Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (814078 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 6:13pm On May 31, 2015
I'm in Coventry university, and I must say this school has exceeded my expectation in so many respects. Maybe its cos of my area which is Mechanical Engineering, as they have major industrial backing from companies like JLR. The Aerospace and Automotive departments are also very very good. I do not know so much about some other faculties but I am impressed by what I have seen so far. The feedback is wonderful, and we get a chance to access the performance of our lecturers and our satisfaction on the depth of the modules. The student to lecturer ratio is also very good, and the availability of IT facilities and industry standard software.

I'm not surprised at the improvement in ranking, although there are many issues that needs be addressed like Grade and Area consideration in admission, and odd department and faculty integration (them no try for this one at all)...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 31, 2015
gcey2k:
I'm in Coventry university, and I must say this school has exceeded my expectation in so many respects. Maybe its cos of my area which is Mechanical Engineering, as they have major industrial backing from companies like JLR. The Aerospace and Automotive departments are also very very good. I do not know so much about some other faculties but I am impressed by what I have seen so far. The feedback is wonderful, and we get a chance to access the performance of our lecturers and our satisfaction on the depth of the modules. The student to lecturer ratio is also very good, and the availability of IT facilities and industry standard software.

I'm not surprised at the improvement in ranking, although there are many issues that needs be addressed like Grade and Area consideration in admission, and odd department and faculty integration (them no try for this one at all)...
Good to have an "insider" perspective, it will help those considering studying at Coventry to make an informed choice. I don't understand what the bolded is all about, but I'm sure that's not only me.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 7:41pm On May 31, 2015
naijamark:

Good to have an "insider" perspective, it will help those considering studying at Coventry to make an informed choice. I don't understand what the bolded is all about, but I'm sure that's not only me.

GRADES- the school currently accepts students with low BSc grades for direct MSc, something you may not find even in Nigeria.

AREA- just like the grades, they accept people from other areas of study not directly related to their MSc courses but may have something to do with it. For instance in my department, we have people from Biomedical background studying MSc Mechanical Engineering. It sometimes make the approach towards the course very basic so as to accommodate them. A PgD at least would have helped them to get some background knowledge of Mech. Engr. Though some might be baffled, Mechanical Engineering has a lot to do with "Biomedics" these days with areas like Body implants for old and disabled people.

Just my observations though... I may be wrong

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 31, 2015
gcey2k please don't drive me to East Anglia o hehehe...biko.Its good sha talking about the highs and lows.coming to coventry university but london campus
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2015
Preciousstones:
gcey2k please don't drive me to East Anglia o hehehe...biko.Its good sha talking about the highs and lows.coming to coventry university but london campus

Lol... Dear, I like stating the fact as it is no matter what... I am here and not regretting it... I think its good you know what you would get to experience so as to help you make your choice by comparing the pros against the cons depending on your career interests... Cos as we all know nothing is perfect, not even the Harvards and MITs...

I'd gladly welcome you here, though not here as you will be in London... what course will you be studying by the way?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2015
gcey2k:

Lol... Dear, I like stating the fact as it is no matter what... I am here and not regretting it... I think its good you know what you would get to experience so as to help you make your choice by comparing the pros against the cons depending on your career interests... Cos as we all know nothing is perfect, not even the Harvards and MITs...

I'd gladly welcome you here, though not here as you will be in London... what course will you be studying by the way?

cheesy Thank you,Its management course international human resource management.I coventry for some reasons.Their Moodles played a major factor in my decision.and I can do an internship,distertion or a project at the end of the program which is interesting compared to UEA whose HRM has few moodles but they are bucky and they have exams and distertion.and Nigerians are very few there lols

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by sammydoe: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2015
Justwise abeg person fit renew naija international passport for nigerian embassy in central London?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 8:52am On Jun 02, 2015
sammydoe:
Justwise abeg person fit renew naija international passport for nigerian embassy in central London?

Definitely you can.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hello everyone cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
adaobi123:
Hello everyone cool

Just found your password today? grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

Just found your password today? grin

Lmao. Ive been busy with school. Exam period. I have one more exam left and I'm done with first year. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
adaobi123:

Lmao. Ive been busy with school. Exam period. I have one more exam left and I'm done with first year. cheesy

I guess you can't wait for summer holidays?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

I guess you can't wait for summer holidays?

Hmmm, I guess so. I move into my new place in August so I'll be going back and forth.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
adaobi123:

Hmmm, I guess so. I move into my new place in August so I'll be going back and forth.

You are having a blast! grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:13am On Jun 03, 2015
adaobi123:
Hello everyone cool
Where hath thou cometh from grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Kriptic: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2015
University of Aberdeen, anyone?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2015
Preciousstones:

cheesy Thank you,Its management course international human resource management.I coventry for some reasons.Their Moodles played a major factor in my decision.and I can do an internship,distertion or a project at the end of the program which is interesting compared to UEA whose HRM has few moodles but they are bucky and they have exams and distertion.and Nigerians are very few there lols

Nice to know that... Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by motherheart: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
uk generally is expensive
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by BumpyT(f): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
sadi wish i could say something sensible right now sad
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 04, 2015
justwise:

You are having a blast! grin

Lol I guess I am.

spikesC:

Where hath thou cometh from grin

Hiding in my books cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2015
BumpyT:
sadi wish i could say something sensible right now sad
something sensible cool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2015
adaobi123:

Hiding in my books cheesy

Good for you cool
How is pharmacy going
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 04, 2015
spikesC:

Good for you cool
How is pharmacy going

Its a good course. I really enjoy it, apart from the reading though grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
adaobi123:

Its a good course. I really enjoy it, apart from the reading though grin
Apart from the reading? Isn't that the whole idea of studying grin

When are we getting a new meth from you grin
Just for research purposes
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Change is the only constant thing in life. And to whom much is given, a lot more is expected. Coventry University have made great adjustments in one of the problems i highlighted before as the department of Petroleum and Environmental Technology have been moved to its deserved Faculty of Engineering and Computing. That is a significant indication of their push to be taken serious...

I will now modify my earlier comment and hope they look towards solving the others...

cc
Preciousstones
naijamark

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
gcey2k:
Change is the only constant thing in life. And to whom much is given, a lot more is expected. Coventry University have made great adjustments in one of the problems i highlighted before as the department of Petroleum and Environmental Technology have been moved to its deserved Faculty of Engineering and Computing. That is a significant indication of their push to be taken serious...

I will now modify my earlier comment and hope they look towards solving the others...

cc
Preciousstones
naijamark

Whao! Beginning to like this school, young, vibrant and giving the likes of my school a run for their money. With all you've said about Coventry University, I believe the school is all out to reposition itself for excellence. New ranking well deserved.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
spikesC:

New meth ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Anyi3(m): 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
spikesC:

Please don't spoil this sister biko. Ignore her question grin grin

adaobi123:

New meth ?
Sister don't mind the bad boy wink
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kokegbe(m): 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
anyone going to University of Huddersfield in September?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2015
Anyi3:

Explain please angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Anyi3:

I am not spoiling her nah grin
Every pharmacist in training always try to cook up their own.
It's the fun part of studying pharmacy.

adaobi123:

Explain please angry

So you seriously don't know what meth is undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by hitunes(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Any1 going to the University of Essex?

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (213) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.