Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (22119 Views)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislators‘ Earnings With Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by DonaldGenes(m): 5:48am On Jan 18, 2013
strangest: probably the professor is one of them.did he even think of the effect that such relationship will have on our children. the professor definitely need to go back to an informal school, mtsheww he just lost my respect for him. same thing happened when he formed the pyrates confraternity, he never gave it a second thought that it may disintegrate to what it is today. loads of students and properties already lost to what he initiated. he should stop thinking with his anus, mtsheww
Certainly I don't blame him,I think he is pregnant with archaic and useless ideas,sometimes speaking too much grammar is a chronic ailment on its own..He is a tosspot for supporting gay animals in form of humans
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mr Wole Soyinka you are wrong!! I am not a gay person, i have three children, boys to whom i will never again display public shows of affection towards in support of this anti gaylaw(un-vetted by any law society)I shall no longer kiss my infant son as i may be seen as one of the "demon gays" who is going to bring an end to the Earth with all their technology science and "evil decadent" modern Western ways, and i am happy for it.

I am also satisfied that the law also states that it will criminalize and jail anyone who defends or stands up for them as this means those gay demons will have no right to counsel as such counsel could go to jail for standing up for them in court if they lose their case....that right can be there for a murderer but the gay demons and their gay demon lovers? No way, they are worse than murderers and do not deserve such a right, forget human rights, and let us do the right thing here for posterity!!

I am terrified that their gay affections may lead to molten fire falling upon my head from the heavens as punishment from Jesus for failing to punish them harshly and cruelly enough as Jesus said we should, for them to suffer and see the error of their ways. We judge them, who does God think he is to judge them? We know better...I mean what if my children were turned gay by their gay ways and were raped by these criminals( as is happening in the decadent and dangerous western world, minus the bombings and kidnappings health and corruption and murder Nigeria is a much safer place for my children to grow up) because as we know only homosexuals can be sex offenders..i have never heard of a heterosexual rapist in my life!!. All gays are rapists and force themselves on their victims, is that not a fact? They must be destroyed, slaughtered to a man so that Nigeria can remain the pure country it has always been free from "evil western decadence", because it was never part of our culture..

I also just remembered...forget that my country is accused falsely of being one the most corrupt nations in the world( it is a lie, all our heterosexual brothers are without sin) I just remembered that as a Christian, it is wrong and a taboo and blasphemous for someone to say that Jesus was not the son of God but merely a prophet. We must now also jail Muslims for the cruel way in which they butcher their meat. Jesus will understand why we must now "punish" them for their "evil" and "un-Christian" ways....

I fear my Muslim brothers may now have to slaughter we good Christians as infidels for drinking wine and eating swine? We must kill you first....

lets have a civil war and through blood, carnage,and steel and pestilence, we shall see who is right because we cannot tolerate each others way of life anymore, because they are so offensive,and though the demon gays are in our culture now they were not in our culture in the old days when we only worshiped juju a good and honest religion....only our old culture (like juju) is permissible. I don't know, maybe we can learn to tolerate pagans and muslims to avoid war but we draw the line at gays, this is going too far!!

Although there was no written record in Nigeria of what we were doing in the old days, we know as a fact that there were no gays either...I can't prove it i can only feel it, and even though the "demon gays" are minding their business and doing it out of my sight i just know they are doing it somewhere using their own juju and disturbing my Fundamental right to practice my own peaceful form of juju and worship the god "sango" in peace, so they must face their nemesis and suffer the wrath of my righteous infliction of retribution personified in this case through my superior moral judgment as a Nigerian....But i think its okay to have premarital heterosexual sex because it doesn't spread AIDS at all, not the same way that two men kissing or living together could, that is far more dangerous....
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
kunwil: Mr Wole Soyinka you are wrong!! I am not a gay person, i have three children, boys to whom i will never again display public shows of affection towards in support of this anti gaylaw(un-vetted by any law society)I shall no longer kiss my infant son as i may be seen as one of the "demon gays" who is going to bring an end to the Earth with all their technology science and "evil decadent" modern Western ways, and i am happy for it.

I am also satisfied that the law also states that it will criminalize and jail anyone who defends or stands up for them as this means those gay demons will have no right to counsel as such counsel could go to jail for standing up for them in court if they lose their case....that right can be there for a murderer but the gay demons and their gay demon lovers? No way, they are worse than murderers and do not deserve such a right, forget human rights, and let us do the right thing here for posterity!!

