Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15056 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Blackteeth(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
Before I registered on Nairaland I don't consider whatever tribe of people I find in my midst like tribes are not in existence. But these days as I read through Nairaland politics threads and all the loads of tribal comments scattered inside these threads, I always get conscious of the Yoruba folks around me. It doesn't mean I now hate the Yorubas, but whenever I come across a Yoruba my mind mind goes back to the tribal comments I previously read on Nairaland and makes me suspect that within their minds they are like the Yoruba tribalist on Nairaland. Those tribal comments are like an impulse forcing me to hate the yorubas but I don't allow it to happen. I still relate very well with Yorubas.
I wish I could quit Nairaland cos of tribalsim but I still need the little information I get from here.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Jakumo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
Young Grasshopper, you must learn to hate and distrust ALL people you meet, regardless of race, tribe or physcial appearance. Only then will you find true happiness.

2 Likes

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Blackteeth(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
Jakumo: Young Grasshopper, you must learn to hate and distrust ALL people you meet, regardless of race, tribe or physcial appearance. Only then will you find true happiness.

You aint thinking like an old grasshopper.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by nku5: 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
Its not really affected me but its a very potent tool for turning ppl of dfferent temperaments and outlooks to die hard racists

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
What do you expect when corps member who leave their homes to try to improve the lot of those northern almajiris are hacked down like bush meat.

What do you expect when almajiris break into a corpers lodge and rape all females within the residence silly?

Abeg koko be say abandon hope in this shithole. Tribalism is the spice of African life smiley
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by 2kass(m): 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2012
Jakumo: Young Grasshopper, you must learn to hate and distrust ALL people you meet, regardless of race, tribe or physcial appearance. Only then will you find true happiness.
A very Unique foooool!!! You are in a class of your own. Congrat Bruv, Only Eediots have stupid1ty in the Blood, and U av a lot of it. wink
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by oobim(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
It has affected me.I now HATE d aboki muslims wit passion and i see all Yorubas as COWARDS,i still love yorubas tho.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dipwater(m): 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
Op. It has affected me too and I think nairaland shuld be changed to tribal land.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
Not really. I have thick skin so it doesn't really bother me. Tribalism on NL is just a bit of fun. A few nasty words exchanged between people. In real life it isn't that bad. I bash Ndigbo on the internet when they talk rubbish but in real life alot of them aren't bad people.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
is good to be aware of your surroundings cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
o.obim:
[b]It has affected me.I now HATE d aboki muslims wit passion and i see all Yorubas as COWARDS,[/b]i still love yorubas tho.

Common shut up. You probably felt this way before NL. It's time foir you Ndigbo to grow a back bone and thick skin.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by kemmeye: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
cryyeah there seems to be so much negativity here. I never knew tribalism was filled with so much hatred until i got to nairaland.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by KINGwax(m): 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
o.obim:
It has affected me.I now HATE d aboki muslims wit passion and i see all Yorubas as COWARDS,i still love yorubas tho.
dnt! you're irrelevant anyways
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by hallmark77: 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yes.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dont you guys think tribalism is needed for some tribe to express themselves? is a way of balancing the hate and have neutral respect for one another...............
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Koolking(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
Tribalism does not bother me one bit. . . i move on in style
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
olayinka1987:

Common shut up. You probably felt this way before NL. It's time foir you Ndigbo to grow a back bone and thick skin.
guy! stop acting as yorubas are not tribalistic! not all but majority of them, talking from experiences and trust me a lot of people will context on that is well known..............
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
Very funny but true, I schooled in yoruba land and even had a yoruba girl as my 1st girl friend( and she was my 1st and i was her 1st cool)After NL, now i am thinking how did i cope then, even as I was maltreated in sch by bigots then, I still liked yorubas.But after watching Nigeria history on how AWO betrayed IGBOS, and it still happening till today, i got a rethink. For Hausas, i have always been cautious of them even their beautiful ladies grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by kelz88(f): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2012
I'm immune to it now. Got boring after a while. Let them dwell in their foolishness.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by babaowo: 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
If you ppl are opportune to go to alaba, idumota, oshodi, onitsha,kano, ladipo markets or any markets in nigeria and you see coordinations between yoruba,igbo and real hausa ppl,you will know that tribalism on nairaland is a fake.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
Why don't you try doing business with them besides buying and selling from Alaba and Idumota markets and see what happens to your relationships huh? Take them into your homes and see e badu belle and e jolosi finish your life slowly. . .if you let them past buying and selling. Do you make friends with a 'meat-seller' because you wanno eat beef? Hell no! You buy your beef and go home. Onye nama has his money and you have your 'meat'. QED!

