Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:26 AM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134544 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by yates: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hi Belmouth

Was asked to pay service charge(or at least commit to it) which I declined until I’m (or tenants) ready to move in. There were a few hiccups with the facility Team when I started finishing cos I’ve not committed to paying service charge. A posted dated cheque would.

C of O/Deed of Assignment topic came up but I brushed that aside as I don’t have about 550K or so for that now.

In summary, I didn’t pay anything but if they disturb my workers I may give them a post-dated cheque for the service charge.

I’m not encouraging you to not pay what’s due smiley . I’m just being honest about my situation.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by senato123(m): 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nice thread all d way.can any one help post d cost of acquiring a land and building similar property in d areas of these Estates.
Thank u
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
Belmouth:
Hi Yates,

Thanks for your insight into your own experiences with the developer. Did you have to pay any documentation and legal fees before collecting your keys?

Thanks.
Belmouth

Belmouth,

I had to jump in on this one. I picked up my keys in April this year and didn't pay a dime for legal and documentation. I was worried when you read you had to pay extra 3m premium and 1.46m for legal and doc. Did you pay this money yourself or you sent someone who told you you had to pay? You must have too much money to pay such and if they ever try that with me , I only hold them with one thing "contract" that we signed. It's ridiculous having to pay such amount and honestly I see no difference in Premium and Deluxe, they all look the same to me. The difference should be POP if remember correctly and I'm yet to see a house with regular ceiling in LG

They only recommended that I fixed Burglary proof for windows and door to the balcony before releasing keys and so they could complete the wiring of the unit. I have a unit of 4BR terrace house in phase 2 and phase 3 work in progress that I'm yet to pick up the keys.

I paid 16.5 on each the property. The only money I ever paid to their again rep was for burglary proof and door that their Facility Manager pulled a fast one on me. I had to buy the door twice. I wanted to do a transfer but he was smart enough to insist on cash. I was just like for what it's worth 65K Naira will not kill me .

Shine your eyes ooo!!
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Belmouth: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pecos,
Thanks for your feedback. I have only paid 3m difference for the premium because they claimed I was erroneously allocated a Premium House instead of the Deluxe I subscribed to, trust me they can't use my head. This is for 2 semi-detached duplexes so am monitoring them closely.
I have been asked to pay this 1.46m before getting my keys for service charge and legal & documentation fees.
I don't even have money for that now because am concentrating on my internal finishing. I will plan a trip there myself to pick the keys.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hmmm. lol.
I was at the estate this whole week end.

The new thing now is payment of service charge before connection to electricity or collection of keys.
I have looked at the sales contract back and front and I can't find the basis for this .
How can service charge be a condition for giving keys or electricity?

@ yates.How come you are not paid upfront at work for what ever service you render?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
The quality of contributions are fantastic guys and I appreciate all of the opinions given.
I have a 3 bed terrace at Phase IV but the last time I visited, it was not finished (see the pictures I attached earlier). Any idea if these are completed now? I also have a flat in Horizon 1.
Any information would be appreciated because their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sammiejo:
Hmmm. lol.
I was at the estate this whole week end.

The new thing now is payment of service charge before connection to electricity or collection of keys.
I have looked at the sales contract back and front and I can't find the basis for this .
How can service charge be a condition for giving keys or electricity?

@ yates.How come you are not paid upfront at work for what ever service you render?

Sammiejo,

I suppose I was lucky not to have dealt with all these madness when I picked up my keys in April. However, If that was the case I would have referred them back to the contract et al. Those guys are not really smart and when I looked at the contract , it was not well written. There are several loopholes in it.

No where in the world you get paid upfront for a 9-5 jobs even in Nigeria.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Crane84: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi

I was at the Lekki IV this weekend... 15/11/14 to be precise. The buildings are not finished. Heard issues of some of the units that collapsed and had to be reconstructed. I haven't had the best experience... I subscribed to the outright option, paid in January of 2014 however i didn't get allocated a unit until September and it wasn't even plastered or roofed as at Saturday.

Sincere opinion, not the best property deal in nigeria.

