Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982124 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2012
goSteelers:

Hello guys, I'll like to ask a question but first let me explain my situation. I once had a UK student visa in 2004, had difficulties with an aunt and my brother who was to take care of my accommodation and decided to return to Nigeria. However upon resolving this issue, i tried going back to England but was stopped at the point of entry and my visa was cancelled (literally with a huge red x sign). The reason for the refusal i believe was because they were skeptical if i was a genuine student considering how short the time was from when i left England the first time to the second time when i tried going back. I'm currently a US resident and i'm thinking of taking my vacation in England to visit my brother after my graduation in May. I guess my question now is, what are my chances of securing a visa to the UK?

You will be fine as long as you meet the requirements AND explain student visa incident, don't hold back any detail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2012
valadex:

@Adebyte. Thanks I appreciate. After completion of my course in November, I decided to come to Nigeria in December since my next course starts in May. I've just been working voluntarily at my cousin recording studio in Lagos to skillfully gain more experience from my sound engineering course. I really understand your reason for the advice but is it really advisable I portray myself as been employed in naija considering the fact that my next course in SA starts in May and my proposed easter holiday is in April which means the duration of my stay in naija prior to both my visit to the UK in April and to go back to SA is less than 4months from my arrival in December which would make employment unrealistic within this short time. Yes you're right, I could apply from SA if I was going for xmas holiday since I'll be back there in May but I'm going for easter holiday and I'm here in naija now. Is it a disadvantage I'm applying from my home country compare to applying in SA? And about the 8days duration I intend to spend in UK, why is it advisable I put in for 2weeks as my first time since I intentionally want to spend 8days? Will the ECO have any problem with shorter duration? I'll appreciate more guide and advice. Thanks I appreciate. smiley

Will read and reply ur post later, need to sort out few issues here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2012
valadex:

@Adebyte. Thanks I appreciate. After completion of my course in November, I decided to come to Nigeria in December since my next course starts in May. I've just been working voluntarily at my cousin recording studio in Lagos to skillfully gain more experience from my sound engineering course. I really understand your reason for the advice but is it really advisable I portray myself as been employed in naija considering the fact that my next course in SA starts in May and my proposed easter holiday is in April which means the duration of my stay in naija prior to both my visit to the UK in April and to go back to SA is less than 4months from my arrival in December which would make employment unrealistic within this short time. Yes you're right, I could apply from SA if I was going for xmas holiday since I'll be back there in May but I'm going for easter holiday and I'm here in naija now. Is it a disadvantage I'm applying from my home country compare to applying in SA? And about the 8days duration I intend to spend in UK, why is it advisable I put in for 2weeks as my first time since I intentionally want to spend 8days? Will the ECO have any problem with shorter duration? I'll appreciate more guide and advice. Thanks I appreciate. smiley

Use the blank space provided in the form to explain the voluntary work you have being involved in since you came back from SA, who is financing the trip? You or your family? Did you make a list of places/things you intend to do in the UK? Outlined you budget for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valadex: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
@justwise, thanks. I have a list of places I want to visit. I also have an email conversation with the National Media Museum I want to visit in Bradford for an exhibition. My uncle is my sponsor. I'll outline the budget. Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
valadex:

@justwise, thanks. I have a list of places I want to visit. I also have an email conversation with the National Media Museum I want to visit in Bradford for an exhibition. My uncle is my sponsor. I'll outline the budget. Thanks a lot.

Oh really? Its a lovely place, been there many times.

Ok, all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hello, I intend apply for a visit visa to the UK. I earn about 200k monthly and work in one of the leading banks. I have about 800k in my salary account and also a fixed deposit investment of about 1.3m in anoda bank. I was denied a UK study visa in 2008. I went on a 2 week vacation dubai last august. What are my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
lankywizar:

Hello, I intend apply for a visit visa to the UK. I earn about 200k monthly and work in one of the leading banks. I have about 800k in my salary account and also a fixed deposit investment of about 1.3m in anoda bank. [b]I was denied a UK study visa in 2008. [/b]I went on a 2 week vacation dubai last august. What are my chances?

