Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15058 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bittyend(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2012
londoner: @Bittyend.......

Some people here need to visit Ghana and see how nationality is built, even though they have some issues with tribalism too.

Mother Ghana trumps it all for the average Ghanaian. They are able to champion someone like JJ rawlings, even though he is from a minority tribe. They were able to vote in an opposition party........they can work for what they consider to be best for Ghana. There is no Ghanaian who does not cherish Ghana above their own tribe.

Nigerians should be taking note.

I don't care about what happens in Ghana - Ghana is a small country, and you can't use Ghana as a yardstick to measure Nigeria. The last time I checked, the Ga in Accra were complaining about being marginalized. If an Itsekiri guy can become a Governor in Delta; Awolowo a Remo man ( the smallest sub-group in the yoruba tribe) can become the leader of the Yourbas; Tinubu, a guy from Osun state can be the governor of Lagos state - then, you're just being an alarmist about Ghana.

You're quick to complain about tribalism on NL - but at the same time not really bothered about being pressed by a Ghana guy - the same Ghanaians that hate Nigerians. Get real, and look at the girl in the mirror. You're a walking contradiction of your post - and like I said earlier, if you don't like being Nigerian - you're free to apply for a Biafran passport or a Ghanaian passport. We won't miss you!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2012
Ndi Yoruba: @ekwy nwa

What is Ben Johnson?
On a very serious note, I've made significant breakthroughs since I discharged you yesterday. To God be the glory.
I was shocked by your resort to cheap blackmail. Thank God you didn't even pretend.... At least,now I know have to do something and fast.
You've been civil so far.Keep it up.Maybe my therapy worked afterall.

@ Yoruba aka PStylish

You always speak (type) out of point, what breakthrough did you make, and stop littering the name of God all over the place. Leave that revered name out of NL bickering.

Me blackmailer? what will I not hear in nairaland, grin how did I blackmail you? Say it now or forever remain silent. angry

See who is talking about therapy, cheesy yes I slowed down on you cos you ve maintained your ‘’kekenapepe’’ lane by staying off from my ‘’Mark Truck’s’’ lane. I will be cool with you as long as you maintain your lane. cool

And I ask again Yoruba aka Pstylish how did I BLACKMAIL you??
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 8:49am On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: true talk southern Nigeria should not jump up and down like they have gain something more than others look at all the oil wells in niger delta mostly owned by Hausa fulanis how many of those oil wells belongs to Niger delta people?none, yoruba too may be one or two but Hausa owns majority who is fooling who my sister, that's why when ever southerners boast as if they were favored in the union more than the rest of the region is a sad thing because in the true sense none of them gain anything for fighting for Nigeria,but the igbos they fought against is better off today such is life...........

WORD cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 22, 2012
Onlytruth: Every Igbo person should visit this site because I think that we are the most naive of all major Nigerian tribes about issues of tribalism. No question about that.
Before coming to Nairaland, I knew that some yoruba can be double faced, but that was the only "crime" I attributed to them. Since coming here, I have come to start believing that some of them may be the most wicked tribe in Nigeria.
Nothing hateful even comes close to their brand of wickedness and hate -laughing at dead children who died from starvation and diseases caused by a war crimes regime. Usually, I would place myself in my opponents position before deciding how to relate to their plight. I could never laugh at my enemy for the deaths of innocent children NO MATTER WHAT. That is a demonic level of hate.
Nairaland also helped me to understand other Nigerians more. This site prepared me very well to serve the interest of my people better.

Stop tripping,ibo were never naive about insulting yorubas.The first time an ibo called me ofenmanu was in 2005 and this person till date is not a member of nairaland.Ibos hatred towards yorubas were as a result of the lies of the civil war being propagated by your okoro parents and passed to y'all in form of poison.so no matter how an ibo can be close to a yoruba,the hatred will always be there since ibos see us as another Awolowo and Adekunle.I'm never bothered about what okoro think about yorubas but the fact remains that ibos will always show their frustrations at yorubas and i dont give flying di'ck about it.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2012
BaBa Mike: Yoruba bo wonni ti omode koba ba itan aba aroba, aroba baba itan. ... I dnt knw wat is wrong wt us in dis country. Dis terrorist called OJUKWU wanted 2 divide dis great country but his plan was destroyed ..hmmm, By now dis Terrorist Man should b in d hell fire roasting 4 what he make our parent 2 go tru during d biafran war. May his never smell d mercy of his lord. stupid HITLER of our time

Awo the toad is roasting in the hottest part of hell fire,I can see resentment, frustration, misery, and other similar dilemmas that Awo died of, written all over your foolish post. I will advise you to end it all the Awo way (suicide via Otapiapia) he will be waiting for you in hell tongue
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2012
Yorubas re not tribalists , they re not even near that word . They are just Hausa Fulani slaves, ever ready to do their masters biddings and too scared to be themselves in order not to incur the wrath of their owners.

