Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15249 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by sweetgala(m): 9:39am On Mar 23, 2012
In my daily life tribalism has never affected my judgment or caused undue resentments to persons of Igbo estraction. I have Igbo friends and almost definitely no hausa or Fulanis friends few ijaw friends here and there, the average yoruba youth is indifferent to Igbo, few okoro jokes might be told in the presence of his Igbo friend but the strong spirit of friendship and loyalty would remain. It is unfortunate that such is impossible with an Igbo man, so engulfed with hate and resentment due to a war far gone and best forgotten that distrust where not needed would always spoil a friendship, my several months here have reaffirmed that opinion. Igbo children are systematically raised to distrust yoruba children, even when they live in the same community, it is truly sad.

Igbo people need to let go of the war, so many people with of different ethnic grouping with diverse interests contributed to the culmination of an evil and dark episode of our history which is best forgotten. The civil war has no victor just victims and several wicked men some of whom were themselves manipulated, ojukwu,Awo, obj and all others inclusive.
Igbo's can't deny yoruba hospitality, we are truly a kind people, we make a lot of noise but do little, in reality yoruba people are peaceful and regard conflict as negative for all parties,and you will see a well learned and knowledgeable yoruba man willing to resolve a disagreement even when he is right.

Yoruba people we get our own problems, one of them is not hate. Yoruba people sincerely have very little time for keeping old scores.

I truly love Igbo people with great indifference as I do any other nigerian, I have my assumptions enforced by stereotypes established but this is not a tool in judging character by me, I'm discerning enough to give everyman his merits as due.

I would not venture into hausa Fulanis as I have almost no personal relationship with any due to my little travel,one day I'll make up my mind on that topic.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2012
sweet_gala: In my daily life tribalism has never affected my judgment or caused undue resentments to persons of Igbo estraction. I have Igbo friends and almost definitely no hausa or Fulanis friends few ijaw friends here and there, the average yoruba youth is indifferent to Igbo, few okoro jokes might be told in the presence of his Igbo friend but the strong spirit of friendship and loyalty would remain. It is unfortunate that such is impossible with an Igbo man, so engulfed with hate and resentment due to a war far gone and best forgotten that distrust where not needed would always spoil a friendship, my several months here have reaffirmed that opinion. Igbo children are systematically raised to distrust yoruba children, even when they live in the same community, it is truly sad.

Igbo people need to let go of the war, so many people with of different ethnic grouping with diverse interests contributed to the culmination of an evil and dark episode of our history which is best forgotten. The civil war has no victor just victims and several wicked men some of whom were themselves manipulated, ojukwu,Awo, obj and all others inclusive.
Igbo's can't deny yoruba hospitality, we are truly a kind people, we make a lot of noise but do little, in reality yoruba people are peaceful and regard conflict as negative for all parties,and you will see a well learned and knowledgeable yoruba man willing to resolve a disagreement even when he is right.

Y[b]oruba people we get our own problems, one of them is not hate[/b]. Yoruba people sincerely have very little time for keeping old scores.

I truly love Igbo people with great indifference as I do any other nigerian, I have my assumptions enforced by stereotypes established but this is not a tool in judging character by me, I'm discerning enough to give everyman his merits as due.

I would not venture into hausa Fulanis as I have almost no personal relationship with any due to my little travel,one day I'll make up my mind on that topic.
Guy it goes both ways, i remember what my cousin went through because he was dating a Yoruba girl he found a letter from the girls mum tellin her daughter that igbo people are wicked she should be careful that she should just collect money from him but but never marry him they were both in college in UK my cousin gives her money help her out so many times even the money my cus receive from his parents for pocket money and school fees and when he wanted to sort his papers out he went to meet one man someone introduced to him that bring girls for marry to get paper everything went well till he leak the secret to his Yoruba girl she said to him not make any payment to the man that she will do it for him and the man warned him not to use his girl friend that most times it never worked but he didn't believe that his so call babe will mess him up at last cus of tribalism.

They did the marriage and everything went fine one day the British home office told him to bring his passport and her passport so that they process his papers and his student visa was valid at the time,do u no that that girl refuse to send her passport started using my cousin and she messed that guy future up,and she married her own yoruba after but the yoruba man dumped her after 3 kids and my cousin still got his papers but from different source and he was set back for good 6 yrs,so my guy, life have a pay back you know! that is why i said igbos have seen that even after the war these people dont want change we have to defend ourselves,you think igbos don't have stories to tell even the new generation can see for themselves, aint no fool pls you should understand why igbos behave that way they got serious reasons to do so..........
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
Da infamous: Guy it goes both ways, i remember what my cousin went through because he was dating a Yoruba girl he found a letter from the girls mum tellin her daughter that igbo people are wicked she should be careful that she should just collect money from him but but never marry him they were both in college in UK my cousin gives her money help her out so many times even the money my cus receive from his parents for pocket money and school fees and when he wanted to sort his papers out he went to meet one man someone introduced to him that bring girls for marry to get paper everything went well till he leak the secret to his Yoruba girl she said to him not make any payment to the man that she will do it for him and the man warned him not to use his girl friend that most times it never worked but he didn't believe that his so call babe will mess him up at last cus of tribalism.