What was the reason for the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
My brother inlaw was my sponsor then and they had doubt that he willingly wanted to sponsor me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
@lankywizar.
Would be happy to cognify us why u were refused. I mean on what basis were u refused? That u go a long way to further advise u because based on what u earn and the documents u submitted,I thought that u could
Have got ur visa then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
@lankywizar
Where was ur inlaw based then? Uk or nigeria. Frantic speaking ur financial capability then could even be better off ur inlaw and if u had applied as the sponsorer of urself, u could have got ur visa because u had good good which was on going and u also had other financial commitment documentation. Most importantly,
U had good ties in nigeria which are ur family(wife) and job which they envisaged that u would definitely come back to after ur stay in nigeria. I will advise u giving 2 options.
1. U can apply for ur visa and indicate that u r the one sponsoring urself and in doing so , u will provide the following documentations- bank statement, letter from ur employer, payslips,other finacial documentations
Like ur fixed deposit and others. These stand as evidence that u r capable of financing ur trip to the uk so as to be able to cater for ur flight,accomodation and other basic living allowances while in the uk.

2.U inlaw could stand as ur sponsor provided his circumstances have changed fianancially

3. If he is in the uk,he can send u an invitation letter and write a letter that he is inviting you and that he reside in so so so number of bedroom flat that he can conveniently accomodate u for the period of ur stay
In the uk. Inorder words,he is informing the embassy that he will be responsible for ur accommodation while in the uk and in support of this,he should furnish u some bills registered to his address. Such could include-utility bill(electricity,water), council tax bill and most importantly he can also write a letter stating where he works.
I hope this helps. All d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ADEBYTE
Thank you for your swift response, my situation has changed a lot since the. Then I just finished my NYSC without any job, my brother inlaw who resides in Nigeria volunteered to sponsor me for my masters degree, I think the ECO was not comfortable with the fact that he used his company account of which he is the sole signatory quoting my refusal letter bearing in mind that it was a limited liability company with other directors, turnover on the account was excellent. Also he had 4 kids of which I stated in my application form because they were also holder of UK visa who were all below 10 yrs and the ECO pointed out that he still had a lot of responsibilities on his side. I appealed and it was turned down. Soon after I started work and now I decided to give it a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
@lankywizar. Considering that u uncle also resides in nija, I will advise that u apply for the visa and put urself as ur sponsorer because u have a better chances of getting the visa considering the fact
That u have a good job. But u must also state clearly all require info as it relates to ur previous application on the form if requested.your employer should be able to write a letter for you confirming ur employmnent with them stating ur length of employment to date and also state if u r on anual leave or what and should also state when u r due
Back at work. Also u should also be certain on where u will be staying in the uk. Maybe u r planning on booking hotel, u should include the confirmation in the documents that u submit. All d best once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ ADEBYTE
Thanks.

I have the following documents prepared:

1. Employment Letter
2. Reference Letter from my Company's HR dept
3. Six Month Pay Slip
4. Six Month Bank Statement
5. Fixed Deposit Certificate
6. Hotel Reservation Confirmation

Can you advice on any other document to attach. I go an advice for someone about travel itinerary( not so sure of what to write in this) I intend staying for 10days

@ Justwise I need your input on this also
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
lankywizar:

My brother inlaw was my sponsor then and they had doubt that he willingly wanted to sponsor me.

