Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (22130 Views)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislators‘ Earnings With Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by SEFAGO(m): 8:09am On Dec 19, 2011
Soyinka is an atheist, and an atheist has a moral compass equals to 'zilch' or 'zero' so taken what he says wholeheartedly or seriously must be frowned upon. Give those 'gays' an inch and then they will take a mile. That cancer of sodomy must be kept at arms length and under wraps in our shores, so that we can concentrate on other major and important issues that affects our society without being enmeshed in the intricacies and the rather unpalatable thought of what gay-ism is all about.

As it were, Our sensibilities have already being bruised by discussing such abhorrence, the earlier this dastardly act is tucked away the better for many who never knew it ever existed. Our people are in the dark ages when it comes to compunction to this kind of social malice and it makes sense for them to remain there.

With all due respect you are a fucking re-ta-rd.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Imaeyez(m): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2011
Bros Calm down
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Muyadek(m): 8:23am On Dec 19, 2011
What a pity! I just know that age has no meaning but what someone add to it eg man+age=manage, dam+age=damage, can u see that the segmentation of the man's name is dam+age+er=damager.following the response of an idiotic statement recently said by the highest ranked fool called professor that those who are not derailing from the right path should go back to school, The question that is now anxiously beg for answer in the mind of curious people is " what are they doing there?" they are teaching one another how the life will be completely woefulled. The man is suffering for noting but western malady. Idiot!!

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by scholes23(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2011
i can c dat majority of d guys in support of soyinka are born gays. Hw can u say dat private issues lyk dis is no one's buz. Nw tell me if dis habbit spreads, what are we teachin d children, what msg are we passin across 2 dem, what kind of impact are we makin on dem( positive or megative). All dese & many more are d things we shud put in2 consideration b4 we act. As 4 those in support of soyinka, my advice 4 u is dat u shud thnk b4 u act. I'm very sure dat u dont even know dat gay sex(anal sex) is cancerous . U dont just pick d keyboard or ur phone & start typin jabbash all in d name of I posted somethin on net Dont say somethin because u want 2 say somethin bt say somethin because ur passin a msg across & ur enlightenin & educatin d minds of pple far & near. GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF YOU, AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by oloriooko(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2011
@ poster
He said, “The problem with legislators is that they fail to distinguish between personal bills and interventions in private lives. That is the problem. I see no reason why they should intervene in the private lives of adults. What people do in their bedrooms is no business of mine. It should not be the business of legislators.

true that our lawmakers need to be tutored in their line of duty. but what does the prof means by saying they intervene in the private lives (bedroom) of adults? when almost every bill passed has direct impact on people even into their private lives.
(note pls; STOP CALLING THESE PEOPLE GAY COS THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE WORD GAY WHICH MEANS HAPPY, THEY SHOULD AND MUST BE CALLED HOMOS OR gays).
what do you expect from an atheist, very soon they will push for marriage with animals and probably trees! in the world of the prof with all his knowledge and experience, yet he's very naive in this matter, what a shame, what a waste, what vanity!
gays must not be allowed in this country. i feel very sorry for the likes of uk, us and the rest that are crossed at 9ja for saying they do not want gays in their land. these twisted countries are so full of themselves that they even want to tell you how to rule your country which is why the arabic countries are mad at them which is justifiable. if the prof is clamouring for non-interference in private lives then uk & us should leave us alone and face their twisted culture! private life my foot when the devil is forcefully pushing his kids (gays & the rest) to spread the homo disease, christians must not sleep at all. this evil act is not a surprise cos the bible has predicted this long time ago, we just have to pray and be ready.

“But at the same time, I think other countries who are pointing fingers should look inwards and see whether they also do not practise the same kind of discrimination.
this is a clear indication that the prof sees the anti-gay law as a discrimination, in order words, prof thinks we should happily welcome the gays and give them a red carpet welcome!
prof how would you feel if all your kids or grandkids all gays! and why did you marry a woman instead of a man and i believe you will give out your grand son to another boy in marriage very soon.
rubbish prof talk!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Mobinga: 8:46am On Dec 19, 2011
What a fagget.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by sheyguy: 8:50am On Dec 19, 2011
The main question is shld be: if such an idea is allowed to continue will it be a treat to the entire human race? If it is a treat then let same sex marriage shld be banned forever.
Anoda tin is what happens the day some pple start claiming that robbery or stealing things or even violence is the only way the can satisfy their sexual urge . . . . Shld the senate rise up an legalise it also ?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by member479760: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2011
The prof has no idea again. even yoruba proverb say if your neighbor is eating bad stuff, if you close your eyes when the issue begin you will definitively share part of the issue.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by afm4ever(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2011
Bia oga this is africa if u dont like it go to oyibo land and live with them
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Yeske2(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2011
I support the Prof on this
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by cecegorz(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2011
I find it funny that the Professor/Poet
Seems to be the one that actually needs to go back to school!
The Legislation is strictly against samesex marriage. Common sense tells you that
You can't charge people for what they are doing inside their rooms which obviously
You are not aware of.
But once you announce wedding ceremony of samesex which is a public event, we will surely send the MIB after you, even if you are a PROFESSOR!

