Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865011 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Yeye people. After paying 4k, they can't send individually. Issokay, no problem. Diarizz God and He is watching them.
They've dropped it at UPS now sha according to the update at VFS so I'm still waiting.

spikesC:

They always delay sending the parcels after they receive it. Probably waiting to forward more parcels together with it so as to minimize cost on their end and that is very very bad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

I applied on the 20th in abuja too and i have not hear anything,am so so so so worried
haba u dnt av to b worried dis week u ll get it by God's Grace,out of four of us dat day in ikj,only one guy got d mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
BossLadyCEO: Hello, please I need an advice. I applied for my tier 4 on the 15th of Aug at Ikeja with a friend of mine. We both on an msc program in dfft fields tho. But d issue is this, I couriered my application becos am presently serving in Enugu, but my friend is in Lagos. Since we submitted I didnt get any mail frm ukba that my application has been received, but she did. And then yesterday, the 26th of Aug, she got a message that her visa has been approved and ready for collection. Meanwhile I have nt received any mesage since we submitted. Tho I didnt pay for sms because I felt I wld be able to track it on their website. But unfortunately I didnt kno it"s no longer possible to track applications on the website
Also am worried becos she used a bank statement while I had a sponsorship lettrr from my local govt for full sponsorship worth 5M. We are worried nw that maybe they are not satisfied wit local govt capability of spending 5M on a student or the money is not enough. Tho I tot of adding my mum's bank statement which covered all d tuition and maintenance, but my agent adviced me not to, that since am a sponsored student, and I accepted the scholarship, that adding a bank statement will make it seem I do not trust my sponsor that is d LG. And that since it is d sponsorship lettet that I used to obtain my cas and that is what is indicated on the CAS, that it is enough evidence of financial capability. But now am really afraid since my friend's visa is ready while mine is nt since we submitted at the same time. Pls can someone advice me what they think is happening. Please sincere opinions

I do not understand how you couriered your application because you must do bio-metrics.

Yes, you can track your application on the website

Now agent is involved.
Ok, i think you have bigger issues than you might know. It is practically impossible for your agent to apply and submit a tier 4 visa application for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
ruksy: Yeye people. After paying 4k, they can't send individually. Issokay, no problem. Diarizz God and He is watching them.
They've dropped it at UPS now sha according to the update at VFS so I'm still waiting.

That's good
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
francistayo: haba u dnt av to b worried dis week u ll get it by God's Grace,out of four of us dat day in ikj,only one guy got d mail.
as at today 26th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tomijnr(m): 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello nairalanders, have been following this. Post for quite a while. Shout out to justwise and every other person that has made this page worth while. I got my visa after four working days, all thanks to God and the lively post here. Every one will get theirs. Just relax and pray for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
tomijnr: Hello nairalanders, have been following this. Post for quite a while. Shout out to justwise and every other person that has made this page worth while. I got my visa after four working days, all thanks to God and the lively post here. Every one will get theirs. Just relax and pray for the best.

was your interview at Ikeja or Abuja? what are the possible visa questions usually asked? My CAS has not been updated to reflect my Tuition payment and my interview is dis week what can I do pls I need reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by delnero: 12:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Helo guyz,I applied on the 6th of this month in abj, but I neva received any confimation mail or text msg from ukba..tho I paid 4 sms and delivery.. So on thurs last week I got a call from ups dat my parcel has been in their office for a week not knowing my visa was approved since 13th of august,I was rily angry cos I got no confirmation mail nd I wasted 1week working myself up for no reason... But anyways my visa was approved and i am grateful to God, and I tank you guyz for ur help nd encouragement,Already bought my ticket for sept1 glasgow here I come grin

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, it always fluctuate. It will later change to the current status very soon.
You'll get a mail when it's done

I never get email o,going to seven weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 12:41am On Aug 27, 2014
please,im actually new to this trend,i applied at the new teleperformance office at VI,on the 15 of august,but the stories im hearing lately about their delays in visa processing,please has anyone recieved his visa that applied at VI too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 1:36am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

I do not understand how you couriered your application because you must do bio-metrics.

Yes, you can track your application on the website

Now agent is involved.
Ok, i think you have bigger issues than you might know. It is practically impossible for your agent to apply and submit a tier 4 visa application for you

I applied myself at VFS, did biometrics and interview. I meant I paid for courier, that is my passport be delivered to me at my Enugu residence
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 1:39am On Aug 27, 2014
justwise:

How much is your school fees and where is your school? In London or outside London?

The school is DMU Leicester, school fees is 12200 pounds. And Leicester is outside London
The agent I made mentioned of is a Ukeas agent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:41am On Aug 27, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

I applied myself at VFS, did biometrics and interview. I meant I paid for courier, that is my passport be delivered to me at my Enugu residence

ok.

Email UKVI through this link to know the status of your application

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 2:01am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

ok.

