Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209657 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
morizboe:

Demaejy, N̶̲̅o vex that I've not replied your question for a long time. I later used my brother's statement of account (we don't bear the same surname). I used his personal statement of account and also his own company statement of account- all from 5 different banks and he wrote a sponsorship letter which bears him as my uncle.

Luckily, I got the student visa on Friday but the problem I have now is flight. All the airlines I have checked are refusing me to book a flight with them on the ground that my visa is not a schengen visa, and thus I would not be allowed to enter their first port of call before going to Denmark. KLM,British air,lufthansa all gave me the same response.

is there any airline tha goes directly to Denmark or which will not demand for a transit visa from me? Am right now at abuja but wouldn't mind travelling to Lagos to baord any available direct flight. If you have any information about this kindly pass it to me.
Congrats bro... Hope 2good has given you the right answer... Enjoys!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
morizboe:

Thank you very much for the information. Let me check if they operate at abuja here, so that I will book with them...... Like what degree is the cold there now? Well, I've got some sweaters already but would be grateful if you still furnish me with other necessary items I should equip my self with against the weather there.

School has started since 1st September and I've missed out all these while. My department has even written the 1st block exam. I just need to work harder and start with them in the 2nd block.

Let me look at the site you gave to me. Thanks

Expect a temperature between 4 degree celcius and -5 degree celsius when you come to Copenhagen. Also your sweater will not prevent the cold from entering your body. You need a proper winter wear and many people wear between 3 to 4 cloths on their body when outside to reduce the effect of the cold. I don't think they fly from Abuja so you have to go to Lagos to get the flight.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
2good:

Expect a temperature between 4 degree celcius and -5 degree celsius when you come to Copenhagen. Also your sweater will not prevent the cold from entering your body. You need a proper winter wear and many people wear between 3 to 4 cloths on their body when outside to reduce the effect of the cold. I don't think they fly from Abuja so you have to go to Lagos to get the flight.

Thank you very much for this Infomation.......... U can further give me names of other airlines that can fly me to Denmark without a transit visa so that I can weigh my options.......thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
Demaejy:
Congrats bro... Hope 2good has given you the right answer... Enjoys!

Alright..........I also want to ask thes questions. Why didn't they issue me with a schengen visa? Are students visa not meant to be schengen or is it that they will give It to me when I arrive there?

Do you know about Turkish airline too?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
morizboe:

Alright..........I also want to ask thes questions. Why didn't they issue me with a schengen visa? Are students visa not meant to be schengen or is it that they will give It to me when I arrive there?

Do you know about Turkish airline too?

You will be given a residence card when you arrive in Denmark which allows you to travel to all Schengen countries. You can also apply for a 6 months Schengen visa at no cost for travelling out of Denmark pending when you receive your residence card after registering with the Immigration.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by morizboe: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2013
Thanks be to God. I arrived at the Kastrupt airport Copenhangen yesterday with the Lufthansa airlines. it was a roughly 7hr journey. We made the first entry to Frankfurt airport Germany where I spent roughly 2 hours in the airport before we made to Copenhangen. A roughly 1hr30mins flight.

Yes, I was planning for a transit visa, but on a second thought, I decided to make some extra moves and the result favoured me when the Lufthansa Oyibo man that examins visas and other papers gave an affirmative nod that I was ok without a transit visa. I took my passport to him personally.

I want to thank everyone here whose advice and contribution in one way or the other have led to my getting here. May God grant all our heart desires.

3 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 2:00am On Dec 02, 2013
Do you have a First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Electrical Engineering from any Nigeria University? Are you also interested in a Master’s Degree (MSc Electrical Engineering with specialization in Microelectronics)?NOTE: MICROELECTRONICS. Then apply for a chance for a scholarship at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands!

