Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981784 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by UyoBoy4Real: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
I paid for courier, they have not posted it yet.

ChillMissy:

I got the same thing yesterday, when are you collecting yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
@justwise, yer I hav my divorce papers and I will be sponsoring d trip myself... What do u think are my chances pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oghenevoke: 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
hi justwise, vic, everyone

pls i have some urgent questions

I want to travel to the UK to visit early next year,

How many months statement do i need to submit (this sept is the first month of my new job)

can i submit just 4 months statement and apply/travel in january or i need a minimum of 6 months?

do i need to do my international passport immediately?

I have a cousin who's just 20years, can he send me an invite or should i just apply as a general visitor?

my salary is less than 200k monthly.

please what are my chances?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
oghenevoke:
How many months statement do i need to submit (this sept is the first month of my new job)
can i submit just 4 months statement and apply/travel in january or i need a minimum of 6 months?
I have a cousin who's just 20years, can he send me an invite or should i just apply as a general visitor?
my salary is less than 200k monthly. please what are my chances? thanks

Concentrate more on your ties to prove that you will return home rather than worry over invitations.
Unless you have large savings already then only 4 months in your job with that salary is not good.
You would be better waiting and building up funds and links to home.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oghenevoke: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
worry359:

Concentrate more on your ties to prove that you will return home rather than worry over invitations.
Unless you have large savings already then only 4 months in your job with that salary is not good.
You would be better waiting and building up funds and links to home.

i have some savings that amounts to 500k, can i use that together with what i save from my salary in 4 months time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
oghenevoke:

i have some savings that amounts to 500k, can i use that together with what i save from my salary in 4 months time?

From what others have found, if you intend to use all or most of your funds and savings for a short trip you will be refused.
They like to see a healthy balance in your bank for you to return.

Read back other posts here and you will understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
please help me brother,

his company is sending him to a conference in uk, he currently have less than 150k in his account

please what are the documents needed to apply for the visa

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Boldruby:
Praise the lord!
I got my 6 months visa today after being refused last month.
Thanks to everyone in this forum who have contributed one way or the other. I took my time and read from the first page of this thread to avoid asking unnecessary questions and it really paid off. I can actually pass for a visa agent with the wealth of knowledge I gained here. *wink*

Special Thanks to Justwise for taking your time to answer questions here patiently. May God bless you immeasurably. I really learnt a lot.
Thanks to Iblaw for responding to my enquiry.
Would also like to acknowledge 3sha4lyf for the wonderful format for cover letter to the ECO.
#Godwin

Congrats!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
dapsycole:
House I got this mail for my wife n daughter's application. Yesterday makes two weeks they applied (VI centre) please what could be the cause of delay?
@ justwise ogreene iblaw and other gurus.
For:xx xx xx xx xx

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

The delay is from their end and no one can say whats happening but just be patient and hope for the best. My first Uk Visa application took 7 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
oghenevoke:

my salary is less than 200k monthly.

please what are my chances?
thanks

Yes you need a 6 months

Dont wait till you are ready to travel before having a passport

Even if your cousin invite you, you still have to apply as General Visitor as cousin is not on the list for Family Visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
My mum a principal of govt sec sch wit 208k salary,132k savings in zenith,20k in salary acc, no stock and bond bought and she was denied a visa.pls wat can she do to reapply nw dat she is on 30days leave nd she rili wanto honor her niece invite in uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good evening Great people. Been busy planning my trip.

Got Lagos-Manchester Lufthansa at 230k.

I have a 1 hour layover in Frankfurt. Do I need a transit visa?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nope! Since you are not leaving the airport

FrontPageLawyer:

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
OGreene:
Nope! Since you are not leaving the airport

Thanks Ogreene. How are you doing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
curiobling:
My mum a principal of govt sec sch wit 208k salary,132k savings in zenith,20k in salary acc, no stock and bond bought and she was denied a visa.pls wat can she do to reapply nw dat she is on 30days leave nd she rili wanto honor her niece invite in uk

When was she denied visa and what was the reason for her refusal?

What is the status of her niece in the UK

Who would be funding your mum's trip? Eg flight fare, feeding, accommodation etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 12:13am On Sep 17, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Thank you.

Not unless you want to visit Essen car show. By the time u return, you might have missed your flight.
Enjoy Lufthansa's leather seat, once you arrive cologne bonn or frankfurt airport, head straight to your connecting flight gate, and sit tight for your flight to Manchester Airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 6:23am On Sep 17, 2015
victorD3:
Good Job you guys are doing here

Please I have an enquiry. I'm about to apply for a UK visa but I'm not sure of which because of my situations below:
1: I studied in the UK and stayed with my sister in her house
2: l came back to Nigeria after studies and got a job with my state civil service for 4 and a half yrs now and running

3: i have N500k in my account

4: My sister is a UK citizen and still stays in thesame town and house i intend visiting

5: I'm 33 yrs old

QUESTION

1: Should i request an invitation from her and a letter of confirmation that I will be staying with her OR

Should I just apply for 7 days tourist visa and book a hotel, however I am considering if VO will consider 500k appropriate for such expenditure.

