Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15059 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: Amen that man will get the wrath of ALLAH on him and his families for lying against genocide committed by evil people sad

LOL another Ideeiot

Shebi Hausa fulani are yoruba masters, so why are you so passionate about yorubas you hate so much and ridicule when given the opportunity.

You and your family as well
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
Maybe you can tell me where I lied

1. Is it the Abiola thing

2. Is it the lagos claiming thing

3. Is it the Nnamdi betrayal

4. Is it the spliting

5. Is it the Mr One Nigeria front you brought out before the civil war

6. Is it the propaganda against yorubas and Awolowo

7. Is the attempt to say SS and other minorites were never part of hausa fulani yoruba

8. Is it the attempt to ridicule the yorubas to the world

9. Is it the GEJ election propaganda

10 Is it the Ojukwu attempt to invade Yorubaland

11 Is the Mid-west massacre ?

12. Is it the south-south marginalisation ?

What part exactly Have I lied or made falsehood

Bunch of deluded people, I have told you all, I would be quite but when I speak Just don't read my post becuase you would jsut hang.

I have watch as you keep typing rubbish, Patient has it's limit
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
You na no get mouth again ?

For those that don't know history, please and please don't listen to this Igbo bigots on the Internet

Just to show you how caring yorubas were. A yoruba man lied down his life for his general. These Ideeiots would still call yorubas betrayal

Why did Ojukwu not die for Banjo ?

Fajuyi

Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed. "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi. “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.
(J) Both men were then driven to a nearby bush and shot. The time was only nine o’clock. But Ibadan was like a ghost city in darkness. There were very few or no night life. Fear still gripped every one in the South. The end of Ironsi and Fajuyi was never published for a very long time, more than two months.

http://www.ndrm.typepad.com/

Show me any Igbo man died or alive that can die for what he believes in ?

Yet ideeiots would call yorubas cowards, Mumu people

[size=13pt]Even Ojukwu ran away leaving the people to die, Only for him to come back and be collecting money from the government he fought against. That is the man These ideeiots what people to respect. Maybe that think people are as stu.pid as them or something[/size]
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2012
THE PERSON THAT CAUSED THE SO CALL WAR THEY HAVE TURNED TO GENOCIDE WAS BURIED LIKE A KING OF MANY NATIONS.

stu.pid mentality.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by emmajew(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
good people, gr8 nation
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by gegee(m): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
tribalism- thinking u are better than others. bigotry-thinking u know better than others
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by oduasolja: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
manchy7531: i don't have anything against yoruba people cos i grew u amongst them and i have alot of them as my friend and i understand them and i also know how to deal with them but it hurt to see that after all the evil their leaders did to the igbos during and after the civil war( because the yoruba did more evil to the igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria), they are still un-remorseful about it.i don't blame them though cos it is obvious they have been living with the lies Nigeria and their leaders have fed them with about the civil war.But God is God,you can only suppress the truth but you cannot hide it.it will surly show itself and it keeps showing it self everyday and the wise ones among them are already regretting it and are also condemning AWO position on the war bacause it is also hunting them too.Probably Odua nation would have being one of the prides of Africa too.I don't blame Awo for not fighting but my problem with him is that even if he didn't want to fight why did he not take a neutral side? why did he starve innocent children,men and women to death,are they ojukwu?why did he declare our properties abandoned? why did he also make every igboman forfeit his asset and gave every igboman 20pounds? why bomb innocent civilians, why not go and face the biafran soldiers?that is cowardice,That is evil and an evil man can't stand as an hero.it did all he did with an ulterior motive to satisfy his slave masters in the north to get a juicy position and probably be made president,at the end did he get it ? NO!! it is not all about doing structure for you people. it is all about integrity, it is all about saving lives and not being found wanting.Ojukwu had it all, his father was the richest black man in his time.his father was the first blackman to have own a Royce rolls and also use it to carry the queen of england when she visited Nigeria. his father established Nigerian stoke exchange,he made his money not from oil contract,not by government contract, but Ojukwu gave up all the wealth and preferred to save lives at their dying moment to the best of his ability.That is a hero.probably if AWO was the president of Nigeria he would have been the greatest sectional leader Nigeria would have produced and that has always been the legacies of the yoruba's(sectionalism!!!they want a national nation but they play sectional and tribal politics.starting from the days of AG and NCNC)

Many yorubas that i have had decent conversation with about the civil war now regret some of their leaders actions.it didn't end with AWO,OBJ also came spreading hate among the SE/SS that OJUkwu was after their oil can you imagine such an insult to the hardworking Igbos?

