Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981208 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifax(f): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
chloe7:
can it be typed or handwritten?

You can download the form from teleperformance website and print out

http://www.ge2ng.tpcontact.co.uk/sites/all/themes/TLSConnect/documents/Rep_Passport_Pickup.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
ifax:

You can download the form from teleperformance website and print out

http://www.ge2ng.tpcontact.co.uk/sites/all/themes/TLSConnect/documents/Rep_Passport_Pickup.pdf
thank you very much, I wrote a letter already and someone picked it up for me today and I got the visa too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
sparklerii:
hi justwise, please I do intend to travel to d uk and would want to use my hubby company account and personal account as the sponsor, do I need to also attach my own personal account too and am also into buying and selling too.i have a boutique but I dont have a company account.please I need ur advise.tanx

Not a good idea at all, you can't spend your husband's money on leisure, how will he run the business then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
nkkystel:

Hi Justwise, please I'll like to be cleared on the following questions:

1* who is in the best position to apply.
2* How long does it take for an approval from the day of application since he is spending only four weeks in Nigeria. We need to attend the interview immediately he comes into Nigeria.
3* How much is the visa application fee for each person.
4* How many application is needed.
5* Are we to attend the interview on same day and time, if yes how do I apply to get same date.

Thanks!

You asked me some of these questions 4months ago and i answered you....4 months later you returned to ask me the same question again? Na waoo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nkkystel(f): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
justwise:

You asked me some of these questions 4months ago and i answered you....4 months later you returned to ask me the same question again? Na waoo

Yeah Justwise, I asked you this message four months ago and that was why I quoted your previous reply.
1* All you told me was I could use my hubby's account based on my then question but now.
2* I didn't ask how many days it takes for approval from application cos my hubby is not here. Pls as I already eplained to you in my previous post.
Pls I do know you have a lot of questions to reply here and won't be happy to answer them twice.
All I ask is more clarification of those questions having not asked them before.
This enquiry is for our 1 yr wedding anniversary come April.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
justwise:

Registered company and you pay tax on your earning?

I don't have any registered company yet. What do you advise sir?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
@justwise Is it possible for a nigerian living in dubai to apply for uk visa in dubai or cross to london from dubai?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobey2ng:
@justwise Is it possible for a nigerian living in dubai to apply for uk visa in dubai or cross to london from dubai?
Yes, it is possible if s/he holds a valid UAE residence permit with its validity exceeding six months period. But if what s/he has is a visa, then, s/he is not eligible to apply from the UAE.
As for crossing from the UAE to the UK, that is very possible by crossing from the UAE to Saudi Arabla, then cross to Iraq or Jordan, then to Syria, and then to Turkey. From Turkey to Greece or Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia or Serbia, to Hungary, to Austria. and finally you will get to France. From France, you will need to cross via Calais port on a vessel to the UK.
Safe journey.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Vicjustice:

Yes, it is possible if s/he holds a valid UAE residence permit with its validity exceeding six months period. But if what s/he has is a visa, then, s/he is not eligible to apply from the UAE.
As for crossing from the UAE to the UK, that is very possible by crossing from the UAE to Saudi Arabla, then cross to Iraq or Jordan, then to Syria, and then to Turkey. From Turkey to Greece or Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia or Serbia, to Hungary, to Austria. and finally you will get to France. From France, you will need to cross via Calais port on a vessel to the UK.
Safe journey.
Funny u.It residential permit the same as work permit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobey2ng:

Funny u.It residential permit the same as work permit?

Those two are not the same
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
RICHIEBOI1:

I don't have any registered company yet. What do you advise sir?

You need to proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria....something strong enough to bring you back to Nigeria if given a visiting visa.... At the moment you don't seem to have one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
nkkystel:

Hi Justwise, please I'll like to be cleared on the following questions:

1* who is in the best position to apply.
2* How long does it take for an approval from the day of application since he is spending only four weeks in Nigeria. We need to attend the interview immediately he comes into Nigeria.
3* How much is the visa application fee for each person.
4* How many application is needed.
5* Are we to attend the interview on same day and time, if yes how do I apply to get same date.

Thanks!

