Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976137 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2012
justwise:

You can send an email, i hardly log on to msn chat

k,whats ur email add?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by patwolex(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ adebyte, thank u so much for ur reply, pls can I have ur phone number? Is there any easiest and fastest means I can get in contact with u one on one? Pls I have a lot to discuss with u and its very confidential and private, pls get bk 2mi, patwolex@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
Just wanna let you guys know i got my VISA. much thanks to @justwise for his kind advice.
I donno if i'm qualified to advice now but i just wanna say that attaching a letter as advised on this thread to explain and clarify the reasons given in my last denial must have been a useful instrument in my application.

Thanks everibori cheesy

Cheers,  grin london here come wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
@patwolex
Sorry for the delay. U can email me at biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
visanewbee:

Just wanna let you guys know i got my VISA. much thanks to @justwise for his kind advice.
I donno if i'm qualified to advice now but i just wanna say that attaching a letter as advised on this thread to explain and clarify the reasons given in my last denial must have been a useful instrument in my application.

Thanks everibori cheesy

Cheers,  grin london here come wink

Congrat! I'm really happy for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Vicjustice and Adebyte, i'm a civil servant on N70k salary, have 110k in my salary accnt, 80k in co-operative accnt, close to 200k in my pension fund accnt, have a plot of land, married with a kid, an NGO i work for wants to sponsor me on a conference/seminar, the NGO is covering my flight, hotel, seminar fees, what are my chances?, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ola4yinka. If the NGO is sponsoring you, u should be fine. But the question is who is submitting the application? Pls let me know so that I can advise u accordingly.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2012
Thanks Adebyte for ur fast response, am d one submitting d application, pls enlighten more, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ola4yinka
Good. If u r submitting ur documents, u need a letter from the NGO confiming that u r working with them. Also they should write another letter stating the seminar and their intention to send you there. The company statement and other evidence of the business financial eligibility documents to sponsor u.if registered, their registration document just to show it existence.
Evidence of the funds in their account. And on ur own part, u can submit all the documents u had earlier stated as well as ur payslip. I will suggest that u gather the money in one of ur account and gradually put it in the other one and also see if u can get more money to add to top it to about 300k. I guess that u should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by muumuu(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
AM A UNI STUDENT AND I INTEND TO TRAVEL AS A TOURIST TO D UK DIS JUNE ,I INTENDT TO USE MY MUM STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT EVEN THOU I WILL BE SPONSORING MYSELF.I NEED ADVICE ON WC OTHER DOCUMENTS I WLL NEED TO SUBMIT,AND HOW MUCH MY MUM NEEDS TO HAVE IN HER ACCOUNT IF AM TO USE HER STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT CUZ I INTEND TO PUT MONEY IN HER ACCOUNT JUST TO SUPPLEMENT WAT SHE'S GOT , AV ALSO GOT GERMAN VISA STAMP ON MY PASSPOT CUZ AV BEEN TO GERMANY ON 2 OCCASSIONS , THANKS FELLAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Adebyte, thanks a lot really appreciate, bt what i didn't get is d moving all my money to one accnt n gradually moving to anoda, dnt understand that, so with all d proof of having dis funds still won't convince them?,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
@olayinka. What I mean is that having 80K in one account and 110K in the other may not help muchm it could be better having huge sum just in one account only. I am not saying using both acct is not ok but to increase ur chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Adebyte, now i understand, will see what i can do, thank u very much for d info, will also let u know as it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oraclefemi(m): 1:44am On Mar 08, 2012
Hello Nairalanders please i am in dire need of advice for a friend, his step brother who happens to be a uk citizen wants to invite him over for a visit and he has agreed to send the following
His British passport scan page
Letter of invitation
Birth Certificate
Tenancy agreement
Receipt of utility bills such as electricity and water bills , please we are wondering if he should include his bank statement even though my friend is the one sponsoring the trip
Now the major problem is that my friend owns a share in the company(also director) he plans to use as sponsor for the trip and the funds is in a joint account with the other director in the company pls note that the other director is aware of his plans to use funds from the companies joint account. Please how do we go about this ? as a director he doesnt receive pay slips or have any payment in the name of the company paid into his account because they share profits as it comes(transport company) so will we have issues with pay slips?
my friend has the following documents to back his finances
newly opened zenith bank account with 230k in it
gtbank account with 1m in it but over the past 6 months the account has a lot of transactions made in and out of it
mutual benefit policy certificate for 2m
intercontinental account balance for 200k and 1m in fixed deposit
tax clearance of the company
shares certificate of 3 different banks
receipts of purchase of landed properties not c of o
investment policy receipt from arm investment managers for over 3m