I am terrified that their gay affections may lead to molten fire falling upon my head from the heavens as punishment from Jesus for failing to punish them harshly and cruelly enough as Jesus said we should, for them to suffer and see the error of their ways. We judge them, who does God think he is to judge them? We know better...I mean what if my children were turned gay by their gay ways and were raped by these criminals( as is happening in the decadent and dangerous western world, minus the bombings and kidnappings health and corruption and murder Nigeria is a much safer place for my children to grow up) because as we know only homosexuals can be sex offenders..i have never heard of a heterosexual rapist in my life!!. All gays are rapists and force themselves on their victims, is that not a fact? They must be destroyed, slaughtered to a man so that Nigeria can remain the pure country it has always been free from "evil western decadence", because it was never part of our culture..

I also just remembered...forget that my country is accused falsely of being one the most corrupt nations in the world( it is a lie, all our heterosexual brothers are without sin) I just remembered that as a Christian, it is wrong and a taboo and blasphemous for someone to say that Jesus was not the son of God but merely a prophet. We must now also jail Muslims for the cruel way in which they butcher their meat. Jesus will understand why we must now "punish" them for their "evil" and "un-Christian" ways....

I fear my Muslim brothers may now have to slaughter we good Christians as infidels for drinking wine and eating swine? We must kill you first....

lets have a civil war and through blood, carnage,and steel and pestilence, we shall see who is right because we cannot tolerate each others way of life anymore, because they are so offensive,and though the demon gays are in our culture now they were not in our culture in the old days when we only worshiped juju a good and honest religion....only our old culture (like juju) is permissible. I don't know, maybe we can learn to tolerate pagans and muslims to avoid war but we draw the line at gays, this is going too far!!

Although there was no written record in Nigeria of what we were doing in the old days, we know as a fact that there were no gays either...I can't prove it i can only feel it, and even though the "demon gays" are minding their business and doing it out of my sight i just know they are doing it somewhere using their own juju and disturbing my Fundamental right to practice my own peaceful form of juju and worship the god "sango" in peace, so they must face their nemesis and suffer the wrath of my righteous infliction of retribution personified in this case through my superior moral judgment as a Nigerian....But i think its okay to have premarital heterosexual sex because it doesn't spread AIDS at all, not the same way that two men kissing or living together could, that is far more dangerous....
is this a joke? and if it is not i can see why Africa fails
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
All the gays in naija shud be arraign and burn them to ashes . Thunder fire them and those of their suporters
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by BeraBera(f): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
strangest: ^today it may be PRIVATE in their bedrooms but tomorrow they will start looking for churches that will wed them and it will be PUBLIC. Then our kids will want to learn from them. Stopping it at the nick of the bud is one of the best thing that has ever happened to this country and if anyone see it differently he is supporting them. Professor just talked poo.

Do not mind the man and those supporting him on this issue. I used to have respect for him. He forgot that once you give those psychologically challenged set of people, any little opportunity, they will surely turn it not a public affair, creating eyesores in public places. It's better the way they've been subjected to the hide-and-seek game. We don't need public display of gay/lesbian practices in our society. We already have enough evil and moral decadence on our hands to correct.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by pazienza(m): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
TerryCarr:

Can't you recognize sarcasm when you see one?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by pazienza(m): 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
kunwil: Mr Wole Soyinka you are wrong!! I am not a gay person, i have three children, boys to whom i will never again display public shows of affection towards in support of this anti gaylaw(un-vetted by any law society)I shall no longer kiss my infant son as i may be seen as one of the "demon gays" who is going to bring an end to the Earth with all their technology science and "evil decadent" modern Western ways, and i am happy for it.

Well said, sarcasm at it's peak.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
pazienza:

Can't you recognize sarcasm when you see one?
i was thinking poe's law
The core idea of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme can be mistaken for the real thing, and if a real thing sounds extreme enough, it can be mistaken for a parody
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Horus(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
These Nigerian legislators have skeletons in their closets. I mean skeletons the size of dinosaur bones, yet they want
to know what other peoples do in their bedrooms.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by jookco(m): 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Soyinka is wrong
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by LordStv: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ahoy!ameci
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by pazienza(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2013
TerryCarr: i was thinking poe's law

Just hearing of poe's law for the first time. Nairaland is a good place to be. I get your point.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 2:19am On Jun 22, 2013
Ola one: The prof is right. Nigerian Legislators are simply useless.

What is their problem with people's private lives?

