Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,605 members, 7,851,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986224 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2012
Dark mark: Pls justwise, i just want to be clerify on this issur that is likly to put me through a heart attack, i 1st applied for a student uk visa 3weeks ago ‎​Äπϑ i was refused by Eco stating that you have claim 30 point for Cas letter but you have faild to provide τ̲̅ђe suportive document with which you used in gaining your place at Kent College of Business ‎​Äπϑ Computing so there for i have refused your visa under paragraph 245ZV but your 10 point has been correctly claimed, i did submitt my CAS letter without adding my suportive letters becos i thought my CAS letter has coverd up τ̲̅ђe supportive documents since it was listed in τ̲̅ђe CAS, have to go home again ‎​Äπϑ made some General Medical Test ‎​Äπϑ up to Chest X-ray ‎​Äπϑ i did apply already for an Exstention of Date till 17th of semptember even befor τ̲̅ђe 1st Application, now i have made another Application but don't know if i can use 1 CAS letter for 2 Application ‎​Äπϑ is just 1week ‎​Äπϑ a day since i made τ̲̅ђe last Application don't know if i should wildraw so τ̲̅ђe can refund my fees why i get another CAS letter then Re-apply again, pls i need your help.

Since you have made the application already there is nothing you can do now, no advice here will change anything. If you have included all the documents included in the CAS then wait until the ECO make his or her decision, if you withdrew it now you loose the application money, its non-refundable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dunte: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
Vicjustice:
Except there is something that i don't understand..., But the rules are quite clear, every application is treated in its own merit and i don't see how applying for a tourist visa and genuinely visiting the UK would have any negative effect on your future student visa application.
If you intend to travel for studies (whether pre or post graduate, degree or master), you go for student visa, and if you intend to visit, then you apply for Tourist/Visit visa: i really don't understand your question

Thanks for the comments but I tink ill nid to explain to you better still on fone or email. I will appreciate if u could send me your pin or fone number to my email for better explanation. Thanks as I expect ur response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dunte: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
Vicjustice:
Except there is something that i don't understand..., But the rules are quite clear, every application is treated in its own merit and i don't see how applying for a tourist visa and genuinely visiting the UK would have any negative effect on your future student visa application.
If you intend to travel for studies (whether pre or post graduate, degree or master), you go for student visa, and if you intend to visit, then you apply for Tourist/Visit visa: i really don't understand your question

Thanks for the comments but I tink ill nid to explain to you better still on fone or email. I will appreciate if u could send me your pin or fone number to my email for better explanation. Thanks as I expect ur response...aadesuyi2011@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ninilicious: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2012
@justwise- kindly respond to my email.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Darkmark(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Justwise, what I'm asking now is this can one use 1 CAS letter for 2 application even when i requested for an Exstension of Date, pls any Advice on what to do!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Darkmark(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Justwise is there any way i can submitt aditional information to τ̲̅ђe UKBA to be included on my Applied Documents? Pls i need your advice!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
dunte:

Thanks for the comments but I tink ill nid to explain to you better still on fone or email. I will appreciate if u could send me your pin or fone number to my email for better explanation. Thanks as I expect ur response...aadesuyi2011@yahoo.com
Please, understand that there are vast number of people who come here to make inquiries, and everyone would have desired to correspond in private just like you; therefore, it won't be possible for me to send private emails to everyone.
Besides, no one in nairaland knows your true identity, so no one can use your case against you: And ultimately, it will be more beneficial to others if the issue is discussed openly. I appreciate your understanding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
@justwise.......my Cousin has finally sent his Council tax & phone bill receipts too M̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ via Email......his Ȋ̝̊̅† okay for ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̅☺ use & put i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ mai application №ω?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinapame(f): 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
@justwise My UK visa will expire on August 27th and i want to re-apply. Can I re-apply before that date or after? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
NuNu08: @justwise.......my Cousin has finally sent his Council tax and phone bill receipts to me via Email......is it okay for me to use & put it in my application now?
Your query is in Chinese.
Well, if your application is pending ie has not yet been decided, it is OK to include additional documents provided you know the reference number and that the document(s) reach them in time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
tinapame: @justwise My UK visa will expire on August 27th and i want to re-apply. Can I re-apply before that date or after? Thank you

I suppose you are talking about a Tourist Visa...
It is not done that way, if you are applying before or immediately after its expiration, it therefore means that you are using the tourist visa in the stead of a residence permit: which means, you are apparently a habitual resident in the UK using tourist visas in sequence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
DarkMark

You need to relax doing that will let you see what u need to know- besides there is a thread for student visa. Reading it from page would have prepared you before application.

