Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (22371 Views)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislators‘ Earnings With Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2011
Obi1kenobi:

Well, in that case, I hope you don't speak Western languages. I hope you don't watch Western movies and programming. I hope you've not recieved a Western education and neither would your children. I hope you never use or exploit Western technology (including browsing on nairaland). I hope you consume no Western products, including food and clothing. I hope you utilise no Western-influenced institutions including banks or following our constitution and government and practise of using currenc which are borrowed from the West. And finally, I hope you don't follow Western religions and gods or the Western literature that includes the modern Bible.

It's just amazing, not to mention amusing how we demonize Western culture while deludedly ascribing phony virtue to our Western-enslaved culture. Like I said before, some people are incapable of thinking for themselves and just vomit the same garbage everyone around them spits out.

Hopeless nation with hopeless citizens who deserve their hopeless leaders.
Hopeless nation with hopeless citizens who deserve their hopeless leaders

Including you abi? what a shameful reference
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by KnowAll(m): 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
Even Christian Abia State cannot stand the avaricious and amorous attitude of love peddlers in Umochia how much more Ga-y Parades and her other unpalatable investiture all displaying their wares on their street for the undiscerning minds.

Gay Parade
http://www.elciudadano.cl/2009/11/12/14142/gay-parade-chile-2009-este-sabado-14-en-paseo-bulnes-de-santiago/

ABIA State Government has ordered that LovePeddlers be chased away from the streets of Umuahia, the capital city.

Particularly, the government frowned on the situation where LovePeddlers loiter around Abia Tower, the main entrance to the state capital.

Worried by the activities of the women of easy virtue, the government, at its last Executive Council meeting, discussed the issue and decided that the women be chased away from the street, saying they were denting the image of the state.

At a briefing in Umuahia, Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Don Ubani, said the government was not happy with the activities of the LovePeddlers, hence the decision to order them off the streets.

Abia government also frowned at the illegal parking of vehicles, especially trailers, around the Abia Tower.

Ubani said: “Government decided that these ladies of easy virtue that loiter around the Abia Tower should be chased away from that vicinity by law enforcement agents in liaison with the Commissioner for Physical and Urban Renewal.

“The illegal parking of vehicles, especially trailers, around the Abia Tower is unacceptable and condemnable.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/abia-orders-sex-workers-off-streets
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by bukalence: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
trying to display intelligence,nonsense!
angry
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by aribisala0(m): 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
East:

no wonder i saw u sheeveeering in the winter like a lost n found. better return home than to try to reason like a westerner. you are nigerian for God's sake.
your mama!
Otu nnegi!
is that African enough?
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by success4(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
donedy:

Mugu, it's only a fool will debate or boast of where he/she lives. I don't need to prove that to  fool like you because whether I live in the State or Ajegunle has nothing to do with my Aptitude. LIke I said, you are the one that should do a research. Maybe that will help you get acquainted with Google. I don't meant looking at Wikipedia, but that's Ok if you are too dumb if you even know what Wikipedia is.

it is a general belief that people that live in the west should be more enlightened. But I can understand that you are there because of VISA LOTTERY!
Therefore, continue your slavery life!!!! grin grin grin Ignorance made a rat to call a cat to fight. Why did you quote me initially? A product of bad system
that lacks moral.

Check my post if I ever aspire any recognition on this faceless forum.You are the fool that is looking for recognistion cos you are less than a year on
this forum. Check the date I joined and compare to yours.

I have not time to attack people on this forum, but anyone who dares me, will be put to where he/she belongs. Kindly visit your doctor for
necessary check up, CRETIN of the year!
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Freiburger(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
The man is right. well, i do not expect anything less from animals who are paid to pass bills. angry
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by EvilBrain1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
Wole Soyinka is 100% right. And he didn't even mention the biggest problems with the bill:

1. It's essentially a sharia bill that imposes one group's religious beliefs on others.

2. It bill is completely unconstitutional because it attempts to strip a segment of the population (and not just gäys, by the way) of their fundamental rights of freedom of expression, freedom of association and the right to peaceful assembly.

