Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (19005 Views)

Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 12:11am On Jan 11, 2012
So we are all on NL bragging, when the real fact is none of our leaders put us in Nigeria, they were all illiterates that signed pieces of paper and gave the Sovereignty of Ruling their lands to a Foreign Company.

It is Oyinbo's that put us all in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2012
Olodostein:

My brother,to top it off. We have about 10 men from my kindred in the US army alone; about 5 are captains and lieutenants. Majority of Nigerians in US are igbo's. Oh, there are about 50,000 igbo's in Israel. I know, because I was there. Oh, and they supported us during the Biafran war and will support us again. I know, because them Israelis told me and they love us to death. Do you know that you can get asylum in Israel by presenting a Massob membership card? I know, because I saw those that got it. Massob=Mossad. Hehe name sounds ALIKE. If war breaks out; they will be trained and sent back to defend the igbo land. We got the money, both abroad and in naija.

We are not cowards. Parasitic Nigeris: DO NOT PROVOKE US!!!!!!!!  Patience has limit. I will contribute my engineering knowledge and my LIFE to my beloved igbo people. BRING IT ON.

I used to be for "ONE NIGERIA". But the jealous is getting too much.

my broda, igbos in the US dey vex well well now.  angry
these people will see us soon. nonsense!

every year, our blood fertilize the nigerian cesspit and if we want to leave, thieves will start crawling out of hell trying to talk trash. let them try us this time
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by LogicMind: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2012
Greedy West and North, Tell us exactly why you want one nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by vedaxcool(m): 12:13am On Jan 11, 2012
Nchara:

You are grossly incoherent. What are you blabbing here?
Can you make yourself more understandable?

remember I told you
vedaxcool:

I won't bother explaining to much to you since you have shown strng unwillingness to think, more so it might look like explaining Quantum Physics to to a 12 yr old!

I see you concur!
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 12:15am On Jan 11, 2012
If I'm chatting a load of rubbish, why don't the haters amongst us just walk away and form their own country, its just that simple instead of bragging on NL.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 11, 2012
dayokanu:

The one Benjamin Adekunle turned into rats? that made the warlord escape to Abidjan

He was a coward and killed innocent women and children. Cmon, we fought the WHOLE Nigeria then. This time everyone will carry their cross. The middle belt are doing so already.  No region in Nigeria will be able to fight the whole Nigeria and last more than a month. We did it for 3 GOOD YEARS. Aint you all ashamed of yourselves?

We are more than 40million with a very STRONG diaspora.  It things gets out of hand. This time it will be different.

We promise YOU.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 12:19am On Jan 11, 2012
vedaxcool:

remember I told you
I see you concur!

You are not capable of making sense. That virtue (making sense, I mean) is beyond you. You need a lot more mental development to undergo.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by LogicMind: 12:19am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

If I'm chatting a load of rubbish, why don't the haters amongst us just walk away and form their own country, its just that simple instead of bragging on NL.

We did. But they pulled us right back in.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

It is not Bragging but facts. Accept it or go and start facing reality. Wole soyinka and Orji uzor Kalu is beginning to and others will join if this MADNESS continue. I know what i am talking about. Networks are springing up.  I don't need to say further. Because if i open Mouth and say. Una go run grin.

Do you know that there are more than a million Ndigbo men in southy wey know how to cock heavy Luggaaaaa? U don go Dusseldorf, Hamburg? U go think say na Nnewi u dey.

We all pray for peace sha. But the killing and degradation is getting too much.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 12:30am On Jan 11, 2012
Logic Mind:

We did. But they pulled us right back in.

Exactly my point, this fatal conceit we have about being in control is misplaced. We are all still pawns of Foreign Powers. If we are serious about getting out of this mess we have to realize that their are different ways to skin a cat.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by vedaxcool(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2012
Nchara:

You are not capable of making sense. That virtue (making sense, I mean) is beyond you. You need a lot more mental development to undergo.

go sleep, mr. Low IQ, the bolded shows clearly that you are besides yourself! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2012
vedaxcool:

[b]go [/b]sleep, [b]mr. [/b]Low IQ, the bolded shows clearly that you are besides yourself! grin grin grin

Even, a simple sentence construction is beyond you. You see why I deem you an inferior, a sub human?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by realchange: 12:41am On Jan 11, 2012
Olodostein:

It is not Bragging but facts. Accept it or go and start facing reality. Wole soyinka and Orji uzor Kalu is beginning to and others will join if this MADNESS continue. I know what i am talking about. Networks are springing up.  I don't need to say further. Because if i open Mouth and say. Una go run grin.