Apply using this Link:
Delft University of Technology: Application and procedure - TU Delft
http://tudelft.nl/en/study/studying-at-the-tu-delft/admission-and-application/msc-with-international-degree/application-and-procedure/

Delft University of Technology: Admission Requirements - TU Delft
http://home.tudelft.nl/en/study/studying-at-the-tu-delft/admission-and-application/msc-with-international-degree/toelatingseisen/

Delft University of Technology: Application Documents - TU Delft
http://www.tudelft.nl/en/study/studying-at-the-tu-delft/admission-and-application/msc-with-international-degree/application-and-procedure/application-documents/

No separate Application for the Scholarship is required as your normal Application for Admission as a Nigerian Student qualifies you for the Scholarship.

Goodluck.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2013
p desmond... plz how long does it take IND dutch to send approval..? after the schl must have sent mail to the dutch naturalization.. (approximately 3 weeks)? how long did ur approval take?.. what did u take along to embassy and where is the embassy u went to for the visa.. abuja or lagos.. any questions asked? i ll be happy if u can furnish me this info.

thank boss
mind my english.lol abeg
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 1:15am On Dec 09, 2013
chatmate: p desmond... plz how long does it take IND dutch to send approval..? after the schl must have sent mail to the dutch naturalization.. (approximately 3 weeks)? how long did ur approval take?.. what did u take along to embassy and where is the embassy u went to for the visa.. abuja or lagos.. any questions asked? i ll be happy if u can furnish me this info.

thank boss
mind my english.lol abeg

Have you applied and paid the F.Guarantee? Which school did you apply? Give details so I can know how to advise. All the best.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Ok I. Applied to fontys uni venlo. Yes all paid. Doc approved n sent to ind by d schl. Now pls answer d questions. Thx
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 2:37am On Dec 16, 2013
p desmond, i know u must be very busy.. i ve received my MVV doc from IND MVV and /or VVR-application assessed positively. now what next.. i read online that

http://nigeria.nlembassy.org/services/consular-services/visa

i must go to cotonoue or ghana or so.. well before i go i want to know what i will take along.. please its urgent.. what and what ... and where can i legalize or naturalize my birth certificate... ***i must go to abuja to legalize it or what***.. pls just lemme know what i ll take along to the embassy ..since im not going in with bank statement.. then what did u take to the embassy in your case...

oh booking appointment , i also sent them a mail though.. just few min ago.. what is appointment all about, thought i can just go to the embassy for the MVV.. pls check n reply.. thx
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2013
chatmate: p desmond, i know u must be very busy.. i ve received my MVV doc from IND MVV and /or VVR-application assessed positively. now what next.. i read online that

i must go to cotonoue or ghana or so.. well before i go i want to know what i will take along.. please its urgent.. what and what ... and where can i legalize or naturalize my birth certificate... ***i must go to abuja to legalize it or what***.. pls just lemme know what i ll take along to the embassy ..since im not going in with bank statement.. then what did u take to the embassy in your case...

oh booking appointment , i also sent them a mail though.. just few min ago.. what is appointment all about, thought i can just go to the embassy for the MVV.. pls check n reply.. thx
you have to take them to ministry of foreign affairs to legalized it.. and so for your MVV since you got positive reply from IND, is there no list of docs you need to submit to get the mvv? also I will advice to goto Ghana for mvv sticker, Cotonou Embassy are not Equipped to make the sticker, if you apply at cotonou , it will take about 10 days to get the visa because your passport will be sent to Accra to place the sticker, so to save you the stress, I amm giving you my 2 cent
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
chatmate: p desmond, i know u must be very busy.. i ve received my MVV doc from IND MVV and /or VVR-application assessed positively. now what next.. i read online that

@chatmate,

Congrats, welcome to Netherlands brother. When I went for mine I simply went to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, got it legalized and took it to the Dutch Consulate in Abuja were it was legalized. But its not needed for them to issue you the MVV sticker, its needed when you arrive Netherlands. When I applied for the MVV it was in Abuja.just go with 4 passport photograph, Accpetance Letter, Passport that's all. They won't ask you any question, its already Issued. All the best.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Well you got Legalized the docs at Min. of Foreign affairs only.. Dutch embassy in Nigeria don't legalized Nigeria docs again, to verify this called their or you should visit their site for more details....