3. It actually makes it a crime to lobby your senator/representative on issues relating to hömösexuals which goes against the basic concept of democracy. If people can go to prison simply for asking their reps to help solve their problems, can we really call ourselves a democracy?

I agree that the Senators need to go back to school, but they need to learn a lot more than the difference between public and private matters. Maybe the FG should organise teachers to read the constitution to them slowly in pidgin or their native tongues so that those rètards can understand their role and the limits of their power.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 12:12am On Dec 21, 2011
Evil Brain:

Wole Soyinka is 100% right. And he didn't even mention the biggest problems with the bill:

1. It's essentially a sharia bill that imposes one group's religious beliefs on others.

2. It bill is completely unconstitutional because it attempts to strip a segment of the population (and not just gäys, by the way) of their fundamental rights of freedom of expression, freedom of association and the right to peaceful assembly.

3. It actually makes it a crime to lobby your senator/representative on issues relating to hömösexuals which goes against the basic concept of democracy. If people can go to prison simply for asking their reps to help solve their problems, can we really call ourselves a democracy?

I agree that the Senators need to go back to school, but they need to learn a lot more than the difference between public and private matters. Maybe the FG should organise teachers to read the constitution to them slowly in pidgin or their native tongues so that those rètards can understand their role and the limits of their power.
you just wont stop spreading your hokum. It is obvious you are a g'ay and wont admit it.
How does the bill strip anyone else of thier rights?? You just want to force your depravity on others and make it look like any religion is pushing for the bill, typical antics of the g'ay movement, play the victim to get people's empathy and before they know it, they are turning their sons g'ay and forcing others to accept them against their will. I don't have to belong to any religion to hate the lifestyle of homosexuals, those promiscuos bunch. Freedom of association my butts, go and tell that to Americans that wont let a pro-polygamist association flourish in their country.
Continue with your propaganda you will only win homo'sexuals and closted s'ex pervs to your side, no right thinking Nigerian that knows his roots very well will even give you a glance let alone think about the nonsense you keep spewing. Even Wole Soyinka knows better than to give support for the government to let pervasion thrive in a country that is already laden with uncountable peoblems.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by EvilBrain1(m): 12:35am On Dec 21, 2011
@rhymz

Have you read the bill yet? It's obvious you haven't since you're clearly still ignorant about it's provisions. Why don't you try and study the subject matter a little so you'll have some idea of what you're talking about before you post.

Because believe me, you have no idea.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 1:51am On Dec 21, 2011
Evil Brain:

@rhymz

Have you read the bill yet? It's obvious you haven't since you're clearly still ignorant about it's provisions. Why don't you try and study the subject matter a little so you'll have some idea of what you're talking about before you post.

Because believe me, you have no idea.
You should know better than to downplay my knowledge of the bill as pedestrian, this is not the first time you have made disparaging remarks to make it seem like I don't know what I am talking about, but in all honesty, you know I argue from an informed standpoint and that is where you have a problem with my likes. I wont yield to browbeating, intimidation or even disparaging references jusdt so you can look like the informed one here. I have seen and studied the bill it is not rocket science, the stipulations are clear.
What I don't understance is your insistence to champion the cause of the h'omosexual community to the extent you create propagandist threads to hoodwink people into believing the Bill was uneccessary. You try to create an escape rout for the homose'xual cause by hiding behind their freedom to association to circumvent the unarguable need to ban marital union between two consenting g'ay men. I have consistently asked you to show me the sense in saying ok; "it is agreed that marriage is between a man and a woman and for that reason we can't accept gay marriage but we will have to give them their freedom to congregate to deliberate on how to get the government to upturn their ban on g'ay marriage, propagate themselves through propaganda depiction of the g'ay lifestyle as normal and healthy in comparison to heterosexual way of life and all that avenues that we all know give will on the nearest future give them power to propagate. I am all for freedom and shiiit but if it inimical to the sensibilities of our society, it must be legislated simple regardless of whether it affects their rights to talk about their sexual orientation in group and in public. Anyone can form an association the bill does not restrain you from that but if the association is about or for the promotion of homo'sexualism then automatically you lose that right, it is simple just like a gang of rubbers can gather so long as they aint gathering to plan a bank robbery you are within your right to exercise you freedon to associate. All these twisting of their rights will not suffice when push turns to shove.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by EvilBrain1(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2011
Oh, ggod. So you've read the bill. Now did you read the parts that presribed prison sentences for belonging to "gäy associations", or for participating in "gäy processions@
/demonstrations?" or from promoting/supporting "gäy causes"?
Do you know what freedom of expression means? Do you understand the importance of freedom of association? Do you know why it is crucial that all people have to right to peacefully protest in a democracy?