Did an off-plan sales with some company in Abuja for a flat and the progress on the apartments are way faster than what Lekki Gardens is offering. The quality of the construction? Trust me LG is messed up.

My opinion. If the whole service charge thing comes up.... I just see an easy opportunity to pull out of the transaction as it violates the terms of the off-takers agreement signed.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Crane84:
Hi

I was at the Lekki IV this weekend... 15/11/14 to be precise. The buildings are not finished. Heard issues of some of the units that collapsed and had to be reconstructed. I haven't had the best experience... I subscribed to the outright option, paid in January of 2014 however i didn't get allocated a unit until September and it wasn't even plastered or roofed as at Saturday.

Did an off-plan sales with some company in Abuja for a flat and the progress on the apartments are way faster than what Lekki Gardens is offering. The quality of the construction? Trust me LG is messed up.

My opinion. If the whole service charge thing comes up.... I just see an easy opportunity to pull out of the transaction as it violates the terms of the off-takers agreement signed.

sad
That's terrible to hear tbh... I took some pics of Lekki IV (and posted them on here) and they seemed to be on plan. I paid outright about 18 months ago for 2 properties with them and when I think of the opportunity cost, one has to question the logic of the investment. 18 months with no FD interest or rent and I doubt that I will see a kobo in rent until 24 months lapses. And with this service charge BS we are hearing... sad

Anyway, we don't have a choice at this point I suppose... FML

@sammiejo
@belmouth
@crane84
@yates
@Geenee

Any idea what the demand is for rent in Phase 1, 2 or 3? Including how much tenants pay?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
Crane84:
Hi

@Crane84 Please which company did you do the off-plan sales with in Abuja? I am seriously considering cutting my losses with LG at this point angry
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Geenee: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
SangoCrusader:

sad
That's terrible to hear tbh... I took some pics of Lekki IV (and posted them on here) and they seemed to be on plan. I paid outright about 18 months ago for 2 properties with them and when I think of the opportunity cost, one has to question the logic of the investment. 18 months with no FD interest or rent and I doubt that I will see a kobo in rent until 24 months lapses. And with this service charge BS we are hearing... sad
Anyway, we don't have a choice at this point I suppose... FML
@sammiejo
@belmouth
@crane84
@yates
@Geenee
Any idea what the demand is for rent in Phase 1, 2 or 3? Including how much tenants pay?

@SangoCrusader, I don't have information on the tenant demand or rent in LG phases 1/2/3. My properties are in phase 2. I paid outrightly in March 2013. My units have been completed except electrical wiring. I delibrately delayed the installation of burglary proof as I needed time to re evaluate the soundness of my investment decision with LG. Several times ive had to convince myself that I did not make a mistake with LG. A lot couldve been done better in phase 2 especially. A little greed might have crept into the reasoning of the LG management that they converted almost every square metre to a building and now they've come up with outrageous electricity charges.

At this point we can only hope for the better or table our concerns at the next town hall meeting-whenever that is!
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
I paid outright for 2 properties(cornerpiece 3 bedroom terrace duplex) at LG phase 4 in Jan 2014. Was allocated 2 buildings in Aug 0f 2014 but yet to see the specific building. Had my agent(not a LG agent) take some pictures of the site sometime in July and it looked like work was well in progress based on the pictures I saw. He told me if work continued at that rate I should expect delivery anytime between December and feb 2015. I have been following this thread now for a while and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

When I saw the adverts for phase 5 few months ago I wanted to dive in and buy two more properties but based on what I have seen so far on this thread I thank God I did not. I will wait till delivery of my properties, completion of finishing and renting it out before deciding if I want to invest further in Lekki Gardens. After renting it out, I need to evaluate if it was worth it as a business decision.

Talking about rent, my agent told me it depends on how good the interior finishing is. He says a three bedroom cornerpiece terrace would average 1.5million per annum but with excellent interior finishing could attract 2million per annum.

Talking about finishing. Does anybody have any idea how much I should budget for this. My agent on ground in naija said 1.5 to 3.5 per building depending on quality.