Hausa –Fulani took away their identity and forced Islam on them Yorubas answered yes Masters.

Hausa –Fulani went a step further by refusing to worship in the same mosque with those they see as conquered slaves, they created separate Yoruba slave mosque and again
Yoruba answered yes Masters.

Hausa –Fulani imprisoned and later killed Awo (IBB gave him suicide option) after Jakande sold his azz (Awo) away to IBB

Yoruba answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani imprisoned and later killed Abiola via hot French tea Yoruba answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani disgraced Generals Olaruwaju, Adisa and Diya. They begged small Hausa military boys for their lives and were humiliated out of office

Hausa –Fulani butted Shekan out of office like a house boy just after 80 days in office …..While Abiola was still languishing in prison

Hausa –Fulani killed Bola ige like sallah ram in his house Yoruba answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani led Obasanjo out of prison, made him ceremonial president and warned him not to mention a word about Abiola

Hausa –Fulani forced Obasanjo to give them sharia Baba & Yorubas answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani forcefully took away Speakership from Yorubas even after baba’s intial gra gra

Baba & Yorubas answered yes Masters

Hausa Fulani herdsmen kills and beheads Yorubas in their backyard at will
Hausa –Fulani killed them yesterday in Mile 12 Lagos Yoruba answered yes Masters
the most outrageous aspect of this, is that Yoruba OPC that were brandishing Charms, Daggers , sticks and broken bottles few months ago were no where to be found, the rag tag soldiers turned to emergency lap dogs.

Hausa- Fulani will soon ask for a local government in Lagos state as they did in Jos and Yoruba will surely oblige them by answering yes masters grin

pls pls and pls NLers should not in any way associate Yorubas with tribalism cos THEY RE NOT tongue
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by emmy04(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2012
AS AN IGBO BOY, I NEVER HATED ANY TRIBE, I WAS FRIENDLY TO EVERY YORUfuckingBA N HAUSA GUYS UNTIL I JOINED NAIRALAND & TWITTER.. i discovered that the YORUBAS ARE SO TRIBALISTIC AND DAT IS WHY I ATTACK & FOREVER HATE THEM.. IF U CARE TO SEE WAT AM TALKING ABOUT, CHECK MY PREVIOUS POSTS ON NAIRALAND. YORUBAS HATE THE IGBOS NATURALLY, AND THE IGBOS HATE DEM MORE THAN THEY THINK.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 22, 2012
ekwy nwa: Yorubas re not tribalists , they re not even near that word . They are just Hausa Fulani slaves, ever ready to do their masters biddings and too scared to be themselves in order not to incur the wrath of their owners.

Hausa –Fulani took away their identity and forced Islam on them Yorubas answered yes Masters.

Hausa –Fulani went a step further by refusing to worship in the same mosque with those they see as conquered slaves, they created separate Yoruba slave mosque and again

Hausa –Fulani imprisoned and later killed Awo (IBB gave him suicide option) after Jakande sold his azz (Awo) away to IBB

Hausa –Fulani imprisoned and later killed Abiola via hot French tea Yoruba answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani disgraced Generals Olaruwaju, Adisa and Diya. They begged small Hausa military boys for their lives and were humiliated out of office

Hausa –Fulani butted Shekan out of office like a house boy just after 80 days in office …..While Abiola was still languishing in prison

Hausa –Fulani killed Bola ige like sallah ram in his house Yoruba answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani led Obasanjo out of prison, made him ceremonial president and warned him not to mention a word about Abiola

Hausa –Fulani forced Obasanjo to give them sharia Baba & Yorubas answered yes Masters

Hausa –Fulani forcefully took away Speakership from Yorubas even after baba’s intial gra gra

Hausa –Fulani killed them yesterday in Mile 12 Lagos Yoruba answered yes Masters
the most outrageous aspect of this, is that Yoruba OPC that were brandishing Charms, Daggers , sticks and broken bottles few months ago were no where to be found, the rag tag soldiers turned to emergency lap dogs.

Hausa- Fulani will soon ask for a local government in Lagos state as they did in Jos and Yoruba will surely oblige them by answering yes masters grin

pls pls and pls NLers should not in any way associate Yorubas with tribalism cos THEY RE NOT tongue

Your imbecility is worldclass and unrivalled.Who do you sell your fake drugs,fake spare parts,fake beer and wine to ? If not the same yorubas you dont want to associate with.It is easier DONE than SAID.why not start moving en masse out of yorubaland to your gully-stricken , pot-holed and God forsaken okoroland instead of sitting in yorubaland and yarning rubbish.Yorubas made ibos what they are.