He listed all this to me because of the uk website asking for means for finances and also anything to show he is well established here and will return back.Is this above listed enough or too much and since the funds and investments surpasses what the company account holds (3m)

the thing is he doesnt earn from only this company because he is into other business hustle here(oil tankers) and there so please advice on which steps will be best for him to take.Please advice is needed urgently

Thank you and also at justwise i will send you an email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mbm: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2012
I submitted my application for UK visa renewal since 02/3/2012, but I my status to collect my passport is still my application has been forwarded to British High Commission. Does renewal take this long, please?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
Hi

I wanna get a letter from my employer to the UK Border Agency. Who should the letter be addressed to?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
dappssee:

Hi

I wanna get a letter from my employer to the UK Border Agency. Who should the letter be addressed to?

Thanks

Address the letter to the ECO British high commission Nigeria, you don't need to put the name of the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
oraclefemi:

Hello Nairalanders please i am in dire need of advice for a friend, his step brother who happens to be a uk citizen wants to invite him over for a visit and he has agreed to send the following
His British passport scan page
Letter of invitation
Birth Certificate
Tenancy agreement
Receipt of utility bills such as electricity and water bills , please we are wondering if he should include his bank statement even though my friend is the one sponsoring the trip
Now the major problem is that my friend owns a share in the company(also director) he plans to use as sponsor for the trip and the funds is in a joint account with the other director in the company pls note that the other director is aware of his plans to use funds from the companies joint account. Please how do we go about this ? as a director he doesnt receive pay slips or have any payment in the name of the company paid into his account because they share profits as it comes(transport company) so will we have issues with pay slips?
my friend has the following documents to back his finances
newly opened zenith bank account with 230k in it
gtbank account with 1m in it but over the past 6 months the account has a lot of transactions made in and out of it
mutual benefit policy certificate for 2m
intercontinental account balance for 200k and 1m in fixed deposit
tax clearance of the company
shares certificate of 3 different banks
receipts of purchase of landed properties not c of o
investment policy receipt from arm investment managers for over 3m

He listed all this to me because of the uk website asking for means for finances and also anything to show he is well established here and will return back.Is this above listed enough or too much and since the funds and investments surpasses what the company account holds (3m)

the thing is he doesnt earn from only this company because he is into other business hustle here(oil tankers) and there so please advice on which steps will be best for him to take.Please advice is needed urgently

Thank you and also at justwise i will send you an email

The issue of payslip/ proof of payment from the company may be an issue but he need to explain that in the application form, if he wants to use the joint account with the other directors then he has to get their written consent else its better he leaves that one out.

His step-brother need to add his bank statement/payslip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thanks justwise. Did you an email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oraclefemi(m): 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
justwise please can you help with a sample of how a company sponsorship letter should look like? and also what if he wants to sponsor himself will he need to do a personal tax clearance on himself or use the company clearance being that he is a director and a part owner of the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
oraclefemi:

justwise please can you help with a sample of how a company sponsorship letter should look like? and also what if he wants to sponsor himself will he need to do a personal tax clearance on himself or use the company clearance being that he is a director and a part owner of the company?

Sponsorship for foreign training or study?

