Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,041 members, 7,825,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (19013 Views)

Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by naijaswiss(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
Every body shouting Nigeria should break is fc.king stupid,
1.) do you know how devastating the outcome could me?
2.) how much blood will be spilled with all the different tribes ,regions etc in Nigeria attacking one anouther ?
3.) most of you are in diaspora yelling that nonsense /ishh . don't you know that ,that your favourite uncle or friend could be the one catching a stray bullet? And
4.) on a different note don't you know this is what the Nigerian 'elite' and the west want ?, the point is to cause confusion , unrest ,tension and would love to see a civil war so they can profit of us even more And you think the U.S predicting the disintegration of Nigeria by 2015 is a fc.king coincidence? think again.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by nagoma(m): 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
Have you lived or spent time in the North? If you did, you would know that the Northern Muslims hate their Yoruba counterparts with PASSION and call them baerebe( meaning Fake Muslims in Hausa). Do you understand in most cases, Yoruba and Hausa's worship separately? In fact, they don't spare Yoruba Muslims in crises.

@Olodostein

I don't know what Olodo means but you are a self confessed OLODO! You are an ignorant person trying to teach the unenlightened. So "Bayerebe" in your hausa dictionary meaans - Fake Muslim? How far will you guys go in ensuring that hatred is escalated and maintained?  My elementary knowledge of the Hausa grammar tells me that Bayerebe = Yorubaman just as Balarabe = Arab man, Bafillache = Fulani man, Bagobiri =Gobir man, Bahaushe = Hausa man and Bature = European (because Turai means europe in hausa so a person from Turai is called Bature) and so on---where did fake muslim come into this?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Was Alimi a ruler, apart from being powerful? Was he fulani?

Alimi was a Fulani scholar who was well traveled within Yorubaland before settling at Ilorin after invitation from Afonja. His son Abdulsalam became emir after Afonja was killed.

exotik:

could be the reason why he was eliminated.

He was eliminated because of the covert Fulani plan to take over Ilorin without waging war. The Fulani needed an outpost in Yorubaland from which they could conquer Yorubaland like they did to Hausaland. Solagberu who was the leader of the Yoruba Muslims from Oke Suna was also killed even though he had aligned with Abdulsalam and had equally turned his back on Afonja. Although Solagberu was killed because Abdulsalam thought that the Onikoyi of Ikoyi had submitted to his rule while Solagberu, Timi of Ede, and Toyeje the Kakanfo had laid seige at Ikoyi. At the end of the day, it wasn't about religion; it was about the Fulani need for power.

exotik:

so how do u seperate religion from culture?

Heading out shortly, will be back to answer this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by kizito96(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
I disagree
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ACM10: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
naijaswiss:

Every body shouting Nigeria should break is fc.king silly,
1.) do you know how devastating the outcome could me?
2.) how much blood will be spilled with all the different tribes ,regions etc  in Nigeria attacking one anouther  ?
3.)  most of you are in diaspora yelling that nonsense /ishh . don't you know that ,that your favourite uncle or  friend could be the one catching a stray bullet? And
4.)  on a different note don't you know this is what the Nigerian 'elite'  and the west want ?,  the point is to cause confusion , unrest ,tension and would love to see a civil war so they can profit of us even more And you think the U.S predicting the disintegration of Nigeria by 2015 is a fc.king coincidence? think again.

It's the choice of nigerians to split peacefully(Soviet-style) or to split violently(Yugoslavia-style). I would prefer peaceful separation or we negotiate the basis of living as one country.

Oops, we are spilling so much blood already in this phantom unity and stop deceiving yourself, nigerians are fighting an undeclared war. More blood are spilled in nigeria each year than in some war-torn countries.

Never mind, any of my relation, me or my tribesmen or yours can still fall casualty whether we are at war or in this phantom unity
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by kl2020: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
i'm in my kitchen waiting for my AK 47 and RPG, i will fight to the end
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by KINGwax(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
umechuma:

It is better to trust your dog than trust a Yoruba man.A word is good enough for the wise
umechuma:

It is better to trust your dog than trust a Yoruba man.A word is good enough for the wise
yeah, that's because you dog will obey your ill-command while i yoruba man will counter it with an intelligent question of 'why'. A question you idio.ts has all manners of wrong-end answers to.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by caye(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
My mum once told me that a lecturer of hers who was an Hausa man declared during lecture that IF HATED YORUBAS But didn't know why. This is to show you the level of hatred- and we are still talking of an educated man that was supposed to know better. Try and imagine what goes on in the mind of the complete illiterate.

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by caye(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2012
My mum once told me that a lecturer of hers who was an Hausa man declared during lecture that IF HATED YORUBAS But didn't know why. This is to show you the level of hatred- and we are still talking of an educated man that was supposed to know better. Try and imagine what goes on in the mind of the complete illiterate.