Gosh! Ever learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the Truth.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2011
If the professor was referring to issues that had nothing to do with the anti-gay bill, then he would have made more sense. This is Nigeria and there is a complete difference when she is compared to other Western countries where people condone all sorts of shit. legislature or no legislature, Heaven knows that public gay marriages or other anomalies can never be condoned any where in Nigeria, so, Soyinka should give us a break please, He has it at the back of his mind that a very high number of people would turn against him if he dares come out to explicitly rebuff the gay-bill idea, Private matters grin no be only private matters! na today legislatures begin dey delve into private matters? Old story, grin grin
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by strangest(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2011
The prof. Is just insane, yesterday it was just pirates confraternity a private issue, today its cults in schools, students killing each other,  a public issue. Today its a private issue men having s.ex with each other, tomorrow it will be a public issue, another disease stronger than AIDS will come out and soon the g.ay men will start looking for churches to wed and our kids will learn from them. He is an an atheist and probably won't understand what happened to sodom.  Prof. Should go and bury his head in shame, he is just looking for another recognition by the white men. Wole is just a big fool for that comment.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by NotNairalandi(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2011
if two men marry themselves,how pikin go take come.abeg make una no ves,i no know na ehm make i de ASK
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Olaone1: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2011
The prof is right. Nigerian Legislators are simply useless.

What is their problem with people's private lives?

What is their problem if some men choose to become pillow biters?

It isn't their problem. As far as I am concerned, it means nothing.

They said it's a foreign thing. I am sorry because everything we know in Africa is foreign. Islam is foreign. Christianity is foreign.

We accepted them because they kill our forefathers. They basically forced them. As a result, we are now Christians/Muslims.

May be the US needs to drop one or 2 drones, and we will adopt it as well. It is our way. . . we yield to super powers.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by strangest(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2011
If you don't stop a fire when it is still starting, when it burns the whole country will go with it. Prof. Need to apologies to the whole nigerians for that stu.pid comment,
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by mustspin: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2011
this man has really lost it, the legislative passed a bill on marriage and he's spilling rubbish, MARRIAGE IS A PUBLIC ISSUE so what the f**k is he talking about. the law was against same-sex marriage and not same sex intercourse. they can do whatever they want behind close doors but they shouldn't bring it to our face

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Wadosky(m): 9:50am On Dec 19, 2011
private or public,I HATE gays[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2011
@ Ola one

Where did you get this your "foreign" story from grin?? You made me laugh really hard!! grin grin In those days when dem babalawo(s) dem hold sway all these gay issues for be case? Them no go look Ushe face before them go ostracize all them gay/lesbians or slash them death sentences sharp sharp! Under orthodox leadership person wen say im na man na be im "wife" go see wire no be small so stop all this you Christian/Islam foreign blablabla because wetin you dey yan no sell at all. Soyinka made a mistake. Naija is different from the west, period! Legislature or no legislature, gay marriages and other anomalies can not be condoned any where in nigeria.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by soma042(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2011
[b]lets use our brian here, u dont expect som1 like soyinka to come out openly to oppose the anti-gay bill just like that, he used his brain. let me tell u, the bill has been disturbing seriously  that he cant help himself and he just picked offence with the nigerian legislature. people of high thinking like me  no that he is simply one of them take it or ague it. u cant tell me that some state in the u.s  who has already pass this bill never went to school or should go back to school. is a pity that the one who we so much love and also an activist, is also  gay. im disapoited.    [/b]      

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by felifeli: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2011
Kongi is certainly going senile grin grin
There is a difference between immoral public relationship and private lives . The law decides what is immoral , and the law is largely derived from "religious" observations. I am yet to find a single religion that embraces homosexuality. In case anyone wants to get started on the relevance of religion ; it is that "room" where we enter to get out of the unregulated insanity outside in the rest of the world. On the other hand , yes Prof you can have sex in whatever position and with whatever object you like in your bedroom. The law , and the rest of us just don't want to know.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by sharpman1(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2011
I guess it is also okay for humans to h.ave s.ex with animals. . . . . . . that is also a private matter.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2011
I said the exact same thing, one Nairaland imbeci'le called me a Homo!