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by emmy04(m): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2012
IGBOS ARE WISER COMPARED TO THE YORUBA COWARDS... IGBOS MADE LAGOS WAT IT IS TODAY!!! YORUBAS ARE LAZY, DIRTY N IGNORANT. THE IGBOS ARE HARDWORKING PEOPLE AND THAT IS WHY MOST LAZY TRIBES THINK WE ARE MONEY LOVERS. IM A PROUD IGBO BOY N MONEY IS MY SERVANT... IF U DONT LYK MONEY, U CAN STAY BROKE.

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Your imbecility is worldclass and unrivalled.Who do you sell your fake drugs,fake spare parts,fake beer and wine to ? If not the same yorubas you dont want to associate with.It is easier DONE than SAID.why not start moving en masse out of yorubaland to your gully-stricken , pot-holed and God forsaken okoroland instead of sitting in yorubaland and yarning rubbish.Yorubas made ibos what they are.

Face front lemme talk to berra people joor
Dry grass chewing goat, dung guzzling, saggy ball sucking Hausa Fulani slave, pls direct your frustration to those that ve continually enslaved your coward azz, not me
Lagos is no man’s land get that into your thick skull, Igbos re here to stay, so quit your childish rants about Lagos.
Face the Hausa Fulani, if you can’t stand the heat go back to your flood ravage village. Lagos is not your father’s land, nuff said
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by emmy04(m): 9:45am On Mar 22, 2012
YORUBAS SAY WE SELL FAKE PRODUCTS, YET THEY BUY DEM FROM US.. hahahahahahahahaha... DIS IS WHY THE YORUBAS WILL FOREVER REMAIN FOOOOLS!!! COWARDS!!! lol.. IGBO KWENU! ayi n'achi obodo nigeria.. I LOVE MY IGBOS.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by atuboweke(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2012
Lawd have mercy!! Some ppl cannot separate their NL life from their real life.
TBH, I have more okoro friends nowadays than Yoruba friends, just commonalities.
And you think I'd hate my Okoro housemaids because of NL?

I really cant hate Northerners. Only met 1 of them, I kinda find their cultures really unique (without the boko harams and endless killing).

.....SHUT UP ILEKE!! U are the greatest tribalist i'v ever heard of, so stop pretending. Yoruba's have tribalism creeping in their blood.
Their landlords are the worst. I was involved in a property deal last year at Surulere and the wicked old youruba witch refused to sell the building to my client just because he's Igbo.
They should go to hell.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by manchy7531: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2012
i don't have anything against yoruba people cos i grew u amongst them and i have alot of them as my friend and i understand them and i also know how to deal with them but it hurt to see that after all the evil their leaders did to the igbos during and after the civil war( because the yoruba did more evil to the igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria), they are still un-remorseful about it.i don't blame them though cos it is obvious they have been living with the lies Nigeria and their leaders have fed them with about the civil war.But God is God,you can only suppress the truth but you cannot hide it.it will surly show itself and it keeps showing it self everyday and the wise ones among them are already regretting it and are also condemning AWO position on the war bacause it is also hunting them too.Probably Odua nation would have being one of the prides of Africa too.I don't blame Awo for not fighting but my problem with him is that even if he didn't want to fight why did he not take a neutral side? why did he starve innocent children,men and women to death,are they ojukwu?why did he declare our properties abandoned? why did he also make every igboman forfeit his asset and gave every igboman 20pounds? why bomb innocent civilians, why not go and face the biafran soldiers?that is cowardice,That is evil and an evil man can't stand as an hero.it did all he did with an ulterior motive to satisfy his slave masters in the north to get a juicy position and probably be made president,at the end did he get it ? NO!! it is not all about doing structure for you people. it is all about integrity, it is all about saving lives and not being found wanting.Ojukwu had it all, his father was the richest black man in his time.his father was the first blackman to have own a Royce rolls and also use it to carry the queen of england when she visited Nigeria. his father established Nigerian stoke exchange,he made his money not from oil contract,not by government contract, but Ojukwu gave up all the wealth and preferred to save lives at their dying moment to the best of his ability.That is a hero.probably if AWO was the president of Nigeria he would have been the greatest sectional leader Nigeria would have produced and that has always been the legacies of the yoruba's(sectionalism!!!they want a national nation but they play sectional and tribal politics.starting from the days of AG and NCNC)

Many yorubas that i have had decent conversation with about the civil war now regret some of their leaders actions.it didn't end with AWO,OBJ also came spreading hate among the SE/SS that OJUkwu was after their oil can you imagine such an insult to the hardworking Igbos?

