Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980585 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 04, 2015
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the good work going on here! I have filled my application for UK visit visa and also paid the application fees. I am to submit my documents in a week's time.

The issue now is i don't know how to apply for my 2 children and husband whom I indicated will be travelling with me. Please whats the procedure? Do I create accounts for them and fill separate application for each of them? KINDLY HELP!!!!

THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 6:52am On Jan 04, 2015
jsldirect:
@Lokia. It doesn't matter if balance is at zero in your savings account. As long as there is money going in and out and not a one time lump sum. You can include it in your supporting documents, You should also include your salary account as evidence of your income, then you should not forget to add your spouse's statement of account, while she writes you a support letter stating funds will be available to you throughout your stay.
Adding your cooperative and thrift society account is not a bad idea. Just avoid cooking up account and lump sum deposit. As long as there is evidence you are a signatory to the accounts you want to use and funds will be readily available to you.

Your proof of ties family, work etc is ok. Regarding accommodation, I will advice you request a tenancy agreement from your family friend if he his willing to give you with his passport data page, recent utility bill, bank statement and Biometric resident card or Passport showing his residential status in UK.
This method reduces further need to show more funds. If you can't get the above from your family friend you can go on to book hostel.

Hope you going for PLAB 2 Training course in London? cool

Yes i would be going for the plabtrainer course . Thanks for your help.

Read somewhere that you have to submit original of your document. Abeg i hope that isnt true? I would submit originals of my educational certificate and marriage certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jsldirect: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2015
@Lokia. Yes you need to submit original,IELTS, marriage and degree certificates.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jsldirect: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2015
@Wunmi38. I had suggest you make your own application first. Since they are not travelling with you. They can always make their application when they are ready to travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wunmi38: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
jsldirect:
@Wunmi38. I had suggest you make your own application first. Since they are not travelling with you. They can always make their application when they are ready to travel.
thanks bro I will just that and feed the house later on the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifax(f): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
NittaJ:
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the good work going on here! I have filled my application for UK visit visa and also paid the application fees. I am to submit my documents in a week's time.

The issue now is i don't know how to apply for my 2 children and husband whom I indicated will be travelling with me. Please whats the procedure? Do I create accounts for them and fill separate application for each of them? KINDLY HELP!!!!

THANKS

You can fill for the kids under your account. Go to apply for someone else and apply for them. But I'll suggest your husband creates his account and fill his own form. Because if u do it under your account , it will show the form was filled by you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
ifax:

You can fill for the kids under your account. Go to apply for someone else and apply for them. But I'll suggest your husband creates his account and fill his own form. Because if u do it under your account , it will show the form was filled by you.

Thanks so much ifax. I appreciate your help. However, when filling for my children (ages 8 and 6 respectively), is it okay to use my email and phone number? or do I just put 'Not Applicable' in those fields in their application?

Secondly house, my husband and I plan to use the savings in MY account (4m) for the trip. We run a business which currently has about 800k balance. I am also presenting shares worth 6.5m in MY name. Hubby's savings account does not have much funds running in it, as he is not really in the habit of passing funds through it. Is it 'Okay' to sponsor the children and my husband with my account?

NB: We are also presenting the business account statement, but plan to state that we will use the funds in MY savings account. Hubby has no tax clearance either! Pls whats the BEST possible way to present our application to increase our chances?

Thanks so so much!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wunmi38: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
NittaJ:

Thanks so much ifax. I appreciate your help. However, when filling for my children (ages 8 and 6 respectively), is it okay to use my email and phone number? or do I just put 'Not Applicable' in those fields in their application?

Secondly house, my husband and I plan to use the savings in MY account (4m) for the trip. We run a business which currently has about 800k balance. I am also presenting shares worth 6.5m in MY name. Hubby's savings account does not have much funds running in it, as he is not really in the habit of passing funds through it. Is it 'Okay' to sponsor the children and my husband with my account?

: We are also presenting the business account statement, but plan to state that we will use the funds in MY savings account. Hubby has no tax clearance either! Pls whats the BEST possible way to present our application to increase our chances?

Thanks so so much!!!

from my own angle let me answer your questions :
For the children you use your mobile number and email for the form filling and as per balances in your account let it be a functional account and don't make an emergency fund or sudden fund into your account it will affect your chances and all documents in relation to the joint business can be included and the sides where you give who will be paying for all or part of the journey should be answered in proportion of funds you feel is okay with the joint account all other account should be used as supporting documents to let them know you guys have fnds for the trip.
wish you guys d very best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2015
Sorry i think i posted this in the wrong section earlier.

justwise and other very knowledgeable fellows, thanks for the good works u guys are doing here

Good day, pls I need ur assistance in terms of advice. Other than Ghana I haven’t travelled out of the country.
I would be applying for a UK visa (General Visa 6 months) in the first week of April along with my wife, son (3years) and daughter (1year) for my brother in laws wedding coming up in May.

