Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,086 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41650 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
I've never had any reason to dispute the fact that Ilaje is Yoruba just like some of you here should not intrude in matters concerning Ikwerre and Ika who are Igbos just like Ilajes are Yorubas.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Desola, don't let some stuff on NL spoil your sister's personal life undecided

Nah, i see some truth in what ilaje mans said, really. I'm not so daft to just make my mind up based on a few lines, it is something that gives my sister a second thought as well. The sad thing is that she is too damn western in her outlook and doesn't know our culture and that of her boyfriend as she should.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Desola, don't let some stuff on NL spoil your sister's personal life undecided

This is very true! And as I said, Nigeria has changed a looooooot from the time that guy wanted to turn me into suya erroneously believing I was the one that impregnated his daughter. Besides, there is a difference if a woman is marrying into a family. In Nigeria, the woman is the one that has to do the adjusting to the husband's culture most of the time. It is generally seen as a GAIN go get other peoples' women than you loose your women to the other people.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Where is beaf? Has he gone ghost again? grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva: I've never had any reason to dispute the fact that Ilaje is Yoruba just like some of you here should not intrude in matters concerning Ikwerre and Ika who are Igbos just like Ilajes are Yorubas.

Afam, there is a difference. No Ilaje has ever come out to say they are not Yoruba but Ikwerrres and Ikas have people who say they are not Igbo. That is the difference. If they were not saying that, then, people would understand.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva: I've never had any reason to dispute the fact that Ilaje is Yoruba just like some of you here should not intrude in matters concerning Ikwerre and Ika who are Igbos just like Ilajes are Yorubas.

Keedu ko di? Ikwerre problem is not my problem. You should be able to resolve that among yourself.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

This is very true! And as I said, Nigeria has changed a looooooot from the time that guy wanted to turn me into suya erroneously believing I was the one that impregnated his daughter. Besides, there is a difference if a woman is marrying into a family. In Nigeria, the woman is the one that has to do the adjusting to the husband's culture most of the time. It is generally seen as a GAIN go get other peoples' women than you loose your women to the other people.

Well, my sister would not be their gain. I used to like urhobo people a lot too until the family of this stupid boy started nagging my sister to get pregnant before marriage, yet they call themselves christian. A very successful and not to add very beautiful and young 24 year old being forced to get pregnant? Dem dey kolo? Apparently, that shit is their tradition too.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

Afam, there is a difference. No Ilaje has ever come out to say they are not Yoruba but Ikwerrres and Ikas have people who say they are not Igbo. That is the difference. If they were not saying that, then, people would understand.

I know many Agbor people who have no problem being referred to as Igbo.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by dansmog(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
because ilaje is a wonderful language
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
dansmog++:
because ilaje is a wonderful language

Origho re ghan. A ghan ghun re. Ede wa yon gan.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Brixtonyute(m): 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
What's ilaje??

Is ilaje a big bum having African girl?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

I know many Agbor people who have no problem being referred to as Igbo.
[quote author=Ilaje44]

I had one as a girlfriend (now married to an Igbo man). She has not problem as well but she'll prefer being referred to as Agbor before Igbo. Although, I noticed that they really don't hold their identity strong! Well, I see no wrong if they are called Igbo!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by rodeo0070(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
Guys enough wt d use of profane words pls.you don't av to talk in a condescending manner to prove yourselves.anyway l enjoyed the pupuru and obe eweta cos i spent ova 9yrs in okitipupa,very close to igbokoda.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Beaf not everyone is Alj harem. I have told you times without number.

Beaf Beaf beaf, if you still think everyone that sees you and your tribalistic goons as idddeeiots is Alj harem then I am sorry but you are a big mo.ron.

I have told you that I stand for the truth, nothing but the truth and for that reason you hate Alj harem and love to see division both in the North and SW. grin grin grin grin grin

My brother Beaf stop fighting the wind and embrace tranquillity. Alj harem himself is not the problem here it is You beaf.

You generate support by manipulating the tribal hate in people. You really should have been arrested if you were in the developed world.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
rodeo0070: Guys enough wt d use of profane words pls.you don't av to talk in a condescending manner to prove yourselves.anyway l enjoyed the pupuru and obe eweta cos i spent ova 9yrs in okitipupa,very close to igbokoda.

Obe orugbo eyi an fi eja arighon abi okodo ghe Ilaje feran pelu pupuru rin.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

You see what i'm talking about. I've also met Ilajes that say they are not Yorubas but i'm not that stupid to follow that line of reasoning because some Ilaje people will rather not call themselves Yorubas. Why are you always after those Ikwerres and Ikas that say they're not Igbos and not on those that see themselves as Igbos. That's where the problem lies.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2012

They are two different things my brother. In as much as I do not support them.