when you kill my people and i tried to settle the matter and have an agreement in Aburi Ghana and we come back home and you reject the agreement and you continue killing my people in en mass and because of that the decide to declare my region and homeland independent of you in other to preserve and protect my people from aggression and because of that you decide to attack and invade me and you expect me not to defend my region and people?
^^
this is just a typical scenario of what led to the civil war.Now that we are now Nigerians Awo decide to commit the greatest sin ever committed my man.well i know he is hell fire burning and he probably will be begging for help(food and water)from those children he starved and they will be laughing at him.

with all that evil somebody will now expect me to be happy with the un-remorsefull yoruba.that can never happen.if Nigeria wants peace and be truly united,The issues of the civil war must be revisited. It is hunting Nigeria,it is hunting the yoruba nation,it is hunting the northern part of Nigeria and it is obvious but Nigeria have refused to accept the truth.Am sure the world saw OJUKWU's burial, we shall see that of Gowon,OBJ,Danjuma and the rest. Benjamin Adekunle has already regretted killing innocent souls to keep this failed nation together probably because he did not get a decent oil block/contract.

Personally, now and for some time I feel so ashamed to have killed people to sustain the unity of Nigeria. I feel so sad to have shed blood for the unity of Nigeria. While some of us were dying in the battle field for the restoration of Nigeria as one country, some people have their eagle eyes on one particular subject, oil, the live wire of the economy, the new fulcrum or pendulum of power. While we fought for one country, some people have been reaping where they did not sow. They have been reaping from bogus population figures fashioned to suit their selfish purposes"

-Brig. Benjamin Adekunle

finally, i have discovered that yorubas are the most ignorant and myopic set of people in Nigeria and it is due to the fact that they don't travel far and outside their regions like the igbos and people from the eastern region including edo down to the east.that is why an average igbo person is more intelligent street wise than a yoruba person,that is why he will always succeed and survive anywhere in the world cos he must have seen things(the good,the bad and the ugly)Rather they are always the loudest to see others problems.one would have thought that after the civil war,with all the igbo asset and resources plus the ignorant south south oil that Awo,Gowon and the rest seized and stole for themselves and their region,yorubaland and the north would have been like heaven by now but what do they have?they are even worse of the igbos, the igbos are towering higher grounds and breaking more ground round the world(that is why you hear the popular say that wherever you are and you do not see an igboman run for your dear life till you see an igboman).the bricks that the builders regretted are not the pillar that is holding the nation and that alone is enough to be ashamed of for the north and yoruba and yoruba nation especially should go an bury their face in shame.they are now the laugh stoke in the nation now. nobody wants to form any alliance with them anymore cos the are know to be snitch,cowards and betrayers.day by day it becomes more evident culturally and politically, and I as an igbo is very proud and confident to say that if the yorubas/north where in the igbos shoes(economically,academically,infrastructurally and financially) after the civil war, the yoruba will be nowhere beside the igbos.but the reverses is the case now for the igbos and they are mostly self made.

Evils of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNXnMcHGtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCP3DXwFzU,
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by LogicMind: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2012
linclon: I have been an keen observer on nairaland for quite a while and rarely comment on posts even when am soo tempted to do so. Am here basically to update my self on stuffs happening in Naija, but recently I must say I dont fancy the trend nairaland is turning. There are lots of tribalist threads and comments, its soo bad that there are nairalanders that I can predict will always have tribalist comments especially among the yorubas and the igbos. Its really disheartening. I have spent lots of time in different parts of naija and appreciate the people I met there, why are some nairalanders soo tribalist, I may sound like a tribalist to some people now but the igbo tribalists on nairaland are always quick to run down other tribes, even with the threads they start. Must you start a tribalist thread? When a tribalist thread is started, some people cant help but to respond in defense of their tribe and then the cycle continues.
All tribes have good and bad people, please stop destroying nairaland and turning tribes against each other.I also think the tribalism on nairaland is way too exaggerated. In Naija and abroad, I have awesome friends from my tribe and other tribes. I see people getting along well in naija despite their tribal differences.

I have date guys from my tribe and other tribes while in Naija cos I dont judge people by their tribe but by the quality of their personality. I am proud to be a Yoruba lady and engaged to an Igbo man, we expecting our baby soon. To both of us, been Nigerians in foriegn land has only made us more unified despite coming from two different tribes.Our family both in Naija and abroad are not at 'each others throat" cos one family is yoruba and the other tribe is igbo. I have both yoruba, igbo and hausa inlaws in my immediate family. It only makes it more fun when we have family events.

So to the posters question, No, tribalism on nairaland has not affected my relationship with other tribes negatively, Still love my hausa Muslim friends,(despite boko haram) my igbo hubby and friends however, naiaraland tribalist threads and comments are disheartening and should be discouraged. it could affect some people's view and add more to the negative image of Nigerians in the international community.

