Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986387 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
teejay_GO01:

Hello vicjustice, kindly reply my above post, thanks

Hello guys: kindly help answer my questions, I would also like to book a tour(like tour guide) for the one week, where can I book one ahead without having to pay 1st?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
ayobj: FOUND TOO MANY SPELLING MISTAKES ON MY LAST POST .
i have followed the posts on this blog and i find it exciting.i however want to share my own experience and maybe it will help other applicants.i must say that my personal experience does not conform to most of the posts hereby posited.
i just picked up my 2 year multiple entry tourist visa to the uk.i applied with my wife and we were both succesful.
contrary to most of the advices here,my account had 593,000 naira as balance.my wife had 67,000 as balance.
we got the visas after 3 weeks.
i only started travelling abroad last year but i have gone to the usa and the uk since june last year and now.
on my first application last year ,i had only 300,000 naira balance in the my salary account.

i was denied in 2008 december.i was earning 183,000 that year.
had 67,000 in one account and 50,000 in my savings account.
the ECO said it can only buy a return ticket and my IV letter was of unproven circumstance.
i lost faith and was angry until someone encouraged me to apply last year and was successful.
later,in august 2011,i took my 3 children and wife and was also succesful.
so there may not be a straight jacketed response as we think.

i have stopped doing invitation letters since the status of your invitee may not be known.
many even dont want to release their intimate personal details.the typical nigeria is stereotyped.
i do hotel bookings all the way.

once again,i am so impressed with this blog.
@ Ayobj....when you were denied in 2008( using invitation letter) and now re applied (booking hotel) which I want to do. Did u have to show the Eco any evidence why u will no longer be staying with the person that invited you? Justwise told me that it isn't an issue to book an hotel after sayin in my last app that I'll stay with my uncle. But my question now is: would the Eco take my word for it when I say my uncle won't be around, or do I need to show any evidence like an email conversation? Sorry for bothering u guys, just that I don't wanna take any risk in my next app
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
teejay_GO01:
@ Ayobj....when you were denied in 2008( using invitation letter) and now re applied (booking hotel) which I want to do. Did u have to show the Eco any evidence why u will no longer be staying with the person that invited you? Justwise told me that it isn't an issue to book an hotel after sayin in my last app that I'll stay with my uncle. But my question now is: would the Eco take my word for it when I say my uncle won't be around, or do I need to show any evidence like an email conversation? Sorry for bothering u guys, just that I don't wanna take any risk in my next app

I APPLIED 3 YEARS LATER.
The person that gave me the iv letter was my colleague.we were clsaamates in primary school.
i did a hotel booking in hilton hotel london and used it.
no other explanations.
when it was the space for family and friends in the uk,i put his name and pjhone number.
i however said i will not be going there to visit him.
he lives quite far from london anyway.
hope i have answered you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
justwise:

What is the list of documents he sent to you?
invitation leeter,,photocopy O̶̷̩̥̊͡f passport page!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
teejay_GO01:

i must add that you must have enough capacity financially to convince the ECO that you will come back to nigerai and have a great time in britain without recouse to work or public funds

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
ayobj:

I APPLIED 3 YEARS LATER.
The person that gave me the iv letter was my colleague.we were clsaamates in primary school.
i did a hotel booking in hilton hotel london and used it.
no other explanations.
when it was the space for family and friends in the uk,i put his name and pjhone number.
i however said i will not be going there to visit him.
he lives quite far from london anyway.
hope i have answered you.

Yes you have, thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
NuNu08: invitation leeter,,photocopy O̶̷̩̥̊͡f passport page!!

Are you going to stay with him or book for hotel accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dlinks000: 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
Vicjustice:
I understand that you have no intention of visiting the UK as a tourist, it is obvious that you desire to migrate, and from the bottom of my heart, i really do wish you the best of luck; yet, allow me to answer you according to how it is on paper, and by that, i just don't see how you can convince the visa officer, in fact, i am concerned that you will loose your money.
Good luck, Man

I advice you to read my post here to help yourself:

https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

Under normal circumstances, this is supposed to forever "disqualify" you, but you are lucky i have experience with this scenario.
It is not a rare thing for Visa Officers to observe discrepancies in given Dates Of Birth especially pertaining to parents, so, they are aware of the fact that the DOBs of a vast number of Africans are highly uncertain. Some time ago, i made online application for a visa entering the DOB of a relative (something that i wasn't sure of), and the visa was issued. And then, on another application, i forgot the DOB that i gave previously; and i entered a totally different one: but at the end, i added a note that reads:

* "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of ******** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."

Trust me, the visa was also approved despite the discrepancies: i am arguably one of the people that made the Embassy to consider adding an option for people who happen to be in this situation; and now-a-days, there is an option of "I Don't Know" when entering a family member's DOB.

Now, you can do the same for your parents date of birth, these visa officers are aware that Nigerians (like most black African nationals) are not properly documented: So, you can do the same: If applying online in the past, (when you can't proceed to next page without entering a date of birth) you could have entered a guessed DOB, but now that there is the "Don't Know" option, this is your best option: And remember to make a declaration of your lack of knowledge at the end claiming that the DOB of your parents are highly uncertain as there exist no national database to keep such record.