If you say you've studied the bill, yet you don't think it's unconstitutional, then you call into question your reasoning ability. Because, like you said, this stuff isn't rocket science.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2011
Evil Brain:

Oh, ggod. So you've read the bill. Now did you read the parts that presribed prison sentences for belonging to "gäy associations", or for participating in "gäy processions@
/demonstrations?" or from promoting/supporting "gäy causes"?
Do you know what freedom of expression means? Do you understand the importance of freedom of association? Do you know why it is crucial that all people have to right to peacefully protest in a democracy?

If you say you've studied the bill, yet you don't think it's unconstitutional, then you call into question your reasoning ability. Because, like you said, this stuff isn't rocket science.
why will any heterosexual male that is comfortable with his sexuality belong to a g'ay association or participate in a g'ay procession?? You are begining ro sound like a closeted homo trying to vent out. Why don't you just be true to yourself and stop talking in disguise.
I understand your freedom to express yourself has limits in practice and is prone to abuse when left in the hands of people like you to misinterpret. Keep lying to yourself.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2011
rhymz:

why will any heterosexual white male that is comfortable with his sexuality race belong to a g'ay black association or participate in a g'ay black procession?? You are begining ro sound like a closeted homo black man trying to vent out. Why don't you just be true to yourself and stop talking in disguise.
I understand your freedom to express yourself has limits in practice and is prone to abuse when left in the hands of people like you to misinterpret. Keep lying to yourself.

There you go.

Or maybe this will float your boat.

rhymz:

why will any heterosexual male that is comfortable with his sexuality gender belong to a g'ay women's rights association or participate in a g'ay women's procession?? You are begining ro sound like a closeted homo women trying to vent out. Why don't you just be true to yourself and stop talking in disguise.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by EvilBrain1(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2011
rhymz:

why will any heterosexual male that is comfortable with his sexuality belong to a g'ay association or participate in a g'ay procession?? You are begining ro sound like a closeted homo trying to vent out. Why don't you just be true to yourself and stop talking in disguise.

What if you have g@y friends or family members and you don't like seeing them get oppressed and mistreated? What if you work for an NGO that focuses on health problems in the g@y community e.g. HIV? What if you just feel like joining one because the constitution says you have the right to?

You keep saying that constitutional rights have limits "in practice" like a brainwashed North Korean. I wonder what you'll think when the National Assembly makes it a crime to criticize its members (because freedom of expression has limits)? Or when the PDP starts banning opposition parties for promoting h0m0sexuality?

If you really knew the implications of what you are saying, you wouldn't be saying it.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by DRANOEL(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2011
Evil Brain:

What if you have g@y friends or family members and you don't like seeing them get oppressed and mistreated? What if you work for an NGO that focuses on health problems in the g@y community e.g. HIV? What if you just feel like joining one because the constitution says you have the right to?

