Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982264 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Please go through the link below, but don't hesitate to ask further questions if you're not clear.

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas

Ok bro, thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Sep 14, 2015
eniboi:
@justwise

I need your help and guide on how to package my application. My Dad,Mum and 2 siblings are irish citizen living in ireland , but our last born his irish citizen by birth . I am the first born I stayed in Nigeria my Dad want me to come for a family visit to ireland , so Sir I want you to put me through on the requirements I will need.

What are you doing currently in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2015
ezychris:

Yes i ve @frontpagelawyer. Thanks @justwise
Please your answers have generated a few questions.
1. what are the required documents i should get from my family friend showing that they invited me and are capable of accommodating and feeding me?
2. What documents do I need from my sponsor who is my maternal aunt showing she is related to me?

1. That is the least of your problems, proof of relationship with paper evidence is important...email exchange, chat history/phone call, prove that you have been in contact with this person for sometime now.

The person you are going to visit is not directly related to you so you need to convince the ECO why he is inviting you.

2. Your aunt sponsoring will be a problem, why does she wants to spend thousands on you for a trip to the UK? What will she gain from it? How much does she earn to be able to spend that much on you? Those are questions you need to answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by victorD3: 10:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Good Job you guys are doing here

Please I have an enquiry. I'm about to apply for a UK visa but I'm not sure of which because of my situations below:
1: I studied in the UK and stayed with my sister in her house
2: l came back to Nigeria after studies and got a job with my state civil service for 4 and a half yrs now and running

3: i have N500k in my account

4: My sister is a UK citizen and still stays in thesame town and house i intend visiting

5: I'm 33 yrs old

QUESTION

1: Should i request an invitation from her and a letter of confirmation that I will be staying with her OR

Should I just apply for 7 days tourist visa and book a hotel, however I am considering if VO will consider 500k appropriate for such expenditure.

2: won't the VO turn me down since I'm applying as a tourist to visit a town i schooled and stayed for 2yrs?

PLEASE !!!! I need an urgent response and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2015
victorD3:
Good Job you guys are doing here
Please I have an enquiry. I'm about to apply for a UK visa but I'm not sure of which because of my situations below:
1: I studied in the UK and stayed with my sister in her house
2: l came back to Nigeria after studies and got a job with my state civil service for 4 and a half yrs now and running
3: i have N500k in my account [color=#990000][/color]
4: My sister is a UK citizen and still stays in thesame town and house i intend visiting
5: I'm 33 yrs old
QUESTION
1: Should i request an invitation from her and a letter of confirmation that I will be staying with her OR
Should I just apply for 7 days tourist visa and book a hotel, however I am considering if VO will consider 500k appropriate for such expenditure.
2: won't the VO turn me down since I'm applying as a tourist to visit a town i schooled and stayed for 2yrs?
PLEASE !!!! I need an urgent response and God bless

You will use up most of your 500K on air fares and hotel leaving very little in your account.
UKBA do NOT like to see this as it means no ties to return home.
They will suspect that you will overstay, so they will reject your visa.
This plus your links to the town are red flags.

You need to show good earnings {tax statement or letter from your employer)
and very strong ties to home to have a chance of getting the visa.

At the moment I would suggest saving your money and building up funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniboi(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
justwise:

What are you doing currently in Nigeria?
I am working in a private school My Dad owns the school. My Dad will be the one sponsoring me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by victorD3: 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
worry359:

You will use up most of your 500K on air fares and hotel leaving very little in your account.
UKBA do NOT like to see this as it means no ties to return home.
They will suspect that you will overstay, so they will reject your visa.
This plus your links to the town are red flags.

You need to show good earnings {tax statement or letter from your employer)
and very strong ties to home to have a chance of getting the visa.

At the moment I would suggest saving your money and building up funds.

Thanks for your prompt response. However all my questions wasn't answered . lets assume I have upto 700k or above, what will be the best visa to go for? Considering my situation as listed above.

With kind regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
justwise:

1. That is the least of your problems, proof of relationship with paper evidence is important...email exchange, chat history/phone call, prove that you have been in contact with this person for sometime now.

The person you are going to visit is not directly related to you so you need to convince the ECO why he is inviting you.

2. Your aunt sponsoring will be a problem, why does she wants to spend thousands on you for a trip to the UK? What will she gain from it? How much does she earn to be able to spend that much on you? Those are questions you need to answer.