ik wens je veel succes.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Waiting for Fontys
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
pls despond ..is it advsiable to book a flight to germany weeze airport or amsterdam.. d schl buddy advised me to come thru germany cuz its 45 min to venlo ..via train or so. i m thinkin is it advisable or shud i just book flight to amsterdam direct that will take 1hr 45min and might be from one train station to another.. wud their immigration let me in..from germany? and do i need just one way ticket.. accomodation is venlo if anyone can advise plz.. its 325euro to 400 they told me.. i m looking for cheaper ..since my buddy there ll meet the landlord and collect the key for me before i arrive.. again i can manage wit anyone there oo.. all this expensive stuff mehn.. finally my buddy ask wit residence student permit there .if i can live ingermany to go to schl everyday ..thats what he does.. thx i go like add friends pls for my bb or whtspp
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: pls despond ..is it advsiable to book a flight to germany weeze airport or amsterdam.. d schl buddy advised me to come thru germany cuz its 45 min to venlo ..via train or so. i m thinkin is it advisable or shud i just book flight to amsterdam direct that will take 1hr 45min and might be from one train station to another.. wud their immigration let me in..from germany? and do i need just one way ticket.. accomodation is venlo if anyone can advise plz.. its 325euro to 400 they told me.. i m looking for cheaper ..since my buddy there ll meet the landlord and collect the key for me before i arrive.. again i can manage wit anyone there oo.. all this expensive stuff mehn.. finally my buddy ask wit residence student permit there .if i can live ingermany to go to schl everyday ..thats what he does.. thx i go like add friends pls for my bb or whtspp
. Definitely you can fly to Germany and go through Germany and enter Train, But if you are a first timer to save you the headache its better you fly to Amsterdam, sure you can also buy one way ticket but I will advice you to take any letter your school sent to you just in Case.. but if you don't mind you can fly Air maroc they have a lot of cheap one way flight to Holland this Jan

Enjoy your stay in Holland
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
thanks safe headache , u mean going from one train to another or the immigration stuff..i just want to know if i can come in from germany...same thin goin from amsterdam still i ll go by train to venlo.. and from germany still by train just the time differences.. so wats ur point.. i want to know plz.. also i ll try Air maroc now ...thanks bro
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: thanks safe headache , u mean going from one train to another or the immigration stuff..i just want to know if i can come in from germany...same thin goin from amsterdam still i ll go by train to venlo.. and from germany still by train just the time differences.. so wats ur point.. i want to know plz.. also i ll try Air maroc now ...thanks bro
Gelukkig Nieuwjaar en de beste wensen... you figured it out already, but your friend is right, you can go through Germany but why I said that its that most new people in Germany n Holland have little headache with train stations
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
no problem shud go wid weeze airport germany right
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: pls despond ..is it advsiable to book a flight to germany weeze airport or amsterdam.. d schl buddy advised me to come thru germany cuz its 45 min to venlo ..via train or so. i m thinkin is it advisable or shud i just book flight to amsterdam direct that will take 1hr 45min and might be from one train station to another.. wud their immigration let me in..from germany? and do i need just one way ticket.. accomodation is venlo if anyone can advise plz.. its 325euro to 400 they told me.. i m looking for cheaper ..since my buddy there ll meet the landlord and collect the key for me before i arrive.. again i can manage wit anyone there oo.. all this expensive stuff mehn.. finally my buddy ask wit residence student permit there .if i can live ingermany to go to schl everyday ..thats what he does.. thx i go like add friends pls for my bb or whtspp