Soyinka says the same, everybody keep quite!

Two gay'gots, locked away in their room, humping the salvation out of each others rectum, does not disturb me at all.

Two straight couples, locked in their room, having anal s'ex, Bondage stylex, complete with whip and candle wax, Is not my problem either.

In Africa, we have a lot of Homos, what do we do with them all?! Lock em up?! Or kill them?!   undecided
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by executinal(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2011
I know gradually this men will put pressure on our legislators to endorse that bill, i have been waiting for them. The-same way he killed our university with his cultism he claimed it was meant for charity org. sad
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 19, 2011
he is right,

people have only kept quiet so they are not seen as gays
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kholis(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2011
Whether public or private, same-sex affairs is totally UnAfrican. The law of the people must reflect the culture of the people. The 'ogun' worshiper professor should rather relocate to Britain or America instead of making statements against African morality.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by mustspin: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2011
Okija_juju:

I said the exact same thing, one Nairaland imbeci'le called me a Homo!

Soyinka says the same, everybody keep quite!

Two gay'gots, locked away in their room, humping the salvation out of each others rectum, does not disturb me at all.

Two straight couples, locked in their room, having BehindBased s'ex, Bondage stylex, complete with whip and candle wax, Is not my problem either.

In Africa, we have a lot of Homos, what do we do with them all?! Lock em up?! Or kill them?!   undecided
locked up in their rooms u say? then there's no prob with that but they gat no biz with the marriage institution
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Ayor93(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2011
mustspin:

this man has really lost it, the legislative passed a bill on marriage and he's spilling rubbish, MARRIAGE IS A PUBLIC ISSUE so what the bleep is he talking about. the law was against same-sex marriage and not same sex intercourse. they can do whatever they want behind close doors but they shouldn't bring it to our face
hes(wole)an a$$ hole
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by vitality22(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2011
gaakgaba:

The fact that this is coming from wole soyinka does not make it right. It will be totally fallacious for any human to think that way.I think the law of diminishing return has started setting in for the man. If not he ought to know that gay marriage will definitely have a multiplier effect on the society in the long run if not curbed at the earlier stage. This is Africa with its own peculiar culture.The constitution should be a reflection of the culture. NO CULTURE IN NIGERIA SUPPORTS GAY-MARRIAGE. How our families are managed determines what becomes of the society in the future. If each family is properly managed then the society will be a better place for us all. The bill has been passed. There is nothing you can do about it sir. if you talk from now till tomorrow,it doesnt change anything sir. That is the way we want it.

Spiritually, have you come to think of the reason why we have frequent cases of natural disaster in other continents and none in africa? The atrocities committed daily in some countries in the name of freedom is on the high side. This is the reason why God destroyed one generation in the bible and the quran and some people still have reasons  to support it. This is unimaginable.

Logically, the ratio of female child to male child is increasingly skewed in favour of female (recently 7:1). It will be a total selfishness for a rightful thinking person to support gay marriage. What happens to the excess number of women in the future. Prostitution? Idleness?. The professor should please look into the future or go back to school to learn that.

Thank you, this is the same way he did to pirates confraternity. Today so many precious lives of graduate and undergraduate has been destroyed because he didn't look into the future. Wether he supports it or not, does not make any meaning. For me prof needs to go back to 'school of moral' and learn what he refused to learn while growing up.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by gentmint(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2011
Whether we like it or not,d bill is going.But in this world there are 2 type of sociopolitical minds.The left wing liberals and d right wing cultural conservatives.Prof wole soyinka,president barrack obama,nelson mandella,bishop of capetown desmond tutu,and even the archbishop of the anglican church worldwide-the archbishop of cantebury re all liberals,and that comes with d perk of supporting the lesbian gay bisexual and trans community.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by benz33(m): 11:04am On Dec 19, 2011
Please friends is the Professor married or not, because i have never read a story about his wife or children, Confraternity is making dis man go Insane , with Respect
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by felifeli: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2011
Until we learn to call a spade a spade the world will never come to their senses. What is "gay" about two HOMO-S-E-X-U-AL men  S-H-A=G=G+ING one another in the anus , or two LES-BIAN women doing whatever it is they do in bed together ? And then then coming to us in public on the street and saying go f-uck yourselves. We should beat them up. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Lied, No One Fired At Him – Police / Oyegun Receives PDP Faction Into APC / Sani Mohammed: FG Lying About Boko Haram, Terrorists Controlling Territories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.