You keep saying that constitutional rights have limits "in practice" like a brainwashed North Korean. I wonder what you'll think when

without a doubt you are gay!!
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by argunguone(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2011
wole soyinka or what ever he's called I don't care; is a cultist and a runaway soldier(carward) and a philosopher who don't even have morals or ethics of religion or even the concept of GOD rigging in his head.

wole! you're the one that should go back to school not those you're refering to.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by vezycash(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
Guy wey get beef with another guy con kill am - na private matter right?
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
Evil Brain:

You keep saying that constitutional rights have limits "in practice" like a brainwashed North Korean. I wonder what you'll think when the National Assembly makes it a crime to criticize its members (because freedom of expression has limits)? Or when the PDP starts banning opposition parties for promoting h0m0sexuality?

If you really knew the implications of what you are saying, you wouldn't be saying it.
stop trying to paint stoopid pictures and clutching at straws. Unless you want to play dumb, your right to anything in this life is not absolute in itself, It is a known fact. Freedom of expression does not give your right to express every godamn weird thoughts that comes up in youe thick skull, gerrit now That is how limited your freedom can get if you tend to push it beyond its limits then you will be reminded that you are encroaching and overstretching your limits. Fortunately for us and undortunately for you the bill has only stated some of the limits to some of such weird sense of freedom rights.
And by the way are you going to respect the rights of the majority to outlaw any public display of homosexualism or its promotion in Nigeria?? Or don't we as well have a right to disagree with their lifestyle and make law to checkmate their spread?? And by the way, if the NA is going to make any law Nigerians will be involved and if they agree to such law, who are you to challenge it??
Stop trying to twist something as simple as we "don't recognize you" and "wont tolerate your habit either".
It is you who is deliberately trying to imply what the bill does not state.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
Idehn:

There you go.

Or maybe this will float your boat.

lol. . This dude is nutcase!! infact, you just murderd your own logic: like seriously why will a white man that is proud and confident being white want to join an association meant for only black people to further their cause?? Dont you see the folly in your own lame attempts Where are thesw intellectual cretins popping out from sef Na wa o
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Evansedos: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
rightiousness exalt a nation. zero tolerance for immorality, it is not wise to support same sex.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Ovamboland(m): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2011
rhymz:

lol. . This dude is nutcase!! infact, you just murderd your own logic: like seriously why will a white man  that is proud and confident being white want to join an association meant for only black people to further their cause?? Dont you see the folly in your own lame attempts Where are thesw intellectual cretins popping out from sef Na wa o

Are these the kind of people i share the same nationality with?! No wonder our country and it's leadership are this messed up. And this guy might end up to make laws for us with this kind of thinking intact  undecided cry

So William Wilberforce,  John Brown, Abraham Lincoln (that is if you know who they are) e.t.c must have lacked self confidence for speaking out against slavery when the majority were routing for it. And why did John Kennedy have to use Federal Marshals to enforce integration of blacks in public universities.
Mary Slessor was that silly white girl who stupidly came to disrupt and change our cherished culture of killing twins.

So because you're probably male you are precluded from championing the cause of widows
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by rhymz(m): 10:34am On Dec 30, 2011
Ovamboland:

Are these the kind of people i share the same nationality with?! No wonder our country and it's leadership are this messed up. And this guy might end up to make laws for us with this kind of thinking intact  undecided cry

So William Wilberforce,  John Brown, Abraham Lincoln (that is if you know who they are) e.t.c must have lacked self confidence for speaking out against slavery when the majority were routing for it. And why did John Kennedy have to use Federal Marshals to enforce integration of blacks in public universities.
Mary Slessor was that silly white girl who stupidly came to disrupt and change our cherished culture of killing twins.

