Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983483 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by strangest(m): 10:26am On Jul 28, 2012
Good day all, please I do need your advise on this case of mine. I met a lady on the internet that stays in Birmingham and we have been chatting for a long time now. On many occasions, I have invited her to come to Nigeria but she has declined the offer mainly because of her job but instead she keep insisting that I come to England. Seriously, I am having doubts in my mind about going to England but I told her that I will first have to make inquiry to know what it entails. At the moment am an IT Technician and I own a registered company here in Nigeria that is working for another south african company. I have a little above 1million naira in my own personal account. The money was deposited as a lump sum around 2010. Money still enters the account but in little amount and not consistency like a monthly salary. I am going to stay in her apartment during the time of my visit and will definitely be coming to Nigeria before my visa expires. Please advise on my chances of getting a visiting visa, how to apply, required documents and how to go about everything. Thanks a million for your anticipated reply. Best regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tociano009(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service...pls how will i get my passport back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
tociano009: Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service...pls how will i get my passport back

Were you leaving or entry this country when it was stamped?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
strangest: Good day all, please I do need your advise on this case of mine. I met a lady on the internet that stays in Birmingham and we have been chatting for a long time now. On many occasions, I have invited her to come to Nigeria but she has declined the offer mainly because of her job but instead she keep insisting that I come to England. Seriously, I am having doubts in my mind about going to England but I told her that I will first have to make inquiry to know what it entails. At the moment am an IT Technician and I own a registered company here in Nigeria that is working for another south african company. I have a little above 1million naira in my own personal account. The money was deposited as a lump sum around 2010. Money still enters the account but in little amount and not consistency like a monthly salary. I am going to stay in her apartment during the time of my visit and will definitely be coming to Nigeria before my visa expires. Please advise on my chances of getting a visiting visa, how to apply, required documents and how to go about everything. Thanks a million for your anticipated reply. Best regards

Is the lady sending you any document?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by silversheep: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
mr justwise,i need a response pls.i want to know what my chances are
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by strangest(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
justwise:

Is the lady sending you any document?

Yes she is ready to do anything to get me to Birmingham. Though like I stated in my previous message that as a novice I need to know the exact documents that I need and also applicable costs that will be involved. I must also admit that I have read somewhere in this thread about tenancy agreement. Thanks a lot. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
tociano009: Hello nairalander please help me out,,i got my document today at uk application center, but my passport was retain, they say that a stamp there is a counterfeit and is not true, i stamped it at seme boarder by nigerian immigration, what will i do because they say dat my passport will be forwarded to Nigerian immigration service...pls how will i get my passport back
But how does anyone know a fake stamp in a Nigerian passport, or does it have reference number or code?
Well, you are in a very serious trouble, you face a 10 years ban if the stamp is judged to be fake with fraudulent intention: you might need a letter of authentication from Nigerian Immigration authority, that might help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice]
Immigration officers can ask any question from "how much money you have on you" to "why have you chosen to travel to the UK". They can even ask you why "why have you travelled this day" or whatever. I bear witness that some travellers are detained in the "Holding Room" while the Immigration Officers make numerous phone calls to their contacts or hotels just to verify their accommodation arrangement.
The fact that you were not asked does not mean that there are not more of other people who were asked, You better be prepared for any question next time
[/quo

thats strange.......anyway i have complied.
it was only in JFK that i was asked how much i have for the trip.i answered 2000$ and he quickly said i should not bring it out.
these statements do not come up at heathrow.i will be going to london,manchester,liverpool and plymouth.am i expected to book hotels in all this places
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:01am On Jul 29, 2012
ayobj: thats strange.......anyway i have complied.
it was only in JFK that i was asked how much i have for the trip.i answered 2000$ and he quickly said i should not bring it out.
these statements do not come up at heathrow.i will be going to london,manchester,liverpool and plymouth.am i expected to book hotels in all this places
If it came up in JFK, then what makes you think it won't come up in Heathrow?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:43am On Jul 29, 2012
silversheep: top of the morning to all naira landers wink,u guys are doing a marvelous job here.i am about re applying for tourist visa,i have all the documents i used last year when i was granted 6 months entry.im planning to apply for 2 years this time around with my husband as my sponsor.i want to know how safe it is to apply with my 2 year old son being his first time(he will be applying for 6 months)
You can't be issued a visa while your 2 years own son is refused, and he can't be issued a visa while you are refused, so, he is as "safe" as you are safe and you are as safe as he is safe.

silversheep: and also currently i am undergoing my mandatory nysc,i want to know if that wont be a problem since corpers are not meant to travel during there nysc year.
This might be a problem, the embassy is aware of the terms and conditions as well as the mode of conduct and operation of the NYSC, therefore, they know of the illegitimacy of your visa application.