when you kill my people and i tried to settle the matter and have an agreement in Aburi Ghana and we come back home and you reject the agreement and you continue killing my people in en mass and because of that the decide to declare my region and homeland independent of you in other to preserve and protect my people from aggression and because of that you decide to attack and invade me and you expect me not to defend my region and people?
^^
this is just a typical scenario of what led to the civil war.Now that we are now Nigerians Awo decide to commit the greatest sin ever committed my man.well i know he is hell fire burning and he probably will be begging for help(food and water)from those children he starved and they will be laughing at him.

with all that evil somebody will now expect me to be happy with the un-remorsefull yoruba.that can never happen.if Nigeria wants peace and be truly united,The issues of the civil war must be revisited. It is hunting Nigeria,it is hunting the yoruba nation,it is hunting the northern part of Nigeria and it is obvious but Nigeria have refused to accept the truth.Am sure the world saw OJUKWU's burial, we shall see that of Gowon,OBJ,Danjuma and the rest. Benjamin Adekunle has already regretted killing innocent souls to keep this failed nation together probably because he did not get a decent oil block/contract.

finally, i have discovered that yorubas are the most ignorant and myopic set of people in Nigeria and it is due to the fact that they don't travel far and outside their regions like the igbos and people from the eastern region including edo down to the east.that is why an average igbo person is more intelligent street wise than a yoruba person,that is why he will always succeed and survive anywhere in the world cos he must have seen things(the good,the bad and the ugly)Rather they are always the loudest to see others problems.one would have thought that after the civil war,with all the igbo asset and resources plus the ignorant south south oil that Awo,Gowon and the rest seized and stole for themselves and their region,yorubaland and the north would have been like heaven by now but what do they have?they are even worse of the igbos, the igbos are towering higher grounds and breaking more ground round the world(that is why you hear the popular say that wherever you are and you do not see an igboman run for your dear life till you see an igboman).the bricks that the builders regretted are not the pillar that is holding the nation and that alone is enough to be ashamed of for the north and yoruba and yoruba nation especially should go an bury their face in shame.they are now the laugh stoke in the nation now. nobody wants to form any alliance with them anymore cos the are know to be snitch,cowards and betrayers.day by day it becomes more evident culturally and politically, and I as an igbo is very proud and confident to say that if the yorubas/north where in the igbos shoes(economically,academically,infrastructurally and financially) after the civil war, the yoruba will be nowhere beside the igbos.but the reverses is the case now for the igbos and they are mostly self made.

Evils of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNXnMcHGtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCP3DXwFzU,

you are a dummy ??

your people are just a bunch of clannish , callous , opportunists. who are always looking for any chance to take what does not belong to you.

if you are ignorant of history then you better go and read your facts before you come here spewing garbage. cus if theres one thing that annoys me more than anything else , its the rubbish propaganda that you idiots spew out all the time.

first of all , is eastern Nigeria, igbo land , who gave ojukwu the right to declare non igbo land biafra are you aware of the atrocities igbos commited against non igbo easterner who did not support biafra maybe u should go and read ken saro wiwas book and elechi amadi book on the war and how non igbos were treated. acting like you are angels. when u are just theives with an agenda. How is it that the igbos have the right to claim non igbo land and oil for themselves. on what grounds do u know of ojukwus prisons camps , were minority opposition were locked up and killed.

why did ojukwu not accept decree 8 which came into being to implement aburi. why did he flatly dismiss it. why did he frustrate all peace efforts. why was he against state creation , even when the minorities of the east demanded it.

you come here badmouthing awo. now tell me why would u expect someone to be neutral , when you are dropping bombs on his village , why would you expect him to be neutral when you sent an invasion force to lagos to occupy his territoy which he did not ask you for. in case u dont know biafra bombed lagos repeatedly. ojukwu chose to invade lagos to drag the yorubas into the war. well you got what you wanted , so Bleep you and your crying.

all along ojukwus objective was to appropriate eastern minority land for his people. bottom line.

he frustrated all peace efforts and used violence to suppress minority opposition.

and when he started losing the war. instead of giving up his futile dreams. he decided to drag the country through a bloody war and use starving people as a propaganda tool. when the federal government offered for food to come in by land , he said NOOOO, because he wanted the air blockade lifted so he could have weapons flown in. he forced the aid agencies to pay him money for them to bring food in , so that he could continue to buy weapons and prosecute the war. and when the food came in , much of it was diverted to feed troops.
and after urging millions to fight and die. he gets on a plane and runs away , only to come back and collect pension from the same nigerian army he fought against. fucking dummy with no principles .

as for the 20 pounds policy , i want you to tell me how much we should have given you lot. 1000 pounds each was every igbo man a millionaire back in the 60s ? what about all the money ojukwu stole from the central bank in enugu , calabar, portharcourt and benin. did he return any of that money

after dragging the country through a brutal and costly 2 year war,because of your callousness and opportunism, u then want us to compensate you and make you whole again. Bleep off.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by aljharem(m): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
The more you Igbos call the yorubas and indigene of lagos the more they dislike una. I was a typical yoruba before, careless, loved Igbos to bits, saw Lagos as both igbo and yorubaland, equal rights etc Until Ideiots started insulting yorubas with such venom I could not resist but form a login Just to find out why they hate yorubas that much.

