Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (996060 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tomsongz(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2012
pls my mum waz offered a job and acomodation in uk by her cousin who owns a resturant in uk. Just want to know if it would be posible 2 get my mum a visa considering shez above 50,she own 2 houses 1 in kaduna and the oda 1 in kwara state,she worked wit a reputable company for 25years and ryt now shez currently into poultry bussines...pls i realy need u guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2012
tomsongz: pls my mum waz offered a job and acomodation in uk by her cousin who owns a resturant in uk. Just want to know if it would be posible 2 get my mum a visa considering shez above 50,she own 2 houses 1 in kaduna and the oda 1 in kwara state,she worked wit a reputable company for 25years and ryt now shez currently into poultry bussines...pls i realy need u guys

I think the prob your mum's application will face is for your cousin to prove that he has advertised that job in the UK and could not find any UK or EU citizen who is qualified to do the job...else it will be difficult for your mum to be given a work permit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2012
zellis001:

my dad is my sponsor and we have about 3m for our travel (for my mum and i) which will cover our expenses for 2weeks. the reason why i am travelling is because 2 persons must accompany my sister because she is under the age of 18. pls advice me on what reason i can present as a strong tie to nigeria. also i ll appreciate if u can list d supporting documents we ll need. thnx smiley

Did you read that in UKBA or any official document? I mean that 2 people must accompany her? Please give me the link.

As for documents needed...read this thread we have listed documents needed for visa application for ordinary vising or business visiting far too many times, if you do that and need more info then ask.

Tie to Nigeria issue have been explained over and over again, please go through this thread you will have more than enough info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tomsongz(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2012
justwise:

I think the prob your mum's application will face is for your cousin to prove that he has advertised that job in the UK and could not find any UK or EU citizen who is qualified to do the job...else it will be difficult for your mum to be given a work permit.
thanks alot buh is there any oda way she(my mum) could consider? Coz we all hope d job and her traveling out works out,coz she really deserves it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by andrewoluwaseyi: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
My wife visa was refused on the grounds that me the sponsor didn’t meet the financial requirement, I have two jobs, in between this jobs I earn btw £20000- £26000, I submitted both payslips to indicate to how much I had earned in the last 12 months, as at the time we submitted this application I had earned £20078.77. the refusal reason from the case worker was that there wasn’t any indication that I earn money from my second job, and payslips were submitted and stamped by my part time comnpany

I have gone through emotional torture and don’t wish anyone to go through what me and my wife have go through, I plan to appeal, please advise me further. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
andrewoluwaseyi: My wife visa was refused on the grounds that me the sponsor didn’t meet the financial requirement, I have two jobs, in between this jobs I earn btw £20000- £26000, I submitted both payslips to indicate to how much I had earned in the last 12 months, as at the time we submitted this application I had earned £20078.77. the refusal reason from the case worker was that there wasn’t any indication that I earn money from my second job, and payslips were submitted and stamped by my part time comnpany

I have gone through emotional torture and don’t wish anyone to go through what me and my wife have go through, I plan to appeal, please advise me further. Thanks

Did you bank statement show payment from both jobs? Did you submit the payslips AND bank statement(s) indicating those payments?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
tomsongz: thanks alot buh is there any oda way she(my mum) could consider? Coz we all hope d job and her traveling out works out,coz she really deserves it

Maybe visiting visa but she can't work with it legally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tkaylove: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
justwise:

Was his visa cancelled and given the right to appeal?

Justwise tanxs for ur response. No his right to appeal was limited but he wants to review the case.I just want to know if its possible to defend this with him cos it was just sumtin done with a sincere heart. Tnxs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
tkaylove:

Justwise tanxs for ur response. No his right to appeal was limited but he wants to review the case.I just want to know if its possible to defend this with him cos it was just sumtin done with a sincere heart. Tnxs

He can apply for review, that is the only channel left since his right to appeal is limited. All he need to do is to explain in details what happened, he is not allowed to submit additional document in support of his case, just the review form then the ECM will have a look at his case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by andrewoluwaseyi: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
justwise:

Did you bank statement show payment from both jobs? Did you submit the payslips AND bank statement(s) indicating those payments?

yes, submitted both bank statement, all reflecting this amount
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
andrewoluwaseyi:

yes, submitted both bank statement, all reflecting this amount

If that was the only reason for the refusal and you are sure that you included all that then go for oral appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zellis001: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
justwise:

Did you read that in UKBA or any official document? I mean that 2 people must accompany her? Please give me the link.

As for documents needed...read this thread we have listed documents needed for visa application for ordinary vising or business visiting far too many times, if you do that and need more info then ask.

Tie to Nigeria issue have been explained over and over again, please go through this thread you will have more than enough info.

Thnx for your time. I now understand wat is meant by tie to nigeria. I have a personal acct in which I hv money dat I gathered during my service year. The balance presently is like 80k and i feel it isn't substantial besides I hv been withdrawing from it. Should I get a copy of my bank statement and that of dads' and then apply? Pls advice me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
@Justwise Nope i don't just my personal savings account about 70k available balance but expecting some additional xmas funds from a family friend which will total about 121,000 or there about..