In other news I am looking for Land to buy in Magodo GRA/itsheri??. Anyone knows a contact I can talk too.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 2:33am On Nov 18, 2014
Modified
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2014
Phase I is the highest earner for rent. avg being 1.4-1.5M per annum. I still don't understand why.
Phase II the going rate is 1-1.3m per annum.
I dont know about the other phases but I think Lekki Paradise should fetch higher rent at least with the rates of the estates around it.

Where is Phase IV?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2014
Sammiejo:
Phase I is the highest earner for rent. avg being 1.4-1.5M per annum. I still don't understand why.
Phase II the going rate is 1-1.3m per annum.
I dont know about the other phases but I think Lekki Paradise should fetch higher rent at least with the rates of the estates around it.

Where is Phase IV?

Phase 4 is just before Lagos Business School if you are coming from Abraham Adesanya while Phase 3 is right beside Lagos Business School. Once you enter into the road that leads to LBS, you continue to the end of the road. I think Phase 5 is behind Phase 3. They kept showing me left and right but its by the road where phase 4 can connect Phase 3 at the back.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2014
blank:

Phase 4 is just before Lagos Business School if you are coming from Abraham Adesanya while Phase 3 is right beside Lagos Business School. Once you enter into the road that leads to LBS, you continue to the end of the road. I think Phase 5 is behind Phase 3. They kept showing me left and right but its by the road where phase 4 can connect Phase 3 at the back.

OK.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by sleekric(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
I have gone through this post and I am very thankful for all the negative and (some) positive comments about Lekki Gardens.

I bought a Horizons I 3br in October and paid outrightly. Just before I paid, I inspected the property and saw a lot of work going (3 weeks in a row), so I was like - Yea, this could work for me. At the time of payment, I requested for a particular floor which was available and they said choosing a floor attracts an additional fee. we negotiated to a minimal acceptable fee. (I already started suspecting them afterwards)

As optimistic as I want to sound, I think about it daily "Have I made the wrong decision in buying from Lekki Gardens?"
There are just so many bad stories online and offline about people's experiences and I don't understand how an organization can live and operate with such bad PR and be seemingly okay with it.

After payment they told me we agreed give 3 months(January) in the contract given and I would be allocated my Shell to begin my interior and all that. I was even surprised how sometime last week I was told that I should come and fix my burglary proof undecided in my flat because they were doing some wiring and they want the flat protected from workers. I was like "SHUO!", I didn't understand why they were telling me that because I'm not in full custody of that property yet and what exactly does " ensuring the flat is protected from workers".

Anyway since October, I live in lagos so I have visited the site a couple of times but what baffles me the most is this:-

If you go to the Horizons I, at the end of the road where they are located, there are block of flats on the right (which seem completed) and the block of flats on the left(which is where mine is) that are still undergoing construction( I wish I had pictures to show). Well, since September till about 2 weeks ago when I saw those block of flats completed on the right for the first time( I took a tour inside and the shells were at their completed stages), i've asked them, "these flats are completed, they are probably 32 in total, how come the 'owners' of these flats are not seen working on their shells?" ; they'll answer that "They will be called soon, they will be called soon" . In my mind, i'm like if these flats that have looked completed since October and by end of November they've not been allocated, what are the assurances that these timeline given to me will be met.

There is just something a lil fishy about their operations, and I know I'm already neck deep but I am also optimistic that I made the right decision and that has been solidified a couple of times when Richard (CEO, LG) called me to give his assurances.

I hope this forum continues and we can continue to share information and experiences.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
hmmmm
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Julesrule: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Just to add to what has been said; the roof especially for the terrace blk is not demarcated. For a 4 blk terrace, you can walk from one end to the other via the roof (plus there are man holes). It would be wise to demarcate yours to prevent entry and exit of unwanted guests. There have been recorded cases in phase 2 already.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by austinkenneth: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Some shell houses completed in Phase 2 are sinking a bit showing that the soil was not well compacted. The guys are a fraud.

On top of that they are advertising that people should buy two ready to move in houses in horizon 1 & 2 and get another free. ready to move in? They must be kidding. I thought it was just shell houses they were selling.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2015
Well...guys I moved in finally during the xmas holiday . Water is a sorry case and I personally do not think their reservoir can handle the population of the estate. Water has always been on and off since I have been here and my family is already counting down to when they will head back to our base which is sad.