I have gone to Germany from the Netherlands twice through Venlo and I must tell you that the immigration guys at the border are racist as they will single you out for screening and unnecessary questioning even after showing them all your documents so I will advice you to just fly straight to Amsterdam and take the train from Schipol to Venlo since you are new in Europe. As for accommodation, Europe is expensive and so just expect to pay a rent of between 300 and 400 as you rightly pointed out or you can share a room with someone if you can tolerate the inconvenience.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
2good:

I have gone to Germany from the Netherlands twice through Venlo and I must tell you that the immigration guys at the border are racist as they will single you out for screening and unnecessary questioning even after showing them all your documents so I will advice you to just fly straight to Amsterdam and take the train from Schipol to Venlo since you are new in Europe. As for accommodation, Europe is expensive and so just expect to pay a rent of between 300 and 400 as you rightly pointed out or you can share a room with someone if you can tolerate the inconvenience.
this happen sometimes in any country.. and you as a black you should just get used to it.. #zwaartpiet
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
thanks bro.. 2good are u livin in venlo.. i have no one there oo.. i ll just come in thru amsterdam no wahala
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: thanks bro.. 2good are u livin in venlo.. i have no one there oo.. i ll just come in thru amsterdam no wahala

No I studied for my MSC in the Netherland but currently out of The Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
out of netherlands ? .. okay bro..just hope i ll see black there lol .. wish i can gt someone in venlo
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
Naija_lastborn: this happen sometimes in any country.. and you as a black you should just get used to it.. #zwaartpiet

While I don't argue with you on that, he is probably coming in with a fresh passport and so should be ready for insult and undue scrutiny at the border between the Netherlands and Germany. I hardly have that problem now because I don't ever travel by train through European countries anymore and only go by air. Also I have traveled alot with so much visa and stamps on my passport that I don't get any problem at port of entry even in the US.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
2good:

While I don't argue with you on that, he is probably coming in with a fresh passport and so should be ready for insult and undue scrutiny at the border between the Netherlands and Germany. I hardly have that problem now because I don't ever travel by train through European countries anymore and only go by air. Also I have traveled alot with so much visa and stamps on my passport that I don't get any problem at port of entry even in the US.
either fresh or old passport what I mean its that it happen in any country to any Nigerian holding Nigeria passport though not all the time... Talking from experience..
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: out of netherlands ? .. okay bro..just hope i ll see black there lol .. wish i can gt someone in venlo
o boy why u dey fear like this, you be man u go survive but definitely you will meet some many black people there... calm down
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
naija food nko.. furnished room for 300? right
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
chatmate: naija food nko.. furnished room for 300? right
its kinda expensive I mean naija food, I don't really know much about furnishng room in Venlo but Venlo is not that Expensive most city at the Germany Border are cheap to afford..
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Naija_lastborn: either fresh or old passport what I mean its that it happen in any country to any Nigerian holding Nigeria passport though not all the time... Talking from experience..

Have you seen where they completely stripped someone's bag open at the border for no reason order than the person being black and they leave you to sort yourself out after the experience? He should just avoid that border problem by entering the Netherlands and travelling by train to Venlo. As per airport, the experience is very different as they don't treat you like criminal just because you are carrying a Nigerian passport if you have a good travel history. On the other hand, the police guys at the border mostly hate foreigners and have nobody looking at them hence they can treat you the way they like because it is their country.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
2good:

Have you seen where they completely stripped someone's bag open at the border for no reason order than the person being black and they leave you to sort yourself out after the experience? He should just avoid that border problem by entering the Netherlands and travelling by train to Venlo. As per airport, the experience is very different as they don't treat you like criminal just because you are carrying a Nigerian passport if you have a good travel history. On the other hand, the police guys at the border mostly hate foreigners and have nobody looking at them hence they can treat you the way they like because it is their country.
exactly! we are just sharing ideas and Experience, don't be nervous or get confused @chat mate... "the ball is in your Court" either Germ any airport or Netherland all lead to your destination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.