How much oily soup did you feed him before he proposed? Or do you people eat only at mcdonalds?

I can tell you that though she may smile at you, your mother-in-law cries every night whenever she thinks of her prodigal son and her eventual Yoruba grand-children.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 10:46am On Mar 22, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Awo the toad is roasting in the hottest part of hell fire,I can see resentment, frustration, misery, and other similar dilemmas that Awo died of, written all over your foolish post. I will advise you to end it all the Awo way (suicide via Otapiapia) he will be waiting for you in hell tongue

Hahahahaha ...Ekwy nwa, bobo,you must be sick oh!!! I don’t think you know what u are saying,is better for you 2 go back to your jungle called village and get treatment.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 22, 2012
emmy04: AS AN IGBO BOY, I NEVER HATED ANY TRIBE, I WAS FRIENDLY TO EVERY YORUfuckingBA N HAUSA GUYS UNTIL I JOINED NAIRALAND & TWITTER.. i discovered that the YORUBAS ARE SO TRIBALISTIC AND DAT IS WHY I ATTACK & FOREVER HATE THEM.. IF U CARE TO SEE WAT AM TALKING ABOUT, CHECK MY PREVIOUS POSTS ON NAIRALAND. YORUBAS HATE THE IGBOS NATURALLY, AND THE IGBOS HATE DEM MORE THAN THEY THINK.

go get a life out of nairaland. same to all of you if you have a life.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 10:59am On Mar 22, 2012
emmy04: YORUBAS SAY WE SELL FAKE PRODUCTS, YET THEY BUY DEM FROM US.. hahahahahahahahaha... DIS IS WHY THE YORUBAS WILL FOREVER REMAIN FOOOOLS!!! COWARDS!!! lol.. IGBO KWENU! ayi n'achi obodo nigeria.. I LOVE MY IGBOS.

No one can fix stupid, as a result every OTOKOTO man/woman will remain DUMB till he/she leaves this world.... Sadly we are compelled to put up with these fools...... Awon Ode Buruku
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2012
atuboweke: Lawd have mercy!! Some ppl cannot separate their NL life from their real life.
TBH, I have more okoro friends nowadays than Yoruba friends, just commonalities.

I really cant hate Northerners. Only met 1 of them, I kinda find their cultures really unique (without the boko harams and endless killing).

.....SHUT UP ILEKE!! U are the greatest tribalist i'v ever heard of, so stop pretending. Yoruba's have tribalism creeping in their blood.
Their landlords are the worst. I was involved in a property deal last year at Surulere and the wicked old youruba witch refused to sell the building to my client just because he's Igbo.
They should go to hell.

Boy, i hav one word for yu "Psychosis"
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by londoner: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2012
bittyend:

I don't care about what happens in Ghana - Ghana is a small country, and you can't use Ghana as a yardstick to measure Nigeria. The last time I checked, the Ga in Accra were complaining about being marginalized. If an Itsekiri guy can become a Governor in Delta (aren't they also native to Delta?); Awolowo a Remo man ( the smallest sub-group in the yoruba tribe) can become the leader of the Yourbas; Tinubu, a guy from Osun state can be the governor of Lagos state - then, you're just being an alarmist about Ghana.

You're quick to complain about tribalism on NL - [s]but at the same time not really bothered about being pressed by a Ghana guy - the same Ghanaians that hate Nigerians. Get real, and look at the girl in the mirror. You're a walking contradiction of your post - and like I said earlier, if you don't like being Nigerian [/s]- you're free to apply for a Biafran passport or a Ghanaian passport. We won't miss you!

I decided to relate to people according to what they display/attributes and values.....not tribe or nationality.I pity people who chose to be xenophobic, racists or tribalists. Those types are simply insecure. Its best to relate to an individual on an individual basis I find.

Anyone who has been to Ghana can attest to the fact that nation trumps tribe, even when they have tribal issues. Nigeria and Nigerians are unable to do the same in reality. Ghana may be small, but we have some big lessons to learn from them and most countries around us who are able to forge a national identity.

Nigeria has not been able to prevent tribalism from being such a roadblock to progress on many levels.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2012
Well the fact is we all are just 1 and there is only 1 race the human race. been black,white or abino is just colour and that does not make us different . the only thing is we have different minds,faces and colours. If u think we are not the-same by nature let YORUBA ,HAUSA and OTOKOTO Ppl look into their palms if there is differences. the marks shows we are 1 but different in mindset. The truth is History,Religion and Culture have done more of bad than good to us mostly NIgerians and Africans as a whole. But Yorubas are more of Godly am not saying this because am a Yoruba but this is the fact just like Africans are more Godly than the west and Americans hence moral is concern. A Word is Enough for the Wise
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2012
BaBa Mike:

Hahahahaha ...Ekwy nwa, bobo,you must be sick oh!!! I don’t think you know what u are saying,is better for you 2 go back to your jungle called village and get treatment.

