Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134545 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hello guys, hope this post is still alive.
I bought a 3 bed terrace at Lekki Gardens Phase 4 and I only got my allocation letter 15 months after paying fully but the estate is far from completed and I do not think the place will be fully inhabited before 2016! Same thing with Horizon 2, I bought a flat there 18 months ago but still no allocation. I am getting slightly nervy to be honest but from the information I am getting around, they are likely to deliver albeit 2-3 years behind schedule due to over-commitment and possibly placing payments in fixed deposit accounts as a financing mechanism.
It would be great though if someone from Lekki Gardens could address (or at least comment on) these issues before we start to panic.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by TAKETWO: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2014
SangoCrusader: Hello guys, hope this post is still alive.
I bought a 3 bed terrace at Lekki Gardens Phase 4 and I only got my allocation letter 15 months after paying fully but the estate is far from completed and I do not think the place will be fully inhabited before 2016! Same thing with Horizon 2, I bought a flat there 18 months ago but still no allocation. I am getting slightly nervy to be honest but from the information I am getting around, they are likely to deliver albeit 2-3 years behind schedule due to over-commitment and possibly placing payments in fixed deposit accounts as a financing mechanism.
It would be great though if someone from Lekki Gardens could address (or at least comment on) these issues before we start to panic.

I remember that I sounded a note of warning to prospective subscribers of Lekki Gardens sometimes ago but unfortunately due to the attack inflicted on Nairaland, the thread in which I gave the warning has been lost. I still fervently believe that the delivery time-table drawn up by the promoters of Lekki Gardens is unrealistic because when I visited the estate in November 2013 they were selling phase 3 aggressively and promising to deliver in 6 months for those that made outright payment. Meanwhile, they have not got anywhere near delivering phase 2 and yet they were cheekily taking money for phase 3 which the only thing they were doing is clearing the site. I had the feeling that the guys were just preying on the subscribers who are desperate to invest in their estates. It looked like a ponzi to me and I was not comfortable with them and as such I couldn't toy with my hard earned cash with a project I didn't believe in. Some people claimed that they believed in the promoters of the estate as they have made a deposit for their property, maybe those people will come on board to confirm the delivery or not of their house or flat.

4 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Thanks for the update TAKE-TWO. I am very happy to know your experience. I have invested N23m in these guys so I HOPE they are going to deliver. As you say, it will be great if someone could confirm if they have received their units, what state it was in, etc
I do not live in Nigeria but my banker (for my Nigerian account) at the time assured me that they were genuine. I still believe that they are genuine (I have to I suppose) but some more information would be great from you guys so we can all understand the situation better.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by skimanski(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
From my own Insight, Having worked in Phase 2 for a while now is that, as the Nigerian Service market goes, They tell you they will deliver in 6 months, and they deliver in 2 years. Its as simple as that. No one rips you off you investment, you are only just enticed by their markets and eventually you'll have to wait for Longer time than you were promised. Besides if someone told you they were delivering project like that in 6 months, You should know that its either you'll wait Longer than that, or if you get it in that time, it'll definitely be poorly done, so make you pick as to which one you'd prefer.

Arch. Skimanski.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 8:45am On Jul 06, 2014
2 yrs for a 6 month house is too long na. The opportunity cost of your money, the extra rent you would have paid etc. If I was building my own house won't N23m be enough to see my building and finish it?

It seems like a ponzi s scheme as they use the money for other estates to build the initial ones. Have you gone to the phase 2, it's still not completed and this has up to 8 subsequent estates!

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Argh, that means I'm in for the long haul I suppose. Not ideal, but we just have to deal with it. To be fair to them, their prices are affordable so I will just need to watch and hope that they deliver their promises on infrastructure, quality and security, albeit 18 months later than was promised. undecided
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by skimanski(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
For the best Possible Finishing of your Lekki Gardens apartment. Contact

Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386 or 08185174782

Due to been used to the possible problems to expect with each units, we are channelled to counter attacking those areas as we finish you apartment in some of the best possible ways it can finish.

Also follow our other works on this page
https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
@skimanski - I like the work you have done previously, great contemporary design. Out of curiosity, what types of problems do you typically encounter with these units?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by skimanski(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
SangoCrusader: @skimanski - I like the work you have done previously, great contemporary design. Out of curiosity, what types of problems do you typically encounter with these units?

Roof Leakages,
Broken pipes in walls and sometimes deck,
wrong electrical wiring and falling pops.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
skimanski:

Roof Leakages,
Broken pipes in walls and sometimes deck,
wrong electrical wiring and falling pops.

@ skimanski - I have two units that need interior finishing. One is a one bed flat @ Lekki Gardens Horizon and the other is a 3 bed terrace at Lekki Gardens Phase 4. These units should (hopefully) be available by December 2014.

