Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983241 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

@Ogreene, please will need your help on this one.

Got a quote yesterday for 255k KLM.

Which airline did you use?

Travelling date is 21-24

But I plan to spend one week, but since I filled 21-24 on the application form for a three days visit, don't want POE troubles, might just pay extra $100 to extend arrival to 27th once I get in. What do you think?

Once again, check this out

http://www.dealdey.com/deals/return-tickets-to-the-uk-usa

I remember calling for details and was told they can do even Manchester for 160k but i already bought my ticket. As at today, 43 people have subscribed for this and it ends in 2 days time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
nunaija:
Good People!
I'm happy to inform you that I collected back my documents this morning and got 6 month visa on my passport. This is after along wait.
Remember I was denied twice this year (February and August).

Many thank to Justwise for encouraging me to give it another shot. You are the best man!
Vicjustic... Thanks
Ogreene..... Thanks
....and everybody!

My training is next week I need the cheapest flight I can get.

http://www.dealdey.com/deals/return-tickets-to-the-uk-usa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cinamon(f): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
thank you @FrontPageLawyer
i forgot to mention, my salary isn't much, 75k per month, this however shouldn't be an issue should it? as i have clearly stated that my husband will be sponsoring the trip?

secondly, i stated in my application that i will be visiting for 6 days, might this have had an impact on my refusal?

i have traveled to the u.s and the u.k a good number of times however my last visa to the uk was in 2008. i am just wondering why i would have gotten refused. i can't seem to see where i went wrong. pls assist to enable me get it right next time as i intend on reapplying on monday.

cc. alh @Justwise i need ur 2 cents here please

quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=38027895]Thanks Prof Justwise.

Please help respond to @Cinamon[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Congrats! Was waiting to hear from you since then

nunaija:
Good People!
I'm happy to inform you that I collected back my documents this morning and got 6 month visa on my passport. This is after along wait.

Many thank to Justwise for encouraging me to give it another shot. You are the best man!
Vicjustic... Thanks
Ogreene..... Thanks
....and everybody!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
For how much?

FrontPageLawyer:
Sorted my flight with Lufthansa. Lagos-Manchester

Should I pay the Hotel I used in the application or I can do that when I arrived? I just want to be careful with POE. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
candycoco:
Hello UK app gurus... I hail! grin grin grin

I'm amazed this thread has been here; right under my nose and I've been googling google for answers that I havent found shocked.

My situation is this; I intend to travel to the US in Oct which i recently got a visa for. However I want to apply for a UK visa for the 3rd week in oct. I began my pp in Aug but never submitted/paid because of uncertainty about processing times and which visa center to use (it will be a shame if my passport gets stuck with them when its time to go to US).

Please what would you suggest I do? Should I bother at all? undecided

Thanks.

Please give at least 3 weeks for your UK visa application from the time you intend to travel to the US and if possible use Ikeja Centre as it seems to be a bit faster than VI centre cos of the extra fee of 18k.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vuitton007: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
justwise:

I read those 3 questions and thought you should know the answers since this is your 3rd UK visiting visa application and all the answers are here as well....that was why i skipped your post.

Interesting...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
cinamon:
thank you @FrontPageLawyer
i forgot to mention, my salary isn't much, 75k per month, this however shouldn't be an issue should it? as i have clearly stated that my husband will be sponsoring the trip?

secondly, i stated in my application that i will be visiting for 6 days, might this have had an impact on my refusal?

i have traveled to the u.s and the u.k a good number of times however my last visa to the uk was in 2008. i am just wondering why i would have gotten refused. i can't seem to see where i went wrong. pls assist to enable me get it right next time as i intend on reapplying on monday.

cc. alh @Justwise i need ur 2 cents here please

quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=38027895]Thanks Prof Justwise.

Please help respond to @Cinamon

Since your husband is sponsoring the trip, I don't think your salary is a problem here. And with your travel history you should be fine. Like I said, no amount of document is too much, if you have other business or asset you can include the documents otherwise you should be fine with your statement of account only. This will show your economic tie to your home country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks Prof. Will stick to my 21-24. I suffer well well for this visa

Laughing deeply... U got rest of mind ur looking for wahala.... My 50K still dey pain me for body as I dey... better enter first and extend ur ticket not longer than a week... then tell them u were unable to accomplish ur mission within 3 days so u had no choice than to add 3 more days... simple as ABC...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cinamon(f): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
thank you for responding..

i have very recently (after the submission of my visa application) applied for the purchase of land here in abuja, i received my provionsal letter of allocation on monday, can i also include this letter? or will it seem bait suspicious?

FrontPageLawyer:

Since your husband is sponsoring the trip, I don't think your salary is a problem here. And with your travel history you should be fine. Like I said, no amount of document is too much, if you have other business or asset you can include the documents otherwise you should be fine with your statement of account only. This will show your economic tie to your home country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
@worry359, I came back home myself, got married and applied for a settlement visa and was refused twice. Ok @justwise, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by candycoco: 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
iblaw:

Please give at least 3 weeks for your UK visa application from the time you intend to travel to the US and if possible use Ikeja Centre as it seems to be a bit faster than VI centre cos of the extra fee of 18k.

Thanks alot @iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
cinamon:
thank you for responding..

i have very recently (after the submission of my visa application) applied for the purchase of land here in abuja, i received my provionsal letter of allocation on monday, can i also include this letter? or will it seem bait suspicious?