Ha ha ha ha, grin it’s like every Yoruba thug that’s lives in ‘’face me I slap you’’ wants to claim Lagos.
Go back to your father’s land, I mean land of your ancestors, that is if you were not fathered by an Hausa Fulani herdsman tongue
As you’re leaving Lagos don‘t forget to buy a floater and a wooden boat, both items will come in handy in your flood ravaged cave.

Buzz off and stay off

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Ha ha ha ha, grin it’s like every Yoruba thug that’s lives in ‘’face me I slap you’’ wants to claim Lagos.
Go back to your father’s land, I mean land of your ancestors, that is if you were not fathered by an Hausa Fulani herdsman tongue
As you’re leaving Lagos don‘t forget to buy a floater and a wooden boat, both items will come in handy in your flood ravaged cave.

Buzz off and stay off

Another Otokoto haram in disguise…when nigeria breaks into 2 then will see who will buy a floater and a wooden boat
[oniranu, ode, oponu ] … blood drinkers who worship a paedophile prophet.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by manchy7531: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2012
Gracie1818: Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos

May God bless the womb that nurtured you for nine months.AMEN

By the way,am single and searching.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
BaBa Mike: Well the fact is we all are just 1 and there is only 1 race the human race. been black,white or abino is just colour and that does not make us different . the only thing is we have different minds,faces and colours. If u think we are not the-same by nature let YORUBA ,HAUSA and OTOKOTO Ppl look into their palms if there is differences. the marks shows we are 1 but different in mindset. The truth is History,Religion and Culture have done more of bad than good to us mostly NIgerians and Africans as a whole. But Yorubas are more of Godly am not saying this because am a Yoruba but this is the fact just like Africans are more Godly than the west and Americans hence moral is concern. A Word is Enough for the Wise

Dunce
go and suck your masters saggy balls.

YORUBA ,HAUSA and OTOKOTO

HAUSA , IGBO and SLAVES cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
BaBa Mike:

Another Otokoto haram in disguise…when nigeria breaks into 2 then will see who will buy a floater and a wooden boat
[oniranu, ode, oponu ] … blood drinkers who worship a paedophile prophet.

slave boy re u still there? hope your floater is handy with you cos Aworis will soon whip your flat behind back to your flood ravaged cave.

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
Gracie1818: Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos

[size=13pt]Now listen and listen carefully, As a yoruba man I don't hate and infact I have Igbos as part of my family. If you notice I am the only yoruba replying you because others are just laughing at you and your rant. I would give you the honours by replying you. If you must know yoruba position here it is

1. Way before the war, the yorubas called for southern Nigeria, Nnamdi your son blocked it and imprisoned Awolowo our former leader

2. It annoys us when you call the North Parasites and try to dehumanise them, Do you know why ? Because you supported one Nigeria when it favoured you. Well people are not stu.pid I hope you know that.

3. Nnamdi your son marginalised the largely illiterate yorubas back then. Today Nnamdi is a hero isn't he ?

4. Your Nnamdi was against Baifra and he is Igbo why should we now support it since you Illustrious leader was against it. Who is fooling who

5. Nnamdi your so called detribalised leader knew how to marginalised his southern neighbour which even inculded South-southerners such as Enahoro, Ijaw leaders and Ayota (Ibibio) etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this were before the war. Now I would go to during the war

1. During the war, Ojukwu did NOT release Awolowo from prison it took Gowon intervention to persuade Ojukwu to release Awolowo. Now you expect him to be grateful to Ojukwu ?

2. Yorubas actually Loved Kaduna Nzeogwu because he held our ideology of progress before tribe etc but rather your people were so tribalistic they betrayed Nzeogwu by informing Nnamdi and co to run thus making Nzeogwu look like a bad person. Who's fault is that, Yoruba or your people I ask.

3. Yes lets agree Ojukwu and Awolowo spoke in prison, Why did Ojukwu then decide not to listen to Awolowo's advice ? Because he is yoruba abi ? LOL

4. The most annoying that about the war was WHY THE HELL DID OJUKWU INVADE THE MID-WEST AND THE WEST ? and please don't tell me about Lagos because according to you all your fight was with hausa/fulani as you say not with Nigeria thus you have no right to Lagos.

5. Yes In as much yorubas were sympathetic with biafra, that singular act destroyed the little dying relationship with yorubas. And it was all cause by the Igbos

6. The propaganda after the war was the funniest because it seems like your all are drunk. All over the internet, you first started by saying Hausa/fulani/Yoruba were the ones killing us etc but never add South-south, mide-west and middle belt to you propaganda.

