Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980437 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2012
prinz90:

Hello house, my Aunt got a 6 months family visit visa to visit her son in the Uk. The visa will expire next month. on her application form, she said she ll spend 1month with her son basf in the UK but she has spent 4months and is returning home in 2weeks time. My questions are 1) she said she was visiting for 1month but stayed 4months, will that affect her future application in anyway? 2) last time i checked, UK does not stamp your passport when you leave the UK, how do they know when one leaves and the duration of the visitor's visit? 3) someone adviced that on arrival of my aunt back to Nigeria, she should find a way to back date the arrival stamp on her passport, what is the implication of doing this when she reapply? Thank you. Pls Justwise and other people in the house, i want to know how best she should handle this situation,your opinion is needed. Cheers

Whatever you do avoid the bolded part by all means.

She did not over stayed her visa, she will only need to explain why she stayed 4months and not a month as indicated IF asked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prinz90(m): 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ justwise, thanks bro. Point noted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beezoo: 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
Pls i want to apply fr visiting, my sis is sponsoring me cos my salary isn't up to 100k bt ivnt bn able to get invitation letter & am scared of using hotel reservation? Iv bn gvn 2weeks leave @ work whch strts on april 2nd. Pls advice needed & wats duration wl it take my visa to b ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
@bezoo
It is all about luck and I don't want entertain any fear but just pray about it. The only option you have is hotel reservation. Get ur hotel reservation done at www.booking.com, get the email confirmation and submit this along with your documentation. Also u need to get a letter from ur employer stating that u r
On holiday for these two weekings and that u r due to be back to work on so so date. You must also include ur personal bank statement as well as ur sister's since she is the one sponsoring you. She must also write a letter of intent.prior to and after u have submitted, always call the hotel to ratify that u booking is still intact.
I guess that u will be fine and hope u enjoy ur holiday in uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beezoo: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2012
Tnks Adegbyte
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by talk2dekky(f): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Please I need some information. My 6 months Family Visit Visa will expire around May. I would like to apply for another one probably like a week prior to when it ends, is it too soon to apply for two years or should I just apply for 6 months again? Secondly Do I need a new Invitation(My uncle is sending me new bank statements and all other documents but he is not sure if it is necessary to include the invitation again).

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
@talk2deky
Definitely YES. U need another invitation. It is virtually the same procedure. Go for your two yrs visa provide u can afford the visa fee. I guess that u should be fine applying for ur visa as at when the present one expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by talk2dekky(f): 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
ADEBYTE:

@talk2deky
Definitely YES. U need another invitation. It is virtually the same procedure. Go for your two yrs visa provide u can afford the visa fee. I guess that u should be fine applying for ur visa as at when the present one expires

Thanks a lot.smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by patwolex(m): 10:46am On Feb 28, 2012
Pls,is it possible for someone to get a U.K visa without any invitation letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2012
@patwolex.
YES it is possible. In such case,it is best applying for a torist visa in which you will need an hotel reservation in uk.inorder words, u r applying to visit the uk for tourism, usually sight seeing. U got to do ur make list of where u would be visitin and some reasons why u r visiting such places should u be asked such a question at the port of entry.u must also be financial strong and working.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
Please does any one knw when I would get my Business Visitor visa for 6 months? I have an interview in Uk for March 5 and up till this moment, i have not heard from them. I did the application on the 20th in VFS lekki. I was thinking it was going to be 5 working days. All my docs are intact? what can I do cos the time is getting closer. Please any with suggestion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
@simplesoul
I would advised that u wait till around the 2nd and if don't hear from them , then there should be a number through which you can contact them stating all ur profile information to enquier about the status of your application.
All d best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dara216(f): 12:18am On Feb 29, 2012
HI Nlers,i need to thank justwise,choose4me,kennybuda , adebyte and others that make visa application feel like a breeze here in d travel section of nairaland.i have gotten 2 6 months uk visa,the first in 2007 and the second in 2008.i intend to apply for a uk visa nw wt my new e-passport,my question is
1.whats d letter for my university here in Nigeria going to say?(mind u that this is my first time apply for home ).
2.shld i apply for 6 months or 2yrs?(whc is safer?).
3.my uncle will b sponsoring the trip wt deeds to his house,bank statements for 6 months,copy of his ILR/british passport etc,does he have to include my passport number in d invitation letter?
4.i have an aunt and a cousin living in the uk, haven't seen them in years,should i also included their names in the application as family living in the uk?.
5.how do i book a date? and approximately how long does it take to process the visa?.intend to travel by end of July beginning of august, when is the best time to apply?.
thanks in advance,people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dara216(f): 12:20am On Feb 29, 2012
what ever mistakes u see,blame it on the keyboard, ok?, lmao, nite nite,people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:50am On Feb 29, 2012
@dara216
Thank God the visas. Well to start with the first one. Get ur new passport and if u still have the old one, pls kindly attach it. Since u r getting a letter from the university, that is a very good one to demostrate ur tie here in nigeria. The letter should be a letter of studenship at ur university. It should state ur name and other vital information like ur department and course as well as ur current level. Inorder words, the letter should confirm that
U r a bonafide student of the university. Ur uncle should kindly include ur passport number in his letter of invitation to you to ease ur identification. U can always apply for a 2yrs provided that u can afford the visa fee.I will also advise that u apply 6 weeks before ur intended date of travel. I wish u luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dara216(f): 10:23am On Feb 29, 2012
Thanks,adebyte, this might sound like a dumb question but where do I go to get d letter frm school? , I have asked around my dept and no-one seems to hv an idea of wht am talking abt, nt even d H.O.D, I tire ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 11:23am On Feb 29, 2012
[/quote]
Simplesoul:

Please does any one knw when I would get my Business Visitor visa for 6 months? I have an interview in Uk for March 5 and up till this moment, i have not heard from them. I did the application on the 20th in VFS lekki. I was thinking it was going to be 5 working days. All my docs are intact? what can I do cos the time is getting closer. Please any with suggestion

[quote author=ADEBYTE link=topic=823855.msg10293907#msg10293907 date=1330452808]
@simplesoul
I would advised that u wait till around the 2nd and if don't hear from them , then there should be a number through which you can contact them stating all ur profile information to enquier about the status of your application.
All d best.

Thanks Adebyte: I would be positive but the gambling is much cos my trip is for 5th and both the ticket and the hotek has been gotten by the company. is there any influence the company can do to the Uk border Agency?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
@simplesoul
Yes. Very much the company can do. U can contact the company and ask them to contact the embassy in nigeria. They can call them or write and fax to them. I believe this would work for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Dara216:

Thanks,adebyte, this might sound like a dumb question but where do I go to get d letter frm school? , I have asked around my dept and no-one seems to hv an idea of wht am talking abt, nt even d H.O.D, I tire ooooo

You need a letter from your school that will contain info such as, your course name, the length of the course(start and end date) , the stage you are now. You also need your progress report (previous results will do).

All in school letter head, signed and stamped by the school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by patwolex(m): 6:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
Hi, pls I want to visit U.K as a tourist, what are the documents I need to get to be assured of the Visa? Pls enlighten me, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2012
Oh God, Pls help me, I am still expecting a response for my Business visit Visa, its 9 days now? Have been on VFS site, status still remains the same, What can I do, Have to be in UK on Monday undecided angry cry

Do they fast track visa applications?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2012
Simplesoul:

Oh God, Pls help me, I am still expecting a response for my Business visit Visa, its 9 days now? Have been on VFS site, status still remains the same, What can I do, Have to be in UK on Monday undecided angry cry

Do they fast track visa applications?

Call/email them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akslym5: 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hi.

I have been granted a UK Visa. At the time I applied for the visa, i used a hotel accommodation which i have since canceled. I hope this won't be a problem at the UK Border upon entry. I have booked a cheaper hotel (though not by much. The first booking was for a twin room, non smoking at 391 pounds while this new one is a single smoking room at 361 pounds) and I have the booking form with me. I am going for a legal conference and I have all the necessary registration documents. I am staying for 7 days. I have enough money to cover all my expenses but I have heard the Brits could be crazy sometimes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Simplesoul(f): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
Just
justwise:

Call/email them.

@justwise: I just got an email response from them after several calls and emails saying that my Application is at the verification stage in the BDHC. What does that mean? how long can that be?

I need grace
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
@simple soul
Just as I had earlier advised that you wait till the 2nd. I was very happy that u contact them already and was told that the visa was at the vefification stage at BDHC. In most cases VFS route application through BDHCT british deputy high commission) which issue visa on the same day.
The grace is of GOd is sufficient and shall abound on u at this crucial time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mmo1: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hello nairalanders, Please i applied for 6 months Uk tourist visa on the 13th of feb. 2012 at the VFS office Ikeja, and till now(14 working days) i have not gotten any reply. pls Advise me no what to do thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
Simplesoul:

Just
@justwise: I just got an email response from them after several calls and emails saying that my Application is at the verification stage in the BDHC. What does that mean? how long can that be?