Email UKVI through this link to know the status of your application

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Ok thank you for this. But do you think they would reply my mail. And should I send the mail quoting my passport no, place and date of application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:02am On Aug 27, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

Ok thank you for this. But do you think they would reply my mail. And should I send the mail quoting my passport no, place and date of application

Yes, they would reply it within 1 working day.
The information they would need is on the contact form. Being the GWF number and your date of birth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 2:09am On Aug 27, 2014
Please can one book for an appointment even before receiving CAS. I have filled the ukba form, bar the information contained in the CAS. My CAS should come any moment now, so when it does i'll just update my form with the info needed. Do I go ahead and book appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 2:26am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, they would reply it within 1 working day.
The information they would need is on the contact form. Being the GWF number and your date of birth

Thank you so much for the help. I just sent the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tomijnr(m): 5:03am On Aug 27, 2014
francini:

was your interview at Ikeja or Abuja? what are the possible visa questions usually asked? My CAS has not been updated to reflect my Tuition payment and my interview is dis week what can I do pls I need reply.
I did my interview at abuja. I will recomend abuja because Its orgarnized and stress free. The questions I was been asked includes my date of birth, my school, why I chose the school, why I chose the course, why uk, what has the course got to do with my future aspirations, hope I understood the questions. All of my friends that applied at abuja has gotten theirs too. Mail your school on the update of your cas. I got my update under four hours. I wish you luck in your interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tomijnr(m): 5:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello justwise, thans for the good work here, I have few questions. Have gotten my visa and my fiancee too. We studying in the same school, Birmingham city university (msc). The issue is that we want to live together. Is it possible and how do we go about getting a place that we can stay together. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:29am On Aug 27, 2014
BossLadyCEO: Hello, please I need an advice. I applied for my tier 4 on the 15th of Aug at Ikeja with a friend of mine. We both on an msc program in dfft fields tho. But d issue is this, I couriered my application becos am presently serving in Enugu, but my friend is in Lagos. Since we submitted I didnt get any mail frm ukba that my application has been received, but she did. And then yesterday, the 26th of Aug, she got a message that her visa has been approved and ready for collection. Meanwhile I have nt received any mesage since we submitted. Tho I didnt pay for sms because I felt I wld be able to track it on their website. But unfortunately I didnt kno it"s no longer possible to track applications on the website
Also am worried becos she used a bank statement while I had a sponsorship lettrr from my local govt for full sponsorship worth 5M. We are worried nw that maybe they are not satisfied wit local govt capability of spending 5M on a student or the money is not enough. Tho I tot of adding my mum's bank statement which covered all d tuition and maintenance, but my agent adviced me not to, that since am a sponsored student, and I accepted the scholarship, that adding a bank statement will make it seem I do not trust my sponsor that is d LG. And that since it is d sponsorship lettet that I used to obtain my cas and that is what is indicated on the CAS, that it is enough evidence of financial capability. But now am really afraid since my friend's visa is ready while mine is nt since we submitted at the same time. Pls can someone advice me what they think is happening. Please sincere opinions

You cannot use a sponsorship letter from your LG ukba will not honour it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by nikito: 6:37am On Aug 27, 2014
@Francistayo @delnero saw you are going to gcu heading there also will be nice to link with you guys .cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2014
Please good people of the house...I want to know. is the bank statement showing maintenance money solely sufficient? Or do I need to print naira statements too? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

The school is DMU Leicester, school fees is 12200 pounds. And Leicester is outside London
The agent I made mentioned of is a Ukeas agent.

Convert that £12200 plus £7380 maintenance money to naira and see if that 5M is enough. Use 15th of August exchange rate.

Since an agent is involved in this I will not be replying further on this, somebody is paid already to do this job. Have a discussion with that agent. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Aug 27, 2014
IntroVAT: Please good people of the house...I want to know. is the bank statement showing maintenance money solely sufficient? Or do I need to print naira statements too? Thanks

Which naira statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2014
tomijnr: Hello justwise, thans for the good work here, I have few questions. Have gotten my visa and my fiancee too. We studying in the same school, Birmingham city university (msc). The issue is that we want to live together is it possible and how do we go about getting a place that we can stay together. Thanks

Sadly no, you can't cohabit for obvious reasons...

Hahaha....kidding there... Of course you can, it will be cheaper to rent studio apartment with all bills included.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

A world class University is not the problem, rather, dedicated lecturers who knows and really wants to do their job
Hi, I am a lecturer and I can say I am dedicated(and I know many other dedicated ones). However, my school (and Government) will rather build an event centre than equip the labs. So, funding and monitoring of the already established schools is the way forward.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
justwise:

Which naira statement?

I mean my normal savings account. I opened a Pound Sterling domiciliary account for the sole purpose of holding the maintenance money for the 28 days. I'm saying if it's necessary to also print let's say some months statements of my savings account too. Or is the pound account solely sufficient?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2014
@ justwis,spikeC I ve gotten to the waiting and praying stage I submitted my application yesterday and the interview went well enough
The question was straight forward and we laughed over issues on concentration away from home
1. Pls wen do I start tracking
2. I did mine in ikeja
3. And he soon should I expect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Perky89(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

You cannot use a sponsorship letter from your LG ukba will not honour it.

OMG!! lipsrsealed How sure are you please? Because I'm in that same category. .expecting my CAS today though..

Please house lets look into this. @Justwise, @SpikesC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2014
IntroVAT:

I mean my normal savings account. I opened a Pound Sterling domiciliary account for the sole purpose of holding the maintenance money for the 28 days. I'm saying if it's necessary to also print let's say some months statements of my savings account too. Or is the pound account solely sufficient?

No there is no need for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2014
bidibudi: @ justwis,spikeC I ve gotten to the waiting and praying stage I submitted my application yesterday and the interview went well enough
The question was straight forward and we laughed over issues on concentration away from home
1. Pls wen do I start tracking
2. I did mine in ikeja
3. And he soon should I expect

At least a week, if it comes out before that then great but you don't need to start panicking after few days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Perky89:
OMG!! lipsrsealed How sure are you please? Because I'm in that same category. .expecting my CAS today though..

Please house lets look into this. @Justwise, @SpikesC.

You just have to wait for the outcome since you have applied already. No need arguing about it now as it will not change anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.