A poster named Ezeuche then told me (2 years ago) that it is because of Biafra war, Awolowo, yoruba etc. I was shocked and was surprised that Awolowo (A role model) could do such until I actually found out that this Igbo Internet warriors lied to me.

It is funny because the more you insult the yoruba, the more they distance themselves for Igbo people. Fact !!!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by jason123: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
Most people think the problem started from the civil war. No, it did not. Infact, it is very selfish and disrespectful to think the problem started in 1967.

The beginning of the problem in Nigeria started during the formation of Nigeria (Students of history know what happen. Its has been said over and over again on this site).

As for Yorubas and Igbos, this is my PERSONAL OPINION, Nnamdi did not allow the formation of Southern Nigeria and that was viewed as betrayal by the Yorubas. Secondly, the Westerners were marginalized by the government of Nnamdi and Bello. This increase when the West was split (Enahoro fought hard against it. God bless him).

Now, when the East was split by Gowon, Ojukwu declared independence, like what the Bleep?

Look, as far as I am concerned, until this generation learn to bury the past, there would be no progress.

We need to go back to our ways. We need to go back to Southern Nigeria.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by emiye(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Most of Awolowo's policies during the war efficiently and effectively brought an end to the war, the war could have lasted for many more years( 8 or more years)

If the war had lasted for many more years,the casualty figure of two million people would have been way more higher, the destruction would have been way more terrible.

The bitter truth is that,the war was relatively one sided, close to a genocide, the two million lives lost could have been 10 million or more, something like an ethnic cleansing.

The igbos painfully and shamefully have Awolowo to thank. A painful TRUTH.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
jason123: Most people think the problem started from the civil war. No, it did not. Infact, it is very selfish and disrespectful to think the problem started in 1967.

The beginning of the problem in Nigeria started during the formation of Nigeria (Students of history know what happen. Its has been said over and over again on this site).

As for Yorubas and Igbos, this is my PERSONAL OPINION, Nnamdi did not allow the formation of Southern Nigeria and that was viewed as betrayal by the Yorubas. Secondly, the Westerners were marginalized by the government of Nnamdi and Bello. This increase when the West was split (Enahoro fought hard against it. God bless him).

Now, when the East was split by Gowon, Ojukwu declared independence, like what the Bleep?

Look, as far as I am concerned, until this generation learn to bury the past, there would be no progress.

We need to go back to our ways. We need to go back to Southern Nigeria.

Nnamdi Azikwe so called nationalism was a fraud in which he attempted to rule Nigeria out of his personal greedy at the expense of other southerners but instead rapport with the north to outdo the yorubas.the creation of midwest out of the western region,the retaliation against Zik by being denied acceess into the western house of assembly and his subsequent betrayal of eyo ita by frustrating him out of NCNC.The foundation of ibos frustration may have started before the war but the role the yorubas played to keep Nigeria one contributed to the hatred as can be seen on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BaBaMike: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Dunce
go and suck your masters saggy balls.

HAUSA , IGBO and SLAVES cool

Saying " go and suck your masters saggy balls " makes you sound like a gay . .... but sorry I'm not gay. lol

And " Saying "HAUSA , IGBO SLAVES and YORUBA

old boy , e be like say you no sabi otokoto history .... Well if you would like 2 find out more about Otokoto ppl in the Atlantic slave trade pls read this Most Popular Articles ...and Promise me you'll survive it. That you won't commits suicide. Please read the article below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people_in_the_Atlantic_slave_trade

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
oduasolja:

you are a dummy ??

your people are just a bunch of clannish , callous , opportunists. who are always looking for any chance to take what does not belong to you.

if you are ignorant of history then you better go and read your facts before you come here spewing garbage. cus if theres one thing that annoys me more than anything else , its the rubbish propaganda that you idiots spew out all the time.

first of all , is eastern Nigeria, igbo land , who gave ojukwu the right to declare non igbo land biafra are you aware of the atrocities igbos commited against non igbo easterner who did not support biafra maybe u should go and read ken saro wiwas book and elechi amadi book on the war and how non igbos were treated. acting like you are angels. when u are just theives with an agenda. How is it that the igbos have the right to claim non igbo land and oil for themselves. on what grounds do u know of ojukwus prisons camps , were minority opposition were locked up and killed.