If you are sponsoring yourself then the company's tax clearance will do as a director
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
Hello, I was denied a UK visit visa, the ECO as quoted "You stated that u will fund your proposed trip and have submitted your personal bank statements from XX Bank, as evidence of your finances. Your monthly income is equivalent of 950 GBP, the credits and balances in your account is not commensurate with your declared monthly salary. You have not provided evidence of the progin of these cash payments, more so you closing balance is over 4 times your monthly income, I am not satisfied bla bla bla"

I have gone thru my statement closely and I often make withdrawals and deposit from my accounts. First major deposit was in September 2011, We have a small contribution in my office and It was my time to pack (Aje things) I received 180k. The other months I was always paying out my contribution. Secondly the other two lump deposit was a loan that I gave to a college that was being paid back. The first I transfered directly to his account and he transfered back to me while paying, the second I withdrew cash and he paid me back with a cheque. I intend re applying explaining all these.

Please Kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
lankywizar:

Hello, I was denied a UK visit visa, the ECO as quoted "You stated that u will fund your proposed trip and have submitted your personal bank statements from XX Bank, as evidence of your finances. Your monthly income is equivalent of 950 GBP, the credits and balances in your account is not commensurate with your declared monthly salary. You have not provided evidence of the progin of these cash payments, more so you closing balance is over 4 times your monthly income, I am not satisfied bla bla bla"
I have gone thru my statement closely and I often make withdrawals and deposit from my accounts. First major deposit was in September 2011, We have a small contribution in my office and It was my time to pack (Aje things) I received 180k. The other months I was always paying out my contribution. Secondly the other two lump deposit was a loan that I gave to a college that was being paid back. The first I transfered directly to his account and he transfered back to me while paying, the second I withdrew cash and he paid me back with a cheque. I intend re applying explaining all these.

Please Kindly advice.

That shows sign of 'account-building', the record in your bank account doesn't agree with your salary, its that simple, whatever other businesses or sources of incomes you have that wasn't explained in the visa application form will look suspecious.

if you earned £950 a month, your balance most agree with your incoming and out-going, any other source of income must be explained in order not to be mistaken as salary.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thank you Justwise.
Its basicall money that was withdrawn that I paid in back. Would attaching a nothing explaining every lodgement surfice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
lankywizar:

Thank you Justwise.
Its basicall money that was withdrawn that I paid in back. Would attaching a nothing explaining every lodgement surfice?

Well. . . if you presented your salary account and you earns £950 on monthly bases, its pretty easy to calculate how much you should have at the end of the year (pay-in and out taking into consideration) because all will be shown in your account. The money you withdrew will be shown and when it was paid back. So if you have way over the stated salary then the ECO will question the source IF its not explained.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ok, Please give me your advice on what to do. I don"t want to do anything that would jeopardise future applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
lankywizar:

Ok, Please give me your advice on what to do. I don"t want to do anything that would jeopardise future applications.

Re-apply and address those issues raised by the ECO, explain why you have more money in your bank account than you earn through your salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oraclefemi(m): 12:51am On Mar 09, 2012
Justwise thank you so much, he is going to use the company's tax clearance ,what other document does the company need to give him since he is sponsoring himself? he is thinking of having his secretary write an introduction using the company's letter stating that he is a director and he is going on leave and that he would be sponsoring himself ? then also he has huge cash lodgements into his accounts and also withdrawals(oil tankers) but the current balance is around 1m will he have to explain these transactions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2012
Wanted to wrıte Justwıse ın my earllıer post not Vıcjustıce, lol, would be happy ıf u could add ur vıews too lıke Adebyte dıd, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for all your contributions.

I finally got[b] UK Visa for myself, my wife and 3 kids (5 of us) on our first attempt with information gathered from this thread[/b]. I have read everything posted here which guided me toward my application. It all look very simple.

I wish everyone good luck just as mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by J20: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
soft-touch:

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for all your contributions.

I finally got[b] UK Visa for myself, my wife and 3 kids (5 of us) on our first attempt with information gathered from this thread[/b]. I have read everything posted here which guided me toward my application. It all look very simple.

I wish everyone good luck just as mine.

Congratulations!
Indeed this section is very informative.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.