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Myself2(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
Thank you occult grandmaster for informing us,you will be dissppointed
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by nagoma(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
@caye
Never mind what your mum was told whether it was in a lecture or in private . We are witnesses to hatred here on Nairaland and we know there is mutual hatred among all, we even hate ourselves.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by eaxes: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2012
something tells me the whole crisis in Nigeria with respect to Boko haram is been funded and orchestrated by outside forces. The situation in Nigeria bears similar resemblance with what has happened in other countries like sudan.
This is just text book divide and conquer playing out in Nigeria.
People have to realise that there is a cold war going on between china vs USA and in my opinion the USA is trying to breakup Nigeria.
They so called predicted in 2008 that Nigeria will split up by 2015.Now they are putting their plans into action.
We should be aware of this and not make it into a christian vs muslim issue. Obama was the biggest fraud played on the black people's of the world and he is going to deliver Africa on a platter of gold to the international banking forces and corporations.
What is needed in Nigeria to prevent disintegration is true federalism where every state control its resources and use it for their state and can sell to other states. The FG only function should be to keep the peace and protect citizens rights.
But if we are to breakup as the western forces with the americans at the head intend then be should get on with it peacefullt and ameekably to prevent a full blown civil war.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
nagoma:

@Olodostein

I don't know what Olodo means but you are a self confessed OLODO! You are an ignorant person trying to teach the unenlightened. So "Bayerebe" in your hausa dictionary meaans - Fake Muslim? How far will you guys go in ensuring that hatred is escalated and maintained?  My elementary knowledge of the Hausa grammar tells me that Bayerebe = Yorubaman just as Balarabe = Arab man, Bafillache = Fulani man, Bagobiri =Gobir man, Bahaushe = Hausa man and Bature = European (because Turai means europe in hausa so a person from Turai is called Bature) and so on---where did fake muslim come into this?

You may call it whatever you want or spell it which ever way you want. The fact remains that they HATE you with passion. The worst is that you are simply in perpetual DENIAL. Go to Kurna(which ever way it is spelt) and say that to them in person. Lets see if you will not come back here as a kuturu. You people are just so afraid of them.

Now what do you say to an Arab man that calls black African Muslims, "Abeed and zucka", meaning Slave and follow follow monkey Muslims"?

It is HYPOCRITE like you that I am trying to expose.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
ACM10:

It's the choice of nigerians to split peacefully(Soviet-style) or to split violently(Yugoslavia-style). I would prefer peaceful separation or we negotiate the basis of living as one country.

Oops, we are spilling so much blood already in this phantom unity and stop deceiving yourself, nigerians are fighting an undeclared war. More blood are spilled in nigeria each year than in some war-torn countries.

Never mind, any of my relation, me or my tribesmen or yours can still fall casualty whether we are at war or in this phantom unity

GBAM!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by slam7000(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2012
@nagoma,you hausa/fulani call the arabs==balarabe,yorubas==bayerebe.how come you have such exotic and beautiful names for these ppl and of all the names in the world,you call the igbos NYAMIR.not fair,i think we,have to pay the yorubas to kill and finish you off.we can not be fighting all the time,its their turn.the said your population has been increasing every sec cos you have 4 under age wives who breed every 9months till they turn 38.and like to reduce your no drastically cos you dont know the meaning of family planning.i heard condoms are banned in the north by BH.GEN OLADIPO DIYA WILL LEAD ODUA ARMY AGAINST.THAT WILL TEACH YOU FOR MAKING HIM CRY.BE VERY AFRAID. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by noiseless: 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
Too much innocent blood being spilled in this land,why why and why?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by juman(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
born2fuck:

grin   grin  I laugh in hot weep

Hmmm.

nigeria comprises of incompatible sets of people.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
Slam7000:

@nagoma,you hausa/fulani call the arabs==balarabe,yorubas==bayerebe.how come you have such exotic and beautiful names for these ppl and of all the names in the world,you call the igbos NYAMIR.not fair,i think we,have to pay the yorubas to kill and finish you off.we can not be fighting all the time,its their turn.

ROFLMAO @bolded.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by VoodooDoll(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2012
Before we all break out in civil war consider this: Rwanda - Tutsi vs Hutu

The Rwanda president's plane (he was Hutu) was shot down.  This was the key and final trigger before the genocide of the Tutsi. 

Now many years after, CNN reports that it was a Hutu supporter that shot down the Hutu president's plane.

Paris (CNN) -- The missile that brought down the plane carrying the president of Rwanda more than 17 years ago was fired from a camp controlled by his own ethnic group and not by Tutsi rebels, attorneys for the rebels said Wednesday.

The April 1994 crash of the plane near the capital, Kigali, and the death of then-President Juvenal Habyarimana, a member of the Hutu majority, was followed hours later by the start of mass killings. By the time they ended 100 days later, 800,000 people had died.
Most of the dead were members of the country's Tutsi minority, who were killed by Hutus.