Absolutely. Very negatively. All because of what I read on the www. It shows what lurks in the mind with the help of anonymity.
I don't don't care to associate with certain tribes any longer. I don't trust them and for good reasons. kiss
I have kept my old friends from the past though with limited association. I avoid certain gatherings with tribes I do not like. It has worked very well. cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
kayci_d77: Very funny but true, I schooled in yoruba land and even had a yoruba girl as my 1st girl friend( and she was my 1st and i was her 1st cool)After NL, now i am thinking how did i cope then, even as I was maltreated in sch by bigots then, I still liked yorubas.But after watching Nigeria history on how AWO betrayed IGBOS, and it still happening till today, i got a rethink. For Hausas, i have always been cautious of them even their beautiful ladies grin
Like seriously,you were maltreated over your ethnicity? Sorry, I do not believe you.
Harmless banters do not amount to maltreatment. Abeg.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by oobim(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
olayinka1987:

Yoruba means,COWARD!All noise and no action!!kwakwakwa..E ma binu,sir.IT is d truth!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
Lawd have mercy!! shocked shocked Some ppl cannot separate their NL life from their real life.
TBH, I have more okoro friends nowadays than Yoruba friends, just commonalities.
And you think I'd hate my Okoro housemaids because of NL? tongue tongue tongue

I really cant hate Northerners. Only met 1 of them, I kinda find their cultures really unique (without the boko harams and endless killing).
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
Blackteeth: Before I registered on Nairaland I don't consider whatever tribe of people I find in my midst like tribes are not in existence. But these days as I read through Nairaland politics threads and all the loads of tribal comments scattered inside these threads, I always get conscious of the Yoruba folks around me. It doesn't mean I now hate the Yorubas, but whenever I come across a Yoruba my mind mind goes back to the tribal comments I previously read on Nairaland and makes me suspect that within their minds they are like the Yoruba tribalist on Nairaland. Those tribal comments are like an impulse forcing me to hate the yorubas but I don't allow it to happen. I still relate very well with Yorubas.
I wish I could quit Nairaland cos of tribalsim but I still need the little information I get from here.

I hear you! THE SAME THING WITH THE IGBOS who are worse. That Igboness must be shoved in your face and will claim to be Nigerians ONLY when it suits them. 2006 was the best year of NL. Until some started looking for husbands and wives. . .then tribalism crept in slowly with serious agberos. I doubt it would ever be the same again. I really don't care sha. Thank God I nor dey find husband or pickin. Praise da lord!!!!

Recent visits to Nigeria has affirmed the menace of tribalism echoed on NL. Try speaking with politicians. . .you will undertand that these NL rotten apples did not fall from the azzzes of fowls! Mu he he he he he he
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Commander12: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
Take them into your homes and see e badu belle and e jolosi finish your life slowly. . .if you let them past buying and selling. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by nduchucks: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2012
Something tells me that some posters know very little about this Jakomo of a guy. I bet they don't even know that all they need to say to get him going is , "Buhari". cheesy

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by achi4u(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
hmmm!!!,NL makes me to know nigeria the more.now if see any hausa or yoruba man i may want to know those behevior we taught about here but that person will appear good.though they have some bad eggs.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Demdem(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
^^^^^^^

How did u input ur sig for all to see? I want mine back also
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Observator: 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
Surely, TRIBALISM AND FOUL LANGUAGE discourage me from Nairaland. I strongly believe the moderator needs help in maintaining decorum and basic ethics on this platform. Like electricity that can either electrify or electrocute, some Nairalanders use the medium to spread hatred and uncultured remarks. It is so painful that instead of being an agent of education, enlightenment, exchange of constructive idea etc, Nairaland has become ELECTRONICS AGENT OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Seun please, roll out rules on minimum standards in order to make the best of this wonderful forum. Some Nairalanders really need help and mentor. What is power without control (regulation)? What is a vibrant forum without ethical code of conducts?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
Enter politics and you will understand Nigerians. . . we are still waiting for an Igbo president abi? Lai lai!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Oyegun Got N10m To Make Abdullahi APC Spokesman - Timi Frank / DSS, EFCC Operatives Besiege Ekweremadu’s Abuja Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.