1. Any of you can make the application as long as its done and submitted in Nigeria

2. Visiting visa takes from one week up to a month...depending on individual cases or application loads at the embassy.

3. https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa

4. One application for each person.

5. You get appointment date when you apply online, make the payment and submit then print out the hard copy for physical submission at their visa center. Many get interviewed the same day (if needed), but visiting visa applicants rarely get interviewed.....[those who applied recently can add more if the system has changed)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nkkystel(f): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
justwise:

1. Any of you can make the application as long as its done and submitted in Nigeria

2. Visiting visa takes from one week up to a month...depending on individual cases or application loads at the embassy.

3. https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa

4. One application for each person.

5. You get appointment date when you apply online, make the payment and submit then print out the hard copy for physical submission at their visa center. Many get interviewed the same day (if needed), but visiting visa applicants rarely get interviewed.....[those who applied recently can add more if the system has changed)

Thanks Justwise, if I hear say I no overclear now. God bless ya!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Westmorgan: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
Strangest I need you to advise me on how you got back your passport because am also in the shoes of counterfeit stamp at this present time I need your advise please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You need to proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria....something strong enough to bring you back to Nigeria if given a visiting visa.... At the moment you don't seem to have one.

Is my son not enough reason to bring me back? What if my brother-in-law the Briton here in Nigeria signs a guarantor on my behalf that I will return back to Nigeria before my visa expires? Will that be of any help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 3:08am On Jan 02, 2015
Good day house. Please i need your help.

I am a medical doctor planning to write an exam in uk in march, want to apply for my visa. I have a salary account which i use regular but the balance is always low about 40k left by month end. I want to include my wifes salary account too.she has a balance of over 1million since we dont spend her salaary. We are both health workers. To boost my account i lodge in cash from my saving and borrowed from a friend into the salary account making the balance about 500k. I have other documents i need like my booking email. Letter from place of work etc. I am going alone during my leave. Please can u advise on my account. NB i was refused visa in 2008 as a student because my parents account wasnt too good. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 4:29am On Jan 02, 2015
hi just wise, please can u advise me on what next I should do or do I need to register my own company and be the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2015
sparklerii:
hi just wise, please can u advise me on what next I should do or do I need to register my own company and be the sponsor.

The question is can afford to visit the UK without using your husband's or your own business money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2015
lokia:
Good day house. Please i need your help.

I am a medical doctor planning to write an exam in uk in march, want to apply for my visa. I have a salary account which i use regular but the balance is always low about 40k left by month end. I want to include my wifes salary account too.she has a balance of over 1million since we dont spend her salaary. We are both health workers. To boost my account i lodge in cash from my saving and borrowed from a friend into the salary account making the balance about 500k. I have other documents i need like my booking email. Letter from place of work etc. I am going alone during my leave. Please can u advise on my account. NB i was refused visa in 2008 as a student because my parents account wasnt too good. Thanks in advance

Not a good idea, why not use your savings and salary account rather than lodging money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2015
RICHIEBOI1:

Is my son not enough reason to bring me back? What if my brother-in-law the Briton here in Nigeria signs a guarantor on my behalf that I will return back to Nigeria before my visa expires? Will that be of any help.

Your mum/family can look after your son as it's common in Nigeria. Your brother inlaw writing a letter will not make much of a difference because even if you did not come back he will not be arrested or asked to pay fine.

As an adult you are expected to meet the visa conditions without depending heavily on a 3rd party.

That said....I will never discourage anybody from giving it a go because the ECO will make the decision, I'm just giving an opinion.

You can add your son's birth certificate and a letter from your brother inlaw and see how it pans out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
I can use my personal account to apply but I made some huge deposit tru my husbands company account because am also a director in the company, I dont know if it wld affect my bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by StudyAbroadUk: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
@lokia. Boosting account will complicate issues. Just like Justwise said use your salary account and savings account. Your wifes statement of account could be added as supporting documents( If using her statement of account, have her write you a letter of support). Emphasis should be placed more on ties to your home country. If you are writing PLAB 1 OR 2. Make sure your paper work is complete. Evidence of Exam booking print out, IELTS Result, Your medical degree certificate, PLAB 1 result if writing PLAB 2 and proof of where you will be residing. Regarding ties to home country...letter from work place, evidence of marriage and kids if you have with any other investment or landed properties you may have. Don't forget to mention previous refusal in your application. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
sparklerii:
I can use my personal account to apply but I made some huge deposit tru my husbands company account because am also a director in the company, I dont know if it wld affect my bank statement.