However , katakata don burst with electricity. They have formed a resident association and they had a meeting with Richacd Nyong on 2nd of January to reduce all tariffs- Service charge, Base and KW charge for electricity. After a series of back and forth at the meeting, it was determined that LG should remove the generator if they could not reduce the charges.
On getting home last night , they have removed the generator and we had to sleep with no light. Thanks to the weather , it wasn't so bad but I almost ran mad because of my kids. They have not experienced this before.

I do not know where this is going to end but I know phase 2 is planning to sue LG and they will be in for a series of legal battle. I hope they can handle it.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
I hope all these negative news(sinking building etc) coming out of lekki gardens are isolated cases. I invested more than 30mil in 2 properties. As it is now I may just sell one and keep one. One question I have is with all these negative news how come lekki gardens keep expanding( opening up estates in gbagada and other areas of lagos every few months). These means people keep investing in them. If their services were so poor, they will not be attracting new investors. Just saying. As it is now my finger's are crossed still waiting for keys to my properties in phase 4
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ Pecos. What was the estimate of how much you spent on finishing your property after u received ur keys?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 1:57am On Jan 08, 2015
debojyde:
@ Pecos. What was the estimate of how much you spent on finishing your property after u received ur keys?

It all depends on the kind of finishing that you want. I bought all wardrobe from ikea and also bought tiles and other bathroom accessories from Home Depot in U.S. I had to change all internal pipes and replaced with enco pipe which is more expensive.

I spent nothing less than 6 million. I have not had time to put the figures together but I would have done it cheaper if I was on ground.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by princeatom: 9:31am On Jan 08, 2015
Hello All,

Please find below the Lekki Gardens Estate Handbook. Can this be given to a tenant not to talk of a house owner? This people are ridiculous and far from reality.

Good morning all.

LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE
RESIDENTS’ HANDBOOK
CONTENT
1. INTRODUCTION
2. THE ESTATE
3. PREAMBLE
4. COMMON AREAS
5. SECURITY
6. FACILITIES
7. CHARGES
8. DISCONTINUATION OF SERVICES
9. RESIDENT’S ASSOCIATION
10. WASTE DISPOSAL
11. SOCIAL EVENT
12. CODE OF CONDUCT & GENERAL RULES
13. HANDOVER OF APARTMENT TO OWNERS
14. EXIT AND MOVING OUT PROCEDURE
INTRODUCTION
This handbook is issued by LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE to each registered house owner.
It is important that every owner is thoroughly familiar with all the information contained in this handbook.
The purchaser undertakes to comply with the contents of this schedule in its entirety
USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS
LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Security: 07045619041
Facility Management: 08084224613
THE ESTATE
We wish to appreciate and congratulate all stakeholders of Lekki Gardens Estate. Our vision is to provide houses, home ownership services, good and secured neighbourhood.
Lekki Gardens Estate is considered one of the finest residential estate in the country. The Estate is served by common property consisting of open areas, roads and infrastructural services.
The objective of the Lekki Gardens Estate is the provision of a high quality lifestyle for residents, and the intention of these rules is for the protection of this lifestyle. Happy and harmonious community living is achieved when residents use and enjoy their private property as well as the public areas of the Estate.
As a home owner in the estate, you are entitled to efficient and effective estate management services from Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd. You contract with and pay directly to Lekki Gardens Estate for your consumption of electricity, water and all other services provided commonly.
PREAMBLE
Declaration of covenants, conditions and restrictions
A. Preamble
This declaration of covenants, conditions and restrictions (the Rules) are mutually accented to by all residents and home owners within Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd and are set out for the management of conduct of the Residents, their heirs, privies and assigns (collectively called Residents) within Lekki Gardens Estates/Apartment and are made pursuant to and in complement to the mutual obligations contained in the Contract of Sale/Deed of Assignment executed by Owners of Apartments within Lekki Gardens Estates.
These regulations may be cited as the Lekki Gardens Estate Handbook or the Lekki Gardens Estate Rules.
B. Terms
i. Unless the context clearly indicates the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
ii. Any reference to the male gender includes the female gender.
iii. Where one word is defined hereunder it shall bear the same meaning in the Contract of Sale or Deed of Assignment unless inconsistent
with the context.
iv. This handbook shall be read together with the provision of the
Contract of Sale/Deed of Assignment between the Owners and the developers of Lekki Garden Estates Apartment.
C. Definitions
i. “Association” shall mean an association of Residents of Lekki Gardens Estate Apartments, which shall be constituted in accordance with the objectives of Lekki Garden Estates Ltd.
ii. “Common Areas” shall mean open spaces, non-buildable and yet to be developed portions as well as recreational spaces within Lekki Garden Estates Apartments which shall include staircases and other amenities, like roads and drainages within the Property, which are to be shared by Residents of the Apartments.
iii. “Company” shall mean Lekki Garden Estates Ltd.
iv. “Apartments” shall mean a housing unit like Flats, A wing Duplex,
Twin Duplexes and Detached House within Lekki Garden Estates.
v. “Household” shall mean occupants of such housing unit occupying an
apartment within Lekki Garden Estate.
vi. “Resident” shall mean the occupant(s) of each apartment, privies or
visitors of such a person.
COMMON AREAS
1. The common areas shall be for the use of all Residents within Lekki Garden Estates Apartments and shall at no time be deemed to form part of the interest granted to any Resident within Lekki Garden Estates.
2. Road network, Gate houses, Entrance gate, perimeter wall, electric fence, recreational areas and external areas of houses are all owned, controlled and maintained by Lekki Garden Estates as common area.
3. The Common Area shall be within the exclusive ownership and management of Lekki Garden Estates Ltd. Nothing shall be done or kept in any common area, which will create nuisance on the common areas within Lekki Garden Estates/Apartments or limit the peaceful enjoyment of other residents of their respective apartments with Lekki Garden Estates.
4. The Residents be it as individuals or collectively as an association shall not make any improvements and/or alteration within the Common Areas without the prior written consent of Lekki Garden Estates Ltd.
5. In the event of damage caused to any fixture within the Common Areas by any Resident, Lekki Garden Estates shall evaluate the cost of rectifying the damage and notify the Resident of same. The Resident shall ensure that payments for rectifying the damage are made within 24(hours) of the occurrence of the said damage.
6. Where the damage is caused by a visitor/guest of a resident, such visitor/guest shall be liable to repair the damage caused, and in the event that such visitor/guest fails, refuses and/or neglects to repair the damage, the resident shall be responsible for the cost of the repair as outline in Clause 5 above.
7. Where a resident fails to rectify damage to any fixture in accordance with 5 and 6 above, Lekki Garden Estate Ltd shall rectify the damage and demand the cost of rectification from the resident. If the resident fails to make payment within 24hours, Lekki Garden Estates Ltd may discontinue services to the Resident’s Apartment until payment is made.
8. Owners are required to maintain the exteriors of their house such as the varnishing of the doors, window frames but not the painting as Painting is done by Lekki Gardens Estate.
PROVIDED
1. The maintenance of units both internally including all railings, garden walls is the responsibility of the Owners/Residents.
2. Owners are required to maintain the exteriors of their apartment such as the varnishing of the doors and window frames.
SECURITY
1. The Estate and residential areas shall be secured by guards, mobile policemen, electrified and barbed wire fences and a gate.