I know you cannot give me exact figures now, but how much might I be looking at for either property in both of these locations? I am looking for a good finish like you have shown in your pictures above and need to know how much to budget if I choose to employ your services.

Thx
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by skimanski(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
SangoCrusader:

@ skimanski - I have two units that need interior finishing. One is a one bed flat @ Lekki Gardens Horizon and the other is a 3 bed terrace at Lekki Gardens Phase 4. These units should (hopefully) be available by December 2014.

I know you cannot give me exact figures now, but how much might I be looking at for either property in both of these locations? I am looking for a good finish like you have shown in your pictures above and need to know how much to budget if I choose to employ your services.

Thx

email me at skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tadeyomi: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hi Chaps,
I came across this brilliant site/forum on google while looking for stuff to get a feel for general thoughts trending on LekkiGardens both from existing and prospective customers. I recently bought one of the flats in Phase3 Extension with hope that this will be completed/ready before year end 2016. It looks like this may just be hoping against all hopes following through comments above. Please, may anyone kindly let this forum know if the company has delivered close to time or even a year or two behind shcedule.
Thanks and regards to all
Tade
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2014
Hello guys, I just visited their sites last week so I wanted to share with you what is happening. I visited Horizon 1 and 2, then I visited Phase 1 and 4. I went there with my uncle who has experience in building to give me technical advice on the structural quality of their buildings etc. The first interesting thing I noticed from their sales office at Chevron Drive were all the beautiful and stunning saleswomen. I was so impressed, I wanted to pull out my Fixed deposit to buy another house with them! The sales women are quite hot and have brand new Hyundais that they use to show pple the sites, but that doesn't matter really, back to the point :-)

They are definitely behind their agreed timelines but work is happening FURIOUSLY on all four sites which really impressed me. In addition, the quality and layout of the buildings are absolutely fantastic and the show room at Chevron Drive is sublime. My uncle was initially concerned that they had not prepared the foundation properly for rains but he was surprised that they used the raft foundation where necessary and pillars for the taller buildings. Even their POP is done with the highest quality materials which every house comes with. I have been criticizing them a lot in the past but to be honest, they have done a good job, albeit 12/24 months behind schedule and with poor customer service. To show how serious they are, they have built roads from the Lekki-Epe expressway to each of their estates with street lights sef, I was so impressed (although the roads are with interlocking and should have been tarred ideally).

Please don't take my word for it pple, go and visit the sites so you can see for yourself what is going on. My summary is that, they are delivering fantastic quality homes and good prices, but be prepared for a bit of a wait.

I took some pictures as well guys so I will post those myself later this afternoon
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Here are the pictures I promised...

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
And some more...

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
and some more...

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
even more

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
and more...

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
And the last few pics...

Didn't get any shots of the lovely sales girls unfortunately, but y'all would need to go and see for yourself grin

In spite of this, it would still be good to hear from someone who has actually received a fully completed and habitable unit allocation to hear their story.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Gwithus: 11:48am On Jul 21, 2014
@SangoCrusader: Many thanks for the pictures you posted. They indeed helped to calm down the nerves that were almost at 'cracking-out' points. If you wouldn't mind; hopefully I am not also asking for so much, would you be kind to distinguish what pictures belong to what property. I personally bought into their Phase-4, unfortunately I am not in Niaja for now. It is becoming really difficult to believe those their sales reps. So your pictures have really helped a great deal. Now you can appreciate my situation. I just would want to get an idea of the level of progress at Phase-4. Secondly, what date were the pictures taken? God bless you.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by biodunid: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
On timely delivery: I am paying for a 4 bedroom semi detached unit at LG Ph 2 with payment to be complated in April 2015. My unit was roofed, plastered etc with work starting on the POP when I last visited in June. I am not necessarily saying my experience holds through for all subscribers or all of their developments but that has been my experience. I have a colleague who paid outright last year for a unit in Ph 3 but is yet to get her house. I guess a major problem for the company has been getting a proper handle on back office stuff and hedging its critical supplies. They spend so much on marketing and pretty damsels and they do a decent job with the buildings (I was lucky to witnes the foundation and decking stages of my unit) but they don't attend to something as simple as matching payments to allocations. With a good administrator in charge i believe he can get through these teething problems.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
The phase 3 extension does not even have an access road. You can't go close and they are supposedly meant to finish by 2015. The one at Nike Art gallery hasn't even been started.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
biodunid: On timely delivery: I am paying for a 4 bedroom semi detached unit at LG Ph 2 with payment to be complated in April 2015. My unit was roofed, plastered etc with work starting on the POP when I last visited in June. I am not necessarily saying my experience holds through for all subscribers or all of their developments but that has been my experience. I have a colleague who paid outright last year for a unit in Ph 3 but is yet to get her house. I guess a major problem for the company has been getting a proper handle on back office stuff and hedging its critical supplies. They spend so much on marketing and pretty damsels and they do a decent job with the buildings (I was lucky to witnes the foundation and decking stages of my unit) but they don't attend to something as simple as matching payments to allocations. With a good administrator in charge i believe he can get through these teething problems.