@cinamon. Please go ahead and submit your salary account and the provisional letter of allocation provided it is duly signed and stamped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Praise the lord!
I got my 6 months visa today after being refused last month.
Thanks to everyone in this forum who have contributed one way or the other. I took my time and read from the first page of this thread to avoid asking unnecessary questions and it really paid off. I can actually pass for a visa agent with the wealth of knowledge I gained here. *wink*

Special Thanks to Justwise for taking your time to answer questions here patiently. May God bless you immeasurably. I really learnt a lot.
Thanks to Iblaw for responding to my enquiry.
Would also like to acknowledge 3sha4lyf for the wonderful format for cover letter to the ECO.
#Godwin

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Boldruby:
Praise the lord!
Thanks to everyone in this forum who have contributed one way or the other. I took my time and read from the first page of this thread to avoid asking unnecessary questions and it really paid off. I can actually pass for a visa agent with the wealth of knowledge I gained here. *wink*

Special Thanks to Justwise for taking your time to answer questions here patiently. May God bless you immeasurably. I really learnt a lot.
Would also like to acknowledge 3sha4lyf for the wonderful format for cover letter to the ECO.
#Godwin

Congratulations! I'll remain on this forum/thread understudying Justwise and Vicjustice for a very long time by HIS grace. Need to give back to the public what has been given FREELY to me here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dapsycole: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
House I got this mail for my wife n daughter's application. Yesterday makes two weeks they applied (VI centre) please what could be the cause of delay?
@ justwise ogreene iblaw and other gurus.
For:xx xx xx xx xx

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dapsycole: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
House I got this mail today. It's two weeks yesterday I submitted d visiting uk app for my daughter and wife at Vi centre. They both got d mail .please what could be the cause of delay.
@justwise @ogreene @ iblaw and other great gurus

Dear ××××÷×

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uniqyemi: 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I asked the question simply because,it's either you are factoring hotel cost in your total spend or your friend is providing a letter regarding your shelter arrangements.

Ok @Lexusgs430, we would be factoring the cost into the total spending .The last time my friend provided a letter n all her documents.but we are thinking of booking a hotel this time.am just worried the Eco would find this contradicting our previous accommodation plan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:40am On Sep 16, 2015
Cutebabe20:
@justwise, was refused because they found out i overstayed my visit visa

Do you have your divorce papers and who will be sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:41am On Sep 16, 2015
nunaija:
Good People!

Vicjustic... Thanks
Ogreene..... Thanks
....and everybody!

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:44am On Sep 16, 2015
candycoco:
Hello UK app gurus... I hail! grin grin grin

I'm amazed this thread has been here; right under my nose and I've been googling google for answers that I havent found shocked.

My situation is this; I intend to travel to the US in Oct which i recently got a visa for.. However I want to apply for a UK visa for the 3rd week in oct. I began my pp in Aug but never submitted/paid because of uncertainty about processing times and which visa center to use (it will be a shame if my passport gets stuck with them when its time to go to US).

Please what would you suggest I do? Should I bother at all? undecided

Thanks.

That is too close, you should have applied early this month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:49am On Sep 16, 2015
Boldruby:
Praise the lord!

#Godwin

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:45am On Sep 16, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Congratulations! I'll remain on this forum/thread understudying Justwise and Vicjustice for a very long time by HIS grace. Need to give back to the public what have been given FREELY to me here.
Looking at your username, i initially thought you were either an immigration lawyer or that you were one of those claiming to be a "visa agent" but then, i realised that you too needed assistance. I am glad that you feel grateful for our services and i am appreciative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:29am On Sep 16, 2015
Vicjustice:

Looking at your username, i initially thought you were either an immigration lawyer or that you were one of those claiming to be a "visa agent" but then, i realised that you too needed assistance. I am glad that you feel grateful for our services and i am appreciative.

Justwise has been on my case since 2013.

Currently studying law as second degree.

Thank you vicjustice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:40am On Sep 16, 2015
To all first time applicants.

If you have problem filling the "income and expenditure" section of the UK visa application form, just feel free to ask any question here.

By HIS mercies we can handle that while the professionals @justwise, vicjustice, worry, lexusgs430 are very busy handling the complex queries/cases.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jayken07(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2015
dapsycole:
House I got this mail today. It's two weeks yesterday I submitted d visiting uk app for my daughter and wife at Vi centre. They both got d mail .please what could be the cause of delay.
@justwise @ogreene @ iblaw and other great gurus

Dear ××××÷×
Hello I got the same mail say tuesday last week.it got me really worried and in ddey thought for some days but 3days afterwards I got a decision on my visa application and on monday I got my visa...so my advise to you is just to relax..u think the reason for the delay is because they are still verifying your documents....because a day after my sponsor got a call from them was when I got a decision mail...so just be prayerful and hopeful

Kind Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nelsondo: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2015
please is that anybody in house who has previously banned when applied for U.K visa but later applied for U.S visa and was approved.Thanks waiting for reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by UyoBoy4Real: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2015
Hope you got your visa? I got the same email from Lagos office yesterday.

tinuosadeyi:
so you guys i got this mail
A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ChillMissy: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
Hope you got your visa? I got the same email from Lagos office yesterday.

I got the same thing yesterday, when are you collecting yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ChillMissy: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2015
Did you get your visa?

tinuosadeyi:
so you guys i got this mail
A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ChillMissy: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2015
adenikie:

Babaoyin did you apply in Ikeja center or vi.... Thanks
I got same, I applied in ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ChillMissy: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Did you get your visa?
adenikie:
Good morning my good people ooo

I got a mail from Visa info saying we have made a decision and it will dispatch from decision making center in Sheffield UK. You will get your package 3-5 days from this mail sent to you. The outcome can not be influenced or you application is under consideration.please report such to visafo#######

Am really scared just joined the forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.