Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980347 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2012
SOTAJ:

1) Letter of Introduction (From my place of work and my wife's stating my boy's name)

2) 6 months payslip (for the 2 of us)

3) Our current visa pages (still valid, 2 years)

4) Statement of account ( the 2 of us)

5) Fixed deposit letters

6) 3 different pictures of the 3 of us

7)Letter of consent

cool Invitation letter /Mortgage/utility

9) Photocopy of his birth certificate (Original sighted by the lady that recieved the package)

I guess the guy did not have any issue with other supporting documents, just that he said he could not establish that we were the real parents. I wonder how else he expected us to proof that (maybe he expected us to enclose DNA result .lol). I did an epistle to the High Commissioner this evening cos i was really pained. I just want to start preparing for the likely outcome pending the response from the high commissioner.

I can understand why you are angry, though you missed your marriage certificate in the list, re-apply with the same set of documents but this time around add your marriage certificate, wedding pictures, family pictures, pictures of your baby e.g. when he was 2 months old, 4 and 6, if those pictures are family picture then good.

I know it sounds silly but sometimes you have to proof beyond every reasonable doubt that the baby is yours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by immigrationguy: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
@justwise can you pls place a comment in regards to my situation , i will be grateful many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 6:09am On Mar 03, 2012
Thanks a million justwise. I think we will just reapply this coming week cos all logistics are already in place for the trip this Easter (infact, i was about to confirm our ticket booking just told the lady to wait till monday). We will include the marriage certificate and even wedding pictures like you advised. we will even include pictures of the naming ceremony and other pictures to corroborate our proof.

I just thought maybe a one or two paragraph response from the high commission (I hope they would reply my mail anyway) would also be nice if I print and also enclose when reapplying or what do you feel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 6:28am On Mar 03, 2012
Thanks a million justwise. I think we will just reapply this coming week cos all logistics are already in place for the trip this Easter (infact, i was about to confirm our ticket booking just told the lady to wait till monday). We will include the marriage certificate and even wedding pictures like you advised. we will even include pictures of the naming ceremony and other pictures to corroborate our proof.

I just thought maybe a one or two paragraph response from the high commission (I hope they would reply my mail anyway) would also be nice if I print and also enclose when reapplying or what do you feel?

Justiwe,

I was just thinking, I hope i get a response to email to the High Commission but if not, should we refer to this initial decision while reapplying next week (iI know there is a column for that) or just be silent?

Then you said we should submit same documents plus the ones not included initially (do we submit the same statements of account too? Considering that it is already over 2 weeks for the initial application)?
Your responses are appreciateed as ever.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by immigrationguy: 6:47am On Mar 03, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

I seek your advise on my situation i traveled to the UK on the 4th of February 2012 but on getting to the point of entry in heathrow i was asked few question relating to my trip. I was asked who i will be staying with which i told the ECO that i will be staying with my sister and the ECO asked if i had other family members in the UK which i said yes and i mention there names and he told me why i didn't mention there name in my application. As such i was informed that my visa will be cancelled becos i didnt state my other family members.

I was issued a NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF LEAVE TO ENTER, it read thus

you were given notice of leave to enter the UK as visitor on 25/5/2011 but i am satisfied that false representation were employed or material facts were not disclosed for purpose of obtaining the leave,or there has been such a change of circumstances in your case since the leave was granted that it should be cancelled. This is because you stated your visa application that you wished to come to the UK to visit your sister and that other than you sister you had no other family in the UK. However it has come to light that you infact have a brother and sister who have resided in the UK for approximately 10years. you have subsequently stated that you were aware at the time of your visa application that your siblings were in UK and indeed that you saw then when you visited the UK 2008

you have not sought entry under any other provision of the immigration rules

I therefore refuse you leave to enter the UK.If you leave was conferred by an entry clearance, this will also have the effect of cancelling your entry clearance. The cancellation of your leave will be treated for the purpose of the immigration Act 1971 and the nationality,immigration and asylum act 2002 as refusal of leave to enter at a time when you were in possession of a current entry clearance.

I boarded the next available flight to Nigeria.

what i need advise in regards is it ok to reapply and put my other family members name in my new application?

Many Thanks
Immigrationguy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2012
@mbm
It is very sad for ur visa to have been cancelled. It is quite unfortunate that you have not maintain what u already written on ur application form. Not giving accurate information is always a prelude to disappointment.it is always advisable to either start with lie and end with lie or start with the truth and end with the truth.
Well not to bother much, I have had client with similar situation. That ur visa was cancelled does not mean u can not be issued with uk visa anymore. I will advised that u give them another 2-3 months before u reapply for uk visa, giving them detailed information. Applying for ur visa now has several implication and it end resort could deterred u from entering the uk. So make ur new
Application either in may or june and I assure you that u will have cause to laugh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2012
SOTAJ:

Justiwe,

I was just thinking, I hope i get a response to email to the High Commission but if not, should we refer to this initial decision while reapplying next week (iI know there is a column for that) or just be silent?

