused her first and second applications?

2. Can her husband afford to sponsor her without contribution from other family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dijanbala: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
justwise:

1. Possible to remember why she was refused her first and second applications?

2. Can her husband afford to sponsor her without contribution from other family member?

First refusal was in 2012, and it was because she stated she was a student but did not provide all the necessary documents to prove she was in full time education, and she choose a particular area of london (on the advice of some agent) but did not demonstrate why she choose the area for her wedding shopping (the application stated she wanted to go for her wedding shopping and a visit) and also stated she did not know anyone. Second application was refused because they did not believe her uncle whom was sponsoring her visit and shopping was really her uncle and if he would really sponsor the trip, and that she had no income in nigeria. Third refusal reason was very similar to the second adding to the fact that she couldnt prove her uncle is really her uncle and his financial statements and documents submitted were not sufficient. fourth refusal was in the same year 2012 in october; this is when I came into the picture as they have been doing the applications without any input from my end. Fourth application was refused because all the supporting documents submitted were scanned copies so they could not be certain they were authentic, and they picked on the point that she initially claimed she knew no one in the uk. This last one was refused last week, and the reason was that she has no strong economic or financial ties in nigeria so they are not satisfied she will return after her visit. thank u. sorry its long winded. No her husband can not afford to pay for her trip hence why her uncle wanted to pay for her to come visit with us. thank u once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dijanbala:

First refusal was in 2012, and it was because she stated she was a student but did not provide all the necessary documents to prove she was in full time education, and she choose a particular area of london (on the advice of some agent) but did not demonstrate why she choose the area for her wedding shopping (the application stated she wanted to go for her wedding shopping and a visit) and also stated she did not know anyone. Second application was refused because they did not believe her uncle whom was sponsoring her visit and shopping was really her uncle and if he would really sponsor the trip, and that she had no income in nigeria. Third refusal reason was very similar to the second adding to the fact that she couldnt prove her uncle is really her uncle and his financial statements and documents submitted were not sufficient. fourth refusal was in the same year 2012 in october; this is when I came into the picture as they have been doing the applications without any input from my end. Fourth application was refused because all the supporting documents submitted were scanned copies so they could not be certain they were authentic, and they picked on the point that she initially claimed she knew no one in the uk. This last one was refused last week, and the reason was that she has no strong economic or financial ties in nigeria so they are not satisfied she will return after her visit. thank u. sorry its long winded. No her husband can not afford to pay for her trip hence why her uncle wanted to pay for her to come visit with us. thank u once again.

No thanks you actually gave more details than i expected which is good.

Ok...she need to be physically restrained from applying again grin grin, her situation has not really changed from the first application apart from getting married, she is coming across too desperate now that the ECO might question her true intention of wanting to visit the UK. Its obvious that money is an issue for now and she can't keep depending on somebody to pay for the trip.

If she applies again it probably going to be the same story. Maybe if she is working and can afford to pay for herself then that will increase her chances of getting a visa but as its at the moment....its really remote chance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dijanbala:

With all these displays of desperation and discrepancies with misinformation, and also fact-concealings, altogether with the non-original documents, are you sure that she has not been deemed as a fraudulent applicant using deceptions? The scanned documents might even have been tampered otherwise, why didn't she provide the original?
Apart from not meeting the requirements, she also needs to be concerned that she might have been banned.
Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 4:00am On Sep 07, 2014
@3sha4lyf hey dear pls wanted to ask, what are the precautions I should take at the POE considering am a uk first timer + coming from ebola endemic naija.... + being a health worker.....jux don't wanna be turned back o....lol

Anyone travelled recently? Hope dey r jux simple screening procedures @ d POE and no harrasment?
Also, would they ask me questions about my Visit?
Must I carry same amount of cash stipulated in my form?
My conference is in norwich, but I am entering through manchester and would take a bus down to norwich, hope they won't ask me #yeye questions?
Finally, I breached my booking.com hotel booking and choosed another cheaper hotel, hope they won't findout and ask me stupid questions why so? #thats if they know anyways
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dijanbala: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=justwise]

Thank u for your time Justwise. She will refrain from further applications for now. I honestly blame myself as I am the one that wanted her to come over and keep us company here for a few weeks. thank u for comments.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Update!

After about 10 business days we got a text to pick as our visas have been processed.

We were refused the visa my self and my partner. My refusal stated thus;
You have applied for entry clearance along with your husband and have stated that he is paying for your visit. I note that this application has been refused and you have not provided satisfactory evidence of your own funds or financial circumstances. I am not satisfied that adequate maintainance and accommodation arragements are not in place for your visit. In the absence of further evidence i am not satisfied that you will be able to adequately maintain and acomodate yourself without employment and without recourse to public funds, or meet the cost of your return or onward journey from the uk. ( i am not married, i applied as unmarried partner but we have a 3 year old child, i wonder why they stated husband).