What is their problem if some men choose to become pillow biters?

It isn't their problem. As far as I am concerned, it means nothing.

They said it's a foreign thing. I am sorry because everything we know in Africa is foreign. Islam is foreign. Christianity is foreign.

We accepted them because they kill our forefathers. They basically forced them. As a result, we are now Christians/Muslims.

May be the US needs to drop one or 2 drones, and we will adopt it as well. It is our way. . . we yield to super powers.
It's you and your prof that's useless and need to go back to school. The bill isn't about what you do in private, it's about public life. Please tell me, is there anything private or hidden about two men or women living together as couples? The bill is against "same sex marriage" and as such, you can do it in private as long as no one knows about it. We, Nigerians, say NO to two people of same sex going to church, mosque or anywhere for that matter, to get married....do you get my drift, Mr Gay One? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by dinachi(m): 6:50am On Jun 22, 2013
Wole Soyinka the relic! This man is out of touch with reality on this one! Giving gay practisioners recognition will encourage other intimate deviants to demand public approval. What will happen the day a brother and a sister by blood both adults decide to get married? What valid arguements will stop them? Prof U goofed big time on this one! We need to be carefull what we support.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by phillippiano(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2013
He must b a gay.....
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by oniconx: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2013
nwekesimon68: All the gays in naija shud be arraign and burn them to ashes . Thunder fire them and those of their suporters
U are wrong .Just because you and I are lucky not to be are lucky not to be born gay does not make us better human beings tban them.Imagine your boko aramist judgement of burning a human being.U are a devil worst than gay.
dinachi: Wole Soyinka the relic! This man is out of touch with reality on this one! Giving gay practisioners recognition will encourage other intimate deviants to demand public approval. What will happen the day a brother and a sister by blood both adults decide to get married? What valid arguements will stop them? Prof U goofed big time on this one! We need to be carefull what we support.
dinachi: Wole Soyinka the relic! This man is out of touch with reality on this one! Giving gay practisioners recognition will encourage other intimate deviants to demand public approval. What will happen the day a brother and a sister by blood both adults decide to get married? What valid arguements will stop them? Prof U goofed big time on this one! We need to be carefull what we support.
Talk Hoha: I wouldn't comment further on this issue if it wasn't so important. I believe Soyinka, and many intelligent people, have foresight. Gay people could marry the opposite sex and have wretched, sham marriages. Elton John and many other gays had conventional straight marriages and later ended them. Nature did not make everyone straight. Evidence abounds from history and the animal world. Live and let live. A society that approves of a man who could cause hundred abortions and ruin hundred women biologically yet condemns a man merely for loving another...I suppose the straight man who pays for hundred abortions is pro-family and pro-life? Enough of this wilful ignorance. Soyinka is hundred percent right, a hero for human rights and rationality.
ignoramus.many of u .shallow thinkings. Gays orientation though abnormal is natural just like some men like sleeping with more than a woman to satisfy their libido.Do you kill such polygamist men because the bible say god created only one Eve for Adam.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by oniconx: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2013
enigma_otr:
It's you and your prof that's useless and need to go back to school. The bill isn't about what you do in private, it's about public life. Please tell me, is there anything private or hidden about two men or women living together as couples? The bill is against "same sex marriage" and as such, you can do it in private as long as no one knows about it. We, Nigerians, say NO to two people of same sex going to church, mosque or anywhere for that matter, to get married....do you get my drift, Mr Gay One? cheesy cheesy cheesy
hypocrites.do u think u a better human being becos you don't have a gay label. heaven would judge u mr wordly judge
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by oniconx: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2013
enigma_otr:
It's you and your prof that's useless and need to go back to school. The bill isn't about what you do in private, it's about public life. Please tell me, is there anything private or hidden about two men or women living together as couples? The bill is against "same sex marriage" and as such, you can do it in private as long as no one knows about it. We, Nigerians, say NO to two people of same sex going to church, mosque or anywhere for that matter, to get married....does you get my drift, Mr Gay One? cheesy cheesy cheesy
yes we got u. You are drifting back to stone age thinking.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by oniconx: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2013
we meed to be careful with what we don't support because of self iudgement.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
oniconx: hypocrites.do u think u a better human being becos you don't have a gay label. heaven would judge u mr wordly judge
We must judge you gays before we all suffer heaven's judgement because of your gay immorality. Just keep your activities in your bedroom-out of public sight and knowledge-if not, be ready to go and cool your heels in jail. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
oniconx: yes we got u. You are drifting back to stone age thinking.
Go and hug transformer, "civilised" mr gay oniconx.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 2:32am On Jun 23, 2013
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2013
oniconx: hypocrites.do u think u a better human being becos you don't have a gay label. heaven would judge u mr wordly judge
The bill about about same sex marriage, is not the bill we are talking about,it is the criminalization of any affectionate behaviour between two members of the opposite sex, such as two men living together or public displays of affection between two members of the opposite sex, so in theory this could include a man kissing his baby son, this is why soyinka said they should go back to school not just because it is a bad law,
but also because it is a bad law badly drafted...
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 11:45am On Jun 24, 2013
TerryCarr:
I was being sarcastic...
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
enigma_otr:

in the 1950's when some white people stood up to defend black peoples' rights they were called "nigger lovers" much in the same way as you refer to "mr gay one". You need to read the bill and understand that it is the criminalization of a way of life for this people who are not strong enough to defend themselves like pagans or muslims which is why we have a Constitution to protect the weak from the strong. You do not have to approve of homosexuality, just like you do not have to approve of your wife cheating on you, which may be wrong but is not a criminal offence. Homosexuality has always existed in every society from time immemorial , even in different species of animals it exists.In fact up till the 1970's it was considered in the Western world to be an illness. Be careful not to accept this law or you will find it can become an excuse for legislators to start making other laws challenging fundamental rights which may be closer to home. If you were a lawyer( a good one) you would see how potentially dangerous this piece of legislation could be as it seriously seeks to challenge the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
oniconx: we meed to be careful with what we don't support because of self iudgment.

@Dinachi and Enigma,I honestly think YOU need to go back to school and i do not mean it as an insult because you need to learn about how the ancient Egyptians ("AFRICANS"!!) practiced incest in their royal families for hundreds of years even before the west became civilized,(before ancient Greece and ancient Rome, when oyinbo people were still living in caves) even though these Egyptians(Africans) did not approve of homosexuality in their culture. Only the ancient Greeks approved of homosexuality in their culture and they did not practice incest as a state permitted act in their royal families.

You would have to "go to school" to learn all this as i for one cannot spend a lifetime teaching you the many lessons about history and ancient history,(subjects in which you are clearly lacking) and the details are too much for you to simply "Google" it. Go and read your books and learn more before you make such comments. I cannot help you because I am not the "Jackass Whisperer"!!...

And yet you want to compete in an intellectual argument with Wole Soyinka, a poet laureate, a National treasure, one of the few Nigerians to contribute to the progress of the human race!! This is the person you want to tell to go back to school!! Mad people, insane people, village idiots and the like, do not care what the world thinks about them , what do you think the world thinks about you and your comments?? You don't care?? Why wouldn't i be surprised!!..... What have you achieved in your lives that make your opinions tenable as a valuable contribution to the human race, that even allows you, on this planet(yes this planet!!) we call Earth, to begin to delude yourselves into attempting to imagine in your own tiny little worlds that it even possible to even begin to endeavor to contemplate a comparison of yourself to him intellectually, on any level of your imagination however challenged you may be?? Are you even his age mate?? ...Am I to take your opinion over that of a Nobel prize winner as the more civilized? What does the word "civilized" even mean to you?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Also Nigeria is not made up of just Muslims and Christians!!...what of the millions of Nigerians who are a part of the 200 pagan religious groups of whom you know NOTHING about and their pagan rituals, which also involve idolatry and worship of other gods? what do we do with them as their practices are also taboo, to Muslims and Christians, or do you lack the academic capacity to have an opinion about that at all? Hitherto, the Constitution protects them because otherwise they would present an immorality so abhorrent that as Christians and Muslims we would have to do something about them. Do we jail those hundreds of millions of people? Nigeria is much more than just your tiny little version of the world which you think you understand.

It is also unfortunate that you need to start labelling people as "Mr gay one" for having an opinion different to yours. It shows a lack of maturity and that you should not be taken seriously or intellectually...
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Terminator007: 12:48am On Jun 25, 2013
The fact that this is coming from wole soyinka does not make it right. It will be totally fallacious for any human to think that way.I think the law of diminishing return has started setting in for the man. If not he ought to know that gay marriage will definitely have a multiplier effect on the society in the long run if not curbed at the earlier stage. This is Africa with its own peculiar culture.The constitution should be a reflection of the culture. NO CULTURE IN NIGERIA SUPPORTS GAY-MARRIAGE. How our families are managed determines what becomes of the society in the future. If each family is properly managed then the society will be a better place for us all. The bill has been passed. There is nothing you can do about it sir. if you talk from now till tomorrow,it doesnt change anything sir. That is the way we want it.