why did ojukwu not accept decree 8 which came into being to implement aburi. why did he flatly dismiss it. why did he frustrate all peace efforts. why was he against state creation , even when the minorities of the east demanded it.

you come here badmouthing awo. now tell me why would u expect someone to be neutral , when you are dropping bombs on his village , why would you expect him to be neutral when you sent an invasion force to lagos to occupy his territoy which he did not ask you for. in case u dont know biafra bombed lagos repeatedly. ojukwu chose to invade lagos to drag the yorubas into the war. well you got what you wanted , so Bleep you and your crying.

all along ojukwus objective was to appropriate eastern minority land for his people. bottom line.

he frustrated all peace efforts and used violence to suppress minority opposition.

and when he started losing the war. instead of giving up his futile dreams. he decided to drag the country through a bloody war and use starving people as a propaganda tool. when the federal government offered for food to come in by land , he said NOOOO, because he wanted the air blockade lifted so he could have weapons flown in. he forced the aid agencies to pay him money for them to bring food in , so that he could continue to buy weapons and prosecute the war. and when the food came in , much of it was diverted to feed troops.
and after urging millions to fight and die. he gets on a plane and runs away , only to come back and collect pension from the same nigerian army he fought against. fucking dummy with no principles .

as for the 20 pounds policy , i want you to tell me how much we should have given you lot. 1000 pounds each was every igbo man a millionaire back in the 60s ? what about all the money ojukwu stole from the central bank in enugu , calabar, portharcourt and benin. did he return any of that money

after dragging the country through a brutal and costly 2 year war,because of your callousness and opportunism, u then want us to compensate you and make you whole again. Bleep off.
rubbish talking like bull as usual trying to paint massacre your people committed in asaba is one thing marginalization on SS people you lot committed is another thing you people dont care about any part of eastern nigeria only our oil wells is what you are out for parasites cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2012
alj harem: You na no get mouth again ?

For those that don't know history, please and please don't listen to this Igbo bigots on the Internet

Just to show you how caring yorubas were. A yoruba man lied down his life for his general. These Ideeiots would still call yorubas betrayal

Why did Ojukwu not die for Banjo ?

Show me any Igbo man died or alive that can die for what he believes in ?

Yet ideeiots would call yorubas cowards, Mumu people

[size=13pt]Even Ojukwu ran away leaving the people to die, Only for him to come back and be collecting money from the government he fought against. That is the man These ideeiots what people to respect. Maybe that think people are as stu.pid as them or something[/size]
are you talking on behalf of yorubas or hausa? because yorubas don't even take you serious you are worst than them when it comes to wuru wuru or tribalism......
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
alj haram this is your people abi? JTF using u lot for shooting practice and you are here twisting history to suit you
see
i feel sorry for you, most yorubas, may be not most few yorubas have learn-their lesson i believe only a fool will allow stick to poke his eyes twice
fulanis are fighting in ekiti state do u want prove?

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by OneNaira6: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
CAN ANYONE, ANYBODY, EXPLAIN HOW THIS

alj harem:

Now listen and listen carefully, As a yoruba man I don't hate and infact I have Igbos as part of my family. If you notice I am the only yoruba replying you because others are just laughing at you and your rant. I would give you the honours by replying you. If you must know yoruba position here it is

1. Way before the war, the yorubas called for southern Nigeria, Nnamdi your son blocked it and imprisoned Awolowo our former leader

2. It annoys us when you call the North Parasites and try to dehumanise them, Do you know why ? Because you supported one Nigeria when it favoured you. Well people are not stu.pid I hope you know that.

3. Nnamdi your son marginalised the largely illiterate yorubas back then. Today Nnamdi is a hero isn't he ?

4. Your Nnamdi was against Baifra and he is Igbo why should we now support it since you Illustrious leader was against it. Who is fooling who

5. Nnamdi your so called detribalised leader knew how to marginalised his southern neighbour which even inculded South-southerners such as Enahoro, Ijaw leaders and Ayota (Ibibio) etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this were before the war. Now I would go to during the war

1. During the war, Ojukwu did NOT release Awolowo from prison it took Gowon intervention to persuade Ojukwu to release Awolowo. Now you expect him to be grateful to Ojukwu ?

2. Yorubas actually Loved Kaduna Nzeogwu because he held our ideology of progress before tribe etc but rather your people were so tribalistic they betrayed Nzeogwu by informing Nnamdi and co to run thus making Nzeogwu look like a bad person. Who's fault is that, Yoruba or your people I ask.

3. Yes lets agree Ojukwu and Awolowo spoke in prison, Why did Ojukwu then decide not to listen to Awolowo's advice ? Because he is yoruba abi ? LOL

4. The most annoying that about the war was WHY THE HELL DID OJUKWU INVADE THE MID-WEST AND THE WEST ? and please don't tell me about Lagos because according to you all your fight was with hausa/fulani as you say not with Nigeria thus you have no right to Lagos.