They did the marriage and everything went fine one day the British home office told him to bring his passport and her passport so that they process his papers and his student visa was valid at the time,do u no that that girl refuse to send her passport started using my cousin and she messed that guy future up,and she married her own yoruba after but the yoruba man dumped her after 3 kids and my cousin still got his papers but from different source and he was set back for good 6 yrs,so my guy, life have a pay back you know! that is why i said igbos have seen that even after the war these people dont want change we have to defend ourselves,you think igbos don't have stories to tell even the new generation can see for themselves, aint no fool pls you should understand why igbos behave that way they got serious reasons to do so..........

So do you want me to tell you a few stories of Igbo girls behaving dishonestly and messing things up for people? Do you want me to tell you about the day an Igbo scammed my father out of N800,000? Come on, stop pointing fingers and whining. Why must Igbos hang on too every little thing that happens too them in life? An Igboi scammed my father, I have a legitimate reason too hate Igbos for life, but I choose not too. I choose not too spend my life crying about petty things that have happened in my life. Why can't Igbo people do the same?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by LogicMind: 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
olayinka1987:

So do you want me to tell you a few stories of Igbo girls behaving dishonestly and messing things up for people? Do you want me to tell you about the day an Igbo scammed my father out of N800,000? Come on, stop pointing fingers and whining. Why must Igbos hang on too every little thing that happens too them in life? An Igboi scammed my father, I have a legitimate reason too hate Igbos for life, but I choose not too. I choose not too spend my life crying about petty things that have happened in my life. Why can't Igbo people do the same?

Well you just confirmed that your father is a big fool.
Like father like son.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
Logic Mind:

Like father like son.

No what I confirmed is that even though Igbo people are greedy thieves I choose not to cry and complain about it. But if a Yoruba person does something to an Igbo person, the Igbo will cry about it until he hits his death bed.

Your father is the bigger fool for sticking his penis into your useless mother. Nonsense!!!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa1: 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
Logic Mind:

Like father like son.

una go wound pesin for NL o grin grin grin grin

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
Logic Mind:

Like father like son.

And do agree with my dad being a fool. He must've been a fool too trust an Igbo man. Believe me, he never made that mistake again. Neither will I. Trusting an Igbo person to be honest and true to their word is like headbutting a brick wall. It makes no sense at all.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
If you hate someone that bad, Why do you still troop to his land to live?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dede1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
dayokanu: If you hate someone that bad, Why do you still troop to his land to live?

dayolodo

You will not gain admission into a community college if you continue to murder grammar in the fashion shown above. Were you instructed to continue a sentence with a capital letter after a coma?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Gracie1818(f): 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
Dayo monkey,u need to go thru d war history books written by foreign journalists like forsythe and be true to ur conscience.I don't realy have much time to ague with half-men,ok.U.S and all europe revisited their urgly pasts with good conscience,thus they are moving forward without past grudges.Do not pretend that Nigeria is moving forward.We may pretend in nairaland but not on the street.When U.S ,europe and china start rolling out electric cars in five years time it will be too late because not just the nation but the society will crash to inexplicable poverty.No amount of government policy on curruption,environment,job creation etc will ork as long as it is being hunted by the ghosts of the past.If u don't understand how partriotism and love affects society and nation building then I'm sorry ur brain is pussycat brain. On the intrgues of the coup , read history books written by foreign jounalist so u won't say it was written by nzeogwu or ojukwu. Let me ask you ,had did been that Oladipo diya and Olarinwaju coup plot lead to blood birth that took out some officers and politician that may depict onesidedness,would it be justified to start killing yorubas in the north?Would it have been justice if innocent women and chilren from middle belt who knew nothing about how to carry a gun talkless of plan a coup are slaughtered and some given their eyeballs to chew and swallow.if its justice by you then u and al haram ,and the people u share thesame opinion with are satanic and by God justice will surely lose ur kis to genocide . To Olayinka scammers and victims cuts accross all human race and ethnic groups Many yorubas and Igbos are into yahoo,yahoon,armed robbery and other crime.My inlaw's house(4 duplexes) in lagos is lying waste because the yoruba contractor he trusted used very inferior materials and generally did not do the right thing.The builing is filled with cracks and many parts are sinking.With honesty to God ,this happened to my inlaw and my unles warehouse
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Gracie1818(f): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
Would it be justice to kill dayo kanu if diyas coup was a blood bathe? Alharam think think why didn't IBB kil Orkas middle beltas after the 1990 bloody coup.Were they not given fair trial
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
Gracie1818: Would it be justice to kill dayo kanu if diyas coup was a blood bathe? Alharam think think why didn't IBB kil Orkas middle beltas after the 1990 bloody coup.Were they not given fair trial

In case you dont know, thats how the world works the real world, not the Aba made world you live in.