Roxy4: Thanks @justwise.. Nope i don't just my personal savings account about 70k available balance but expecting some additional xmas funds from a family friend which will total about 121,000 or there about..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
Roxy4: @Justwise Nope i don't just my personal savings account about 70k available balance but expecting some additional xmas funds from a family friend which will total about 121,000 or there about..

Even if you got 1million naira from a family friend to add to that balance, your chances of getting a visa is very low. This is not just about money but source of it and your tie to Nigeria.

If you don't work, don't have a business that can finance your trip to the UK then you hardly qualify for visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zellis001: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
I am trying 2 book a hotel for my mum for her uk tourist visa. My dad is her sponsor n d prob is he doesn't have a mastercard or visa card. She has money in her account n she suggested dt I book with her visa card. My question is won't dey find it questionable giving d fact dat she is only going 2 provide jst his bank statement and name him as her sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hallys22: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
I applied for a student visa and I was rejected on the ground dt my transcript had a stamp from the high court instead of the university. Actually I had d stamp on the transcript wen I was tryin 2 mk true copies of my docs which I used in gaining admission in an asian university. My fear is that the ECO might tink I provided false docs. Is it possible dt I might hv been banned?
Pls smbody shud give me answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ahmadana: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
hi
please advice
i had got visa before 3 years for 6 months for UK , but i have never traveled over there ,

i am plannig to apply now again for one year ,

its possible to get visa one year , or i have to get 6 months first ?

i am not sure if i can get visa for one year , because i have never been there ,
as i know , it must be 6 months first , and i must entry there also
then i can apply for one year

any one can advice please ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
ahmad_ana: hi
please advice
i had got visa before 3 years for 6 months for UK , but i have never traveled over there ,

i am plannig to apply now again for one year ,

its possible to get visa one year , or i have to get 6 months first ?

i am not sure if i can get visa for one year , because i have never been there ,
as i know , it must be 6 months first , and i must entry there also
then i can apply for one year

any one can advice please ?
You asked your questions and you also answered them yourself, what advice do you then require?
By the way, what translation programme are you using?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
Pls I nid your advice, I just won my UK settlement visa appeal and I don't know how long it will take before my visa is issued. And do I need to submit another document to get my visa. Please justwise I will need your advice on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
sfatoki: Pls I nid your advice, I just won my UK settlement visa appeal and I don't know how long it will take before my visa is issued. And do I need to submit another document to get my visa. Please justwise I will need your advice on this. Thanks

Have you received determination letter from the tribunal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Crosser005: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
Question: My Sponsor was in graduate school up until April of this year, so her tax returns from the past two years will not show that she met the income requirement. However since graduating this year she has maintained a job above the £18,600 annual salary, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Any recommendations on what evidence we should submit to prove finances? The VAF4A form does not have a section to claim this and state "recent/future employment" as a means of meeting the standard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dear Nairaland Member

i want to apply for uk visa, please how do i go about it please. i have all document to sup[port my application. need more info on how to do my registration on line and how much it will cost.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
kaykad: Dear Nairaland Member

i want to apply for uk visa, please how do i go about it please. i have all document to sup[port my application. need more info on how to do my registration on line and how much it will cost.
Click on this link and see how it is done:
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=formFinder&com.sun.faces.portlet.CLEAR_STATE=true

Or simply click on this one and get started
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
I've not receive it, I just won it last week and I'm still expecting the letter. The jugde at the upper tribunal allowed my appeal after severeal questions was asked from my wife in uk and she(judge) allowed it instantly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
sfatoki: I've not receive it, I just won it last week and I'm still expecting the letter. The jugde at the upper tribunal allowed my appeal after severeal questions was asked from my wife in uk and she(judge) allowed it instantly.

you will get that first then after about a month or so your visa will come
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
thanks have been checking dat out since wanted to know :

1. if its betta i user the online or print out the form
2. after filling it out wat step do i need to take pls i.e go to the Sterling Bank Branches and pay money or book an appiontment with vfs
3. wat nxt please

wen i book the appointment do i carry allong all nessary docs including the invitee docs too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Thanks so much. Will let u know whne I get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:52am On Jan 02, 2013
kaykad: thanks have been checking dat out since wanted to know :

1. if its betta i user the online or print out the form
2. after filling it out wat step do i need to take pls i.e go to the Sterling Bank Branches and pay money or book an appiontment with vfs
3. wat nxt please

wen i book the appointment do i carry allong all nessary docs including the invitee docs too
After filling the application (whether online or offline) you will get to the instruction section at the end of the application, it will direct you on what next to do

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykad: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dear Vicjustice

have tried booking an appointment on the site http://www.ukvac-ng.com/callcentre.html but each time it say: No date(s) available for appointment.

wat can i do to over come this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:43am On Jan 03, 2013
kaykad: Dear Vicjustice

have tried booking an appointment on the site http://www.ukvac-ng.com/callcentre.html but each time it say: No date(s) available for appointment.

wat can i do to over come this
First of all, have you completed the online visa application form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dialofrank: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2013
I need your advice. I have been offered a uk entry clearance visa to do my masters,my school is resuming 28jan.I do intend travelling on the 14th to see my friends b4 school,will this be an issue for me @ immigration?

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.