silversheep: altho i already have a letter from my employer(the proprietor of the primary school where im serving)stating her consent and that the school is on vacation.
I suppose the letter is original, but make sure this claim of vacation is true and nothing but the truth or else, you may face a 10 years ban if the embassy found that the content of the letter is not true

silversheep: lastly,my husbands statement has a lil over a million naira in his account but its barely 3 months that he re activated the account,will the money cover for me and my son?.what are my chances pls,ur advice will be much appreciated pls.i wish everyone a great weekend.
As long as there is no Money Lodgement involved, there is no problem if the fund has stayed in isolation for 3 months: this obviously shows that the money has been readily available.
Now, on the basis of your previous issuance and its terms and conditions that you have observed, i would like to give you a 60 percent chance because, you may be refused if the visa officer gives a deep thought on your husband's bank statement considering that your son is 2 years old, therefore, he is entitled for an individual seat in the airplane, so, you would be paying for a full ticket for him (same price as an adult) howbeit, without the tax. Now, if you remove the visa fee, the ticket fee, lodging/accommodation costs and the cost of maintenance in Expensive UK etc, how much would be left of the one million Naira, why would he spend so much of his life savings just to send you on holiday?
This is how the Visa Officer sees it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by silversheep: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
thanks vicjustice for your response.my sister had her nysc last year and she filled it in the form during her application,she also dropped the original and photocopy of her nysc id card in the submission bag at the embassy.she did not even include letter of consent/permission to travel from her employer and her visa was granted.i know luck/favor runs with visa applications,i dont know if i can do the same too.on the issue of account,the amount in the account is 1.2 million naira to be precise and im planning to write in the form that 3000 pounds is available to us for the trip which is about 750k.i just dont want to get refused after being granted 6 months in the past and i wont like to waste money too.do u suggest i move on with the application or i wait till next year after my nysc service. thanks vicjustice,you are the man. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by silversheep: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
schools are on vacation presently vicjustice and the letter was written by the proprietor of the school ith the schools letterhead paper and his phone number and signature appended below.its just a 12 day holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by unikazzy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
need your advice pls.......do i need to secure a job first before applying for a visa and work permit or i can do that when i get to uk? Will d visa be granted? First timer pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
uni-kazzy:
need your advice pls.......do i need to secure a job first before applying for a visa and work permit or i can do that when i get to uk? Will d visa be granted? First timer pls

Do you work at the moment in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
silversheep: schools are on vacation presently vicjustice and the letter was written by the proprietor of the school ith the schools letterhead paper and his phone number and signature appended below.its just a 12 day holiday.
That sounds good and positive, only make sure that the number of day that you enter as your intended duration of stay in the UK correspond with the declaration on the letter. The only problem I see here is your finance, but a considerate Visa Officer will give you the benefit of doubt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hello, i will like to seek for your advise, i have 2 years uk visa and my wife has 6 month visa both are intended to travel around November this year. My immediate brother want to apply for uk visa and i want to sponsor his trip though he his working but he has insufficient money in his account. what are the document i need to provide for him to support his application aside my bank statement and my employment details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by unikazzy(m): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2012
justwise:

Do you work at the moment in Nigeria?
i just finished my NYSC Last month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 7:44am On Jul 30, 2012
Hello Just wise , ur guidelines on uk visa are very informative and God will blesS u for that, i will be attending my frienda graduation by nov and i have the following questions to ask

1. I AM A WORKER, AND MY TAX IS DEDUCTED FROM MY WAGES AND IT SHOWS ON MY PAY SLIP, DO O NEED TO INCLUDE PERSONAL TAX CLEARANCE TO MY APPLICATION?

2. I HAVE A LANDED PROPERTY BUT NOT WITH A C OF O CAN I INCLUDE IT?

i will be waiting for ur reply soonest
thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2012
DOMINION1: Hello Just wise , ur guidelines on uk visa are very informative and God will blesS u for that, i will be attending my frienda graduation by nov and i have the following questions to ask

1. I AM A WORKER, AND MY TAX IS DEDUCTED FROM MY WAGES AND IT SHOWS ON MY PAY SLIP, DO O NEED TO INCLUDE PERSONAL TAX CLEARANCE TO MY APPLICATION?

2. I HAVE A LANDED PROPERTY BUT NOT WITH A C OF O CAN I INCLUDE IT?

i will be waiting for ur reply soonest
thnks

No you don't need to include any tax clearance.

