Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981165 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 25, 2014
justwise:

Sure you can, give the person a note of authorization.
can it be typed or handwritten?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Dec 25, 2014
chloe7:
can it be typed or handwritten?

Any, does not matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 25, 2014
justwise:

Any, does not matter.
thank you so much for the prompt response and merry Christmas too,i hope the season brings us so much Joy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:37am On Dec 25, 2014
chloe7:
thank you so much for the prompt response and merry Christmas too,i hope the season brings us so much Joy

Thank you and have a wonderful Christmas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hi, pls I will be traveling to UK next summer with my sister and her family On vacation and we will all be staying in their house in London. My sister and her family live here in Lagos and her husband is a briton(white) and she has an Irish passport. My question now is he needs to know what he needs to provide to facilitate my visa since we will be staying in his own house in London. He needs to know if he will have to write a letter to d embassy telling them that he will be accommodating me while we are there and his bank statement. I will be spending only 2 weeks while there. I work too. I have been to Germany some years back and returned before d expiration of my visa. Pls what requirements does my brother in law and I have to provide to get d visa.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tomfikky(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
justwise:

Thank you and have a wonderful Christmas

Thank you Justwise for always being here. I have a question. When should I expect to have my visa? I did capturing for husband settlement Oct. 31, 2014.
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
tomfikky:

Thank you Justwise for always being here. I have a question. When should I expect to have my visa? I did capturing for husband settlement Oct. 31, 2014.
Regards

It's average of 3 months...so next month is possible

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2014
Belated Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays, everybody.

Kind assistance required. I wish to sponsor my 62 yr old mother inlaw to visit her master's student son in manchester come April. She was a business woman but has been inactive since she turned 60. Retirement you could call it. Her retiree husband has other wives so sponsoring her isnt a priority of his. my questions are below:

1. Does she need any letter of consent or so, from her husband?
2. Will her son in Univ of Salford (on PTDF scholarship) need to write a covering letter attaching his school ID etc, in support of her application?
3. Since i intend to cover all expenses, will she need to attach her bank statement to the application?
4. Outside of my bank statement, assets papers, employment details and a covering letter, do i need to attach any other thing?
5. Are there things i am missing outside of those above?

She has lived in the US in the past (has an american first born sef) and last visited US and UK 11 yrs ago. Her most recent trips were to Dubai and China for business.

Kindly assist in filling in any gap i am not noticing in the application.

Thanks and Happy New Year in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stev4luv: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise,thanks for all this informations.I'm planning to go to turkey,is there any menial jobs for me over there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
beejaybida:
Belated Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays, everybody.

Kind assistance required. I wish to sponsor my 62 yr old mother inlaw to visit her master's student son in manchester come April. She was a business woman but has been inactive since she turned 60. Retirement you could call it. Her retiree husband has other wives so sponsoring her isnt a priority of his. my questions are below:

1. Does she need any letter of consent or so, from her husband?
2. Will her son in Univ of Salford (on PTDF scholarship) need to write a covering letter attaching his school ID etc, in support of her application?
3. Since i intend to cover all expenses, will she need to attach her bank statement to the application?
4. Outside of my bank statement, assets papers, employment details and a covering letter, do i need to attach any other thing?
5. Are there things i am missing outside of those above?

She has lived in the US in the past (has an american first born sef) and last visited US and UK 11 yrs ago. Her most recent trips were to Dubai and China for business.

Kindly assist in filling in any gap i am not noticing in the application.

Thanks and Happy New Year in advance.

1. That is not really necessary.

2. Yes he can do that, it will not harm her application but increase her chances.

3. Since you will be picking up the bills she does not necessarily need to add her own bank statement but if she has a reasonable amount in it then its ok to add it.

4. Proof of accommodation for her in the UK, if her son lives in 2bed room flat/house then he should add the tenancy agreement or proof of hotel booking for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
stev4luv:
justwise,thanks for all this informations.I'm planning to go to turkey,is there any menial jobs for me over there.

Got no idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

1. That is not really necessary.

2. Yes he can do that, it will not harm her application but increase her chances.

3. Since you will be picking up the bills she does not necessarily need to add her own bank statement but if she has a reasonable amount in it then its ok to add it.

4. Proof of accommodation for her in the UK, if her son lives in 2bed room flat/house then he should add the tenancy agreement or proof of hotel booking for her.

Thanks alot, Justwise, as always. I made a reservation for her already in a Hotel close to the University.

Happy Holidays
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
I just received the below email from UK embassy and I want to know when I can go to teleperformer to check my application. .This is the first time I am dealing with them,we were using vfs before for previous applications. Thanks.

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. 
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days. 

(This is an automated email - please do not reply to this address. Thank you).

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco ; for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities. 
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. 
***********************************************************************************
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DSSHQ: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Waleabimbola:
I just received the below email from UK embassy and I want to know when I can go to teleperformer to check my application. .This is the first time I am dealing with them,we were using vfs before for previous applications. Thanks.

