Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (19010 Views)

Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ektbear: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
Abagworo: In the Willinks report of the 50s, the authors claimed roughly equal # of Christians and Muslims Yoruba in the Western Region.

Granted, things may have changed. But I don't think Yoruba are lopsided in one direction or another.

Regarding Lagos specifically, the indigenes seem to tilt towards Islam. But not all the Yoruba in Lagos are indigenes, nor is it an Islamic state, either in theory or in practice.

In any case, I'm not sure that is an issue.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
Civil war between who and who?

Musliam v Xtian?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ektbear: 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2012
Abagworo. If it is poverty alone that is the issue, why is the rest of West Africa (which is poorer on average than Nigeria) not being torn apart by ethnic strife and Islamic terrorism?

Your answer is too simplistic.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by efisher(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
If it were poverty or illiteracy, why did that slowpoke Abdulmutallab do what he did?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2012
I laugh at people calling for southern Nigeria like it wont be the same as this Nigeria we are in now lool. In fact Im happy let us have our arewa. Why should I even worry about your Southern Nigeria. Seems to me its the SE people calling for southern Nigeria by force anyway.

At least 50 people were killed in clashes between rival ethnic groups in the state of Ebonyi in south-eastern Nigeria.

Police and security forces have been sent to the area after the violence flared up following a long-running land dispute between the Ezza and Ezilo peoples.

It comes at a time when President Goodluck Jonathan has already declared a state of emergency in response to violence in the north of the country carried out by the Islamist group Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16388268

a dawo lafiya kawai  cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by efisher(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
We can no longer live in denial. We are already descending a slippery slope. Northerners have embarked on mass exodus from the SS and SE. Southerners have embarked on their own exodus from the North. Bad blood brews in the NC. Tempers flare day in day out. Threats are issued by various groups by the minute. Worst of all, bombings and killings have already begun in several places the north (Niger State, Abuja, Maiduguri, Yola) and hitherto quiet places eg Benin, Warri & Sapele in the SS.

It's a chain reaction and it's already set in motion. We are either in for another minimum of 100 yrs of violence living together or a few years of struggle to go our separate ways.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by 2mch(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
Who will be the president in Southern Nigeria? Jonathan ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
We taking all the sharia states plus North Adamawa and North Taraba. Rest can decide if they want to join Biafra or Odua or make their own republic.  cool cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Kapardanie(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]Soyinka with all his partiality might be right,but who is pushing the nation to that ugly end? Close your eyes and think without religion or rigional sentiments, The anwser is "EVENTUAL BADLUCK JACK", His utterances and actions since he became the president corroborate this.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2012
A yoruba man said what cowards are scared to say
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Abagworo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why is it that we never have Christian Muslim wars in Yorubaland? I believe Yorubas retained their deep rooted tradition despite the coming of Islam and Christianity.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
Kapardanie:

[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]Soyinka with all his partiality might be right,but who is pushing the nation to that ugly end? Close your eyes and think without religion or rigional sentiments,  The anwser  is "EVENTUAL BADLUCK JACK", His utterances and actions since he became the president corroborate this.

Everbody knows its GEJ and PDP. Fools will say its muslims when it suits or Hausa/Fulani when it suits. Let them have their Fisherman na by force?  cool

Boko Haram is a myth nobody knows who they are. Well GEJ + PDP do but GEJ is 'slow to react' for a reason  cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
@beaf, funny enough me and you go be country men.

But then na me go finally drown you.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
As an Igbo man I will definitely prefer an Igbo-only country. We have all we need to make it.
The farthest I can go is the old eastern region (for those of them WILLING, no compulsion)
I have zero preference for a southern Nigeria that includes Yorubas. Their wahala too much.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by namfav(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
i have my gun. why are these so called smart people obsess with war when they are in the uk or at the comfort of the internet if you want war start bringing to those you have problems with, i don't want war in fact i am scared of the prospect really scared but not do scared to run away everything is ready, for peace or war
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by PointB: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
DanKano, pls you can have all your sharia states and the other parts of states you coveted. We just want peace in our own part of the world - deviod of sharia and its baggage!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

As an Igbo man I will definitely prefer an Igbo-only country. We have all we need to make it.

Its the best way if split occurs. However we cant have every single group calling for his own country. For example a country called middle belt would be just like Nigeria really.

However split/federalism wont happen actually nothing will change in Naija till PDP is removed one way or another   cool cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
DanKan0:

Its the best way if split occurs. However we cant have every single group calling for his own country. For example a country called middle belt would be just like Nigeria really.

However split/federalism wont happen actually nothing will change in Naija till PDP is removed one way or another   cool cool

You can have the middle belt. We just want our own country.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
namfav:

i have my gun. why are these so called smart people obsess with war when they are in the uk or at the comfort of the internet if you want war start bringing to those you have problems with, i don't want war in fact i am scared of the prospect really scared but not do scared to run away everything is ready, for peace or war

shi ne abun kowa wai yaki yaki duk masorata ne kuma ba su san yakin gaske ba abun so ne ba.  cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2012
At least all non SWesterners can leave our region for us and let them go and develop their erosion wasted heartland
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

The farthest I can go is the old eastern region (for those of them WILLING, no compulsion)
I have zero preference for a southern Nigeria that includes Yorubas. Their wahala too much.

cool cool. GBAM
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2012
when is this division happening? please i can't wait
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Then leave?

No preference for the Yorubas

when we stopped feeding you, that's when the war stopped LOL.

Since you can make it on your own, abeg leave and stop making noise.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
dayokanu:

At least all non SWesterners can leave our region for us and let them go and develop their erosion wasted heartland

Was that not what we wanted 40 or so years ago? Why did you join in stopping us?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Then leave?

No preference for the Yorubas

when we stopped feeding you, that's when the war stopped LOL.

Since you can make it on your own, abeg leave and stop making noise.

Who do you feed? Are you okay?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by DanKan0: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
dayokanu:

lol you wont give them visa?  cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Abagworo(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

Guy the only way we can have peaceful division is by having an all inclusive South. Your entirely Igbo country will not work because under the new country, we will discover our ethnic differences and the Nigera situation will start over again which will lead to demand by some for their own country.

The SS/SE/SW have all it takes to be successful. My only fear is the Middlebelt which is a volatile region like Kashmir.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by archive(f): 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily say we were heading towards a civil war - something needs to be done about the state of the country, and finally we're seeing some action. We're not sure how it's going to end but the fear of an outright civil war should never be the reason why a regime, such as the one we've got now, should stay in power.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
abagworo you are so wrong.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2012
we want total disintegration so that everybody will try his luck feeding himself first. if you fail to feed yourself, then your neighbor should colonize you and feed you
next time you won't make too much noise
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by muyoto: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2012
All those calling for a breakup of the country. . .be careful of what you wish for. that's all I can say.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2012
aboki should have been colonized since!
wetin dem go take feed themselves? abi na camel dung?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha / "You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / Take Me To Court, Bode George Dares Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.