5. Yes In as much yorubas were sympathetic with biafra, that singular act destroyed the little dying relationship with yorubas. And it was all cause by the Igbos

6. The propaganda after the war was the funniest because it seems like your all are drunk. All over the internet, you first started by saying Hausa/fulani/Yoruba were the ones killing us etc but never add South-south, mide-west and middle belt to you propaganda.

Also made ridicule of Awolowo by claiming he committed suicide. Was it Awolowo's fault that Nnamdi and Ojukwu attempted to betray him but all ended up betraying themselves ?

A good historian would be laughing at some of your Igbos claims I tell you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was during the war now after the war

1. In 1993, when Abiola's mandate (of which you did not vote well for him) was annulled, why did you all run back to the east ? Were Igbos killed or what ?

2. D[b]uring GEJ campaign, you did all sort of propaganda to make it seem yorubas were against GEJ. Infact another one of your son said Yoruba/Huasa/Fulani. Then if we then decide to join our northern brother, you would complain shouting up and down[/b]

3. You gave 5 states to GEJ yorubas gave 9 states to GEJ. so what is your whining about ? GEJ is there today because of OBJ. But as usual, you think you all are clever shouting up and down that the vote in those 9 Western states were by Igbos not yorubas. A slap to the good people that voted for their candidates.

4. Then your stu.pid son again called Asari Dokubo (calls himself 40% igbo and 60% ijaw) came out and started making bigoted statements about yorubas all over.

5. Again Yorubas don't vote based on tribe or zone but vote based on the past work of the person. During the fuel subsidy protest, why did Igbo states not protest ? Is the increase not affecting them ? Then guess what

the words of the Igbos all over the internet " They should increase the fuel price so those yoruba and hausa fulani people would stop stealing our oil"

a. who's oil ?

b. Has the increase reduce the corruption in the oil sector

c. Those Dantata and Adenuga are still drilling thus it has not affected them BUT US the people. Stu.pidity isn't it ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Lagos

1. What do you mean we should not provoke Igbos ? Have we provoked the Igbos before ?

2. The words from Igbos is that they own Lagos etc Have we ever challenged that openly ? Not that we can't but be chose to be quite because such provocative statements would only end at your demise. Fact !!!!

3. I can assure you that if GEJ does not do that seaport etc so you call ALL move back to the east, then you have disgraced yourself and your people. Fact. and in reality we can't want till you all go back maybe we would come this time and lets see how good of a host you Igbos are.

Read the words in the picture below, it describes the yorubas for you.

We are not stu.pid or weak. we just chose to be silent

CORRELATE OR ADDRESSED ANYTHING THIS WOMAN SAID

Gracie1818: Yes it has.I have open mindedly read the Nigerian history recently after my encounter with nairaland.To be honest,the origin of all this was the betrayal of the Igbos by the yorubas and the celebration of that betrayal.I once saw some classified pictures of the Biafran war victims in 1985 while in secondary school,gawd,even satan would not like it.One of the pictures showed a middle aged woman,a survivor who told a story about how her left eye was plucked off and given to her to chew and swallow for her to live.This is jjust one of the many millions of stories about the war.Adekunle Black scorpion would go into villiages,kill women and children rather than face soldiers while Ojukwu gave a safe passage to yorubas and notherners in Igboland.Adekunle was given the chieftancy title of Are Onakakanfo of yoruba land in 1969,in Ogbomosho.Awo was also given many titles within the period for genocide by hunger while Adekunle is genocide by bullet.These two men are heroes in yorubaland.What puzzles d Igboman is that the yoruba cherishes all those pasts just for the plate of food,all their pastors,alfas and human right activists except Gani and soyinka may God bless these two people.We lost that war galantly but I can tell you honestly the whole south and nothern minority are the real losers.I've lived in the north and have seen how the housa see the whole south as conquered people including the yoruba irrespective of their alignment durring the war.What I'm giving u Is grass root and home truth,ask any aboki.Do u know that it was after the war that housa fulani gained ground in zaria and then kaduna,and then consolidated in illorin,a yoruba land.historical victories give them courage and sense of superiority ..Afonja,uthman dan fodio and civil war.Have u asked why the last road to the sea in lagos is ahmadu bello way.lagos is a target for housa.I know what they say about lagos. The second puzzle was why snc while the Aburi that was on a plater of gold was stopped by awolowo and edwin clark.mark my word ,the housas are coming for invasion and u will appreciate peacefull people like lagos.To be honest Igbos are not interested in lagos provided u don't provoke them.History is an evidence that we don't fight our neighbours or host for land,what we do is business.Let there be a fully functional seaport in seaport in the east and we,ll withdraw from lagos

TRUELY SOME PEOPLE HAVE READING PROBLEM AND ONE-SIDED THINKING ON THIS FORUM.
I've noticed, its become my job to point out stuff to people on this forum

I don't know about una Yoruba but for most Igbo, the mistrust towards Yoruba began after the civil war. Ndi-Igbo na lie she lie?