Do you know that there are more than a million Ndigbo men in southy wey know how to rooster heavy Luggaaaaa? U don go Dusseldorf, Hamburg? U go think say na Nnewi u dey.

We all pray for peace sha. But the killing and degradation is getting too much.

they should just pray that sanity will prevail in Nigeria
if this killing of igbos continue, Biafra liberation council will likely hook up with igbos outside, and it will be a point of no return
i don't know igbos for talking sha. nairaland is forcing us to talk more than we are known for

left for me, i want that country divided up. that's all
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by vedaxcool(m): 12:42am On Jan 11, 2012
vedaxcool:

go sleep, mr. Low IQ, the bolded shows clearly that you are besides yourself! grin grin grin

this is sufficient for Mr. low IQ.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nchara: 12:45am On Jan 11, 2012
vedaxcool:

this is sufficient for Mr. low IQ.

You are a self-pitying olodo rabata. Discussing with you is[b] debasing [/b]for me.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by edoyad(m): 12:49am On Jan 11, 2012
So Nigeria is finally going yo end? Atleast i'l have stories to tell my grand children. Let's finish with this thing once and for all.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 12:50am On Jan 11, 2012
Picture this: When the Japanese Airforce/Military completely devastated and destroyed the U.S. Pacific Fleet in Hawaii as a precursor to the U.S. being drawn into the War, they were totally successful with very few casualties. In fact the U.S. Military were completely taken by surprise.

The Japanese followed a Confucius principle that advocates the best way to fight a War with an opponent is when an opponent is defeated before he can fight back. This idea encorporates ideas of Pre emptive War and War by Stealth.

Can you imagine black (African) people doing this? We would rather beat our chests down and make as much noise possible publicly rather than achieve the objective efficiently.

If we are all tired of the Status Quo, then we have to change it, and this has to be done by taking several steps to attaining the ultimate goal.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 11, 2012
realchange:

they should just pray that sanity will prevail in Nigeria
if this killing of igbos continue, Biafra liberation council will likely hook up with igbos outside, and it will be a point of no return
i don't know igbos for talking sha. nairaland is forcing us to talk more than we are known for

You are right. I have come to realise that other nigerians especially the many(not all) Yoruba's on here and out there just always want to see the Igbo man's downfall. It has got to stop and very few reality check has to be relayed to them to get a slice of much bigger thing to come if the madness in Nigeria continue.

I am getting angrier by these senseless acts and know a lot of ndigbo around me that are not happy at all. Sometimes I try to let them see the positive side of things, but things seem to be getting worse. It is making us get radical.

Yes, we are not known to talk too much. The situation is forcing us to talk. People are getting angrier.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by LogicMind: 12:55am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

Picture this: When the Japanese Airforce/Military completely devastated and destroyed the U.S. Pacific Fleet in Hawaii as a precursor to the U.S. being drawn into the War, they were totally successful with very few casualties. In fact the U.S. Military were completely taken by surprise.

The Japanese followed a Confucius principle that advocates the best way to fight a War with an opponent is when an opponent is defeated before he can fight back. This idea encorporates ideas of Pre emptive War and War by Stealth.

Can you imagine black (African) people doing this? We would rather beat our chests down and make as much noise possible publicly rather than achieve the objective efficiently.

If we are all tired of the Status Quo, then we have to change it, and this has to be done by taking several steps to attaining the ultimate goal.

Wetin Japan and confucius come do for naija problem? Infact what happen to japan after the US later wire their nyash?

Everybody is tired but the northern and western fuel subsidy parasites want to stay in one nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 1:02am On Jan 11, 2012
Logic Mind:

Wetin Japan and confucius come do for naija problem? Infact what happen to japan after the US later wire their nyash?

Everybody is tired but the northern and western fuel subsidy parasites want to stay in one nigeria.

Logic Mind, I hear you, but we all know that Boko Haram will strike again this week, and next week and next month, and the month after that. I particularly don't believe in chatting too much, I ACT.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by abdurrazaq(m): 1:04am On Jan 11, 2012
Dear GOD, I am sorry for my sins and those of fellow Nigerians. I'm tired of the name Nigeria - a name that now signifies FRAUD, DECEIT, WICKEDNESS, etc. I wish we can have new and better countries carved out of Nigeria to have new beginning and peaceful states. Let's see the end of Nigeria in PEACE. sad
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

Well the Japanese lost at the end and was devastated. They have never recovered since and adheres to a PACIFIST constitution. Because the US unleashed their full military might on them and introduced full conscription. And finally silenced japan till this day by NUKING THEM.  