Spiritually, have you come to think of the reason why we have frequent cases of natural disaster in other continents and none in africa? The atrocities committed daily in some countries in the name of freedom is on the high side. This is the reason why God destroyed one generation in the bible and the quran and some people still have reasons to support it. This is unimaginable.

Logically, the ratio of female child to male child is increasingly skewed in favour of female (recently 7:1). It will be a total selfishness for a rightful thinking person to support gay marriage. What happens to the excess number of women in the future. Prostitution? Idleness?. The professor should please look into the future or go back to school to learn that.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 3:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Terminator007: The fact that this is coming from wole soyinka does not make it right. It will be totally fallacious for any human to think that way.I think the law of diminishing return has started setting in for the man. If not he ought to know that gay marriage will definitely have a multiplier effect on the society in the long run if not curbed at the earlier stage. This is Africa with its own peculiar culture.The constitution should be a reflection of the culture. NO CULTURE IN NIGERIA SUPPORTS GAY-MARRIAGE. How our families are managed determines what becomes of the society in the future. If each family is properly managed then the society will be a better place for us all. The bill has been passed. There is nothing you can do about it sir. if you talk from now till tomorrow,it doesnt change anything sir. That is the way we want it.

Spiritually, have you come to think of the reason why we have frequent cases of natural disaster in other continents and none in africa? The atrocities committed daily in some countries in the name of freedom is on the high side. This is the reason why God destroyed one generation in the bible and the quran and some people still have reasons to support it. This is unimaginable.

Logically, the ratio of female child to male child is increasingly skewed in favour of female (recently 7:1). It will be a total selfishness for a rightful thinking person to support gay marriage. What happens to the excess number of women in the future. Prostitution? Idleness?. The professor should please look into the future or go back to school to learn that.
Africans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1hqkV-6to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr-OiED338

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOgUjMcQWk
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 25, 2013
Thank you professor.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Ferdinandu(m): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2013
At every particular time in the history of man,one thing or another will always be a thing of controversy of whether it is right or wrong,moral or not moral.There was a time when a man will take a fellow man in bondage and call him a slave because he feel superior to the person,everybody supported the institution both christian and Islam,Atheist,and what have you .The bible and Koran supported it up till now, that verses that supported Slavery have not changed in the Bible .A country like America went to civil war because of opposing views about slavery but at the end of the day common sense prevail. The Idea of Slavery in the Modern time is now one of the highest evil a human being will commit against another.There was a time when it was an abomination for Women to speak in a public place like church even the bible supported it but today we have great female Pastors and evangelist.There are quite a lot of things that are regarded as evil in old but today you dare not think of that.I'm sure the issue of Homo-sexuality will be resolved with time .I am not surprised at the passionate of views of the opposing sides on the issue,because it will take quite a long time to come to one stand on the issue but I'm sure after sometime common sense will prevail.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2013
The problem of our youths is their lack of reasoning. Instead of digesting Wole Soyinka's stand, and base their argument, whether in support or against, on it, they resorted to be abusing him. I will advise you read his essay, "Sexual Minority and Legislative Zealotry." His argument is that there is no sense in our legislators basing the argument on same-sex relationship being immoral in our religions. What is moral in a muslim senator that married an under age girl? What is moral in 'our' religion arming youths to attack defenceless people? What is moral in adherents of our religions embezzling billions and then go to imams and pastors who bless?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2013
kunwil:
@Dinachi and Enigma,I honestly think YOU need to go back to school and i do not mean it as an insult because you need to learn about how the ancient Egyptians ("AFRICANS"!!) practiced incest in their royal families for hundreds of years even before the west became civilized,(before ancient Greece and ancient Rome, when oyinbo people were still living in caves) even though these Egyptians(Africans) did not approve of homosexuality in their culture. Only the ancient Greeks approved of homosexuality in their culture and they did not practice incest as a state permitted act in their royal families.

You would have to "go to school" to learn all this as i for one cannot spend a lifetime teaching you the many lessons about history and ancient history,(subjects in which you are clearly lacking) and the details are too much for you to simply "Google" it. Go and read your books and learn more before you make such comments. I cannot help you because I am not the "Jackass Whisperer"!!...