UKBA guidelines already state length of validity of CAS and so should your school.

You have submitted already - there is nothing else you can add.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
Vicjustice: Your query is in Chinese.
Well, if your application is pending ie has not yet been decided, it is OK to include additional documents provided you know the reference number and that the document(s) reach them in time
tnxx vicjustice......what ¶m sayin iss that my cousin has sent ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ Council tax & phone bill receipt 2geda with thee invitation letter i hav & hs passport page,,buh thee bills is sent via my email & i already printd It out....so i askd if its aiii to submit my application now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
NuNu08: tnxx vicjustice......what ¶m sayin iss that my cousin has sent ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ Council tax & phone bill receipt 2geda with thee invitation letter i hav & hs passport page,,buh thee bills is sent via my email & i already printd Ȋ̝̊̅t out....so i askd if its aiii to submit my application now?
It is allowed to use Utility bill documents that are sent or received by email or fax, only hard documents that carry security authentication or seals or stamps are not acceptable by email or fax: you can submit your application when you are prepared
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
Vicjustice: It is allowed to use Utility bill documents that are sent or received by email or fax, only hard documents that carry security authentication or seals or stamps are not acceptable by email or fax: you can submit your application when you are prepared
tnxx Vicjustice....will keep Ʊ all posted wen out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Yommykixz(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2012
I am 24, willing to go to the uk on visit, I have a friend there that's willing to get me all required document from there (invitation letter, statement of acc...e.t.c.) all I have is my little money to travel and not the millions to put in account but my problem is can I use my popsy's friend as sponsor here? do I have to prove the relationship between us?
will I have a problem with my friend getting mw documents? thank you as you enlighten me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2012
Yommykixz: I am 24, willing to go to the uk on visit, I have a friend there that's willing to get me all required document from there (invitation letter, statement of acc...e.t.c.) all I have is my little money to travel and not the millions to put in account but my problem is can I use my popsy's friend as sponsor here? do I have to prove the relationship between us?
will I have a problem with my friend getting mw documents? thank you as you enlighten me.
Click on this link to read what you need to know:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bawizle: 8:27am On Jul 27, 2012
Hello guys, Who knows the cheapest flight from port harcourt to Houston? So far KLM, AIRFRANCE, AND LUFTHANSA are all more than 300k in naira. Is there some thing lower for any date from 12th to 16th august? pls respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks all to for the support, i did not collect statement from my office stating that my salary was paid by hand, and also concerning the business, it a small scale business, and i did not include tax clearance, cos my organisation do a group tax payment for all staffs, but i wrote a letter on the additional document explaining details, and i hope it helps

am going for 5days and i included explanation of the tax and also included sales and purchase invoice from my personnel business, just that i did not include pictures of goods bought.

what do i do now, i already submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2012
diamond30: Thanks all to for the support, i did not collect statement from my office stating that my salary was paid by hand, and also concerning the business, it a small scale business, and i did not include tax clearance, cos my organisation do a group tax payment for all staffs, but i wrote a letter on the additional document explaining details, and i hope it helps

am going for 5days and i included explanation of the tax and also included sales and purchase invoice from my personnel business, just that i did not include pictures of goods bought.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 9:02am On Jul 27, 2012
naiko:
@ diamond 30,below is my advise before the professionals here will assist you witht he best advise.
1-using hotel reservations is fine.
2-having over 500k in your bank account is fine but from my little knownledge might not guarantee your chances unless of other factors i might not know
3-doing VIP at the submission centere is fine too
4-my best advise as regards your salary being paid by hand, will be that the organization you work for,issue you a letter stating these work condition because any money being paid by hand from what have leartn from vicjustice is not recognised and might not count.(any of the professional here will further advise)
best of luck.

Thanks all to for the support, i did not collect statement from my office stating that my salary was paid by hand, and also concerning the business, it a small scale business, and i did not include tax clearance, cos my organisation do a group tax payment for all staffs, but i wrote a letter on the additional document explaining details, and i hope it helps

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2012
justwise:

What is VIP?

Did you include your tax clearance/certificate? The moment you bring business into visa application you have to include that business documents.

Since your salary is cash-in-hand, you have to take your time to explain that to the ECO.