Ok, thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Justwise, Vicjustice, Ogreene, Iblaw. Guess what!!!!!!!

6 months Granted.

@Justwise how can I pay you back for all these. You're my man of the year. GOD BLESS YOU MAN.

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

6 months Granted.

@Justwise how can I pay you back for all these. You're my man of the year. GOD BLESS YOU MAN.

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Easy, just give him your daughter's hand in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Vicjustice:

@vicjustice you won't understand what you gurus are doing here.

OMG you have helped a lot.

I'm coming back to give details of my journey since 2006
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
2006 agent rejected

2007 agent rejected

2012 June agent rejected

2012 August agent rejected

I joined this forum 2013 and since then Justwise has been so helpful. God bless you.

2013 package application myself rejected. Didn't adhere to instruction and was rejected because my claimed salary wasn't showing in my personal statement of account.

2015 with determination, built my salary account for 6Months and with the help of Justwise, Ogreene, Iblaw. I was stamped 6Months Gbammmmmm. All my documents are 100% mine and genuine.

Moral lesson. No short cut to visa application. Agents almost ruin me.

Wish I'd known this forum all the while. Bless God I wasn't ban all the while have been using agents.

God bless Justwise

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hey everyone, does anyone know any good immigration lawyer / lawyer that's good with embassy refusals,, my story is kinda long, but i overstayed a uk visa many years back, came back home, applied for settlement was refused, divorced now, this was about 5 years ago and I would like to apply for a visit visa now, but I think i need the help of a lawyer to draft a letter or something @justwise, vicjistice, etc, pls help out

Pls advice
Hav had three Schnegen visas after this refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cinamon(f): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
… you have submitted no evidence of personal income, assets or savings of your own upon whom you are financially dependent…

this was the major reason for my denial. i provided them with my employment letter and payslips, however i omitted my bank account statement because my husband was stated as sponsor of the trip and i didn't feel it necessary. other than my personal bank account statements, what other documents should i provide? kindly note i have no landed property or another source of funds.

i am married with a kid who will be travelling with us however she doesn't require the visa because she is an american citizen.

i want to reapply immediately (fastback) as i hope to be in the uk by the first week of october. (it was a 6 month tourist visa i applied for) how do i go about it this time. kindly assist me please as i am confused.

cc @Justwise @vicjustice @frontpagelawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yippee!!!! Congrats!!!

Time to start searching for flight deals grin

FrontPageLawyer:

6 months Granted.

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
Heheheheee, I shall witness the ceremony cool

Vicjustice:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
Woah! All these? Am glad you finally made it. I hope my friend gets d visa at d end, she has tried abt 4 times too.

This tread works like magic, lol

FrontPageLawyer:
2006 agent rejected

2007 agent rejected

2012 June agent rejected

I joined this forum 2013 and since then Justwise has been so helpful. God bless you.

2013 package application myself rejected. Didn't adhere to instruction and was rejected because my claimed salary wasn't showing in my personal statement of account.

2015 with determination, built my salary account for 6Months and with the help of Justwise, Ogreene, Iblaw. I was stamped 6Months Gbammmmmm. All my documents are 100% mine and genuine.

Wish I'd known this forum all the while. Bless God I wasn't ban all the while have been using agents.

God bless Justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
please ooo I need your help
I want to travel to UK as a first timer ... I never comot Nigeria before
but you know as ticket too cost I want to go and buy KLM stop over, or any other stop over ticket..... please do you think this can speak against me? thank you for your kind response . I LOVE YOU ALL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belloluddy: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pls help us access this situation
My hubby earns 417k monthly but unfortunately, we exhaust the money from his account to pay bills, etc

April salary...417k, withdrawing it gradually till it became 5k
May salary 417k, withdrawn till balance of 10k
June, July, august, all same, 417k entering his account and withdrew till last kobo, like 5k life left
Now, if he earns his September salary and it gets into his account, can he leave it there and quickly apply for the UK visa ?
He is the one who is applying alone, he has US visit visa, visited USA just once
He is only visiting UK for Xmas while me and my kids stays back in naija
Pls can he use such above statement of account to apply for the visit UK visa ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
2006 agent rejected

2007 agent rejected

2012 June agent rejected

God bless Justwise

Congrats!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
prayerrain:
please ooo I need your help
I want to travel to UK as a first timer ... I never comot Nigeria before
but you know as ticket too cost I want to go and buy KLM stop over, or any other stop over ticket..... please do you think this can speak against me? thank you for your kind response . I LOVE YOU ALL