2. Access through the main entrance gates is controlled by the Security Guard on duty, and the phone system is installed inside the gatehouse to communicate to each individual unit so that visitor access may be controlled by the Security Guard on duty. Visitors will only be announced by the Security Guard to the number which has been programmed into the phone system. Under no circumstances are the guards permitted to phone several numbers looking for the occupant. Furthermore, all visitors to the
Estate are required to sign in at the access gate, and if the resident is unavailable the visitor cannot be allowed in.
3. The security of residents within Lekki Garden Estate is our utmost concern and priority.
4. All visitors/guest of the residents may only be granted access into Lekki Garden Estates Apartments after their destinations and identities have been confirmed by the hosting resident to the security guard at the entrance of Lekki Garden Estates.
5. Access to the Estate is limited to residents, to registered domestic staff, to authorized visitors and security-cleared persons. It must be remembered that there are many persons other than residents who, of necessity, have to be on the Estate – gardening workers, building contractors staff, delivery people, repair service-men, and others. It is therefore obvious that security consciousness should still be maintained at all times. Security is a shared responsibility. Security starts at home.
6. Casual workers are not encouraged to be used on the Estate but should they occasionally be required they must be recorded in and out at Security, and escorted by the owner from and to the gate.
7. Workers, domestic and casual, are not permitted to wander around the estate unattended.
FACILITIES
1. Roads and Drainages
Lekki Gardens Estates Ltd shall provide and maintain paved roads and drainages within the Estate for the welfare of all residents
2. Electricity
a. The supply and management of electrical power supply within Lekki Garden Estate Apartment shall be the responsibility of Lekki Gardens Estate Systems.
b. Lekki Garden Estates shall ensure that uninterrupted power be provided 12hours on weekdays (6pm – 7am) and 24hours on weekends.
c. Lekki Garden Estates Ltd shall provide for the benefit of each Household, a pre-paid electricity meter for the purpose of measuring and billing power consumed by each household.
d. It is prohibited for any Occupant/Resident to tamper with the pre- paid meter system or conduct any wiring or connection.
e. The acceptable methods for recharging or topping up the pre-paid meters are
a. By cheque issued in favour of ”LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE FACILITY MANAGEMENT LTD”
b. By payment of cash directly into Lekki Gardens Account or any other bank account advised to Occupants/Residents and the payment teller submitted to the LGEM staff as evidence of payment.
c. By POS at the facility office.
f. On no account will cash be received at the facility office for recharging or topping up pre-paid meters.
g. Residents will be responsible for payment for the power consumed within their Household.
h. For the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of the Estate, no resident is permitted to bring or install individual or collective generating set other than those provided by Lekki Garden Estates Ltd.
3. Water
a. The provision of water in Lekki Garden Estates Apartment shall be the responsibility of Lekki Garden Estates Ltd’s Water Services System under the management of Lekki Garden Estates Ltd.
b. For the purpose of 3a above Lekki Garden Estates Ltd shall deploy borehole facilities at strategic locations to supply water through a Central managed water treatment system to all Residents on Lekki Garden Estates Apartment.
c. Occupants/Residents are not permitted to install individual water boreholes as this violates estate approved building plan rules and conditions regarding provision of clean and usable hygienic source of water to residents.
FACILITY MANAGEMENT CHARGES
1. Every unit/owner occupant shall pay a reviewable service charge per annum or prescribed applicable amount on specific house type for service charge payable in advance which charges cover road drainage maintenance, cleaning of common parts, water treatment/supply, refuse
collection, sewage disposal and security in the estate, maintenance of road network and painting of external portions of houses from time to time.
2. Every Occupant/Resident shall pay a reviewable power surcharge.
DISCONTINUATION OF SERVICES
Illegal connection to power will cost N400,000.00 each both for the perpetrator and the accomplice.
Lekki Garden Estates Ltd shall be entitled to discontinue all services to any resident who is in default of payment of service charges arising from provision of any of the services provided pursuant to this handbook.
RESIDENT’S ASSOCIATION
All resident within Lekki Gardens Estate Apartments shall upon the coming into effect of these Rules constitute a Resident’s Association. The executive member of the association shall from time to time meet with the management of Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd for the regulation of the affairs of residents provided that any rules or regulations made by the association shall be subject to the rules and regulations of this Estate Handbook.
WASTE DISPOSAL
1. Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd shall employ the services of a reputable waste disposal Company for the disposal and management of waste within Lekki Gardens Estate Apartments and shall prescribe the service charge payable by Residents for this service.
2. Lekki Garden Estate Ltd is empowered to make further rules in relation to waste disposal as it may consider necessary, to enhance the aesthetic appeal and general hygiene of Lekki Garden Estates Apartments.
3. Resident must ensure that all common areas such as rooftops, stairways, parking lots, drainage etc are not littered or defaced in any manner. Residents must refrain from causing any form of obstruction of the said areas.
4. Residents must properly dispose all refuse using refuse bags, refuse must not be allowed to be left over night to prevent rodent infestation in Lekki Garden Estate Apartments. The refuse must be disposed through the waste chute provided at each Apartment block.
5. No refuse should be dumped on the street.
6. Each household is required to provide a standard rubbish bin placed in a suitable position not visible from the street or by neighbors and black plastic refuse bags are not to be left on the roads within the estate, and it is not permitted to burn household or garden refuse on the Estate.