America unleashes her military hardware: The latest were the stealth supersonic fighter jet and reconnaissance plane . The Russians just introduced a sophisticated ICBM(Intercontinental ballistic missile); the Iranians did with their ground to surface long range missile. Even the Israelis did the same with their God's chariot.

Cmon, the clear message from these powers is: Don't phucking try us just like that( Balance of power in a sense).  It is also a military strategy. Ask Sun Tzu .
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2012
Olodostein:

Well the Japanese lost at the end and was devastated. They have never recovered since and adheres to a PACIFIST constitution. Because the US unleashed their full military might on them and introduced full conscription. And finally silenced japan till this day by NUKING THEM.  

America unleashes her military hardware: The latest were the stealth supersonic fighter jet and reconnaissance plane . The Russians just introduced a sophisticated ICBM(Intercontinental ballistic missile); the Iranians did with their ground to surface long range missile. Even the Israelis did the same with their God's chariot.

Cmon, the clear message from these powers is: Don't phucking try us just like that( Balance of power in a sense).  It is also a military strategy. Ask Sun Tzu .

Fine, so I am sure you are more than capable of stopping Boko Haram from slaying innocent civilians in places of worship in the future. I wish you luck in your endeavours.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

Logic Mind, I hear you, but we all know that Boko Haram will strike again this week, and next week and next month, and the month after that. I particularly don't believe in chatting too much, I ACT.

Hamas did the same and launched hundreds of rockets into Israel for months and years. Israel was patient and warned and warned and warned. They didn't act for long and were being calculative.

When they acted at LAST and launched Operation Cast Lead(Gaza war); what happened?  The world started begging them to stop.

Patience has limit. And no rejoin or group of people have monopoly on violence.

Nevertheless we all pray for a PEACEFUL resolution cheesy.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor:

Fine, so I am sure you are more than capable of stopping Boko Haram from slaying innocent civilians in places of worship in the future. I wish you luck in your endeavours.

It is still in the hands of the federal government to ACT and stop the carnage. Or worst, military take over and forcefully impose order by all means.

If both fails. Then bro, we have reached a point of no return. Thank you for the luck. We are following the situation VERY VERY closely.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by houvest: 1:36am On Jan 11, 2012
@ Olodostein. Thank God you are wiser now.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by houvest: 1:44am On Jan 11, 2012
All those saying Igbo will suffer or will be land-locked and other bla, why are you crying more than the bereaved? Let them go and suffer na. Wetin.Why all the false concern? Are they better of now that they are being killed all over the place? Why should a man spend his whole life in another part of the country toilling everyday for himself and his family and one night his life, his family ,his investments are swallowed up by dagger-wielding or AK-toting weed-smoking illiterate riff-rafs. If he had any survivors, they relocate to another place and start life afresh with an uncertain future and with no parents may descend into crime or prostitution. What sort of life is that? What sort of Country is that?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by tarano: 1:49am On Jan 11, 2012
And this man is almost eighty years old! God is great, Money is not everything,
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by SamIkenna: 2:01am On Jan 11, 2012
I have long known that southerners are a bunch of joke. With all the education we have we still cant find our way out of this sinking ship called Nigeria. Most people on this site spend awful amount of time telling others what is good for them, in fact out of frustration they have resorted to insults because their audience seem to be un-moved. Seems like slave master's game plan if you know what I mean (remember Kunta Kinte). To drive home my point, we all know our great prof Soyinka is right and to hide under any guise; be it ethnicity or otherwise is plain foolishness. Time to seek freedom and happiness is now, any more minute we spend castigating Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani, Ijaw, Isoko etc is a minute spent in misery.

I urge all people of Lower Nigeria that have always cherished freedom, peace, love, and collaborative competition amongst eachother to take a moment and think of the future of their children. Do you think Nigeria as it's currently constituted is capable of delivering peace and harmony to your children? Do you think beating down your fellow peaceful, educated, freedom seeking, and business minded southerner be he Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, etc is going to solve our problem? Winning internet war against Igbo or Yoruba isn't it furtile given that both groups have never and will never declare war on each other? Of all ethnic groups in Nigeria there is only one ethnic group that has either fought or initiated war against the rest in different times in our history and we all know that group does not belong to Lower Nigeria.