Then you said we should submit same documents plus the ones not included initially (do we submit the same statements of account too? Considering that it is already over 2 weeks for the initial application)?

You may not get a reply from them, even if you do, it will not change the decision of the ECO.

Yes submit the same bank statement as long as the money is still intact.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2012
SOTAJ:

Justiwe,

Doing that can only enhance your chances of getting it this time around, so there is nothing wrong with that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2012
immigrationguy:

@justwise can you pls place a comment in regards to my situation , i will be grateful many thanks

You made a mistake by withholding some info during your application, though what happened to you at POE happens to many people, the question now is where do you go from here. . . .were you given the full right to appeal that decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:19am On Mar 03, 2012
@immigration guy
Sorry I sent a post and mistakenly addressed it to mbn. Can u read the post regarding ur plight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2012
@immigration guy

It is very sad for ur visa to have been cancelled. It is quite unfortunate that you have not maintain what u already written on ur application form. Not giving accurate information is always a prelude to disappointment.it is always advisable to either start with lie and end with lie or start with the truth and end with the truth.
Well not to bother much, I have had client with similar situation. That ur visa was cancelled does not mean u can not be issued with uk visa anymore. I will advised that u give them another 2-3 months before u reapply for uk visa, giving them detailed information. Applying for ur visa now has several implication and it end resort could deterred u from entering the uk. So make ur new
Application either in may or june and I assure you that u will have cause to laugh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:42am On Mar 03, 2012
@sotaj

i am sorry for ur application was refused based on the fact that u did not show enough evidence that the boy was ur. The VO could be right in as much as most of the documents that u submitted were of more significant to u and ur wife.i would have advised that u submit as many pictures as possible of family pictures at different while the boy was growing up. Also i would have expected u to submit documents linking both of u to the boy. such documents range from birth certificate ,marriage certificate,ur birth certificates as well( husband and wife) to any other letter showing ur surname on ur little boy. The decision has been made and it cananm not be rescinded and so do not expect any response from them soon and so i will advised that you reapply for his visa as soon as you can in as much as u can convince the visa officer by documents submitted that both of u are the biological parents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 11:51am On Mar 03, 2012
apart from including our marriage certificates n including marriage/wedding pics is there any other thing i need to do to prove my relationship to my wife, ?, i hv a valid 2yr visa n wish to go 2 uk for the olympics in july - tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
@shittapun
you can as well show evidence of ur marriage to ur wife by submitting any documents relating to both of you like joint account,joint utility bill like water bill electricity bill,etc( address to both of you as mr &mrs S.pictures from marriage ceremony, pictures from any other celebrations, pictures taken with family members etc. All d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hello room,am in my final year,and I was advised that I should appyfor my visa before I'm done with school,cause I wanna go for a 2 weeks visit to my grirlfriend in the uk after school,I want to know if that won't make me face problem at the UK embassy because I will be done with school by the time i will be visiting.and I want to start the processing soon can you please give me details of all the documents I'm going to need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akslym5: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hello.

Could someone please give me some advice in respect of my earlier post. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
billtommy:

@billtommy
Thanks once again for ur enquiry.u r God sent. Firstly, u need a visa to travel to the states. Since u are only going to visit someone,u need a visiting visa for a period of 6 month or 2 years which can be single or multiple entry.before u apply for ur visa,u need to be demostrate that u have strong ties in nigeria
And at the moment,u study is a tie for u in nigeria,so I will advise that u apply for ur visa prior to completing your studies at the university. Also very important is the person whom u r visiting. He/she must be ready to send u a letter of invitation,stating ur relationship to him/her. Along with the invitation letter should be a copy of their passport, either been a permanent resident or citizen. He/ she should also enclose a copy of their statement to portray their financial ability to be
Able to carter for ur stay while visiting. You must also be able to get a letter from your school identifying u as a bonafide student

Hello room,am in my final year,and I was advised that I should appyfor my visa before I'm done with school,cause I wanna go for a 2 weeks visit to my grirlfriend in the uk after school,I want to know if that won't make me face problem at the UK embassy because I will be done with school by the time i will be visiting.and I want to start the processing soon can you please give me details of all the documents I'm going to need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by immigrationguy: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ADEBYTE
Thank so much for your advise it is well appreciated i will do as you as told me. will even give them more time than that.