As long as the refusal got nothing to do with fraud/forgery then considerate in meeting the visiting visa requirements, outline your budget and places you tend to visit in the UK, since you are employed attach your employment and leave letters. Use your salary account/payslip, both must match.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
@lankywizar.justwise had said it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
Thanks Guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
justwise:

Apply as a couple and attach your visa page to her application package, when you applied for your visa did you mention that you have somebody in the UK?

sorry for the late response, nope i didnt mention that i had some1 in the uk,do i need to include wedding pics/marriage certificate etc?, pls advice

ADEBYTE:

@shitanpuns.just as justwise had asked'did u state in ur visa application then that u had ties in the uk? I expected an answer but u could not avail one so I am only going to advise u on options available
if u never stated that u had tiee(families in the uk),I will advise that u attach her passport page along with ur and apply for a tourist visa as well and in doing so u should be able to show that u can accommodate the change in ur circumstances financially.in doing so u can tender a financial ability for two people in ur own capacity. Also to be on a safer side, I will advise that u furnish her account with money which is an evidence that she is working and in
Support of been employed,u can also tender payslip and a letter from her employer. By so doing, u r portraying her as having tie here in nigeria and that gives them the impression that she will return back to nigeria after ur stay in the uk. Also if u had not stated any family ties previously,that could even creat suspicion and she could be refuse except she is applying solo for her visa.

@abebyte, sorry for the late respone: i didnt mention that i had some1 in the uk.she isnt working, so want to be paying in money into her acct as a sign of her bizness dealings etc, [no payslip or letter of employment], by finances for 2, how much do u think wud be apprioprate for a 10 day visit, also since i stated in my own visa application that i wud be going to the uk in dec, n didnt go, and now want to go with my wife in aug, wud it cause any problems for me?, some1 adviced me to just go to uk n spend like 1 wk say btw feb n april, that way the uk peeps wudnt raise any eyebrows etc, but i dont really want to waste abt 200k for the trip if i can avoid it, pls advise,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2012
@shitapuns. The option is urs.u can decide that u want to go on ur own for couple of weeks just because of the time constrain for u to furnish ur wife accont because they expect u to submit atmost 6 months
Bank statement and u should be very careful as to the transactions on the statement inorder not to creat suspicion.inorder words,do u deposit very huge amount just because u want to attain a certain closing balance.
Also regarding her business dealings, have u gotten documents to back that up(receipts,cheques,other business registration documentation just to support her business dealing claim. So inorder to establish a good record for urself now and for her in her future visa application,I will advise that u go on ur own
Now and make sure u got all necessary identification with u(work I'd card) because u will be asked what u do at the port of entry and one way u could show this is depicting ur I'd card. Also u could be asked why u did not travel in december and I hope that u have got good and convincing reason.eg marriage, indispose? Etc. All d best my friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
thanks adebyte, she really isnt working now, she is still job hunting, some1 suggested we state that she is doing small/petty biz, like selling clothes etc to show that she is busy n not just a housewife, so we dont hv any cheques/biz registration docs etc [n wudnt really want to go n register a coy just 4 visa purposes], intend to pay abt 100k/mnth into her acct from now till june that way she wud hv some money in her acct, this wud be in addition to my adding my bank statements to support her application as a husband, are u online now?, maybe we cud chat problems_occuring is my yahoo id

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2012
shithapuns:

thanks adebyte, she really isnt working now, she is still job hunting, some1 suggested we state that she is doing small/petty biz, like selling clothes etc to show that she is busy n not just a housewife, so we dont hv any cheques/biz registration docs etc [n wudnt really want to go n register a coy just 4 visa purposes], intend to pay abt 100k/mnth into her acct from now till june that way she wud hv some money in her acct, this wud be in addition to my adding my bank statements to support her application as a husband, are u online now?, maybe we cud chat problems_occuring is my yahoo id

thanks

Do you work or run a business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2012
@shittapun
Justwise just asked an ideal question and the answer u profer will determine whether u can act to sponsor her as well.inoder words how bouyant u r financially.u just said u wanted to indicate that she sell clothes and if she does,she should be getting and issuing receipts. As a trader,u don't expect her to just been crediting the account with 100k every month without withdarwing money probably for her to get new stocks.is it really imperative that she goes with u now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
i work in a good organization, hv all my paychecks/letters/bank statement etc, got all the necessary paperwork and was given 6months visa wch expired may2011, i used it once to travel dec 2010, applied and was given 2yrs visa in nov, wch i planned to use to travel in dec - as per my application, but changed my mind, got married and now intend to go visit with my wife in aug 2012.