Of the highlighted, Did she lie? Didn't Adekunle kill innocent civilians, rather than attacking soliders whom he suppose to fight? Didn't Awolowo starve civilians, labeled Igbo properties abandoned and left every Igbo man 20 pounds, no matter how much they had in bank prior to the war? Aren't this two men heroes on Yorubaland and aren't Yoruba rejoicing over the death of the innocent women and children? Did she lie at all or are the behavior we see from Yoruba on this forum some kind of lie? Prove her wrong?

Second highlighted, Did she lie? Predominantly, No Igbo gives two cents about Lagos, all they care about is business, once that is over or there is nothing to benefit from Lagos, they will waka, that is one of the main reason you barely see Igbo on other parts of SW. Ndi-Igbo, na lie I dey lie? The Igbo owns 70% lagos came out of retaliation, AGAIN NA LIE? Prove me wrong

In regards to the rest, wasn't after the war that the north began their "born to rule mentality", again na lie?

Rather than address some the sh1t the woman said, some fools will stir the train another direction

Lastly, provide the proof that Nnamdi marginalized anyone in Nigeria. Lastly, if u no sabi sh1t, keep shut. Nnamdi is neither a hero, nor villian to Igbo people. He is just nnamdi shikena

Of all the highlighted from your post, prove it. Provide the proof that anyone warned Nnamdi, provide the conversation, provide anything.

Did we lie about GEJ? was it not Yoruba and Hausa that started their propaganda over him and Ngozi, why didn't una do the same during SW and North rule or do you think we are blind?

Last but not least, Asari Dokunbo attack Yoruba, Igbo gets blamed. On NL, beaf attack yoruba, Igbo gets blamed, any ND attacks Yoruba, igbo gets blamed Weren't you one of the people running around before shouting GEJ is an Igbo man or do you want me to start bringing out that line of comments from you.

Lastly on the Lagos attack, how many Igbo have una seen both online or out making fun of those that died during that attack, now compare it to the amount of yoruba whom ridicule the death of starving children, the attack of Asaba, etc.

Alj_harem go sit your lying, chamelon @ss down somewhere.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by lagcity(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nyamiris are just hurting, they'll continue to hurt over the calamity they brought on themselves. Pathetic ppl trying to point fingers at others for their own missteps. Even Ojukwu said ibos have a siege mentality. they see dead people enemies everywhere cheesy u ppl will only get over ur schizophrenia when u stop spreading lies to innocent igbo children. that's the greatest crime of all; brainwashing innocent children to hate other tribes. well, it is not like we give a fvck though.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2012
lagcity: Nyamiris are just hurting, they'll continue to hurt over the calamity they brought on themselves. Pathetic ppl trying to point fingers at others for their own missteps. Even Ojukwu said ibos have a siege mentality. they see dead people enemies everywhere cheesy u ppl will only get over ur schizophrenia when u stop spreading lies to innocent igbo children. that's the greatest crime of all; brainwashing innocent children to hate other tribes. well, it is not like we give a fvck though.
if u dont give a fucck why saying it? swallow it winkeven thou yorubas are well known by the whole nigeria as tribalistic animals you cant take it that is why you easily kill yourselves suicidal bunch of sad
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by bittyend(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
londoner:

I decided to relate to people according to what they display/attributes and values.....not tribe or nationality.I pity people who chose to be xenophobic, racists or tribalists. Those types are simply insecure. Its best to relate to an individual on an individual basis I find.

Anyone who has been to Ghana can attest to the fact that nation trumps tribe, even when they have tribal issues. Nigeria and Nigerians are unable to do the same in reality. Ghana may be small, but we have some big lessons to learn from them and most countries around us who are able to forge a national identity.

Nigeria has not been able to prevent tribalism from being such a roadblock to progress on many levels.

You're no different from the average Biafran - who thinks if everyone is not worshipping the self-acclaimed 'Jews of Africa' - then it's not worth being part of. All the problems in Nigeria today were caused by Igbos; yet almost all Igbos - both born in Nigeria and in the diaspora love to play the blame game. There should never have been Nigeria - but the GREED of Nnamdi Azikwe wanted Nigeria so Igbos can dominate other tribes. The first military coup in Nigeria was carried out by mostly Igbos officers because of GREED. The unitary system that messed up the Nigeria to this very day - was imposed on Nigerians by another GREEDY Igbo man, Aguiyi Ironsi. The first civil war in Nigeria was caused by Igbos.