You see threads on nairaland of Ikwerre today Ika tomorrow. How many have you seen of awori or ilaje ?

But yes it is really none of yoruba business and I have never supported them on that.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Wily2wily: 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilajes are cool people but other Yorubas detest them because they are poor, they want Ilaje oil not Ilaje people
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=28pt]Beaf no fall my hand abeg

Oya come post some more pictures and some size 80 fonts

I take God beg you come quick quick mazamaza

[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
Heh. afam met numerous Ilajes who deny being Yoruba....then he woke up from his dream.

I dunno why you guys think that there is symmetry between us...that plenty of people deny being Igbo doesn't mean there are Yoruba who deny being Yoruba.

Stop lying dude...
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You see what i'm talking about. I've also met Ilajes that say they are not Yorubas but i'm not that stupid to follow that line of reasoning because some Ilaje people will rather not call themselves Yorubas. Why are you always after those Ikwerres and Ikas that say they're not Igbos and not on those that see themselves as Igbos. That's where the problem lies.

My aim is not to divide Ndigbo (unlike Mr Cheta Ojukwu aka Andre) but I am simply talking from my life experience. . . .anyway, Ndigbo's business is not mine. Sorry for talking about it!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

Well, my sister would not be their gain. I used to like urhobo people a lot too until the family of this stupid boy started nagging my sister to get pregnant before marriage, yet they call themselves christian. A very successful and not to add very beautiful and young 24 year old being forced to get pregnant? Dem dey kolo? Apparently, that shit is their tradition too.

They are lovely people! I believe Beaf is a radical outliner. He might not be that bad in real life paapaa, but he definitely has some wayoism in him. That is a normal trait.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Ilajes are cool people but other Yorubas detest them because they are poor, they want Ilaje oil not Ilaje people

Wilywily, give it a rest today. Haba!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Brixtonyute(m): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=13pt]What's ilaje??

Someone talk to me, I'm trying to impregnate a big bum having naija girl. tongue
[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2012

Ikwerre leaders came out to say they are not Ibos. So what are we expected to believe?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Ilajes are cool people but other Yorubas detest them because they are poor, they want Ilaje oil not Ilaje people

We heard you before. Maybe now, you wanna change the record?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

They are lovely people! I believe Beaf is a radical outliner. He might not be that bad in real life paapaa, but he definitely has some wayoism in him. That is a normal trait.

zobo wayos
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Brixtonyute: Abeg, read the previous pages of this thread undecided

How can you be asking a question like this
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by PaulJohn1: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: Alhaji alaya yi yeye must be a linguistical guru for him to have been able to mystify you lot. Much respect young Alhaji. Weiter so!

Jason, se uwo mo je la ka gho FB mi rin? TPIAH mo ko irohin yen ghun rin ke. Abi ki mi se re uwo omade yii? Gban aghan alaigbagbo re ji an ka pe ni Alhaji alaya yi yeye. Omakonren yen nati n'agbara n'oja yi sha.

BTW, blue is good for this old man's eye. Me ne affilieshon pelu "Fussballverein" yi an mi se emon dry gin n'oja ghan.

I'm realy interested in this post, but @ilaje 44 I get confused with some of the words u've written in yoruba. I'm from osun state. I believe I should be able to understand everything since all yorubas originated from Ile-Ife(osun). Just confused. Can you please explain, the relationship of the Ilaje's, edo people and urobo to the yorubas.

Four years ago, on my way to abuja I got to Ekiti. I was stopped by on the law efforcement agent, and we happen to have someone from Ekiti in our bus. We where questioned about some documents we were not able to produce, then one of us that was from Ekitit started communicating with them in Ekiti, seroisly I couldn't understand anything, not even a word. And we're all yorubas. Can u please explain how, I'm confused. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Brixtonyute: What's ilaje??

Noo, Ilaje is an old chap with strong libido! Aghiwin grin!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

They are indeed lovely people! I have them in my family!

Beaf's case is political! I am sure, as you said, he is not that bad. However, on NL as most Niaralander, they bring out their tribalistic dislikes for ethnic groups! grin grin

About the "wayoism", you need to see Beaf go political with propaganda here and there! You go wan die! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Ikwerre leaders came out to say they are not Ibos. So what are we expected to believe?

Some of them come out to say they are Igbos. So, why do you believe the ones who say they're not Igbos if you're not been mischievous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Opposition Is Not Madness— Reno Tells Man Who Said He Heard Buhari Is Dead / Saraki's Son Didn't Spray Dollar Notes On Strippers: Media Group Dismisses Video / Zara Gift Onyinye Identifies With Fulani Herdsmen. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.