Note: In future time, your parents may need a sworn (and permanent) Declaration Of Age in order to deal with the situation and to be considered eligible for subsequent visa application

@Vicjustice thanks so much for your detailed info and I so much appriciate. May God bless Ʊ all abundantly for the nice work on here but about my parents ago,my last application wasn't done online so how do I fill that space when ever am ready to apply though am thinking not to apply again now but to do so before Xmas wheen my account would have been good to go. I just need what to fill on the paper or Ʊ advising I should do my next application online whenever I wants to. Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
justwise:

Are you going to stay with him or book for hotel accommodation?
m goin too stay with him & his wife..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
NuNu08: m goin too stay with him & his wife..

Then he needs to send you evidence of adequate accommodation for you......tenancy agreement/mortgage document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
dlinks000:

@Vicjustice thanks so much for your detailed info and I so much appriciate. May God bless you all abundantly for the nice work on here but about my parents age, my last application wasn't done online so how do I fill that space when ever am ready to apply though am thinking not to apply again now but to do so before Xmas wheen my account would have been good to go. I just need what to fill on the paper or you advising I should do my next application online whenever I wants to. Cheers.
The online visa application process is not supported for every country, and i think Nigeria is one of the unsupported countries, but the application form is more or less the same contents except for the process.
So, when applying for the visa (in due time) just tick the "I DON'T KNOW" option on the Father/Mother's Date Of Birth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
justwise:

Then he needs to send you evidence of adequate accommodation for you......tenancy agreement/mortgage document.
tnxx justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
NuNu08: tnxx justwise
watt if he doesn't send dart...watt ςα̲̅ñ ¶ do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
NuNu08: watt if he doesn't send dart...watt ςα̲̅ñ ¶ do?

Book for hotel accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrJ1(m): 4:06am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls nairalanders is it possible to apply for a general visit visa after the expiration of a six months family visit visa. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Mr J: Pls nairalanders is it possible to apply for a general visit visa after the expiration of a six months family visit visa. Thanks

That is possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrJ1(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

That is possible.

Thanks Mr justwise.....That means I could use an Hotel reservation this time instead of a letter of invitation from my family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2012
Mr J:

Thanks Mr justwise.....That means I could use an Hotel reservation this time instead of a letter of invitation from my family member?

Yes you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2012
Thanks Justwise for your assistance so far.

Please i have a mix up along the line, and i need your help on this.My sister in-law has decided to sponsor my trip and i wanted to know if i should still use the family visitor form or i just go for the general visitor form. This is because i dont have pictures taken with her, we rarely communicate so no emails and telephone records available. Just want her to bring her bank statements and employment documents as my sponsor, then stay with my husband. What documents do i need from her and what do i need from my husband
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2012
philipin7: Thanks Justwise for your assistance so far.

Please i have a mix up along the line, and i need your help on this.My sister in-law has decided to sponsor my trip and i wanted to know if i should still use the family visitor form or i just go for the general visitor form. This is because i dont have pictures taken with her, we rarely communicate so no emails and telephone records available. Just want her to bring her bank statements and employment documents as my sponsor, then stay with my husband. What documents do i need from her and what do i need from my husband

You stand far better chance with your husband being the sponsor than your sister inlaw since they both live in the same country.

If you scroll back you will see the list of documents i listed that you need from your husband, i think a page or two back.

My worry is this. . .if you fill-in your husband's name in the form but claimed to be visiting your sister inlaw who lives in the same country with your husband don't you think it will raise doubt about your marriage?

Your sister inlaw should send you prove of accommodation, data page of her passport, bank statement/payslip and IV.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

You stand far better chance with your husband being the sponsor than your sister inlaw since they both live in the same country.

If you scroll back you will see the list of documents i listed that you need from your husband, i think a page or two back.

My worry is this. . .if you fill-in your husband's name in the form but claimed to be visiting your sister inlaw who lives in the same country with your husband don't you think it will raise doubt about your marriage?

Your sister inlaw should send you prove of accommodation, data page of her passport, bank statement/payslip and IV.

We just want her to to sponsor my trip while accommodation details will be covered by my husband. What do you think Still a bad Idea?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
[quote author=philipin7][/quote]

That sound suspicious to me, are you going to disclose the info in your form? I mean tell the ECO that your sister inlaw will sponsor you while you stay with your husband?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
teejay_GO01:

Thanks I would be careful, but he was only part sponsoring me with 250K while I provided 150K. What I want to do is explain to the ECO on an additional sheet that my uncle gave me the money 250K(150K will reflect in my savings acct) while I have used the other 100 to do something. I hope explaining like this won't be a problem as I really need to re-apply by Sept, also I will state I'm staying for 1 week ( because I can only raise 600K by sept), though in my last application I put 2 weeks hope this won't be a problem? thanks for replying

Hey vicjustice/ justwise n other visa gurus. Please answer the above question, hope I'm not being a Pest sad I've started reading from the beginning of part 1 I'm already on page 30,it isn't easy cos I'm using my fone, coupled with the stress of work, though I hvnt seen a case like mine for now. Thanks for taking out ur time to do wat u do GBU
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

That sound suspicious to me, are you going to disclose the info in your form? I mean tell the ECO that your sister inlaw will sponsor you while you stay with your husband?