Also made ridicule of Awolowo by claiming he committed suicide. Was it Awolowo's fault that Nnamdi and Ojukwu attempted to betray him but all ended up betraying themselves ?

A good historian would be laughing at some of your Igbos claims I tell you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was during the war now after the war

1. In 1993, when Abiola's mandate (of which you did not vote well for him) was annulled, why did you all run back to the east ? Were Igbos killed or what ?

2. During GEJ campaign, you did all sort of propaganda to make it seem yorubas were against GEJ. Infact another one of your son said Yoruba/Huasa/Fulani. Then if we then decide to join our northern brother, you would complain shouting up and down

3. You gave 5 states to GEJ yorubas gave 9 states to GEJ. so what is your whining about ? GEJ is there today because of OBJ. But as usual, you think you all are clever shouting up and down that the vote in those 9 Western states were by Igbos not yorubas. A slap to the good people that voted for their candidates.

4. Then your stu.pid son again called Asari Dokubo (calls himself 40% igbo and 60% ijaw) came out and started making bigoted statements about yorubas all over.

5. Again Yorubas don't vote based on tribe or zone but vote based on the past work of the person. During the fuel subsidy protest, why did Igbo states not protest ? Is the increase not affecting them ? Then guess what

the words of the Igbos all over the internet " They should increase the fuel price so those yoruba and hausa fulani people would stop stealing our oil"

a. who's oil ?

b. Has the increase reduce the corruption in the oil sector

c. Those Dantata and Adenuga are still drilling thus it has not affected them BUT US the people. Stu.pidity isn't it ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Lagos

1. What do you mean we should not provoke Igbos ? Have we provoked the Igbos before ?

2. The words from Igbos is that they own Lagos etc Have we ever challenged that openly ? Not that we can't but be chose to be quite because such provocative statements would only end at your demise. Fact !!!!

3. I can assure you that if GEJ does not do that seaport etc so you call ALL move back to the east, then you have disgraced yourself and your people. Fact. and in reality we can't want till you all go back maybe we would come this time and lets see how good of a host you Igbos are.

[/size]

Read the words in the picture below, it describes the yorubas for you.

We are not stu.pid or weak. we just chose to be silent

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2012
alj harem:

[size=13pt]Now listen and listen carefully, As a yoruba man I don't hate and infact I have Igbos as part of my family. If you notice I am the only yoruba replying you because others are just laughing at you and your rant. I would give you the honours by replying you. If you must know yoruba position here it is

1. Way before the war, the yorubas called for southern Nigeria, Nnamdi your son blocked it and imprisoned Awolowo our former leader

2. It annoys us when you call the North Parasites and try to dehumanise them, Do you know why ? Because you supported one Nigeria when it favoured you. Well people are not stu.pid I hope you know that.

3. Nnamdi your son marginalised the largely illiterate yorubas back then. Today Nnamdi is a hero isn't he ?

4. Your Nnamdi was against Baifra and he is Igbo why should we now support it since you Illustrious leader was against it. Who is fooling who

5. Nnamdi your so called detribalised leader knew how to marginalised his southern neighbour which even inculded South-southerners such as Enahoro, Ijaw leaders and Ayota (Ibibio) etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. During the war, Ojukwu did NOT release Awolowo from prison it took Gowon intervention to persuade Ojukwu to release Awolowo. Now you expect him to be grateful to Ojukwu ?

2. Yorubas actually Loved Kaduna Nzeogwu because he held our ideology of progress before tribe etc but rather your people were so tribalistic they betrayed Nzeogwu by informing Nnamdi and co to run thus making Nzeogwu look like a bad person. Who's fault is that, Yoruba or your people I ask.

3. Yes lets agree Ojukwu and Awolowo spoke in prison, Why did Ojukwu then decide not to listen to Awolowo's advice ? Because he is yoruba abi ? LOL

4. The most annoying that about the war was WHY THE HELL DID OJUKWU INVADE THE MID-WEST AND THE WEST ? and please don't tell me about Lagos because according to you all your fight was with hausa/fulani as you say not with Nigeria thus you have no right to Lagos.

5. Yes In as much yorubas were sympathetic with biafra, that singular act destroyed the little dying relationship with yorubas. And it was all cause by the Igbos

6. The propaganda after the war was the funniest because it seems like your all are drunk. All over the internet, you first started by saying Hausa/fulani/Yoruba were the ones killing us etc but never add South-south, mide-west and middle belt to you propaganda.