I'm not sure if land document without a C will be accepted, hopefully people will help out on that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinapame(f): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2012
@justwise, is it compulsory that the first person who invited you to UK shd be the same to invite you on subsequent visits? I want to reapply for UK visa and this same person is planning to come relocate back to Nigeria but someone else who is also a friend is willing to send me a letter of invite. Pls advice. Thanks

tinapame
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2012
tinapame: @justwise, is it compulsory that the first person who invited you to UK shd be the same to invite you on subsequent visits? I want to reapply for UK visa and this same person is planning to come relocate back to Nigeria but someone else who is also a friend is willing to send me a letter of invite. Pls advice. Thanks

tinapame

Its not compulsory, a different person can invite you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2012
tinapame: @justwise, is it compulsory that the first person who invited you to UK shd be the same to invite you on subsequent visits? I want to reapply for UK visa and this same person is planning to come relocate back to Nigeria but someone else who is also a friend is willing to send me a letter of invite. Pls advice. Thanks

tinapame
No, it is not compulsory, but some factors may be taken into consideration whether negative or positive.
When was it that the previous person invited you?
Was the visa approved or refused?
For what purpose were you previously invited?
Is it the same purpose that the new person is inviting you?
Is the new person living in same city as your previous host?
Know that is will be a disadvantage for the visa officer to understand that the person who previously invited you is no longer in the UK especially during the period that is supposed to be the validity of your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2012
Good morning guys...

So Virgin Atlantic has confirmed to me that I don't need a Uk transit Visa since I don't plan to step out of Heathrow.. As long as the airline has given me the assurance, I'm good to go...

I guess their regulations apply to some airlines or countries/ destinations.. (Just a thought though)

I remember when I was at school.. At that time, Switzerland wasn't part of the Shengen States.. So, if u were resident in the Uk, you were allowed to go to any part of Switzerland without getting a Visa.. A friend and I wanted to go to Geneva for the UEFA 2008 championships and we had booked our holiday on Lastminute.com... We were to go via KLM (amsterdam).. On getting to the airport, we were told that we couldn't fly cos the authorities at Amsterdam had a policy saying that we needed a Visa.. The lady we spoke to went as far as showing us a document where the policy was stated... At the end of the day.. My friend and I had to buy seats on Jet2.Com as it was a direct flight...

My point here is this: flying klm via amsterdam from lagos- london, nigerians don't require a Shengen visa... I even saw this in the same document (cos we had argued that point). But from the Uk to Geneva (or Switzerland) we needed a shengen Visa...

I hope this makes some sort of sense though...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 11:02am On Jul 30, 2012
@prayerful good news, I've actually read it somewhere that nigerians are exempted if

+ you have onward ticket within 24hrs
+ you have valid visa / residence permit of destination
+ you're going to us / canada / australia and new zealand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2012
@strangest,my best advise would be that you book an hotel accomodation online close to her apartment as this will make your application look alot simpler,infact you might need to put her details in your application atall(that depends on you though).this will not in any way hinder your ability to see her. you can apply with the amount of fund in your bank statement and your required documents will include, tax clearance, company documents. you can also visit the uk embassy website for more info on documents requirement.-this is my best advise am sure the expert like vicjustice and justwise might shed more light. best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
I wanted to know how possible it is to go to canada from the uk on a visit if I'm on the Tier 4 visa. Will I have to apply for a canadian visit visa in the uk? I'm planning to go see my uncle later this year. Also, if I want to shop in dubai during my studies in the uk can I go? Will I have to apply for a dubai visa in the uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by strangest(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
naiko: @strangest,my best advise would be that you book an hotel accomodation online close to her apartment as this will make your application look alot simpler,infact you might need to put her details in your application atall(that depends on you though).this will not in any way hinder your ability to see her. you can apply with the amount of fund in your bank statement and your required documents will include, tax clearance, company documents. you can also visit the uk embassy website for more info on documents requirement.-this is my best advise am sure the expert like vicjustice and justwise might shed more light. best of luck

Thank for the info, I understand from what you said that it is not a must that I have to include her details. Please correct me if am wrong. What if am ask the purpose of my visit, how do I go about it. Thanks a lot, I do appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
@donxavier i dont know about canadian visa but as for dubai visa you just need to scan a copy of your passport page and a passport photograph to any good travel agent,( some 5star hotels can help you out with this process ) and you'll get a copy of the visa sent to your e-maail, then when you get to dubai you're given the original visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
@donxavier i think costs 170 - 200 dollars depending on which travel agent you use
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sir P!:
@donxavier i think costs 170 - 200 dollars depending on which travel agent you use
. Should I do that in Nigeria before getting to the uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
@donxavier depends on how soon you wanna use the visa cos youll be given 3months or so, so if you do it here and dont use it you waste the money

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.