Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983467 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sir P!:
@donxavier depends on how soon you wanna use the visa cos youll be given 3months or so, so if you do it here and dont use it you waste the money
thanks man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^ Safe bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
@donxavier I just learnt that wakanow does the dubai visa, so when you get to the uk you can always get it done through them online.
If I may ask are you going to dubai for just shopping or sightseeing , tours e.t.c ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 31, 2012
Sir P!:
@donxavier I just learnt that wakanow does the dubai visa, so when you get to the uk you can always get it done through them online.
If I may ask are you going to dubai for just shopping or sightseeing , tours e.t.c ?

Na tour my bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2012
@donxavier okay cos if its purely personal shopping, dubai malls are expensive.
All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2012
[b][/b]
Thank for the info, I understand from what you said that it is not a must that I have to include her details. Please correct me if am wrong. What if am ask the purpose of my visit, how do I go about it. Thanks a lot, I do appreciate.
@ strangbest, no one will ask you the purpose of your visit.-your current reason is VACATION.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2012
naiko: [b][/b] @ strangbest, no one will ask you the purpose of your visit.-your current reason is VACATION.
I have to disagree with this post because, that is the most frequent question that immigration officers like to ask anyone who they wish to question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2012
@vicjustice, well i always know that you have the best advise, please do offer it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinapame(f): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Vicjustice. Thank you very much for your response. First, it is not the previous person that invited me, the previous person intends relocating back to Nigeria soonest,he is in London, also the person inviting me second time is also in London. Secondly, Yes i was granted multiple entry visa for 6 months and i traveled for three weeks and came back, I am a government worker with one of the federal institutions and have all my documents ready. Thirdly, I am going on my annual leave in September which i had to spread within the year and that is the same purpose that i traveled for in March this year. If my answers to you are okay kindly get back to me here thank you very much.

No, it is not compulsory, but some factors may be taken into consideration whether negative or positive.
When was it that the previous person invited you?
Was the visa approved or refused?
For what purpose were you previously invited?
Is it the same purpose that the new person is inviting you?
Is the new person living in same city as your previous host?
Know that is will be a disadvantage for the visa officer to understand that the person who previously invited you is no longer in the UK especially during the period that is supposed to be the validity of your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
tinapame: @Vicjustice. Thank you very much for your response. First, it is not the previous person that invited me, the previous person intends relocating back to Nigeria soonest,he is in London, also the person inviting me second time is also in London. Secondly, Yes i was granted multiple entry visa for 6 months and i traveled for three weeks and came back, I am a government worker with one of the federal institutions and have all my documents ready. Thirdly, I am going on my annual leave in September which i had to spread within the year and that is the same purpose that i traveled for in March this year. If my answers to you are okay kindly get back to me here thank you very much.
From your explanations, it looks good for you, I don't see why your application will not be approved. There would be no problem if a different person invites you, the ECO can definitely see that you're not an immigration risk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
Vicjustice:
From your explanations, it looks good for you, I don't see why your application will not be approved. There would be no problem if a different person invites you, the ECO can definitely see that you're not an immigration risk.