The killing of Tutsis and moderate Hutus by Hutu militants ended when the Rwandan Patriotic Front -- composed of Tutsis under the leadership of current President Paul Kagame -- halted the Hutu militants.

Also on board the plane was then-Burundi President Cyprian Ntayamira. Ntayamira was also a Hutu.
A report on the plane attack -- written as part of a French judicial investigation -- has not been released publicly. However, officials said experts appointed by French Judges Marc Trevidic and Nathalie Poux had identified Kanombe Military Barracks as the site from which the rocket was launched.

The Kanombe camp at the time was controlled by "Hutu extremists in the former Rwandan army and their European advisers," said Bernard Maignain and Leon-Lef Forster, attorneys for the Rwandan Patriotic Front, in a statement. "The responsibility of the RPF in the attack is therefore dismissed."
The experts and judges traveled to Rwanda in September 2010 to view the scene of the attack, the attorneys said. Once there, they had the opportunity to conduct field surveys and simulations, and "they could also hear eyewitnesses who saw or heard the firing of missiles.

"It is clear from their analysis that the probable location of firing was strictly inaccessible at the time to the men of the RPF," Maignain and Forster said.
In 2006, French Judge Jean-Louis Bruguiere, who was previously in charge of the investigation, requested arrest warrants against nine Rwandan nationals belonging to the RPF, according to Maignain and Forster. Seven people are still "under investigation," they said, but they also accused the former judge of dismissing all evidence suggesting the RPF might not have been the perpetrators of the attack.
The latest report, the attorneys noted, is a "turning point."

The French Foreign Ministry declined to comment on the report, saying it was part of a judicial investigation started because the crew members of the downed plane were French.
Asked about the Rwandan opposition's request for an international inquiry into the report, the ministry said France supports the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda as a means to shed light on the Rwandan killings.
Rwanda's government welcomed the report.

"The crash served as an excuse for key perpetrators to execute a meticulously planned genocide against the Tutsi," the government's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation said in a statement.
The plane, which was struck as it prepared to land at Kigali International Airport, was bringing Habyarimana home from negotiations over the Arusha peace accords, which had created a power-sharing government between rebels and the Rwandan government.

"Today's findings constitute vindication for Rwanda's long-held position on the circumstances surrounding events of April 1994," said Louise Mushikiwabo, foreign minister and government spokeswoman, in the statement.
"With this scientific truth, Judges Trevidic and Poux have slammed shut the door on the 17-year campaign to deny the genocide or blame its victims. It is now clear to all that the downing of the plane was a coup d'etat carried out by extremist Hutu elements and their advisers who controlled Kanombe Barracks."

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/11/world/africa/rwanda-president-plane/index.html?hpt=iaf_c1
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by nagoma(m): 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2012
@slam7000

Both Generals Diya & Buhari wept , but for different reasons. As for condom use you cannot take a shower shower under an umbrella - even if it's not a PDP umbrella. Paying the Yorubas to fight will be wasting spare parts money , when they come, it will be owambe all night with us! The name , igbo is difficult to conjugate so we figured out their commonest request "Nyem Miri" and is your name -Inyamiri. A bit like "Beke" for everything white. grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
Well said! TENTATIVELY HIGHLIGHTED, the problems brewing to engulf the nation in anarchy, perhaps, into a state of civil war that might lead to the ushering of a respect for the different tribes explains by my mentor, Professor Wole Soyinka.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ektbear: 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
The sooner this country splits apart, the better.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Damilorlah(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2012
At Artert!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Akanbiedu(m): 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
This is amusing> u be craze man

nagoma:

@slam7000

Both Generals Diya & Buhari wept , but for different reasons. As for condom use you cannot take a shower shower under an umbrella - even if it's not a PDP umbrella. Paying the Yorubas to fight will be wasting spare parts money , when they come, it will be owambe all night with us! The name , igbo is difficult to conjugate so we figured out their commonest request "Nyem Miri" and is your name -Inyamiri. A bit like "Beke" for everything white. grin

Thank you Katz. I have been in ilorin several times and pretty much amazed at the level of harmony between the Fulanis and the Yorubas in that town and its environs. Some of those Ilorites, who speak only Yoruba language even claim Fulani ancestry. The Fulanis on the other speak Yoruba fluently without dropping their lifestyle even in dress mode.

I really would like to know more about that Ilorin episode. Is there a book you can recommend?

Katsumoto:

Alimi was a Fulani scholar who was well traveled within Yorubaland before settling at Ilorin after invitation from Afonja. His son Abdulsalam became emir after Afonja was killed.