VIP IS DONE AT THE EMBASSY, TO FACILITATE UR APPLICATION I THINK AND ALSO, I DID NOT INCLUDE TAX CLEARANCE AS MY OFFICE DO A GROUP TAX PAYMENT, WHICH I EXPLAINED ON THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, AND ALSO FOR MY BUSINESS, IT A SMALL SCALE BUSINESS,WHICH I ALSO EXPLAINED, AND FINALLY FOR THE SALARY PAID BY HAND, I DID NOT COLLECT A LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER STATING THAT AM BEEN PAID BY HAND, I ONLY EXPLAINED THAT ON THE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT. HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED, WHAT DO I DO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 11:24am On Jul 27, 2012
justwise:

What is VIP?

Did you include your tax clearance/certificate? The moment you bring business into visa application you have to include that business documents.

Since your salary is cash-in-hand, you have to take your time to explain that to the ECO.

and also have been to south Africa b4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hi all... Good afternoon..

Please could someone help me with info in regards to a Uk transit Visa..

I want to go to Ny via Virgin Atlantic.. The transit wait time is less than 24 hours though.. But I've never done transit through the Uk before..I either fly direct or transit through Dubai or France..

Hence, my question is would I require a transit Visa?

A response would be gladly appreciated..

Thank you!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
justwise:

Yes that is the point, are you ready to explain to the ECO that your husband is British but he is not sponsoring you but you will stay with him when you get there? If you are ready to do that then fine. Put his details and that of your sister inlaw.

If i am putting details of my sister inlaw would it include pictures and emails and phone records,i dont have any of these. As for that of my husband every document is available.

Do i use a General visitor form or a family visitor if my sister in law ia sponsoring me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
prayerful: Hi all... Good afternoon..

Please could someone help me with info in regards to a Uk transit Visa..

I want to go to Ny via Virgin Atlantic.. The transit wait time is less than 24 hours though.. But I've never done transit through the Uk before..I either fly direct or transit through Dubai or France..

Hence, my question is would I require a transit Visa?

A response would be gladly appreciated..

Thank you!!
Other countries do not require a transit visa of you, but conservative UK demands that you obtain a transit visa. Well, you can get that at the departure desk in London airports: you need to give yourself enough time to get the transit visa otherwise, you might miss your flight.
Two months ago (in May), i was returning from Nigeria with companions and we were on transit in London Heathrow, but one of us didn't know that he is required to obtain a Transit Visa, it took a sluggish process to get him sorted with the (free of charge) visa, and the process almost made him miss his flight. Remember that Ireland and the UK plus the Isle Of Man etc are regarded as Common Travel Area (CTA), so if this could happen to a person holding the Irish Stamp4 Eufam Residence permit how much more would it happen to a person holding a US visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
jUSTWISE PLS HELP TO CLARIFY:

To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister; grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter; spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister; son or daughter's spouse or civil partner; stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply. If you want to visit a family member who is not listed above, you should come to the UK as a general visitor.

Will they regard sister inlaw as "SISTER" i want to know if i will apply as a general visitor if my sister is sponsoring me, and do i need to present pictures, emails and phone records of us(i mean my my sister inlaw and i)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ Vic justice... Merci beaucoup!!

The transit wait time is about 10 hours so that should be enough time for me to sort myself out..

Thanks again!! smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
@vicjustice Are you sure that you can get a transit visa as a nigerian citizen at heathrow? I'm asking because I know a couple who had a Tourist visa to canada, and they were refused check in at lagos airport by British Airways staffs because they had no transit visa, they ended up flying air france.
Please clarify,.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
philipin7:

If i am putting details of my sister inlaw would it include pictures and emails and phone records,i dont have any of these. As for that of my husband every document is available.

Do i use a General visitor form or a family visitor if my sister in law ia sponsoring me
General visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ Sir P.. A friend of mine transited through Heathrow in December last year to Houston (as a pregnant woman) via BA and she didn't require a transit Visa..

She came back to Lagos in April and had no hassles at the airport..

In fact, her mum went to meet her in February when she had her baby and still through BA via Heathrow and they came back together..

This whole thing can be confusing sometimes... I'd check with the airline though..

In any case.. Just in case I have to get a transit Visa before I get to London, does any one know about the documents I need to submit with my application, how long it takes and any other requirement..

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
If a transit visa isn't required, it would be cool because BA's fares are good compared to air france, klm. But I checked ukba's website and it says a direct airside transit visa is required

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.