Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41070 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Heh. afam met numerous Ilajes who deny being Yoruba....then he woke up from his dream.

I dunno why you guys think that there is symmetry between us...that plenty of people deny being Igbo doesn't mean there are Yoruba who deny being Yoruba.

Stop lying dude...

LOL. I bet that lie wasnt difficult to find out

What next Ijebus deny being Yorubas, Ekitis deny being Yorubas, Ijesha deny being Yorubas, Oyo deny being Yorubas

So who are Yorubas sef?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Heh. afam met numerous Ilajes who deny being Yoruba....then he woke up from his dream.

I dunno why you guys think that there is symmetry between us...that plenty of people deny being Igbo doesn't mean there are Yoruba who deny being Yoruba.

Stop lying dude...

Just as Andre meant many Okun deny yoruba grin grin grin or many awori deny yoruba. People can be funny at times

If you ask him where they met them, either on Nairaland or in their imagination
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Paul John: Not all of the yoruba dialects are 100% mutually intelligible. Standard Yoruba is different from the dialects.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2012

Stop lying dude...
You must be my shadow to know that i'm lying. I've met Ilajes and Itsekiris on both sides of the divide but i've made my own intelligent decision.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Some of them come out to say they are Igbos. So, why do you believe the ones who say they're not Igbos if you're not been mischievous.

Hmmmm you do have a point though !!!

I guess we all need to respect each other
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
Divide?

Lol.

Perhaps if you fix the divide between the left part of your brain and the right part of it, your life will be better off
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Divide?

Lol.

Perhaps if you fix the divide between the left part of your brain and the right part of it, your life will be better off
Have you made any sense with this? Some people and brain malfunction sha.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Desola

What part of Yorubaland are you from?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
This thread is about ILAJE not IKWERRE, please create another thread for that.

Cheers, mate.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Rhino5dm: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
See how dem carry BEAF name dey do yeye shocked

BEAF! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
Why would you even put Itsekiri and Ilaje in the same sentence. The former is a group of people of mixed ancestry/origins, despite speaking a language quite similar to Yoruba (though technically classified as a different language.)

The latter are not...

Listen, I know it is cute again to make it seem as though Yoruba folk and Yoruba-inclined folk who have oil are in fact not Yoruba.

After all, that is something that seems to be a big issue with your people.

But it isn't with mine.

Anyway, mouth alone on the internet, the drug-addled dreams of afam4eva certainly aren't likely to have any impact..
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
Paul John:

I'm realy interested in this post, but @ilaje 44 I get confused with some of the words u've written in yoruba. I'm from osun state. I believe I should be able to understand everything since all yorubas originated from Ile-Ife(osun). Just confused. Can you please explain, the relationship of the Ilaje's, edo people and urobo to the yorubas.

Four years ago, on my way to abuja I got to Ekiti. I was stopped by on the law efforcement agent, and we happen to have someone from Ekiti in our bus. We where questioned about some documents we were not able to produce, then one of us that was from Ekitit started communicating with them in Ekiti, seroisly I couldn't understand anything, not even a word. And we're all yorubas. Can u please explain how, I'm confused. Thanks.

That is very normal. Yoruba is not the only language where the speakers of each dialect mutually understand themselves. The linguists have classified Yoruba into 3 groups:

1. Northwest
2. Central
3. Southeastern

I believe. I may err, but I do believe those are the classifications. These are done on the degree of their mutual intelligibility and grammatical construction. Ufe or Ife are classified within the central Yoruba along Ujesha and co. So, Ufe language is a compromise or what the Germans would call "Bindeglied" between the Oyo and the Ondo (cluster) Yorubas.

You said you dont understand Ekiti? Wait until you hear AKOKO, fear go catch you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend: @Desola

What part of Yorubaland are you from?

why do you ask?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Why would you even put Itsekiri and Ilaje in the same sentence. The former is a group of people of mixed ancestry/origins, despite speaking a language quite similar to Yoruba (though technically classified as a different language.)

The latter are not...

Listen, I know it is cute again to make it seem as though Yoruba folk and Yoruba-inclined folk who have oil are in fact not Yoruba.

But it isn't with mine.

Anyway, mouth alone on the internet, the drug-addled dreams of afam4eva certainly aren't likely to have any impact..