Thanks for the update man, good to know how other people have got on. Makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one perturbed by these delays. You are VERY RIGHT about the amount of money they spend on marketing and these pretty damsels (who I might visit again soon :-) ). I deliberately visited the finished and unfinished developments to see the type of materials they were using which I concluded are quite good. Their allocation process is very poor though and customer service is horrible. I bought another property with Propertymart Ltd in Abuja (they also have a development in Lekki/Ajah) and those guys are the epitomy of good customer service - and they can tell you your exact unit BEFORE you have made payment. I would suggest patronizing them next time however, they cost about 50% more than Lekki Gardens but I have complete peace of mind there.

Best of luck @Biodunid

*** Just wanted to add that I do not mind the money Lekki Garden spent on the pretty damsels grin***

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Gwithus: @SangoCrusader: Many thanks for the pictures you posted. They indeed helped to calm down the nerves that were almost at 'cracking-out' points. If you wouldn't mind; hopefully I am not also asking for so much, would you be kind to distinguish what pictures belong to what property. I personally bought into their Phase-4, unfortunately I am not in Niaja for now. It is becoming really difficult to believe those their sales reps. So your pictures have really helped a great deal. Now you can appreciate my situation. I just would want to get an idea of the level of progress at Phase-4. Secondly, what date were the pictures taken? God bless you.

Hi Gwithus. I can empathize with u because I am not based in 9ja either. So after I started getting tossed around by their sales reps, I semi wrote off the investment in my head. I did, however, make a point to come by and see the places for myself, in spite of my reservations, and to be honest, that has also helped calm down my nerves, to the point that I am actually optimistic about the investment decision I made. I bought a 3 bed terrace in Phase 4 so we might be neighbors someday smiley

The first 4 pics are Horizon 1, the next 5 pics are Horizon 2, next 9 pics are Phase 4 and last 4 pics are Phase 1. I took the pictures just last week (w/c 14th of July 2014)

Gwithus, you do know that you would need to spend another 2m - 5m for internal finishing right? I will be back in Lagos again next year so I will take updated pics.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
blank: The phase 3 extension does not even have an access road. You can't go close and they are supposedly meant to finish by 2015. The one at Nike Art gallery hasn't even been started.

@blank, I noticed some of your other posts. Do you know if any further work will be done to renovate and expand that lekki-epe expressway up to Lagos Business School side?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by cleric(m): 12:01am On Jul 22, 2014
SangoCrusader:
*** Just wanted to add that I do not mind the money Lekki Garden spent on the pretty damsels grin***

Kai, u like those women sha. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2014
SangoCrusader:

@blank, I noticed some of your other posts. Do you know if any further work will be done to renovate and expand that lekki-epe expressway up to Lagos Business School side?

That's the plan. I think the third toll should be around LBS. However, politics is paramount now. So we will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by etom4real: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Talking about Lekki gardens, l can assure that they are for real. I say this becs i stay just close to their new office at chevron. Presently they are developing lekki paradise ll and lll there at chevron. My wife works at lekki gardens and she has sold and delivered to clients. For more info contact Ngozi : 08102205061.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tadeyomi: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys!
I'd like to share with you my view that it’s very important to receive some feedback on all your brilliant contributions so I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has contributed to this topic so far. I can't tell you how much it means to me. My worries cum fear over time have been allayed because of your comments.
I'm sure these phases/projects will succeed and when they do, those pages of brilliant feedback you've given will finally become features others will use for reference.
Again, Thank You so much.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tadeyomi: Hey guys!
I'd like to share with you my view that it’s very important to receive some feedback on all your brilliant contributions so I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has contributed to this topic so far. I can't tell you how much it means to me. My worries cum fear over time have been allayed because of your comments.
I'm sure these phases/projects will succeed and when they do, those pages of brilliant feedback you've given will finally become features others will use for reference.
Again, Thank You so much.

Oga, abeg thank me especially. Na me post those pictures wey una dey look grin
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tadeyomi: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
SangoCrusader may God continue to bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Tadeyomi: SangoCrusader may God continue to bless you Sir.

Amen O!

I will go back to Lagos in March 2015 so will take more pictures, speak to people on ground and keep y'all updated. My concern now is how Lekki Gardens deal with the issues related to poor finishing such as broken pipes, leaking roofs etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.