Just because your tribe is not in control, you lot want to shout tribalism all the time - when you're always the first to attack other people.

We don't have no big lessons to learn from no one - if the UK has never had a Welsh nor Irish PM - I think tribalism in Southern Nigeria is not a problem - apart from the Biafrans. Only Igbos need to learn how to be humble - and other tribes will respect them. You don't live in a next man's house and tell him to his face - you own 110% of the house, even if it's true.

Igbos and Hausa/Fulani are the problem in Nigeria - one is a religious bigot - and the other wants to dominate everyone.

If Igbos don't like Yoruba hospitality - you're free to declare your Biafra Republic in your landlocked five states and you may take the Aniomas(the king parasites of Delta state) with you. Just leave River State out of your bs. You're also free to transform your Biafra into Japan - the same way the Igbo governors are doing now grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: alj haram this is your people abi? JTF using u lot for shooting practice and you are here twisting history to suit you
see
i feel sorry for you, most yorubas, may be not most few yorubas have learn-their lesson i believe only a fool will allow stick to poke his eyes twice
fulanis are fighting in ekiti state do u want prove?

What Fulanis are fighting in Ekiti state? If I punch an ibo monkey in the face in Lagos, does that translate to Yorubas fighting ibos in Lagos State?
Are you all truly suffering from schizophrenia?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by OneNaira6: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2012
bittyend:

You're no different from the average Biafran - who thinks if everyone is not worshipping the self-acclaimed 'Jews of Africa' - then it's not worth being part of. All the problems in Nigeria today were caused by Igbos; yet almost all Igbos - both born in Nigeria and in the diaspora love to play the blame game. There should never have been Nigeria - but the GREED of Nnamdi Azikwe wanted Nigeria so Igbos can dominate other tribes. The first military coup in Nigeria was carried out by mostly Igbos officers because of GREED. The unitary system that messed up the Nigeria to this very day - was imposed on Nigerians by another GREEDY Igbo man, Aguiyi Ironsi. The first civil war in Nigeria was caused by Igbos.

Just because your tribe is not in control, you lot want to shout tribalism all the time - when you're always the first to attack other people.

We don't have no big lessons to learn from no one - if the UK has never had a Welsh nor Irish PM - I think tribalism in Southern Nigeria is not a problem - apart from the Biafrans. Only Igbos need to learn how to be humble - and other tribes will respect them. You don't live in a next man's house and tell him to his face - you own 110% of the house, even if it's true.

Igbos and Hausa/Fulani are the problem in Nigeria - one is a religious bigot - and the other wants to dominate everyone.

If Igbos don't like Yoruba hospitality - you're free to declare your Biafra Republic in your landlocked five states and you may take the Aniomas(the king parasites of Delta state) with you. Just leave River State out of your bs. You're also free to transform your Biafra into Japan - the same way the Igbo governors are doing now grin

As if the Yoruba has anything to give for Delta? and don't come in here with the iteskiri are yoruba propaganda Abeg, waka go. Come take delta from Anioma why don't you?
Before we'll give that state to Nigeria, we'll blow that sh1t up.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2012
Aigbofa:

What Fulanis are fighting in Ekiti state? If I punch an ibo monkey in the face in Lagos, does that translate to Yorubas fighting ibos in Lagos State?
Are you all truly suffering from schizophrenia?
so because you punch igbo in his face and his people attacked you and it get to a point people loosing their lifes how is that being schizo?or yoruba life got no value anymore may be sad
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
What is happening on this thread,
why re some cowards bent on turning history upside down?
Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.

Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.

Did Abiola die a fulfilled man NO , his paddy paddy IBB messed him up big time, and he was later imprisoned, chained, tortured and later poisoned to death. Some top military officers watched his sex tape with Kudurat while he was in prison, what a shame!!!. Northern military officers make mockery of his orgasm groans. liking it to that of a sex starved ape, that is the height of humiliation, the sex tape was circulated among Hausa officers and few Igbos. Abiola’s sex orgasm groans was/is still a butt of joke on Yorubas. Kudurat was later slaughtered like a sallah ram.

Shenokan was humiliated out of office like a street tout after just 80 days in office.
Diya, Adisa, Olaruwaju was humiliated and thrown out of office like an idiot
The list is endless Bola Ige and others
so Yorubas ve not really achieved much after the war, the Igbos ve taken over Lagos with their 20 pound, making Yorubas tenants in Lagos Yorubas are the greatest losers of all times.