@Vicjustice,just out of curiosity...wouldn't they question the that she concealed the fact that she has a relative other than the one that invited her somewhere in London at the point of her initial application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by luckyusa: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
An honest story, in jan 2004 i applied for a ukvisa with a different name and date of birth but i was refused because of the money in the bank account so again in December 2004 i applied again with another passport name and date of birth but l was refused because based on the visa officer they requested for more document from the person i claim to be my uncle to prove our relationship and that he has a proper accommodation for me to stay and i was given a right to appeal the decision or reapply providing the needed document but l refuse to appeal or reapply because i do not even know the person that l claim to be my uncle so it was impossible to get more document from the guy that sold them to me and this happen before the finger uk visa application policy
But in 2010 after staying in Nigeria and completed my degree program i got a scholarship to study in the usa and apply for a new passport with my real identity and date of birth and l applied for a usa student visa, l got the visa and travel to the usa and am currently studying in the usa as a scholarship student but my problem is now ,my university is organizing a tour program for master program student in my group to London and l have to apply for a ukvisa but l want to confirm if the uk embassy can detect my pervious application on the different name and date of birth
Am confused because my previous multi application was not detected or refused because of different identity in 2004 but insufficient documentation and lack of fund
l know l was mislead to getting all those multi passport on different names because when l apply with my real identity and true date of birth for the usa visa in 2010 and l attended the interview was granted the usa student visa with the visa office asking only 3 question and my solid advice to fellow Nigerians is that do not use fake document or stolen identity to apply for visa .this will have great negative impact in the future ... felt sad and depressed now because of great error of the past ..l need advice on what to do and please note l have never given my finger print at any uk visa centre in the past ..no matter your advice am still in the position to thank God that l stayed in Nigeria to complete my bachelor degree because my friend did the same stuff in 2004 and got the ukvisa on the third attempt with a different name but two month ago after 8 years he was arrested working in the uk without proper document and was deported back to Nigeria .he is now in Lagos with no bachelor degree ..l pray GOD show us the truth in life and we never make this ugly mistake resulting in a regretted life ......thank you and you honest advice will be appreciated.

@Vicjustice,just out of curiosity...wouldn't they question the that she concealed the fact that she has a relative other than the one that invited her somewhere in London at the point of her initial application? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
luckyusa: An honest story, in jan 2004 i applied for a ukvisa with a different name and date of birth but i was refused because of the money in the bank account so again in December 2004 i applied again with another passport name and date of birth but l was refused because based on the visa officer they requested for more document from the person i claim to be my uncle to prove our relationship and that he has a proper accommodation for me to stay and i was given a right to appeal the decision or reapply providing the needed document but l refuse to appeal or reapply because i do not even know the person that l claim to be my uncle so it was impossible to get more document from the guy that sold them to me and this happen before the finger uk visa application policy
But in 2010 after staying in Nigeria and completed my degree program i got a scholarship to study in the usa and apply for a new passport with my real identity and date of birth and l applied for a usa student visa, l got the visa and travel to the usa and am currently studying in the usa as a scholarship student but my problem is now ,my university is organizing a tour program for master program student in my group to London and l have to apply for a ukvisa but l want to confirm if the uk embassy can detect my pervious application on the different name and date of birth
Am confused because my previous multi application was not detected or refused because of different identity in 2004 but insufficient documentation and lack of fund
l know l was mislead to getting all those multi passport on different names because when l apply with my real identity and true date of birth for the usa visa in 2010 and l attended the interview was granted the usa student visa with the visa office asking only 3 question and my solid advice to fellow Nigerians is that do not use fake document or stolen identity to apply for visa .this will have great negative impact in the future ... felt sad and depressed now because of great error of the past ..l need advice on what to do and please note l have never given my finger print at any uk visa centre in the past ..no matter your advice am still in the position to thank God that l stayed in Nigeria to complete my bachelor degree because my friend did the same stuff in 2004 and got the ukvisa on the third attempt with a different name but two month ago after 8 years he was arrested working in the uk without proper document and was deported back to Nigeria .he is now in Lagos with no bachelor degree ..l pray GOD show us the truth in life and we never make this ugly mistake resulting in a regretted life ......thank you and you honest advice will be appreciated.
It would take only a confession from you for the UK authority to know that you were the same person: it would be impossible for them to find you out since your finger prints were not taken, and the names plus dates of birth that you gave them was false.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
solomonwis:

@Vicjustice,just out of curiosity...wouldn't they question the that she concealed the fact that she has a relative other than the one that invited her somewhere in London at the point of her initial application?
I got what you mean. But the options are hers to either state that she has a relative in the UK or not; there would be no problem if she chooses to undisclosed this (as long as they don't know about it), and if she chooses to disclosed it, she is not limited to family invitation only nor is she obliged to stay with the relative, she has every right to chose whoever she wishes to stay with and where...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by strangest(m): 11:28am On Aug 01, 2012
Vicjustice: I have to disagree with this post because, that is the most frequent question that immigration officers like to ask anyone who they wish to question
Vicjustice:

Please can you advise me from your own perspective, I ll very much appreciate that. Thank you

[quote author=naiko][b][/b] @ strangbest, no one will ask you the purpose of your visit.-your current reason is VACATION.