I get your point, thanks for the advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
justwise:

Justwise i got this information from the UK BA site that is why i feel i can use my sister inlaw

- If someone else is paying for your trip then they should consider providing the same information about their finances and
employment.
- If you are providing documents from a joint account then please explain who the other account holders are, and why you
have permission to spend money from the account
- If your spouse or partner is employed then the Entry Clearance Officer would also like to see evidence of their
employment and financial details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
teejay_GO01:
Thanks I would be careful, but he was only part sponsoring me with 250K while I provided 150K. What I want to do is explain to the ECO on an additional sheet that my uncle gave me the money 250K(150K will reflect in my savings acct) while I have used the other 100 to do something. I hope explaining like this won't be a problem as I really need to re-apply by Sept, also I will state I'm staying for 1 week ( because I can only raise 600K by sept), though in my last application I put 2 weeks hope this won't be a problem? thanks for replying

Hey vicjustice/ justwise n other visa gurus. Please answer the above question, hope I'm not being a Pest sad I've started reading from the beginning of part 1 I'm already on page 30,it isn't easy cos I'm using my fone, coupled with the stress of work, though I hvnt seen a case like mine for now. Thanks for taking out ur time to do wat u do GBU
The source of the money is not the main problem, nor is the accumulating method of compiling the funds, the issue is: the N350k is way too low to satisfy the Visa Officer, how much less when you explain to the Visa Officer that the money is a combined effort from yourself and other relatives...and that 100k (from it) has been spent on other matters.
If you paid the visa fee, and purchased an economic flight ticket from the 250k, would there be anything left?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
philipin7:

Justwise i got this information from the UK BA site that is why i feel i can use my sister inlaw

- If someone else is paying for your trip then they should consider providing the same information about their finances and
employment.
- If you are providing documents from a joint account then please explain who the other account holders are, and why you
have permission to spend money from the account
- If your spouse or partner is employed then the Entry Clearance Officer would also like to see evidence of their
employment and financial details.

Yes that is the point, are you ready to explain to the ECO that your husband is British but he is not sponsoring you but you will stay with him when you get there? If you are ready to do that then fine. Put his details and that of your sister inlaw.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Omotier1, Vicjustice, Justwise and others,

After one year plus, i finally go my UK visiting Visa today. Thanks you guys for all your help and direction during the refusal period. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
jt2010: Omotier1, Vicjustice, Justwise and others,

After one year plus, i finally go my UK visiting Visa today. Thanks you guys for all your help and direction during the refusal period. I appreciate
gLaD tO hEaR tHaT.
Justwise/Dis Guy
How about creating a thread for Testimonies so that anyone who wishes to share a testimony may post it there; and other testimonies that are posted on other threads may be moved to the testimonial thread.
I understand it might be additional task though, so, it's only a suggestion, the decision is yours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
My younger brother jumped the gun in the year 2000.he was helped by an uncle who was staying in the usa then with a fake british passport with which he travelled to the uk.he worked for a while but later had issues which he has not disclosed.
Had a daughter with a british girl who first demanded money before marraige and then refused to maarry him saying africans have duped her and her sister for stay issues.
He was subsequently deported in 2007.he had no money so could not travel on his own volition.he said he was a nigerian.
He wants to go back.
When I visited britain,his friends said I should get him a schengen and that he will find his way nack to britain.
Does he have the 10 year ban being that he travelled to britain prior to the biometric era.
??
Cam he get a 6 month visit visa on his present status.
Can he apply to britain to see his daughter?
I visited the daughter and mother recently but still she has no job and lives with her parents.
My brother used to live there too.typical british house.no luxuries.
She lives on welfare!
Tried moving to a shelter in east london but didn't work.
My brother is now 35.
I need candid advice on this issue.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Vicjustice:
gLaD tO hEaR tHaT.
Justwise/Dis Guy
How about creating a thread for Testimonies so that anyone who wishes to share a testimony may post it there; and other testimonies that are posted on other threads may be moved to the testimonial thread.
I understand it might be additional task though, so, it's only a suggestion, the decision is yours

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seedgie(m): 2:52am On Jul 24, 2012
talking about last year's scam by crystal services, I was very lucky though spent about 4k on the trip and they ate my 2k before i noticed somethg fishy about them when got to their office as the stuff was going on. they were even collecting money for medicals(50k) there and people were filling the forms. I still have a copy of the affidavit with me till date for refrence purpose.I am saying this cos information is the key. IF NOT FOR THE INFO I GOT FROM NL BEFORE THAT TIME THEY WOULD HAVE COLLECTED MY 80K FOR THE FULL PACKAGE AS IT WAS CALLED IN THEIR OFFICE THEN. We should be careful with all this agents. am not saying there are no good ones amongst them. justwise you are on point. thanks to NL

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.