So because you're probably male you are precluded from championing the cause of widows
You such an a$$hole that lacks the ability to make logical argument. These men you mentioned were never members of any association or group that promotes the cause of another race that is not theirs. There is a big difference between being sympathetic to a cause even if you are not a member of such a group and joining wholeheartedly a group that makes you look like a confused misfit. Was Abraham Lincoln a member of any of the black people movements that were canvanssing for civil rights for black people-the black panthers, black nationalist group and so on, it is like saying a pure bred caucasian can be a member of NAACP or that a negro can be a member of the KKK, dont you see how stewpid and illogical you sound. Just because I identify with widows does not mean I can be a member of their association, do you have brains at all?
If you have got nothing intelligent to post just shut it, I aint got time for very silly unintelligent borrowed points from a lameduck making attempts to sound smart.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TalkHoha: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
I used to have respect for Prof. Soyinka.  After reading of his advice to the lawmakers, my respect became adoration.  Here is a man, reputed to be robustly heterosexul (straight) who respects a different orientation from his.  If more people had that live and let live approach, we wouldn't have these bombings destroying our world.  Soyinka may not be a Christian, but he shows Christ-like inclusiveness and tolerance.  If you put a gay man in an all male institution (a prison) for 14 years, you'd be actively promoting gayness!  Soyinka has been a Professor of Comparative Literature.  No doubt he knows that much of the world's literary heritage is gay.  Many of Shakespeare's and Michelangelo's poetry, Walt Whitman, James Baldwin,  the list is endless.  Some people are gay.  The animal world gives abundant evidence.  That bill is foolish and futile.  There's been a lot said about reproduction.  For a start, the world's problem is over-population.  Secondly, many straight relationships are obviously based on contraception and abortion.  I wonder how many women have their reproductive organs destroyed from abortions, how many have actually died from septic abortions, all from straight relationships.  Prof. Soyinka is enlightend and humane.  It is nonsense that an individual can't be right and a community wrong.  In the time of Columbus, his community 'knew' that the world was flat.  He proved them wrong.  Mary Slessor opposed twin murder against an entire community's belief.  Prof, noble Nobel laureate, omo IJEGBA, Asiwaju, Ogbuefi, blessings.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by sirxris(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2012
My role model, Prof. Wole, is definitely so wrong on this. He failed wolfly on this cuz he din't philosophize strictly on it. If he had done, he would hv come 2 terms wit this simple syllogism: (1) a society based on unsound morality is doomed to anarchy; (2) gay marriage is overtly a very unsound morality (a fact wich he, Soyinka himself, would hardly differ with); (3) therefore, gay marriage if nt illegalised, would lead our society to a dense anarchy. Howeva, on his arguement dt it is nt a public affair, he has 2 duly undastand dt no person lives in isolation.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TalkHoha: 5:29pm On May 07, 2012
I wouldn't comment further on this issue if it wasn't so important. I believe Soyinka, and many intelligent people, have foresight. Gay people could marry the opposite sex and have wretched, sham marriages. Elton John and many other gays had conventional straight marriages and later ended them. Nature did not make everyone straight. Evidence abounds from history and the animal world. Live and let live. A society that approves of a man who could cause hundred abortions and ruin hundred women biologically yet condemns a man merely for loving another...I suppose the straight man who pays for hundred abortions is pro-family and pro-life? Enough of this wilful ignorance. Soyinka is hundred percent right, a hero for human rights and rationality.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by OK2NV3: 11:08pm On May 07, 2012
Soyinka is a house-trained Negro. He has nothing to offer other than his mastery of another Man's language. He portrays an image of a long suffering African ideologist but he is devoid of any form of ingenuity. The man is like a prized ape who has mastered literature and the white man can't help but show him off as some freak of nature. Now he has come out in support of his sodomite buddies and wants all of us to tag along because thats what his masters want of him and all of us.
Going back to who's school and over what? You want us to unlearn our culture and replace it with a sick and unnatural way of life?
Colonial mentality at its highest.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Dede1(m): 3:01am On May 08, 2012
I guess Wole is the person who needs to go back to whatever school he referenced in the alleged statement to the members of Nigerian National Assembly
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TalkHoha: 3:42pm On May 11, 2012