SOCIAL EVENT
1. The Residents shall ensure that their activities do not constitute a nuisance to other residents and shall take steps to minimize the noise generated within their household.
2. Where a resident intends to host a party, meeting or other social functions within his apartment, he shall notify the Management of Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd of his intention to host the party, meeting or social function and shall follow such guidelines as the management may give in relation thereto.
3. Parties must be conducted with minimal noise generation. No music, noise or merrymaking may be heard beyond the boundaries of the applicable property between midnight and 8.00am unless permission has been obtained from all owners to be affected. No parties, meetings or social gatherings shall extend beyond 10pm.
4. Where a resident intends to host a party, meeting or other social function within his apartment, he shall co-operate with the management of Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd to ensure that vehicles belonging to his guest are not parked in a manner that may inconvenience other residents within Lekki Garden Estates Apartment. In the event of breach of this provision, the management is hereby empowered to take steps to remedy the breach.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND GENERAL RULES
1. Conduct rules, for a community development such as ours, provide an acceptable code by which members may live together reasonably and harmoniously and without interfering with other’s enjoyment.
2. Further and other LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE rules are listed below, and it is essential that every owner and member of the household reads and understands and abodes by them. Owners are reminded it is their responsibility to ensure that all of their invitees, guests and family members comply with all rules.
3. While all the rules are important, attention is drawn to the following broad points which require careful consideration.
(a) Pets must not be allowed to roam around the premises and the common areas without a minder. All dogs must be on a leash.
(b) Pets are not permitted to soil the compound and occupants/residents are expected to clean up after their pets in the interest of hygiene.
4. Speed limit is 20KPH (Please be cautious of children and toddlers in the Estate)
5. Washing lines should not be visible from the road.
6. Estate facility charges are to be paid in advance.
7. Unless otherwise stated, a fine of N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand naira) will be charged by Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd on the levy statement for any rule contravened in this handbook.
8. Each owner will maintain their property in a clean and tidy condition.
9. It is understood that each owner will be responsible for the conduct of their
visitors and workers on the estate at all times.
10. Vehicles of owners shall be properly parked at all times so as to leave maneuvering space for access to neigbouring garages and/or parking areas. Owners are responsible to ensure that their visitors park in the correct place and do not cause any obstruction either in relation to garages, driveways, or otherwise.
11. Lekki Gardens Estate Managers may have cause to remove or tow away, at the risk and expense of the owner of the vehicle, any vehicle parked, and standing or abandoned on the common property.
12. Should any damage be caused to the common property by an owner, his family, his tenants, his visitors, pets etc, the owner shall be liable to reimburse LEKKI GARDENS ESTATE for the cost of repairing such damage.
13. Residents are not permitted to tamper in any way with the generating sets or diesel on the premises.
14. Residents should feel free at all times, through the facility office, to make suggestions or raise any queries regarding anything to do with the Estate, Requests will be dealt with as possible.
15. In the first instance all complaints should be directed IN WRITING to the Facility office, where after appropriate action will be taken or the problem suitably explained. Lekki Gardens Estate Ltd encourages the bringing out into the open of any problems rather than residents seeking private opinion or advice from possibly uninformed co-residents/owners.
HANDOVER OF APARTMENT TO OWNERS
Apartments within Lekki Gardens Estate shall be deemed to be handed over to Owners by Lekki Garden Estate Ltd in accordance with the following procedure
1. After execution of title document.
2. Presentation of the Letter of introduction to Lekki Garden Estate Ltd Facility Managers/Officers
3. Upon receipt of letter of introduction Lekki Garden Estate Ltd would provide the owner with
(a) List of Lekki Garden Estate Ltd Facility Manager’s/officer’s comprising name, numbers and e-mail addresses.
(b) Emergency telephone numbers to be used by Residents in the event of an emergency
(c) Layout of Lekki Garden Estate Apartments showing service map and exits
(d) Apartment layout showing details of the Resident’s apartment
(e) Invoice of 1st month service charge
(f) Resident handbook
(g) Welcome letter
EXIT AND MOVING OUT PROCEDURE
The procedure for moving out of Lekki Gardens Estate Apartment for both Owners/Residents shall be as follows:
1. A resident/owner shall notify Lekki Garden Estate Ltd before moving out of Lekki Garden Estate Apartment.
2. Upon notification of a Resident’s/owner’s intention to move out, Lekki Garden Estate Ltd shall prepare a final account of outstanding service charges or such other monies as may be outstanding and send to the Owner/Resident for settlement and
3. Upon settlement of all outstanding monies, Lekki Garden Estate Ltd shall issue the Resident a clearance certificate, which must be presented at the exit point before the Resident is allowed to move out of Lekki Garden Estate Apartments. Before such clearance certificate
4. Owner/Resident and Lekki Garden Estate Ltd will execute a schedule of inventory detailing the vacant state of the apartment or otherwise for documentation.
Having read the contents of the handbook, I accept to be fully bound by same.
Name:................................................................................................ Signature:........................................................................................ Date:................................................................................................ Block:........................................ Apartment:.................................... Lekki Gardens Estate Phase ........................