It will obviously because it will be seen as money lodgement. You need to separate your personal account from the business one, the money for the trip can only come from your personal account but you must justify the source of that money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tanx a lot for the tips and advise.i think its better for him to apply on his own since he stands a better chance if getting it.Tanx alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Floyd45(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Good evening, let me start by saying you all are doing a great job on this thread. I am amazed and delighted at the loads of information available on this thread. That been said i'll like to drop my questions and enquiries, i''ll be gratefull if i get some response. I also apologise in advance if i am breaking any protocol.
I am a civil servant on level 8 with a salary of about 65k, i'l love to go to the uk to visit let say one week max. I'll like to know the necessary informations and details i'll be needing so as to guide me towards applying. i also have a savings account with about 200k aside. Thank you all and i look forward to you reply soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
Floyd45:
Good evening, let me start by saying you all are doing a great job on this thread. I am amazed and delighted at the loads of information available on this thread. That been said i'll like to drop my questions and enquiries, i''ll be gratefull if i get some response. I also apologise in advance if i am breaking any protocol.
I am a civil servant on level 8 with a salary of about 65k, i'l love to go to the uk to visit let say one week max. I'll like to know the necessary informations and details i'll be needing so as to guide me towards applying. i also have a savings account with about 200k aside. Thank you all and i look forward to you reply soon.

Your salary and savings will not help your application, flight cost alone will take almost all your savings and salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Floyd45(m): 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
justwise:

Your salary and savings will not help your application, flight cost alone will take almost all your savings and salary.

Thank you for your swift response. Please what then do you advise? I get a sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Floyd45:

Thank you for your swift response. Please what then do you advise? I get a sponsor?
What would your "sponsor" benefit from spending his money to send your abroad?
If you can answer this question, then the visa is yours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Floyd45(m): 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Vicjustice:

What would your "sponsor" benefit from spending his money to send your abroad?
If you can answer this question, then the visa is yours

I appreciate your response also. Well i guess i'll have to figure that out. I'll be back with more questions. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2015
@justwise, @studyabroad. Thanks for your response. I was just naive and didnt think. My saving into my saving account isnt regular. when i collect "ajo" contribution i usually put it there which is onec in 8 month unfortunately i had a project done in march so the balance went to zero. So if i get a six months statement it would read from zero to 350k (deposited by various people in three months). I felt the account wont be nice. Please what can i do to this account

Can i use my cooperative and thrift society account. I regularly for a year save into the account but its not a bank and im not sure it would be recognised. I have about a 500k in the account and can access another 500k as loan.

@studyabroad2 its for plab2. My documents are completed. Im married with a child and work with the government so i guess proof of ties should be okay.

Another area im worried about is accommodation. I plann on staying with a family friend. Is it advisable to ask him to send the tenancy agreement and passport plus bank statement or should i just book accommodation in a hostel?

Thanks for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jsldirect: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
@Lokia. It doesn't matter if balance is at zero in your savings account. As long as there is money going in and out and not a one time lump sum. You can include it in your supporting documents, You should also include your salary account as evidence of your income, then you should not forget to add your spouse's statement of account, while she writes you a support letter stating funds will be available to you throughout your stay.
Adding your cooperative and thrift society account is not a bad idea. Just avoid cooking up account and lump sum deposit. As long as there is evidence you are a signatory to the accounts you want to use and funds will be readily available to you.

Your proof of ties family, work etc is ok. Regarding accommodation, I will advice you request a tenancy agreement from your family friend if he his willing to give you with his passport data page, recent utility bill, bank statement and Biometric resident card or Passport showing his residential status in UK.
This method reduces further need to show more funds. If you can't get the above from your family friend you can go on to book hostel.

Hope you going for PLAB 2 Training course in London? cool

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wunmi38: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Happy new year people,
I need a guide on something if its okay, I want to apply for 2 years Visa for I and my wife and son but they will not be travelling with me as I intend to travel in Feb. for 2 weeks nut they will be travelling for there yearly vacation come August this year. I am also thinking if I could just apply for mine now and do mother and son later in the year say when I return say March or after Easter period I travelled along with my wife around October 2013 but she travelled along with our son August last year till November so we have decided it will be a yearly event God willing. I need a candid opinion of the house if I can just do it alone now and apply for them in March or we should just go ahead and apply for whole family its on a Family Visit Category I wish to travel in February around 15 for two weeks please I need a family guide on the decision thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.