I was just informed of the date a few days ago

From what I have gathered so far I need to print out my six months statement (October 2014 – March 2015). The problem is that my salary account has been on low for a while duh it has a lot of cash flow but due to heavy commitments its always below N120,000.
I’m a senior staff in federal civil service and some of our allowances were paid us in December close to N2mill but I spent most of it. I can easily raise huge cash from several sources but I learnt it could be counter-productive so I want to wait till end of January/first week of February when we are paid series of our allowances which will total over N2.5mil so as to reflect its source.
So what I need advice on
1) If I maintain an account balance of like N500k from now till end of January/first week of February and then receive my allowances close to N2.5m and leave it till 1st of April before printing out my statement would it be ok?

2) My Wife had been to the UK for her masters sponsored by FG back in Oct. 2012, however my Son who was less than One year then was refused a Tier 4 dependant VISA stating paragraph 319H (The crux of the matter was that I didn’t apply along with my Son) I didn’t see it as necessary applying coz I knew the nature of my work would not allow me leave the country. My Wife was too devastated and had to defer her master’s programme after several weeks in the UK, she left UK since Dec 2012 and hadn’t returned to UK despite the fact her student visa expired in Jan. 2014. Hope it won’t affect My Son?

3) My Wife has close to #7,000 (Seven thousand pounds) in her UK account untouched since 2013 can we use that?
4) Most of my landed properties are not in my name however I have two (one in PH and another in Owerri) which are in my name, can I use them? They are just land deeds?
5) Should I also include an statement from my pension fund administrators showing a balance of close to N3mill? Do I include my employment letter and also get an introduction letter from my office (Duh it’s a Federal Agency)
Thank you very much if I could have some of these questions answered so as to know what best to do without making mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
NittaJ:

...when filling for my children (ages 8 and 6 respectively), is it okay to use my email and phone number? or do I just put 'Not Applicable' in those fields in their application?
Entering or writing N/A on the fields for contact details will automatically disqualify the application, so, you can use your own email address and other personal contact details.

NittaJ:

Neither your business account with N800k nor the N6.5m ("share worth" ) can represent evidence of funds, but they would make a perfect tie or commitment to Nigeria.
Also, your savings account could be a jeopardy to your application if the money in it is not readily available and accessible like with current account

NittaJ:

NB: We are also presenting the business account statement, but plan to state that we will use the funds in MY savings account. Hubby has no tax clearance either! Pls whats the BEST possible way to present our application to increase our chances?
Thanks so so much!!!
You have done well by deciding to foot the cost, but i'm only concern about the structure of your financial details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
My wife made another EEA family permit application on the 17th of December,and her intended date to travel was on the 10th of January,and up until now,we have not heard anything yet,is it possible for her to get a reply before then. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
nonoski:
Sorry i think i posted this in the wrong section earlier.

justwise and other very knowledgeable fellows, thanks for the good works u guys are doing here

Good day, pls I need ur assistance in terms of advice. Other than Ghana I haven’t travelled out of the country.
I would be applying for a UK visa (General Visa 6 months) in the first week of April along with my wife, son (3years) and daughter (1year) for my brother in laws wedding coming up in May.

I was just informed of the date a few days ago

From what I have gathered so far I need to print out my six months statement (October 2014 – March 2015). The problem is that my salary account has been on low for a while duh it has a lot of cash flow but due to heavy commitments its always below N120,000.
I’m a senior staff in federal civil service and some of our allowances were paid us in December close to N2mill but I spent most of it. I can easily raise huge cash from several sources but I learnt it could be counter-productive so I want to wait till end of January/first week of February when we are paid series of our allowances which will total over N2.5mil so as to reflect its source.
So what I need advice on
1) If I maintain an account balance of like N500k from now till end of January/first week of February and then receive my allowances close to N2.5m and leave it till 1st of April before printing out my statement would it be ok?
It would be OK if there is documented evidence of the source and the purpose of the money.

nonoski:

2) My Wife had been to the UK for her masters sponsored by FG back in Oct. 2012, however my Son who was less than One year then was refused a Tier 4 dependant VISA stating paragraph 319H (The crux of the matter was that I didn’t apply along with my Son) I didn't see it as necessary applying coz I knew the nature of my work would not allow me leave the country. My Wife was too devastated and had to defer her master’s programme after several weeks in the UK, she left UK since Dec 2012 and hadn’t returned to UK despite the fact her student visa expired in Jan. 2014. Hope it won’t affect My Son?
Well, except there is a basis to suspect migration intention, that issue can not be connected to this.

nonoski:

3) My Wife has close to #7,000 (Seven thousand pounds) in her UK account untouched since 2013 can we use that?
It depends on the type of account in which the money is kept.

nonoski:

4) Most of my landed properties are not in my name however I have two (one in PH and another in Owerri) which are in my name, can I use them? They are just land deeds?547
Unlike business or other functioning properties that requires your managerial obligations, these would likely serves no purpose as such are considered properties that stand in isolation

nonoski:

5) Should I also include an statement from my pension fund administrators showing a balance of close to N3mill? Do I include my employment letter and also get an introduction letter from my office (Duh it’s a Federal Agency)
Thank you very much if I could have some of these questions answered so as to know what best to do without making mistakes.
You can include such statement as supporting evidence of your financial worth, and the letters would be helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
coldstone84:
My wife made another EEA family permit application on the 17th of December,and her intended date to travel was on the 10th of January,and up until now,we have not heard anything yet,is it possible for her to get a reply before then. Thanks
One thing i know for sure, they are not going to hurry up your application to sooth your plans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
My wife made another EEA family permit application on the 17th of December,and her intended date to travel was on the 10th of January,and up until now,we have not heard anything yet,is it possible for her to get a reply before then. Thanks[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
My wife was called for an interview on Thursday and she was told to bring any other form of identification for my workplace,and also bring her slip that she would use to collect her documents. I don't know what to send to her again,as she has submitted everything I sent to her,please justwise I need assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
coldstone84:
My wife was called for an interview on Thursday and she was told to bring any other form of identification for my workplace,and also bring her slip that she would use to collect her documents. I don't know what to send to her again,as she has submitted everything I sent to her,please justwise I need assistance

List the documents you sent to her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
justwise:

List the documents you sent to her.
Letter of employment
Payslips
Bank statements
Tenancy agreement
Utility bills
P60
That's what I sent to her,and my wife told me the lady she spoke with told her to bring any other information from my workplace and her interview is on Thursday for 9
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
coldstone84:

Letter of employment
Payslips
Bank statements
Tenancy agreement
Utility bills
P60
That's what I sent to her,and my wife told me the lady she spoke with told her to bring any other information from my workplace and her interview is on Thursday for 9

Did you send data page of your passport and letter from your employer ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
justwise:

Did you send data page of your passport and letter from your employer ?
Yes there's data page of my passport and also letter from my employer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
coldstone84:

Yes there's data page of my passport and also letter from my employer

Then there is nothing else, ask your wife to go with photo copies of those documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
justwise:

Then there is nothing else, ask your wife to go with photo copies of those documents
Ok,thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayanfeeledumare: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
@Justwise please I will like to what to do when I want to apply for UK visa. I shall be applying for it by february ending. Also does th British High commmission do interview? I currently reside in Abuja. Where do I go for the application submission? Thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2015
ayanfeeledumare:
@Justwise please I will like to what to do when I want to apply for UK visa. I shall be applying for it by february ending. Also does th British High commmission do interview? I currently reside in Abuja. Where do I go for the application submission? Thank u.
All the information you need is here already all you need to is to read few pages back. We have over repeated many answers here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintsquare(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2015
good morning
pls justwise I saw on online that 3 month bank statement is accepted. Is this true? because I thought it should be 6 months.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by accra2005: 11:21am On Jan 07, 2015
@ All
Thank God... I received my package yesterday via Fedex with Visa stamped after a long wait . Thanks to you all. I do appreciate your good work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2015
Saintsquare:
good morning
pls justwise I saw on online that 3 month bank statement is accepted. Is this true? because I thought it should be 6 months.thanks

Where online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2015
accra2005:
@ All
Thank God... I received my package yesterday via Fedex with Visa stamped after a long wait . Thanks to you all. I do appreciate your good work.

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by accra2005: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2015
justwise:

Congratulations

Thanks my Oga. Pls keep the good work. May God be with you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintsquare(m): 11:39am On Jan 07, 2015
justwise:

Where online?
Its UK visit enquiry page,but I will be glad if you can direct me to the main UK visa enquiry website, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2015
Vicjustice:

Entering or writing N/A on the fields for contact details will automatically disqualify the application, so, you can use your own email address and other personal contact details.

Neither your business account with N800k nor the N6.5m ("share worth" ) can represent evidence of funds, but they would make a perfect tie or commitment to Nigeria.
Also, your savings account could be a jeopardy to your application if the money in it is not readily available and accessible like with current account

You have done well by deciding to foot the cost, but i'm only concern about the structure of your financial details

Thanks a lot Vicjustice. My savings account is readily available and cashable. However, I had some high inflows in November and December form my corporate account due to the projects my company executed in those months, and I plan to provide the contract documents, invoices and receipts for those projects. Any other thing you think I should include?

Also I stated that I have a sister and I will visit her 'briefly'. She is currently on a study permit and her study visa will expire in April 2015. Since my intended date of travel is in February, will this wont affect anything?

Secondly, in the application? I'm I to fill all amounts in GBP? I filled total amount available for travel in GBP as requested, but filled all others in Naira. Is that okay?

Lastly house, for my children do I also fill cost of boat trip, airplane etc in their application, or put as 0 since they are not the ones paying?

Your comments are HIGHLY appreciated!!

Thanks again and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Saintsquare:
Its UK visit enquiry page,but I will be glad if you can direct me to the main UK visa enquiry website, thanks

Give me the link so as to verify, it could an update I'm not aware of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
accra2005:

Thanks my Oga. Pls keep the good work. May God be with you

Bless you too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.