2: won't the VO turn me down since I'm applying as a tourist to visit a town i schooled and stayed for 2yrs?

PLEASE !!!! I need an urgent response and God bless

Either you save more money as worry359 suggested or you get your sister to support you partially financially. She can support your accommodation and living expenses but she will need to provide evidence she can do this by way of bank statement, tenancy/mortgage agreement and a letter explicitly stating she would take care of you. You would also need a letter from your employers as well.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2015
justwise please ans my question
adeoladele:
please help me brother,

his company is sending him to a conference in uk, he currently have less than 150k in his account

please what are the documents needed to apply for the visa

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2015
adeoladele:
justwise please ans my question

Please read this thread from June(sorry I can't remember specific page) this issue was treated, I don't want to keep repeating the same thing over and over again

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2015
Cutebabe20:
@justwise, yer I hav my divorce papers and I will be sponsoring d trip myself... What do u think are my chances pls?

Its 50/50, obviously your previous immigration records will flag up so you can only make sure that your application is water tight and most importantly disclose your previous immigration records in additional information page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 8:43am On Sep 17, 2015
justwise, am so sorry to bother you

have tried to read many pages back but am yet to see a similar cases like my brother,

it just a golden opportunity for him for company to offer him a conference out of many in his department, he has less than 150k in his salary account, married with a kid, his company is sponsoring his conference, paying for his hotel and air ticket.

what are the document needed

thanks

justwise:

Please read this thread from June(sorry I can't remember specific page) this issue was treated, I don't want to keep repeating the same thing over and over again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2015
adeoladele:
justwise, am so sorry to bother you

have tried to read many pages back but am yet to see a similar cases like my brother,

it just a golden opportunity for him for company to offer him a conference out of many in his department, he has less than 150k in his salary account, married with a kid, his company is sponsoring his conference, paying for his hotel and air ticket.

what are the document needed

thanks

Read all Zoomzu's posts in this thread, it's a similar case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2015
iblaw:

Congrats!!!

What was the reason given by the ECO that lead to ur refusal and what did u do to put everything right... Let us learn from ur experience. Congrats though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oldion: 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=oldion post=37798125][/quote]
Good Afternoon Justwise, can you please go through the below list and advise further.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good people

If I arrive 1 day earlier than the date in my application and I day after the date I said I would live, would it count against me later.

This is due to issue with my airline booking
Please advice me. First time traveler here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cinamon(f): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
QUICK QUESTION; AS A BUSINESSMAN, IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO ASCERTAIN A SPECIFIC MONTHLY INCOME AS INCOME WOULD VARY MONTH BY MONTH DEPENDING ON BUSINESS. what should be used as monthly income? how does one go about coming up with a figure? would using 'N/A' be acceptable?

similarly, money given to family members and other dependents would also vary depending on how much income is made for the month, how should one input those figures undecided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
nunaija:
Good people

If I arrive 1 day earlier than the date in my application and I day after the date I said I would live, would it count against me later.

This is due to issue with my airline booking
Please advice me. First time traveler here.

You will be fine.

If they ask when you arrive in the UK at the airport say the same reason you gave here . Airline booking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
cinamon:
QUICK QUESTION; AS A BUSINESSMAN, IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO ASCERTAIN A SPECIFIC MONTHLY INCOME AS INCOME WOULD VARY MONTH BY MONTH DEPENDING ON BUSINESS. what should be used as monthly income? how does one go about coming up with a figure? would using 'N/A' be acceptable?

similarly, money given to family members and other dependents would also vary depending on how much income is made for the month, how should one input those figures undecided.

N/A is unacceptable.

How much do you pay yearly as personal income tax? Please contact your tax consultant to work out the mathematics.

In my own case as a business owner, I used N385k monthly.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks Prof. Will buy £ from Nigeria.

Please do you know if Lufthansa is reliable?

Flying from Lagos-Frankfurt-Manchester

1 hr Layover at Frankfurt.

Lufthansa is a huge airline, very funny with fare rules, as a travel consultant i know them to be very difficult to deal with when making any changes as they have so many restrictions should you need to make changes, but as a passenger you should be fine.

http://www.airlinequality.com/seat-reviews/lufthansa/ the reviews are not too good, but then it all depends on what you are looking for or what is your preference when looking for flights, is it cheapest vs fastest etc.

Also dont be afraid to use other airlines such as Iberia(owned by British airways) , Royal Air Moroc where you will find tickets at a fraction of the cost of direct flights with Virgin or BA.

shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
cinamon:

Im sure you could work out an average?

Im sure others will advise

good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Congratulations! I'll remain on this forum/thread understudying Justwise and Vicjustice for a very long time by HIS grace. Need to give back to the public what has been given FREELY to me here.

Thanks

Same here

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.