My partners letter stated:
*You have been employed with xyz PLC as xyz position and earn xyz naira per mont. You have also submitted an employment letter to confirm this part of your application.
*However, your stated income is not reflected in your bank statement. Whilst i have taken into consideration all documents presented, i am not satisfied with your personal circumstnces are as you have indicated.
* In light of all the above, i am not satisfied with your intentions in wishing to travel to the Uk now, i am not satisfoed that you intend a short visit only to the Uk and that you will leave the Uk at the end of your visit. I am not satisfied that you will be able to maintain and accomodate yourself adequately in the uk or meet costs of your return or onward journey from UK.

He put his salary statement in the application and i believe the Visa Issuing Officer did not see it.
His Current acct had a bal of over 3Million naira bal
His savings had abt 1M bal
His salary acct - abt 600k bal
Landed property documents
Shares certificates- various
Letter of introduction from his place of employment
Leave Letter stating leave with pay
6 months pay slips
My green card
My sons passport data page (US citizen)
Copy of his tax id card

We want to reapply, whats your take on it. Kindly note that i have an acct but it isnt soo funded as i am in nigeria temporarily. and my partner is still the one sponsoring myself and our son

SashaPride:

Plan to visit Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Hyde Park, The Shard, Sea Life London Aquarium, Tower Bridge, Churchill War Rooms, London Zoo, Big Ben, House of Parliament, Tower of London, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey, Madame Tussaud, Kidzmania, London Bus tour and Thames Boat Cruise. our hotel is in Westminster to get to places easily. He did that in the additional info box. So we wait and see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Update!

After about 10 business days we got a text to pick as our visas have been processed.

You have applied for entry clearance along with your husband and have stated that he is paying for your visit. I note that this application has been refused and you have not provided satisfactory evidence of your own funds or financial circumstances. I am not satisfied that adequate maintainance and accommodation arragements are not in place for your visit. In the absence of further evidence i am not satisfied that you will be able to adequately maintain and acomodate yourself without employment and without recourse to public funds, or meet the cost of your return or onward journey from the uk. ( i am not married, i applied as unmarried partner but we have a 3 year old child, i wonder why they stated husband).

*You have been employed with xyz PLC as xyz position and earn xyz naira per mont. You have also submitted an employment letter to confirm this part of your application.
*However, your stated income is not reflected in your bank statement. Whilst i have taken into consideration all documents presented, i am not satisfied with your personal circumstnces are as you have indicated.
* In light of all the above, i am not satisfied with your intentions in wishing to travel to the Uk now, i am not satisfoed that you intend a short visit only to the Uk and that you will leave the Uk at the end of your visit. I am not satisfied that you will be able to maintain and accomodate yourself adequately in the uk or meet costs of your return or onward journey from UK.

He put his salary statement in the application and i believe the Visa Issuing Officer did not see it.
6 months pay slips
My green card
Copy of his tax id card
Flight and Hotel booking
pictures

We want to reapply, whats your take on it. Kindly note that i have an acct but it isnt soo funded as i am in nigeria temporarily. and my partner is still the one sponsoring myself and our son
SashaPride: Hi.

New to this forum! My question is regarding my (tourist) UK Visa Application I intend to submit next week. We pln to go to London for 7days.
The story is long but pls bear with me.

I am a LPR(Legal Permanent Resident) of the USA (since 2011) and i have a son who is a US citizen. I'm still in a serious relationship with his dad but not engaged. My self and my boyfriend have traveled together to Dubai, and that's it. I'm currently in Nigeria( for a while now) and he wants to plan a trip to UK I have my Green Card and re-entry permit to go back to the US as i've been out of America for more than 6 months. He is paying for the trip 100%. He is gainfully employed with a salary of abt 300k a month. He has a savings account with a balance of about 1M naira, Landed property, another account with over 2M as he recently got paid benefits from his late mum pension from one of the pension administrative banks. I assume that payment will show as a lodgement and we requested a letter from the bank to show prove which they declined. I am not employed as i don't live in Nigeria and i cant tender my bank statement and work history in the US, as i have been away for more than 6 months. I Urgently need your advice on this matter. Find below the documents we currently have for submission

Letter of introduction from employer- same employer for over 7 years
leave letter stating beginning and end of leave and date to return back to work
Payslip -6 months
Hotel reservation
Flight Itinerary
landed property document
Pictures- various times
bank statement- 1 salary, 1 current, 1 savings
My LPR Card and Re-entry Permit for USA
Copy of our sons US BC and Passport Data page(US Passport)
Letter of Sponsorship from him to stating that he is paying for the trip entirely and we plan to return to Nigeria.