While its correct to say Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Isokos, Beroms, etc would rather want independent nations of their own than to live in another new Nigeria with new lords and masters, it's also correct to say that the first and wisest thing for them to do is to form a unified front and break from Nigeria. After the break whoever decides to form alliance with whomever is free to do so and whoever wants to stay as a separate republic is also free. I understand there will always be tribalists in Yoruba and Igbo who will never like eachother even if their heavenly salvation depends on it, but must your hate for eachother surpass your love for your children? Have you not heard of strategic partnership? In fact to buttress the point further with the recent USA cable release, we all saw that Saudi Arabia is in bed with Israel because of Iranian nuclear program but is any one here in doubt of Saudi's eternal hate for Israel?

Guys, guys pls, I am Igbo but I love my people more than I hate Yorubas or any other ethnic group and for that I would be an eternal fool not to cooperate with anyone in areas of common interest. Nigeria isn't going to work not because its Hausa's fault or Igbo/Yoruba's fault but rather foundational fault. We are diametrically opposed in our orientation, politics, world out-look, education, and even religion. Is it any wonder why core north gave Osama Bin laden the highest support during 9/11? Igbo nor Yoruba didn't make core north give Osama Bin Laden this epic support but somehow this supposedly educated group have continued to act blind in the face of reality.

In Nigeria today no body is winning lest no one beat his chest. In honesty I think southern Nigeria has helped core north miss out on their God given potentials, I have no doubt that if and when core north stays on their own they stand a chance of given their people the prosperity, orientation, and proper Islamic studies that their political thieves have denied them, in fact the north, in a short period, will know so much peace that would rival Switzland. What we see today as Boko haram are deadly thugs been used by power hungry few who will be properly side-lined in the new Hausa-Fulani republic. Therefore my secular peace and freedom loving Lower Nigerian fellows, the time has come for us carve out our own future. This deadly future carved by the British isn't working rather it has brought hate and civil war to all of us. Time has come for us to either renegotiate it or disband it totally and in doing so lets do it out of love for our children and also for the children of core north.

It's true it hurts to let go a people or a group that have really injured you so much, sometimes you want to extract some pound of flesh so bad that you don't even see you are becoming insane, however, in this case we have to love our children more than that "enemy." I watched a documentary on Latin American peoples sometime ago where a female senator (Mayan) was cooperating with an ex-president (now a senator too) who committed genocide on Mayan people, it was humbling to see how calm and composed she was during the whole process. Brothers time has come to throw away this old un-ending tit-for-tat and bickering because innocent lives are at stake here and those lives deserve better from Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by ShangoThor(m): 2:43am On Jan 11, 2012
Sam_Ikenna it is really refreshing to interact with the true face of a Genuine rational son of the soil. What I am finding out about NL is that it is not a forum fit to hold rational discussions in relation to the objective. When rational logical thinking men interact, they have to do so with like minded people. It would be impossible to go to Ajegunle or Jankara Markets in Lagos and expect to achieve or strike up rational dialogue. It's all about reasoning.

Basically, we have to find a different forum.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Katsumoto: 3:33am On Jan 11, 2012
Your politicians are stealing your wealth
your brothers and sisters are dying through all kinds of avoidable deaths (boko haram, robbers, bad roads, ill-equipped hospitals, trigger-happy cops)
you have brothers and sisters who are going hungry
your infrastructure is non-existent
you are unable to adequately educate your youths and kids

These are real and present issues that need to be tackled, yet some are boasting about events (war) that are yet to occur and may not occur. SMDH
You are unable to plan and execute strategies to defeat these SERIOUS issues in peacetime, yet you believe that you will become Rommel, Montgomery, Genghis Khan, Patton, etc during wartime!!!!!!!!!

If you guys are not careful, you will descend into another senseless war, lose millions of lives and billions of property, and still end up as Nigerians. lipsrsealed

It is in the interest of all that you cease this immature Internet boasting and at least agree to part ways or decentralize the power at the centre.

@ ShangoThor and Sam Ikenna - Wisemen
Re: Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka by Onlytruth(m): 3:44am On Jan 11, 2012
ShangoThor , I hear you.

Sam_Ikenna, good head.

Katsumoto, I like the new you; though I don't believe any new war would resemble the last one. cool

Olodostein, I was so wrong about you before. To ever think you were ndu_chucks! shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Made The WRA Grand Patron In Nigeria (photo) / Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP / PDP Mega Campaign Rally To Hold At TBS, Lagos On Tuesday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.