my major problem is my new wife, how to ensure that she is granted visa, , i am open to suggestions /ideas, nothing is set in stone, i wrote the 100k/month , cos its an advice someone made, really a bit confused and need help in doing the right thing n not messing up my wifes visa application/my own valid visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
The same question still left unanswered.is it mandatory that she travels with u? I don't think that u understand what I am putting across.the issue is just ur wife. I know that u have got a good motive to go with u wife and come back but
The embassy wants u to convince them with documentations.pay into and withdral regularly into her account for the next couple of months with references relating to what she does. She may even indicate on the form that she is travelling with u and that u r responsible for all expenses. Most importantly as I had said earlier try and get any get any documentation by any mean just to
Show her business name registered.u may not necessarily need to register the company officially with the body concern for now.your account must be bouyant because u r responsible for urself and wifey. Yahoo id biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
shithapuns:

i work in a good organization, hv all my paychecks/letters/bank statement etc, got all the necessary paperwork and was given 6months visa wch expired may2011, i used it once to travel dec 2010, applied and was given 2yrs visa in nov, wch i planned to use to travel in dec - as per my application, but changed my mind, got married and now intend to go visit with my wife in aug 2012.

my major problem is my new wife, how to ensure that she is granted visa, , i am open to suggestions /ideas, nothing is set in stone, i wrote the 100k/month , cos its an advice someone made, really a bit confused and need help in doing the right thing n not messing up my wifes visa application/my own valid visa

You don't need to open an account for your wife or pay money into an account specifically for this, your account alone will do as long as you have enough money for the trip and something to fall back at in Nigeria.

Do a budget for two of you for the trip and apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
@justwise, thanks, wud hv a minimum of 1.7m b4 we apply, with land docs [1 plot]

@adebyte, yes , the trip is sort of a delayed honeymoon trip, our wedding was in dec 2011, n i knew it wud be difficult gettiong a visa 4 her b4 the marriage/wedding. n i think her chances wudnt be so good if she applies alone as a sigle married female tourist, or what do you suggest?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2012
shithapuns:

@justwise, thanks, wud hv a minimum of 1.7m b4 we apply, with land docs [1 plot]

@adebyte, yes , the trip is sort of a delayed honeymoon trip, our wedding was in dec 2011, n i knew it wud be difficult gettiong a visa 4 her b4 the marriage/wedding. n i think her chances wudnt be so good if she applies alone as a sigle married female tourist, or what do you suggest?
thanks

Ok, just take your time and draw out your trip plan, where to visit, cost of accommodation, transport, feeding. . etc then know how much it will cost you then apply as a couple going on honeymoon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
@justwise n adebyte, thanks so much for ur help, u guys rock!!!.

just 1 more question, since i hv a valid 2yrs visa, when my wife applies for visa/honeymoon.do i need to get a letter from my company, stating that i am on leave?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
shithapuns:

@justwise n adebyte, thanks so much for ur help, u guys rock!!!.

just 1 more question, since i hv a valid 2yrs visa, when my wife applies for visa/honeymoon.do i need to get a letter from my company, stating that i am on leave?

Yes do that and don't forget to attach your visa page/ your passport to her application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2012
Please does anyone know how much d application fee for a uk visiting visa is? 6months and 2 years please. Been trying to open d page on ukba website but it keeps saying connection timed out or something. Thanks people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
Please does anyone know how much d application fee for a uk visiting visa is? 6months and 2 years please. Been trying to open d page on ukba website but it keeps saying connection timed out or something. Thanks people

Ans: Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 20520 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 71550 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 131220 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 189540 General visitor

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK English#resultTableAnchor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2012
Thanks @justwise, Mom got her visit visa on friday. We've been so skeptical about it as I wasn't able to send my tenancy agreement to her. We thank GOD!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2012
tayo_tee:

Thanks @justwise, Mom got her visit visa on friday. We've been so skeptical about it as I wasn't able to send my tenancy agreement to her. We thank GOD!!

Oh that is great, enjoy your graduation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.