When Some rascals killed Archduke ferdinand, Those that didnt even hear of the news were killed in the ensuing war in 1914-1918

When Hitler went on rampage, innocent Germans who didnt even support him lost their lives between 1940 and 1945

When Al Qaeda struck the US, ppl who didnt even know what Al Qaeda stands for were killed. from 2001 even till now 2012

Thats the nature of life so deal with it instead of coming on the internet to whine like a biatch everytime.

A Yoruba man would know and teach his kids that if you sow the seedlings of wickedness, You would eat out of it, even your children family and community would partake of it ( Eni ti o ba gbin ebu ika, Omo re ma je nibe)

Those useless Igbo soldiers planted the seeds of murder and wickedness and all their family and community ate out of their own Wickedness which was dealt to them fresh and hot (Gbono feli feli) by benjamin Adekunle

Moral of the story, Igbos shoould stop raising irresponsible kids, cos they would put you in trouble like Ifeajuna and nwobosi did.

Obviously you are another illiterate Igbo m0r0n on the run.

Where in Igbo Language did Ugly suddeny lave a "R" in between? And i dont understand what you mean by blood BIRTH? Is it the opposite of Still birth? grin grin What i know of is bloodbath
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Dede1:

dayolodo

You will not gain admission into a community college if you continue to murder grammar in the fashion shown above. Were you instructed to continue a sentence with a capital letter after a coma?

Dende the m0r0n, have you taken your medication today?

Senility has been added to your impotence. What a useless life.

The way you are going, you would be deaf, dumb and mute abandoned in a London hospital while your young wife would be phocked big time by your brother in Nnewi (Sounds familiar) grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa1: 3:24am On Mar 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Dende the m0r0n, have you taken your medication today?

Senility has been added to your impotence. What a useless life.

The way you are going, you would be deaf, dumb and mute abandoned in a London hospital while your young wife would be phocked big time by your brother in Nnewi (Sounds familiar) grin

It’s really sad, sad the way one senile man ended his dejected life via ‘’otapiapia’’ leaving his Old ugly wife at the mercy of his political toadies. She is currently being used as a secret se.x toy by some equally old political jobbers; she also serves as a common political pun by koroba people. odikwa serious grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by londoner: 5:35am On Mar 24, 2012
@bittyend......

There have been 11 Prime Ministers that have been born specifically outside ENGLAND. There have been 3 that have not been born in Britain or the UK.

John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute (1762 - 1763) Scottish, born in Edinburgh

William Petty-FitzMaurice, the Earl of Shelburne (1782 - 1783) Irish, born in Dublin

Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1828 - 1830/Nov-Dec 1834) Irish, born in Dublin; although he fiercely considered himself English by stating "Being born in a barn does not make one a horse"

George Hamilton-Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen (1852 - 1855) Scottish, born in Edinburgh

Arthur Balfour (1902 - 1905) Scottish, born in Whittengeham, East Lothian

Henry Campbell-Bannerman (1905 - 1908) Scottish, born in Glasgow

David Lloyd George (1916 - 1922) Welsh, although immediately born in Manchester it was during his parents return to their native Pembrokeshire

Andrew Bonar Law (1922 - 1923) Canadian, born in Rexton, New Brunswick

Ramsay MacDonald (Jan-Nov 1924/1929 - 1935) Scottish, born in Lossiemouth, Morayshire

Tony Blair (1997 - 2007) Scottish, born in Edinburgh

Gordon Brown (2007 - 2010) Scottish, born in Giffnock, East Renfrewshire

^^^^^......is it strictly true that there has never been a British Prime minister from Ireland or Wales? As you can see there have also been many from Scotland.

These countries have their own prime ministers, parliaments and flags.............they are separate countries to England within the United Kingdom. And you say Nigeria has nothing to learn? This while Boko Haram is bombing every other day, this while there are reports of ethnic clashes almost every week in different parts of Nigeria?

We have lots to learn......and we are seeing these things simply because we refuse to learn how to live together for the greater good, a bigger picture of country and national growth.

How somebody can see what is even transpiring on this very thread can deny that there is a problem with tribalism among Nigerians is beyond me. Talk about burying your head in the sand.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Gracie1818(f): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2012
Ok satanic dayo kanu,inasmuch as you support progrom as part of a real world ideology--clearly comfirms the fact that u ar in the satanic school of thought while on the contrary I believe in fairness,which of course was displayed in subsequent coups in Nigeria.U see the difference between u and me?U ar just dirty physicaly and mentaly,and that is what u teach ur kids,and also that is why Afonja coursed ur generation.And that is why u suffer and smile today,always saying yes to ur slave master herdsmen.29 sitting sitting and 99 standing both in molue and BRT.Just imagine,Illorin was excluded in the recent plan to develope Yorobo land .Do not provoke me Dayo or I will fill ur heart with hate that will give u high blood pressure and running stomach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government / Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody / PDP, Ohaneze Ndigbo Demand Immediate Release Of Senator Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.