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sammiejo: 5:38am On Jan 14, 2015
@pecos and princeatom; where you in Phase 2 yesterday? Did you see the drama? Whoa! Indeed,the one the gods seek to destroy,they first make mad.
As the Bible say, pride goes before a fall. People seem to have forgotten that we only know the beginning of a war, but we don't know how it will end.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammiejo:
@pecos and princeatom; where you in Phase 2 yesterday? Did you see the drama? Whoa! Indeed,the one the gods seek to destroy,they first make mad.
As the Bible say, pride goes before a fall. People seem to have forgotten that we only know the beginning of a war, but we don't know how it will end.

Can you let us know what happened?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
That rules and regulations seems to have been lifted straight out of a Texas HOA.

You couldn't pay me to reside in such a scheme.

Good luck to all concerned.

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
What exactly happened in phase 2. It seems to me that the service charges is one of the main issues of contention. Personally, I have no issues with paying the service charges IF THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED but so far most indications are that people who paid services fees are not getting the services(power supply, etc) they paid for.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by cyrilikem: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
debojyde:
What exactly happened in phase 2. It seems to me that the service charges is one of the main issues of contention. Personally, I have no issues with paying the service charges IF THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED but so far most indications are that people who paid services fees are not getting the services(power supply, etc) they paid for.

Its very disappointing that lekki gardens have turned out to be far less than what I bargained for when I subscribed.
First, its the ridiculous charges we are "forced" to pay both in service charge and electricity. Why would someone pay 55/KW to lekki gardens when they pay 23.70/KW to PHCN? did they modify or improve the power? After payment, we are only guaranteed steady light for only 12hrs (phcn +gen), meanwhile other estates pay same 55/KW for 24hrs uninterrupted power supply. Our neighbour, VGC pay at the most 13/KW. I take this to be a dis-service to all subscribers by lekki gardens. I hope Mr Richard will listen to the voice of wisdom and suggestions from residents and correct this unwholesome anomaly. I believe he made money from selling the houses and should relax the charges; cos right now they look like "imposed and prohibitive fees" solely determined by unknown persons and forced on residents.
secondly, he lack of water is very disturbing. its one excuse or the other followed by empty promises. When the water comes, its not so clean.

The whole situation and saga is not good both for lekki gardens mgt and residents. Something needs to happen... and very fast to save the situation.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 9:40am On Jan 18, 2015
Sammiejo:

Sammiejo,

I had to leave the house around 1pm so I could beat the traffic to catch a flight. However, I got information that Richard was on the premises on that day but not sure why he came.

Could you please share with us what happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.