Also made ridicule of Awolowo by claiming he committed suicide. Was it Awolowo's fault that Nnamdi and Ojukwu attempted to betray him but all ended up betraying themselves ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. In 1993, when Abiola's mandate (of which you did not vote well for him) was annulled, why did you all run back to the east ? Were Igbos killed or what ?

2. During GEJ campaign, you did all sort of propaganda to make it seem yorubas were against GEJ. Infact another one of your son said Yoruba/Huasa/Fulani. Then if we then decide to join our northern brother, you would complain shouting up and down

3. You gave 5 states to GEJ yorubas gave 9 states to GEJ. so what is your whining about ? GEJ is there today because of OBJ. But as usual, you think you all are clever shouting up and down that the vote in those 9 Western states were by Igbos not yorubas. A slap to the good people that voted for their candidates.

4. Then your stu.pid son again called Asari Dokubo (calls himself 40% igbo and 60% ijaw) came out and started making bigoted statements about yorubas all over.

5. Again Yorubas don't vote based on tribe or zone but vote based on the past work of the person. During the fuel subsidy protest, why did Igbo states not protest ? Is the increase not affecting them ? Then guess what

the words of the Igbos all over the internet " They should increase the fuel price so those yoruba and hausa fulani people would stop stealing our oil"

a. who's oil ?

c. Those Dantata and Adenuga are still drilling thus it has not affected them BUT US the people. Stu.pidity isn't it ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Lagos

1. What do you mean we should not provoke Igbos ? Have we provoked the Igbos before ?

2. The words from Igbos is that they own Lagos etc Have we ever challenged that openly ? Not that we can't but be chose to be quite because such provocative statements would only end at your demise. Fact !!!!

3. I can assure you that if GEJ does not do that seaport etc so you call ALL move back to the east, then you have disgraced yourself and your people. Fact. and in reality we can't want till you all go back maybe we would come this time and lets see how good of a host you Igbos are.

[/size]

Alh , stick to one tribe and stop discrediting yourself all over NL, today your re Hausa Fulani, tomorrow Kanuri, next Ijaw and now Yoruba, you re as unstable as a sea weave, so your posts should not be taken seriously.

Having said that, I want to reply the last line of this your childish rant Yorubas are complete opposite of what you stated above
They are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry stupi.d and weak, they re not silent rather they re stupi.dly loud mouthed
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by manchy7531: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
alj harem:

a. who's oil ?

About Lagos

[/size]

I hate you.i for every lie and false propaganda you spread,may it take away every form of happiness in your life. may the soul of the innocent men,women and children who dead during the war hunt you ,hunt your children your generations unborn. may you die a shameful death.if you have a home may you be rendered homeless, if you are employed may you be sacked, if you are married may your marriage bring you sorrow.if you dont have children may yon be fatherless and if you have may your children bring you sorrow,heartbreak and may you die young.fooooooooooooooooooool.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
[quote author=ekwy nwa]Yorubas re not tribalists , they re not even near that word . They are just Hausa Fulani slaves, ever ready to do their masters biddings and too scared to be themselves in order not to incur the wrath of their owners.

ekwy you no well grin but at the same time you are saying the truth
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
atuboweke: Lawd have mercy!! Some ppl cannot separate their NL life from their real life.

They should go to hell.
thank you at list we want other tribes to look inside deeply and see why igbos complain about yorubas a lot and after they wonder why we don't vote for them smiley
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2012
manchy7531:

I hate you.i for every lie and false propaganda you spread,may it take away every form of happiness in your life. may the soul of the innocent men,women and children who dead during the war hunt you ,hunt your children your generations unborn. may you die a shameful death.if you have a home may you be rendered homeless, if you are employed may you be sacked, if you are married may your marriage bring you sorrow.if you dont have children may yon be fatherless and if you have may your children bring you sorrow,heartbreak and may you die young.fooooooooooooooooooool.
Amen that man will get the wrath of ALLAH on him and his families for lying against genocide committed by evil people sad
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
manchy7531:

[size=13pt]You and your family too. You are an Ideeiot

You see why I just laugh at your ideeiots, You talk but when someone reply's you all you would start cursing and crying like babies.

Genocide Genocide when Ojukwu said he has the biggest blvak army in Black Africa.

Who's fault was the genocide Yorubas fault or who ? Or was it my fault that lived his very last days taking from the government you claim committed genocide against his own people.

Keep acting stu.pid and who cares whether you hate Alj harem or not. The truth is always bitter and painful. But it is the for all to see and I can bring out documents prove that it is not a lie I said

You ideeiot.

When Gracie was talking, you were blessing her but when I disclaim what she said you are cursing emotional ideeiot.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bode George Picks Nomination Form To Contest For PDP National Chairman / Fuel Marketers Kick As FG Rules Out Price Hike / CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.