Thanks for the info, bro. I do appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2012
i want to sponsor my wife for a visa application, we just got married...so its her maiden name that is on her acct and intl passport...........can i just present our mmarriage cert or do i hv to do a name change in court/newspapers?....if yes..could anybody give me the link of a good newpaper/steps how to contact the newspapers......prefarabbly some1 who has done a name change b4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ij564: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
Hello vicjustice, i summited my uk visa application at abuja on the d 7th of june, and i'v nt heard anything 4rm d embasy except the message i recieved dat sam day i summitd dat my app has bin 4waded to d british high comision. My husband works at the home office(ukba) nd is a british citizen thou a nigerian, pls am worried do u think thrs a problem wit my app since i'v nt recievd any message nd anytym i tried to track it i kip geting an invalid search ans, pls advice me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ij564: Hello vicjustice, i summited my uk visa application at abuja on the d 7th of june, and i'v nt heard anything 4rm d embasy except the message i recieved dat sam day i summitd dat my app has bin 4waded to d british high comision. My husband works at the home office(ukba) nd is a british citizen thou a nigerian, pls am worried do u think thrs a problem wit my app since i'v nt recievd any message nd anytym i tried to track it i kip geting an invalid search ans, pls advice me
Well, I don't think there is anyone more appropriate to address this query than your own Husband who is an insider with the Home Office.
But no need to worry, everything seems well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
shithapuns: i want to sponsor my wife for a visa application, we just got married...so its her maiden name that is on her acct and intl passport...........can i just present our mmarriage cert or do i hv to do a name change in court/newspapers?....if yes..could anybody give me the link of a good newpaper/steps how to contact the newspapers......prefarabbly some1 who has done a name change b4

pls help o..vicjustice n co
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

Nothing to loose, you got good immigration record, your kid is British, all you have to do is to follow the same step as you have done previously.

Thanks justwise,i got my visa today. *whew*. God bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
shithapuns: i want to sponsor my wife for a visa application, we just got married...so its her maiden name that is on her acct and intl passport...........can i just present our mmarriage cert or do i hv to do a name change in court/newspapers?....if yes..could anybody give me the link of a good newpaper/steps how to contact the newspapers......prefarabbly some1 who has done a name change b4

pls help o..vicjustice n co
Change of sur-name (on marital ground) is not a thing of necessity in western cultures, but in Nigeria, it is something extremely important, and Visa Officers know this.
I suggest you get that sorted, this is extremely important because, I can't see how a visa officer will find it credible in that an African woman does not bear her husband's surname.
I'm not in Nigeria, I'm not the right person to suggest any newspaper or something like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2012
Vicjustice:
Change of sur-name (on marital ground) is not a thing of necessity in western cultures, but in Nigeria, it is something extremely important, and Visa Officers know this.
I suggest you get that sorted, this is extremely important because, I can't see how a visa officer will find it credible in that an African woman does not bear her husband's surname.
I'm not in Nigeria, I'm not the right person to suggest any newspaper or something like that