Wole Soyinka's sensible stance will save our children from suicide, our families avoidable heartbreak and disunity, and our country another brain drain. Over what? Over what people have as much choice over as their skin colour and gender. Could any one with some truthfulness living in Nigeria deny our lack of the necessities of life, most of which can be traced to corruption? How could sending gays to same-gender institutions (Prisons) end their natural orientation? If this bill is carried through and implemented, it will be the most effective device in promoting gayness since boarding schools. Let's have foresight. Wole Soyinka is obviously a well-exposed, well-read person. He may have encountered brilliant fellow Nigerians abroad, prevented from living in and contributing to our country because they can't be themselves in Nigeria. In any case, most heterosexual relationships are not aimed at procreation. They thrive on contraception. Women's reproductive organs are ruined and sometimes they lose their lives from inept abortions. Yet the men and women involved remember the Lord's laws when it comes to sexuality. Nature has majority and minority groups. My reading of history tells of innumerable great people, from Alexander the Great to the greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci, who were recognisably gay. It's probably true that most people who lit up the world in their fields were gay, whether declared or repressed. Soyinka is one of our reasons for pride in the world. Let's listen to him. I think he speaks from intelligence, not personal need. He is famous for being a ladies' man. Yet he is large-hearted enough to accept that people of a different orientation have a right to be. Long may you live Prof.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2012
Talk Hoha: Wole Soyinka's sensible stance will save our children from suicide, our families avoidable heartbreak and disunity, and our country another brain drain. Over what? Over what people have as much choice over as their skin colour and gender. Could any one with some truthfulness living in Nigeria deny our lack of the necessities of life, most of which can be traced to corruption? How could sending gays to same-gender institutions (Prisons) end their natural orientation? If this bill is carried through and implemented, it will be the most effective device in promoting gayness since boarding schools. Let's have foresight. Wole Soyinka is obviously a well-exposed, well-read person. He may have encountered brilliant fellow Nigerians abroad, prevented from living in and contributing to our country because they can't be themselves in Nigeria. In any case, most heterosexual relationships are not aimed at procreation. They thrive on contraception. Women's reproductive organs are ruined and sometimes they lose their lives from inept abortions. Yet the men and women involved remember the Lord's laws when it comes to sexuality. Nature has majority and minority groups. My reading of history tells of innumerable great people, from Alexander the Great to the greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci, who were recognisably gay. It's probably true that most people who lit up the world in their fields were gay, whether declared or repressed. Soyinka is one of our reasons for pride in the world. Let's listen to him. I think he speaks from intelligence, not personal need. He is famous for being a ladies' man. Yet he is large-hearted enough to accept that people of a different orientation have a right to be. Long may you live Prof.
agreed but T.I.A most people are simple minded
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by funmilicious: 10:27am On Jan 17, 2013
So much stupid talk by stupid people
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kufre2010(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
I do not agree with d prof on dis one. First of all any law that is against moral principles is not a gud law as all laws must b morally sound. Gay mariage is nt a private affairs but wil b a public ceremony either in the church or in court as d case may b. In dis case let consider what d next generatn of Nigeria wil b wit dis practice. We cannot allowed d interest of a few moraly derange individual 2 distroy d future of this country.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 1:45am On Jan 18, 2013
kufre2010: I do not agree with d prof on dis one. First of all any law that is against moral principles is not a gud law as all laws must b morally sound. Gay mariage is nt a private affairs but wil b a public ceremony either in the church or in court as d case may b. In dis case let consider what d next generatn of Nigeria wil b wit dis practice. We cannot allowed d interest of a few moraly derange individual 2 distroy d future of this country.
you got people butchering each other over religion, bombings, corruption everywhere, undeveloped infrastructure, people breeding like rabbits, discrimination, and you are worried about gays getting married? that's should be the leased of your worries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Man Disarmed Four Kidnappers / Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo / Buhari Was The Right Candidate To Beat PDP — TINUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.