Hope to hear back soon.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chinwem(f): 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
esosa4real: @3sha4lyf hey dear pls wanted to ask, what are the precautions I should take at the POE considering am a uk first timer + coming from ebola endemic naija.... + being a health worker.....jux don't wanna be turned back o....lol

Anyone travelled recently? Hope dey r jux simple screening procedures @ d POE and no harrasment?
My conference is in norwich, but I am entering through manchester and would take a bus down to norwich, hope they won't ask me #yeye questions?
Finally, I breached my booking.com hotel booking and choosed another cheaper hotel, hope they won't findout and ask me stupid questions why so? #thats if they know anyways
Thanks

I came in middle of last month.....I didn't experience any problems thankfully. Also a health worker .........flew from West Africa too. Maybe they use infrared cameras ,like the CCTv ones on the wall to check temp cuz you certainly won't see anybody holding a thermometer to your head.
Safe journey!
(Justwise et al can be of more help with the other questions I m sure....he helped me)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
SashaPride: Hi.

New to this forum! My question is regarding my (tourist) UK Visa Application I intend to submit next week. We pln to go to London for 7days.
The story is long but pls bear with me.

I am a LPR(Legal Permanent Resident) of the USA (since 2011) and i have a son who is a US citizen. I'm still in a serious relationship with his dad but not engaged. My self and my boyfriend have traveled together to Dubai, and that's it. I'm currently in Nigeria( for a while now) and he wants to plan a trip to UK I have my Green Card and re-entry permit to go back to the US as i've been out of America for more than 6 months. He is paying for the trip 100%. He is gainfully employed with a salary of abt 300k a month. He has a savings account with a balance of about 1M naira, Landed property, another account with over 2M as he recently got paid benefits from his late mum pension from one of the pension administrative banks. I assume that payment will show as a lodgement and we requested a letter from the bank to show prove which they declined. I am not employed as i don't live in Nigeria and i cant tender my bank statement and work history in the US, as i have been away for more than 6 months. I Urgently need your advice on this matter. Find below the documents we currently have for submission

Letter of introduction from employer- same employer for over 7 years
leave letter stating beginning and end of leave and date to return back to work
Payslip -6 months
Hotel reservation
Flight Itinerary
landed property document
Pictures- various times
bank statement- 1 salary, 1 current, 1 savings
My LPR Card and Re-entry Permit for USA
Copy of our sons US BC and Passport Data page(US Passport)
Letter of Sponsorship from him to stating that he is paying for the trip entirely and we plan to return to Nigeria.

Hope to hear back soon.
SashaPride: Update!
6 months pay slips
My green card
Copy of his tax id card
Flight and Hotel booking
pictures
With my understanding of your circumstances as explained, i don't seem to observe the real reason why your applications were refused, except perhaps there are indeed discrepancies between the stated amount that your "partner" earns and the actual documentation of the earnings.
Address the discrepancies and re-apply: and if you think there is need to explain something, you can add the explanatory letter, Remember to KISS the script. KISS = Keep It Short and Simple
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 8:38am On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks for the heads up.

He put in his salary acct in the application , the visa officer probably didn't take a good look at the documents. I was thinking we should make photocopies of the statement and state on each Salary, Current and Savings and also highlight the salary received in the salary bank statement to avoid the same problem again. Do u advice i put my own statement in the application. i'm not well funded but it shows that he sends money monthly to my acct.

Vicjustice: With my understanding of your circumstances as explained, i don't seem to observe the real reason why your applications were refused, except perhaps there are indeed discrepancies between the stated amount that your "partner" earns and the actual documentation of the earnings.
Address the discrepancies and re-apply: and if you think there is need to explain something, you can add the explanatory letter, Remember to KISS the script. KISS = Keep It Short and Simple
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2014
SashaPride: Thanks for the heads up.
He put in his salary acct in the application , the visa officer probably didn't take a good look at the documents. I was thinking we should make photocopies of the statement and state on each Salary, Current and Savings and also highlight the salary received in the salary bank statement to avoid the same problem again. Do u advice i put my own statement in the application. i'm not well funded but it shows that he sends money monthly to my acct.
In your unsuccessful application, did you apply for your own visa individually, i mean, did you do it separately from your Partner's application?
If so, this is definitely a refusal owing to your unemployment status. But if you applied with your Partner and with your son (who represents the bond of the both of you), you should be eligible for your partner's sponsorship.
You can take all these measures that you intend to do, they will help.
And as for your intention to add your own bank statement... well, it would represent a measure of responsibility in your part to have your own financial substance no matter how small it is, it would help.
Just ensure that the both of you have satisfying reasons to want to return at the end of your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
esosa4real: @3sha4lyf hey dear pls wanted to ask, what are the precautions I should take at the POE considering am a uk first timer + coming from ebola endemic naija.... + being a health worker.....jux don't wanna be turned back o....lol