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
[quote author=BaBa Mike]

Saying " go and suck your masters saggy balls " makes you sound like a gay . .... but sorry I'm not gay. lol

And " Saying "HAUSA , IGBO SLAVES and YORUBA

old boy , e be like say you no sabi otokoto history .... Well if you would like 2 find out more about Otokoto ppl in the Atlantic slave trade pls read this Most Popular Articles ...and Promise me you'll survive it. That you won't commits suicide. Please read the article below

Grass chewing goat, go and suck the saggy balls of your Hausa Fulani masters tongue

we all know those that ve suicide as part of their silly culture, if you are tired of sucking Hausa Fulani balls go and take two shots of otapiapia and join Awo in the hottest part of hell, he will be happy to receive your wretched azz. tongue

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
[quote author=ekwy nwa][/quote]

Whoa! You guys are really hurting!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
Aigbofa:

Whoa! You guys are really hurting!

We re not hurting we are actually celebrating, how can I be hurting when we ve properties all over Lagos, collecting huge amount in rents from occupants of different tribes.
The juice of the story is that we ve many Yoruba tenants, (young bankers and other multinational staff) despite the war and the 20 pounds policy Igbos re still force to reckon with, within and outside the south east, cool so Aigbofa tell me who is really hurting definitely not the Igbos. cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by lagcity(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: if u dont give a fucck why saying it? swallow it winkeven thou yorubas are well known by the whole nigeria as tribalistic animals you cant take it that is why you easily kill yourselves suicidal bunch of sad

we dnt give a fucck. but someone has to tell iboes that they are schizophrenic. Ikemba said it and he's dead. I will continue where Ikemba left. u ppl must hear the truth whether u like it or notgrin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by lagcity(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2012
ekwy nwa:

We re not hurting we are actually celebrating, how can I be hurting when we ve properties all over Lagos, collecting huge amount in rents from occupants of different tribes.
The juice of the story is that we ve many Yoruba tenants, (young bankers and other multinational staff) despite the war and the 20 pounds policy Igbos re still force to reckon with, within and outside the south east, cool so Aigbofa tell me who is really hurting definitely not the Igbos. cool

wtf is this? kindergarten or something? ibos dont make any sense. every tribe from all over naija got properties in Lagos, so wtf is this nyamiri b1tching abt? u ppl are just pathetic. oh yeah, u have Yoruba tenant. yay! u r on top of the world! what a dumass
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
lagcity:

wtf is this? kindergarten or something? ibos dont make any sense. every tribe from all over naija got properties in Lagos, so wtf is this nyamiri b1tching abt? u ppl are just pathetic. oh yeah, u have Yoruba tenant. yay! u r on top of the world! what a dumass

your land in kwara how many percentage of that land are left for yorobe people? cheesy they cant try that rubbish to igbo-land they know we will feed them to dogs may be that why they think we are crazy is good that way they can stay away from us we don't want them,they take all your lands and butcher as much as possible thats good for both giving and receiving kiss
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: your land in kwara how many percentage of that land are left for yorobe people? cheesy they cant try that rubbish to igbo-land they know we will feed them to dogs may be that why they think we are crazy is good that way they can stay away from us we don't want them,they take all your lands and butcher as much as possible thats good for both giving and receiving kiss

You are crying more than the bereaved, something is wrong with this picture! If you lament this much about ibos being slaughtered in the north, perhaps the world would have listened. Instead, you are busy telling Yorubas to remove the speck in their eye, while you pretend not to see the log in yours.
Is that schizophrenia or what?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: so because you punch igbo in his face and his people attacked you and it get to a point people loosing their lifes how is that being schizo?or yoruba life got no value anymore may be sad

Do you mean a Yorobu punched Igbo man’s face in Lagos? You are very funny chap indeed. I remember my few days in Lagos during FA Cup matches that involved Enugu Rangers against IICC Ibadan or Stationary Stores Lagos or Water Corporation Ibadan. The environs of Surulere, Lagos automatically surrender to Igbo chaps especially the dudes from Ajegunle who use to flood National Stadium with Honda 175. Any sigh from Yoruba chaps was met with irresistible force of human strength from Igbo chaps. It was really funny then.

Also I remembered the Nigerian Light-heavyweight boxing championship between Latif (Lat) “assassin” Darasin and Abraham “assassin” Tonica in the main bowl of national Stadium Surulere, Lagos State.

As in this case of this forum, Yoruba peeps were so loudmouthed and were deep into their usual social shenanigans as they entertained any willing listener on how Tonica will be transported back to east in an ambulance. The fight had barely entered into the third round of scheduled event when Tonic not only knocked Lat Darasin down but literally knocked the loudmouthed punk out of the ring. All of a sudden the rant of Oti oo Omo Igbo Ajakutamumuni filled the air of National Stadium.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Ondo Election: Agboola Ajayi Shuns BBC Debate / Atedo Peterside: Tinubu Was Wrong To Say The 2023 Election Is The Best ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.