We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days. 

Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco ; for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities. 
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. 
Congrats.Please when did you apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deri20: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Waleabimbola:

Congratulations. Your visa will be with Telperformance within the next two days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hello house,
Is it possible to apply for my wife without providing a marriage certificate
Because the original is missing and I was wondering if I could use our babies birth certificate
I have a visa, I want to apply for my baby and my son. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
The thing is I lost the original which I did in abuja 2 years ago
But I have a scanned copy, do I print the scanned copy and state in my
Application that I lost the original or can I use the birth certificate of our son
Or should I just get another marriage cert
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

Any, does not matter.

Hi, pls I will be traveling to UK next summer with my sister and her family On vacation and we will all be staying in their house in London. My sister and her family live here in Lagos and her husband is a briton(white) and she has an Irish passport. My question now is he needs to know what he needs to provide to facilitate my visa since we will be staying in his own house in London. He needs to know if he will have to write a letter to d embassy telling them that he will be accommodating me while we are there and his bank statement. I will be spending only 2 weeks while there. I work too. I have been to Germany some years back and returned before d expiration of my visa. Pls what requirements does my brother in law and I have to provide to get d visa.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
modash:
Hello house,
Is it possible to apply for my wife without providing a marriage certificate
Because the original is missing and I was wondering if I could use our babies birth certificate
I have a visa, I want to apply for my baby and my son. Thanks
If she is married, then she should provide the certificate. The baby's birth certificate is not good enough since it doesn't take only a married woman to have a baby. By the way, what do you mean you are applying for a visa for your wife?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Vicjustice:

If she is married, then she should provide the certificate. The baby's birth certificate is not good enough since it doesn't take only a married woman to have a baby. By the way, what do you mean you are applying for a visa for your wife?

I have a valid visa and want my wife to accompany me
So I want to apply for both her and our son
I have a copy of the marriage certificate in my mailbox
But the original is lost
So am asking can I print three scanned copy and submit
Or do I need a new one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
RICHIEBOI1:

Regards

What is your salary scale? Are you married with kids?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Celeprudent(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
plz i wnt 2 study in UK, plz wat re d requirement dat i nid? plz nid ur reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
modash:

I have a valid visa and want my wife to accompany me
So I want to apply for both her and our son
I have a copy of the marriage certificate in my mailbox
But the original is lost
So am asking can I print three scanned copy and submit
Or do I need a new one
In actuality, you are expected to provide the originals of such hard documents, but i suppose you already presented same on your own application, so, i expect that they already have a verified copy of the document in question. Therefore, this will take the discretion of the visa officer to either accept a copy of the marriage certificate or reject it.
These said, i still don't think you can apply for a visa for your wife, i think you can only support it, she is to make the application for herself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Vicjustice:

In actuality, you are expected to provide the originals of such hard documents, but i suppose you already presented same on your own application, so, i expect that they already have a verified copy of the document in question. Therefore, this will take the discretion of the visa officer to either accept a copy of the marriage certificate or reject it.
These said, i still don't think you can apply for a visa for your wife, i think you can only support it, she is to make the application for herself.
Thanks. So which documents to we use to support her application. Presently she is a house wife,
P.S I didn't submit it in my application ( marriage certificate)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
modash:

Thanks. So which documents to we use to support her application. Presently she is a house wife,
P.S I didn't submit it in my application ( marriage certificate)
Celeprudent:
plz i wnt 2 study in UK, plz wat re d requirement dat i nid? plz nid ur reply.
Here we go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Vicjustice:

Here we go

Lol..,....,no wahala I got that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
DSSHQ:
Congrats.Please when did you apply?

We submitted 15th Dec.2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=deri20 post=29309249]

Congratulations. Your visa will be with Telperformance within the next two days[/quot

Thanks,I stay outside lagos.please do you think it's advisable i travel there on Wednesday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:05am On Dec 30, 2014
justwise:

What is your salary scale? Are you married with kids?
Am self employed. Not married,but got a kid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2014
RICHIEBOI1:

Am self employed. Not married,but got a kid.

Registered company and you pay tax on your earning?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nkkystel(f): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
justwise:

You need to apply for your visa in Nigeria, it doesn't matter if his bank statement is that of US, he is the sponsor and traveling with you.

Hi Justwise, please I'll like to be cleared on the following questions:

1* who is in the best position to apply.
2* How long does it take for an approval from the day of application since he is spending only four weeks in Nigeria. We need to attend the interview immediately he comes into Nigeria.
3* How much is the visa application fee for each person.
4* How many application is needed.
5* Are we to attend the interview on same day and time, if yes how do I apply to get same date.

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
hi justwise, please I do intend to travel to d uk and would want to use my hubby company account and personal account as the sponsor, do I need to also attach my own personal account too and am also into buying and selling too.i have a boutique but I dont have a company account.please I need ur advise.tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.