Kindly give more details and lets understand your situation better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
belloluddy:
Pls help us access this situation
My hubby earns 417k monthly but unfortunately, we exhaust the money from his account to pay bills, etc

April salary...417k, withdrawing it gradually till it became 5k
May salary 417k, withdrawn till balance of 10k
June, July, august, all same, 417k entering his account and withdrew till last kobo, like 5k life left
Now, if he earns his September salary and it gets into his account, can he leave it there and quickly apply for the UK visa ?
He is the one who is applying alone, he has US visit visa, visited USA just once
He is only visiting UK for Xmas while me and my kids stays back in naija
Pls can he use such above statement of account to apply for the visit UK visa ?
Thanks

Does he not have any other account that is funded? If no, then how come he earns 417k in a month and not have savings? His salary is ok but sincerely its risky applying with just 417k as account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
iblaw:

Kindly give more details and lets understand your situation better
thank you.
actually I'm a teacher. I applied for a tourist visa in July and I was given I had an acct balance of four hundred and something which I submitted even though my fiance was my sponsor.
my question is I stated in that aplication that I would be travelling by august which I couldn't because of extension classes so I decided to travel in December with a stop over flight because its cheaper . so I'm asking if that could be a red flag when i want to renew for two years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

6 months Granted.

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Happy to hear this... Congratz, lucky you. I knew u were gonna be given that visa, I think I said it last week. Congrat once again Bro. Let's have all the list of documents u submitted...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Missdodo: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Frontpagelawyer, congratulations. London awaits you. Hehehe
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
askari01:

Happy to hear this... Congrat lucky you. I knew u were gonna be given that visa, I think I said it last week. Congrat once again Bro. Let's have all the list of documents u submitted...

Thanks @askari01.

As advised, Please build your account. Special emphasis are laid of finances.

For the documents I submitted.

1. CAC
2. Company Tax Clearance Cert.
3 Personal Income Tax Card.
4.Company's Statement of Account. ( Sponsor)
5. Current/Salary Account Closing balance was 230k ( Built for 6 Months) As a matter of fact, I went to my bank and gave a sanding order that my salary should be deducted 1st of every month from my company's account and transferred to my salary account and it MUST be described as i.e Jan 2015 Salary.
6. Marriage Cert.
7. Children Birth Certs.
8. Invitation Letter from UK Company
9. Hotel Reservation.
10. Introduction Letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
Missdodo:
Frontpagelawyer, congratulations. London awaits you. Hehehe

Thank you. Actually going to Manchester on a business trip.

Tickets are pretty expensive at this time, but not a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
iblaw:

Congrats!!!

@iblaw.

ose gannnnnnn. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
OGreene:
Woah! All these? Am glad you finally made it. I hope my friend gets d visa at d end, she has tried abt 4 times too.

This tread works like magic, lol

@Ogreene. Thanks so much. You guys are amazing.

Your friend should get it. Let he/she adhere to instruction, because most times we ignore sound advices, due to undue pressure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belloluddy: 12:25am On Sep 15, 2015
iblaw:

Does he not have any other account that is funded? If no, then how come he earns 417k in a month and not have savings? His salary is ok but sincerely its risky applying with just 417k as account balance.
He does not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:49am On Sep 15, 2015
cinamon:
… you have submitted no evidence of personal income, assets or savings of your own upon whom you are financially dependent…

this was the major reason for my denial. i provided them with my employment letter and payslips, however i omitted my bank account statement because my husband was stated as sponsor of the trip and i didn't feel it necessary. other than my personal bank account statements, what other documents should i provide? kindly note i have no landed property or another source of funds.

i am married with a kid who will be travelling with us however she doesn't require the visa because she is an american citizen.

i want to reapply immediately (fastback) as i hope to be in the uk by the first week of october. (it was a 6 month tourist visa i applied for) how do i go about it this time. kindly assist me please as i am confused.

cc @Justwise @vicjustice @frontpagelawyer

You can check the site pasted below to know if you're qualify for the priority service/fast track

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LOS/page.php?pid=added_value_services

As for the reason for refusal. It's really not a big deal. it has been discussed on several pages here the importance of personal statement of account. This should never be ignored even if you're being sponsored. Give the VO as many documents as you have them available. They're never too much.

And if you're travelling 1st week of October, no troubles. Use Ikeja submission centre.

Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

6 months Granted.

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Congratulation!, enjoy your trip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.