I need grace

They are verifying the documents you submitted, its a normal process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mbm: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2012
Hi,
I just submitted my application for tourism visa renewal today with the following docs.
hotel reservation 4 10 days
annual letter
pay slip
statement of account that show about 670,000 k
cscs account.

I pray I succeed. make una pray 4 me oooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by immigrationguy: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

I seek your advise on my situation i traveled to the UK on the 4th of February 2012 but on getting to the point of entry in heathrow i was asked few question relating to my trip. I was asked who i will be staying with which i told the ECO that i will be staying with my sister and the ECO asked if i had other family members in the UK which i said yes and i mention there names and he told me why i didn't mention there name in my application. As such i was informed that my visa will be cancelled becos i didnt state my other family members.

I was issued a NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF LEAVE TO ENTER, it read thus

you were given notice of leave to enter the UK as visitor on 25/5/2011 but i am satisfied that false representation were employed or material facts were not disclosed for purpose of obtaining the leave,or there has been such a change of circumstances in your case since the leave was granted that it should be cancelled. This is because you stated your visa application that you wished to come to the UK to visit your sister and that other than you sister you had no other family in the UK. However it has come to light that you infact have a brother and sister who have resided in the UK for approximately 10years. you have subsequently stated that you were aware at the time of your visa application that your siblings were in UK and indeed that you saw then when you visited the UK 2008

you have not sought entry under any other provision of the immigration rules

I therefore refuse you leave to enter the UK.If you leave was conferred by an entry clearance, this will also have the effect of cancelling your entry clearance. The cancellation of your leave will be treated for the purpose of the immigration Act 1971 and the nationality,immigration and asylum act 2002 as refusal of leave to enter at a time when you were in possession of a current entry clearance.

I boarded the next available flight to Nigeria.

All your advise are welcome

Many Thanks
Immigrationguy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
Quote from: SOTAJ on January 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hello All,

I'd like to use this medium to really commend everybody that has contributed to shedding light on peoples' dark areas on this forum. You guys are really doing great and I'd appreciate if some light is shed on an issue for me as well.

My wife intends to spend her vacation in the UK with our 6 month old boy come April.

The issue here is that both my wife and I have valid visas to the Uk having been there on vacation couple of times, but my boy doesn't.

My question now is, what documents will be required for his own visa application and how do we go about it (ie} can we apply for him alone as an individual?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

We submitted the application for my boy's visa last week and got a response that the decision was ready, but on getting the parcel today, my boy was refused based on a dummy conclusion by the entry calrance officer that they could not establish the relationship between us and our son even after enclosing all the necessary documents in the application. A photocopy of the birth certificate was also enclosed.
Although I have already written the High Commissioner from my office this evening, Please what do you think should be done next (reapply)?

Justwise you inputb is needed here please, other advices are welcome please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
SOTAJ:

Quote from: SOTAJ on January 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hello All,

I'd like to use this medium to really commend everybody that has contributed to shedding light on peoples' dark areas on this forum. You guys are really doing great and I'd appreciate if some light is shed on an issue for me as well.

My wife intends to spend her vacation in the UK with our 6 month old boy come April.

The issue here is that both my wife and I have valid visas to the Uk having been there on vacation couple of times, but my boy doesn't.

My question now is, what documents will be required for his own visa application and how do we go about it (ie} can we apply for him alone as an individual?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

We submitted the application for my boy's visa last week and got a response that the decision was ready, but on getting the parcel today, my boy was refused based on a dummy conclusion by the entry calrance officer that they could not establish the relationship between us and our son even after enclosing all the necessary documents in the application. A photocopy of the birth certificate was also enclosed.
Although I have already written the High Commissioner from my office this evening, Please what do you think should be done next (reapply)?

Justwise you inputb is needed here please, other advices are welcome please

Can you list the documents you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
1) Letter of Introduction (From my place of work and my wife's stating my boy's name)

2) 6 months payslip (for the 2 of us)

3) Our current visa pages (still valid, 2 years)

4) Statement of account ( the 2 of us)

5) Fixed deposit letters

6) 3 different pictures of the 3 of us

7)Letter of consent

cool Invitation letter /Mortgage/utility

9) Photocopy of his birth certificate (Original sighted by the lady that recieved the package)

I guess the guy did not have any issue with other supporting documents, just that he said he could not establish that we were the real parents. I wonder how else he expected us to proof that (maybe he expected us to enclose DNA result .lol). I did an epistle to the High Commissioner this evening cos i was really pained. I just want to start preparing for the likely outcome pending the response from the high commissioner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.