And yet you want to compete in an intellectual argument with Wole Soyinka, a poet laureate, a National treasure, one of the few Nigerians to contribute to the progress of the human race!! This is the person you want to tell to go back to school!! Mad people, insane people, village idiots and the like, do not care what the world thinks about them , what do you think the world thinks about you and your comments?? You don't care?? Why wouldn't i be surprised!!..... What have you achieved in your lives that make your opinions tenable as a valuable contribution to the human race, that even allows you, on this planet(yes this planet!!) we call Earth, to begin to delude yourselves into attempting to imagine in your own tiny little worlds that it even possible to even begin to endeavor to contemplate a comparison of yourself to him intellectually, on any level of your imagination however challenged you may be?? Are you even his age mate?? ...Am I to take your opinion over that of a Nobel prize winner as the more civilized? What does the word "civilized" even mean to you?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Also Nigeria is not made up of just Muslims and Christians!!...what of the millions of Nigerians who are a part of the 200 pagan religious groups of whom you know NOTHING about and their pagan rituals, which also involve idolatry and worship of other gods? what do we do with them as their practices are also taboo, to Muslims and Christians, or do you lack the academic capacity to have an opinion about that at all? Hitherto, the Constitution protects them because otherwise they would present an immorality so abhorrent that as Christians and Muslims we would have to do something about them. Do we jail those hundreds of millions of people? Nigeria is much more than just your tiny little version of the world which you think you understand.

It is also unfortunate that you need to start labelling people as "Mr gay one" for having an opinion different to yours. It shows a lack of maturity and that you should not be taken seriously or intellectually...
What's this one talking about? What do you think you know that i don't know? So to your deluded self, i don't know anything about ancient egypt and greece? I don't blame you.
In case you don't know, Gay sex has been banned in Nigeria, since colonial rule by the British. What has the Federal Government done? They only legislate against the public show of homosexualism and any amorous clubs and organisations, because they don't want this social and moral menace to be known to those who don't know. The professor is talking about bedroom and privacy, but this bill is all about public life. See what the bill entails:
*make a marriage contract or civil union entered into between persons of the same sex "invalid and illegal and ... not recognized as entitled to the benefits of a valid marriage"
*make void and unenforceable in Nigeria marriage contract or civil union entered into between persons of the same sex by virtue of a certificate issued by a foreign country
*prohibit the solemnization of any marriage or civil union entered into between persons of the same sex "in any place of worship either Church or Mosque or any other place or whatsoever called in Nigeria"
*prohibit the registration of "gay clubs, societies and organisations, their sustenance, processions and meetings"
*prohibit the "public show of same sex amorous relationship directly or indirectly"
*make a person who enters into a same sex marriage contract or civil union liable for 14 years' imprisonment
*make a person who "registers, operates or participates in gay clubs, societies and organisation, or directly or indirectly make public show of same sex amorous relationship in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment
*make a person or group of persons that"witness, abet and aids the solemnization of a same sex marriage or civil union, or supports the registration, operation and sustenance of gay clubs, societies, organisations, processions or meetings in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment
*define "civil union" for purposes of this law to mean "any arrangement between persons of the same sex to live together as sex partners, and ... include such descriptions as adult independent relationships, caring partnerships, civil partnerships, civil solidarity pacts, domestic partnerships, reciprocal beneficiary relationships, registered partnerships, significant relationships, stable unions, etc.". I don't know if this's too hard for you and your professor to comprehend, because i can't find where the bill is stopping two people of the same sex doing their things in their bedroom. We just don't want to know.
What i want you to understand is that, anywhere there is law, human rights are limited. You don't have the right to do what the law oppose. The US law prohibits inbreeding, and they're taking about human rights. Are people no longer free to do whatever they like? If it is my fundamental human right to marry a fellow man, even my brother, why not my sister? Some gays are even adopting other people's children. What hypocrisy?
The freedom of association and assembly that enabled your All-knowing-Professor to create the pyrates confraternity has led to continual lose of many lives and properties by violent secret cults in our university. We don't want to take another chance just because the prof says it's ok.
If i can disagree and argue with professor of high repute while in school on issues relating to my course of study, why should i agree on everything wole soyinka says even when it's not related to his field.And if you think everybody feels inferior at the sight of professors and sees them as infallible, then i can't help you. May be you think everybody is a none entity. Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion / Otobong Ndem Decamps From PDP To APC In Akwa Ibom (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.