Thanks

Hiya, just seeing this. I'm really not sure you should be worried about anything... Just be sure of your purpose, (I mean have it ready at the back of your head as they may ask you, though they know why ur here) your contact address, return flight booking should also be handy, just in case. Nothing too serious to be scared of. They are not gods... They ask, you answer, they ok you, you enter. smiley.

Also be careful if they ask how much you have for your trip, and yes, they randomly ask... Just be sure to state the same you put on your form, regardless.
I don't think there's any problem, if you're asked why you came in thru Manchy when your main purpose is in norwich, simply tell'em you got a cheaper bargain via Manchester. You can get the East Midlands train directly to norwich, cheaper if you book earlier. It's bout three to four hours (I've forgotten) and I prefer that to the buses (national express or megabus) because the distance is up to eight hours. I'm not a fan of long trips when there are shorter alternatives, but that's just me.

At out the booking.com, can't really say much. It's a two way thing. If they ask for, and need to crosscheck like your hotel booking, and they have to ring up the hotel, let's hope they won't be overtly ready for you, lol and make an issue on the change of hotel, but in anyway, you can tell them you got a better offer with the new hotel as well. Lol.

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
SashaPride: Thanks for the heads up.

In addition to VicJ's suggestion, may I also suggest that you include a cover letter, detailing the documents you include in your application AND "your reason" for including them as supporting documents.

For example, in the letter, you can write "please find attached the following documents to support my application.
1) MR. Xyz' salary account from ABC bank to show income claims from zzz employer.
2) MR xyz's savings account from Gtz bank which will cater to our travel during the proposed trip ,
Etc.

Be careful about the photocopies of the accounts you included in your past application so that they don't "deliberately" use it to assess your application "by mistake, If you get what I mean. Highlight it in your cover letter that it's to indicated that the previous decision did not consider the salary account details, for example. Also be sure to address other issues raised. It's painful but You gotta toughly do it and I'm certain all will be well.

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nkkystel(f): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Hello justwise! my husband is presently in the U.S, I am still in Nigeria. We planning to have our vacation in the UK. I would like to know if he can apply from Nigeria cos he will be the sponsor.
If yes, will his US bank statement be accepted here in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks A lot.

In my previous application my employment status was unemployed. Do you advise i use the 'Supported by Partner' instead of 'Unemployed' so they know he fends for me here in Nigeria.
3sha4lyf:

In addition to VicJ's suggestion, may I also suggest that you include a cover letter, detailing the documents you include in your application AND "your reason" for including them as supporting documents.

For example, in the letter, you can write "please find attached the following documents to support my application.
1) MR. Xyz' salary account from ABC bank to show income claims from zzz employer.
2) MR xyz's savings account from Gtz bank which will cater to our travel during the proposed trip ,
Etc.

Be careful about the photocopies of the accounts you included in your past application so that they don't "deliberately" use it to assess your application "by mistake, If you get what I mean. Highlight it in your cover letter that it's to indicated that the previous decision did not consider the salary account details, for example. Also be sure to address other issues raised. It's painful but You gotta toughly do it and I'm certain all will be well.

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks @3sha4lyf!
I get it tho buh I jus sha hope they don't take and look into every detail in the form
Cos for example, I stated in the form that I do not ve any fam member or friends and wud stay for 5days.
But actually I plan to stay in uk for 2weeks. My plan is to go to norwich for conference thru manchy then return to manchy and stay with my cousin and then friends for remng part of my stay then return to Naija.

And about the money thingy, na 1500 dey my form o, should I still mention that I have that? Or jux mention that I ve lesser buh am with my creditcard?

Anyways all these are jux in case and don't mind my curiosity, am a first timer UK.
smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2014
nkkystel: Hello justwise! my husband is presently in the U.S, I am still in Nigeria. We planning to have our vacation in the UK. I would like to know if he can apply from Nigeria cos he will be the sponsor.
If yes, will his US bank statement be accepted here in Nigeria.

Is he living permanently in US or he is there temporarily?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LazzyH(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
[/color]@ justwise, I've been a silent observer of the posts on UK travels, i must say you've been of great help to this forum. I'd like to have a chat with you, please drop me an email:mahhason14@hotmail.com or text me your email: I need some vital info. Thanks.

[color=#990000]

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.