@justwise
I was a given the full right to appeal but i didn't bother since i was the one at fault , the immigration officer even advised to reapply and he said i had good immigration history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 7:46pm On Mar 03, 2012
@akslym
Why initially did u cancel ur hotel reservation? Looking at the cost compare to the old one, it just a very small margin. U must be ready to cook up a genuine reason on why u changed it because u can not avoid been asked where u would be staying at the port of entry. The EC0 asking u where u would be staying has a record of ur previous hotel right before him.
It is very diasy except u can tell then that u checked with the hotel only to discover that it been cancelled and u had no other option than to book another one.u have to lay more emphasis on the price difference so as to be convince the ECO that there is no hidden rationale for the change
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akslym5: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
Thank you. I didn't like the reviews I read about d hotel on line. Also, I was given a non-smoking twin room which was the only room available at a cheap price. This one is cheaper, close to Wembley Stadium and has a smoking single room. Other than that, I have all my documents and enough money to cover my trip. I had initially booked with B/A to get d visa but I got a return ticket at Arik for just over 123,000.00.fundamentally, my circumstances are still the same, except that I changed my accomodation and flight plans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beezoo: 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pls, my sister is sponsoring me to the uk & she has 400k in her account, I've almost 100k in mine & budget fr the trip is 240k. Hope its ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by patwolex(m): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2012
I want to go to U.K as a tourist, my father is my sponsor, what are the documents I'll need for them to giv me visa? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:34am On Mar 04, 2012
@bez00
This is a very tough one but just be very prayerful. Does ur sister has other financial documents like shares in the form of cscs certificate,fixed deposite documents,or any other financial commitment document? The VO assumm that ur sister can not use all her savivgs to sponsor ur trip and also she would be expected to have other financial obligations.
I would advise that you try to get more money into the account. Inorder not to discourage you, it is a game of luck and who knows, u can get ur visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2012
@patwolex
One very important condition that u must be able to convince the VO that u have a very strong tie here in nigeria which will signifivantly prompt ur return back to nigeria after ur stay in the uk. Most of the time, the ties expected are ur job, family or any other thing which is very paramount to you. What could that tie be in ur own circumstances?do u work? Have u got any family? What tie do u think u have
That will initiate and prompt u back to nigeria? You dad can sponsor u, fine . But what are u contributing towards ur trip? Have u got a personal bank statement with some funds? If ur dad is sponsoring u, u will need the following
His bank statement and evidence of the fund which can be his payslip, business documents etc
Letter from him confirming his intention to sponsor u
Hotel reservation paid for with the receipt or confirmation attached
Evidence of relationship if possible between u and ur dad( birth certificates)
Financial documents like share certificates, fixed deposits etc
Most importantly documents from u as earlier stated above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Mar 04, 2012
beezoo:

Pls, my sister is sponsoring me to the uk & she has  400k in her account, I've almost 100k in mine & budget fr the trip is 240k. Hope its ok?

This is not the news you want to get but i have to say it. . . the chances of you getting a visa is remotely slim.

If you are over 18 yrs of age, no good job or business, no constant source of income in Nigeria, getting a visiting visa will be almost impossible.

Your sister is not financially strong enough to sponsor you and you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2012
Hello room,am in my final year,and I was advised that I should appyfor my visa before I'm done with school,cause I wanna go for a 2 weeks visit to my grirlfriend in the uk after school,I want to know if that won't make me face problem at the UK embassy because I will be done with school by the time i will be visiting.and I want to start the processing soon can you please give me details of all the documents I'm going to need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2012
patwolex:

I want to go to U.K as a tourist, my father is my sponsor, what are the documents I'll need for them to giv me visa? Thanks

Do you work or own business in Nigeria? Is your daddy self-employed or how financially strong is your daddy?

To be brutally honest with you, if you are an adult of employment and marriage age, getting a visiting visa by being sponsored by any family member will be difficult. You will find it difficult to convince the ECO that you will be coming back to Nigeria if given a visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Mar 04, 2012
billtommy:

Hello room,am in my final year,and I was advised that I should appyfor my visa before I'm done with school,cause I wanna go for a 2 weeks visit to my grirlfriend in the uk after school,I want to know if that won't make me face problem at the UK embassy because I will be done with school by the time i will be visiting.and I want to start the processing soon can you please give me details of all the documents I'm going to need

Who will be sponsoring the trip, you or your gf?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2012
justwise:

Who will be sponsoring the trip, you or your gf?
im still contemplating,it could be my girlfrend or an uncle here in nigeria,but the problem is my girl said she doesnt have much,but her friend will definately help.what do you advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:10am On Mar 04, 2012
billtommy:

im still contemplating,it could be my girlfrend or an uncle here in nigeria,but the problem is my girl said she doesnt have much,but her friend will definately help.what do you advise?

You will find it difficult to get UK visiting visa in your situation.

The question is. . . . how can you afford to visit your gf in the UK when you don' have any source of income? How can your gf's friend commit her own money for you to visit your gf? How important is that visit that others have to pay for it?.

My advice to you is to wait until you graduate and get a job else the picture doesn't look good at the moment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2012
justwise:

You will find it difficult to get UK visiting visa in your situation.

The question is. . . . how can you afford to visit your gf in the UK when you don' have any source of income? How can your gf's friend commit her own money for you to visit your gf? How important is that visit that others have to pay for it?.

My advice to you is to wait until you graduate and get a job else the picture doesn't look good at the moment.

Pls are you on any instant messanger,so I can be able to explain better what the situation is?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2012
billtommy:

Pls are you on any instant messanger,so I can be able to explain better what the situation is?

You can send an email, i hardly log on to msn chat

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.