present the original documents and also the marraige certificate.
also explain in the free space that you do not want an identity crises and as such you will use the maiden name for your visa applications till the passport expires.
you can do an affidavit with a notary public or a popular lawyer.
try guardian newspapers or tribune for your change of name.
in the change of name,include the british high commision and the UKBA as part of your correspondencies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2012
i have a friend who i wish to help with the visa renewal.she has an indefinitive leave to remain in italy.she is a business woman with registered business also in napoli italy.has been to britain several times.the last visa -a one year was not used.lapsed march 2011.she has since returned to nigeria since last year and has continued her business.the business in nigeria is not registered.business is registered in italy,has been to most EU countries.
she is 42.,unmarried ,has a son.used an invitation letter for her previous travels to UK.she does not have much in her bank account.has like 350k.she wants to renew the UK visa.
the non use should not be a disadavantage ,will it?
should the cousin send another invitation again?
the cousin is a british citizen.
is the amount in the account enough.we also plan to add the italain banks statement of account and credit card details.

we want to avoid the use of visa agents so we need advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ij564: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Praise God!, am so hapy 2day. I summitd my application on d 7th of june, i evn seeked for advice 4rm vicjustice jst 2 days ago here on ds forum, bt as God wil hav it, i was calld by d courier service ds morning 2 com nd collect my passprt, nd guess wat?, i hav bin grantd visa to join my husband witout any interview or evn txt message. Pls help me to thank God for Hs divine intervention, thnk u also 2 Vicjustice for hs candid advice nd encouragemt on ds forum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Very glad to hear that. Thanks for sharing your testimony kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paramajit: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
Have been so busy that I haven't even summited my application but I will be doing so next week.
I already filled my form just that the area of my NI I filled the ni number but was asked why I applied for the N.I (during my previous visit as student) which am thinking of an appropriate reasons to give even though I only worked with the N.I for a week during sch hols.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paramajit: 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
@vicjustice n nairalanders...how is ur weekend going.

Have been so busy that I haven't even summited my application but I will be doing so next week.
I already filled my form just that the area of my NI I filled the ni number but was asked why I applied for the N.I (during my previous visit 2 UK as student) which am thinking of an appropriate reasons to give even since ii believe my uncle sponsored me and applying for NI won't it mean anything though I only worked with the N.I for a week during sch hols.

Pls gurus in d house help on this.what do Ʊ think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
paramajit: @vicjustice n nairalanders...how is ur weekend going.

I already filled my form just that the area of my NI I filled the ni number but was asked why I applied for the N.I (during my previous visit 2 UK as student) which am thinking of an appropriate reasons to give even since ii believe my uncle sponsored me and applying for NI won't it mean anything though I only worked with the N.I for a week during sch hols.

Pls gurus in d house help on this.what do Ʊ think
During your study periods, were you not entitled to a 20 hours per week work?
If so, could you have worked without the NI?
If no, wouldn't that explain why you applied for the NI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by erico2k2(m): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
good day guys,I wanna seek advice for a friend of mine, I'm inviting them to the UK the only support I'm rendering is accommodation, they are buying their own flight ticket, this person own their own Biz and have a valid tax clearance, more than 1.5 Million goes fru the Bizz account monthly, could someone plz enlighten more what they need to provide and what I need to provide as I have not done this before thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hey guys hope u hvnt 4gotten me grin
Remember I'm saving up for my holiday in Nov and I wanted to know wud it be a prob if I invest the money(in treasury bills) before I use it in Nov I hope it won't be a problem when I present the statement @ d embassy and they see I invested for 30 days undecided

Thanks for your swift response kiss cos I'm losing interst grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Darkmark(m): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pls oh, Guys has any one had of τ̲̅ђe UKBA refusing a visa after 3weeks of processing of visa? I mean what's τ̲̅ђe probability of refusing a visa after 3weeks of processing of one document, pls i want to know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
teejay_GO01: Hey guys hope u hvnt 4gotten me grin
Remember I'm saving up for my holiday in Nov and I wanted to know wud it be a prob if I invest the money(in treasury bills) before I use it in Nov I hope it won't be a problem when I present the statement @ d embassy and they see I invested for 30 days undecided

Thanks for your swift response kiss cos I'm losing interst grin
Does this mean you come here only when you have issue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.