He was eliminated because of the covert Fulani plan to take over Ilorin without waging war. The Fulani needed an outpost in Yorubaland from which they could conquer Yorubaland like they did to Hausaland. Solagberu who was the leader of the Yoruba Muslims from Oke Suna was also killed even though he had aligned with Abdulsalam and had equally turned his back on Afonja. Although Solagberu was killed because Abdulsalam thought that the Onikoyi of Ikoyi had submitted to his rule while Solagberu, Timi of Ede, and Toyeje the Kakanfo had laid seige at Ikoyi. At the end of the day, it wasn't about religion; it was about the Fulani need for power.

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Thank you Katz. I have been in ilorin several times and pretty much amazed at the level of harmony between the Fulanis and the Yorubas in that town and its environs. Some of those Ilorites, who speak only Yoruba language even claim Fulani ancestry. The Fulanis on the other speak Yoruba fluently without dropping their lifestyle even in dress mode.

I really would like to know more about that Ilorin episode. Is there a book you can recommend?

There are three very good books.

1. History and Social Anthropolgy by I M Lewis - This book details the Dan Fodio plan to annex Yorubaland. It has chapters on other cultures such as the Romans, Scottish, Benin, etc. It doesn't go into further details about Yorubaland.
2. History of the Yorubas by Samuel Johnson - This mostly covers everything Yoruba but is often criticised for being too Oyo-centric since it was written by an Oyo man. Nonetheless it is an excellent book.
3. Hegemony and culture: politics and religious change among the Yoruba by David Laitin - Another excellent book

Akanbi

There are actually very few Fulani in Ilorin, there are more Hausa (called Gobirawa) who went to Ilorin as refugees and slaves during and after the Fulani conquest of the Hausa states. These hausa formed the infantry for Afonja's army when he attacked Oyo and feel more Yoruba because of the suffering felt from the Fulani. They gave allegiance to Afonja's descendants because they both had a dislike for the Fulani.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Theblessed(f): 3:23am On Jan 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Absolutely right! 

Does anyone need to be told where this is heading to? 

Never mind, everyone will get quantum satisfaction from this evil you lot are encouraging in our country when the trouble you are cooking up starts to bubble.

Make una keep stiring up trouble - soon you would find out who would suffer most from it all.  Remembers, the cabals, the former military juntas, ex-presidents, former and present Chief Justices and their families will be heading to the West leaving you all there to rot. 

Make una get on with it!   

[/size]
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by slam7000(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
Quote from nagoma,
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka
« #275 on: Yesterday at 09:02:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@slam7000

Both Generals Diya & Buhari wept , but for different reasons. As for condom use you cannot take a shower shower under an umbrella - even if it's not a PDP umbrella. Paying the Yorubas to fight will be wasting spare parts money , when they come, it will be owambe all night with us! The name , igbo is difficult to conjugate so we figured out their commonest request "Nyem Miri" and is your name -Inyamiri. A bit like "Beke" for everything white.

thanks for explaining,you have just shown that you are more intelligent than Sanusi Lamido,i just baffles me they were requesting for miri instead of nama meat, Heaven knows i love suya and will suffer deppresion if Naija breaks and you people join and merge with niger,chad,sudan and somalia,while we will be landlocked, anyway,,thanks for your answer, when i meet you in the battle field,i wont kill you and take your 4 wipes,sorry wives, instead i,ll give my 4 sisters to marry, they are 34,36,38 and 40 years but they are still virgins, point of correction, Buhari shed tears,even Obj shed tears when he visited madalla church few days ago, thats understandable evn though we know he eat crocodile meat b4 the visit but Gen Ola.ikpu. Diya cried.i was there wallahi. grin grin, i dont like the way you refer to igbos as spare parts dealers, have some respect man, i didnt make my money through auto parts, i made my first one million naira at the age of 17years selling ABA MADE plastic kettle to your people.ask any of your brothers.i was very popular in those days.that was when ugwu awusa was ugwu awusa. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Jayjey(m): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
it is looming. I hope say no be gun go solve but who will be fighting who is it the north against the south west or south east or south south or a coalition. The country is heading towards a break. God come and take control.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Omofranca(f): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nigeria will not go to war. We who do not have any other country to run to or backup 'get-away' transport that is waiting/ready in case anything goes wrong must resist all temptation to violence and continue make our protests peacefully no matter how many we are in any protest crowd. The Nigerian masses will peacefully win at the end.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by exotik: 11:54pm On Jan 13, 2012
Katsumoto:

kats, u never still come back from where u go drink odeku?? grin

anyway, i still dey wait o.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by afroxyz: 3:58am On Jan 14, 2012
There would be no war, only a revolution. Itz mischief makers that are tryong to draw religion and tribalism into this. http://nubianscripts..com/2012/01/there-would-be-no-war-only-revolution.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians 6th Happiest In Africa In World Happiness Report 2017 / NNPC Filling Station At Berger Selling N1k Per Jerrycan Of Fuel - PoojaMedia / Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.