Have you read written Ishekiri? You should do! As a Yoruba, it is even more intelligible to you than the spoken language. It is like German and Dutch!!! You would be amazed.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

why do you ask?

Just asking, but I'm guessing Ibadan. smiley
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Wily2wily: 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
Naturally Ilajes are not Yoruba but if they Chose to be Yorubas that is good, Many Yorubas knew that Ilajes are not Yoruba Clan that is why they don't want to help Ilajes, they took all oil money from Ilaje Land, fed fat and allow Ilajes to die in poverty. Yorubas are waiting the day ocean will swallow Ilaje people so that they will take over the little Ilajes had. my heart goes to Ilaje people.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

Just asking, but I'm guessing Ibadan. smiley

Omo isale eko aromisa legbe, legbe.

Ibadan ko, oluyole ni.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=17pt]I must confess that I am enjoying this debate, wether it is about Ilaje or Ikwerre. It has majorly been very "civil". [/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Why would you even put Itsekiri and Ilaje in the same sentence. The former is a group of people of mixed ancestry/origins, despite speaking a language quite similar to Yoruba (though technically classified as a different language.)

The latter are not...

But it isn't with mine.

Ishekiris are Yorubas!

History reveals that in several waves of migration before the 15th Century, and some a little later, groups from Igala in Nupe country came in through the creeks; Yoruba from ljebu-Ode, Akure and Owo found their way into parts of the Kingdom and a group from Aboh also came in. Some along the coast came in through Gulani/Amatu.

http://www.itsekiri.org/files/history/history.php
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2012

The latter are not...

But it isn't with mine.

Dude Itsekiri langauge is more readable than Ijebu or Ekiti dialect. Itsekiri are very close to yoruba the only reason they are given their separate identify clan in yoruba and not ilaje altogether is because they are a mixture of Ijebu and Bini. That we have to respect

Just as I told Andre to identify one, not only does language come into play but also history.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Naturally Ilajes are not Yoruba but if they Chose to be Yorubas that is good, Many Yorubas knew that Ilajes are not Yoruba Clan that is why they don't want to help Ilajes, they took all oil money from Ilaje Land, fed fat and allow Ilajes to die in poverty. Yorubas are waiting the day ocean will swallow Ilaje people so that they will take over the little Ilajes had. my heart goes to Ilaje people.

very kind of you, now SHOVE off!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Have you read written Ishekiri? You should do! As a Yoruba, it is even more intelligible to you than the spoken language. It is like German and Dutch!!! You would be amazed.

No I definitely know...I've listened to some of the bible in Itsekiri before.

German and Dutch is the right analogy...or Spanish/Portuguese. Someone fluent in one can probably quite easily understand the other.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by MRADOLUDEHINWA(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hum, ilaje is a blessed nation with God natural resourses in God fearing and humility. The history of ilajes' was trace to hail from Ile-Ife, even Ode-mahin his to traced that the accent Amapetu was from Ile-Ife. So with all point and with historical backgrond of the ilajes' trace that the are a Yoruba nation. Even with Ikales' and Apois' that we shear border with. GOD BLESS ILAJE. Ayemafuje Ilaje, awayee.
Ilaje44: I have been watching from the sideline for quite a while now, the numerous ethnic jingoistical lambastation going on here on Nairaland. What I totally find very amusing and at the same time annoying is the way some people are parading themselves as spokesperson for the Ilaje people. For instance, it is very amusing to read incoherent and thus incorrect history 101 of the Ilaje by the young chap called "Alhaji alaya yi yeye" otherwise known as Alhj Harem. Well, one can excuse his mistakes, that boy aint a swimmer, he probably cant paddle a canoe with an "obele". Awori people can only paddle with an "àjè". Now, from the pack of these "Obsessionists", the one person that draws my anger is that "Propagandist boy" called beaf. He likes to claim that Ilaje people in Delta State are having it better than the ones in Ondo State. How come? If the Governor's people, the Ishekiri, our more populous and far richer (in term of Petroleum endowment)cousin in Delta are not laughing, how less the insignificant population of the Ilaje in Delta State? I just wonder at the basis of his comparison? Has he been to Ilaje Local Government in Ondo State lately? Anyway, irun mo fe fo rin pe ji an gban awa Ilaje re. Me fe ba Beaf ati aghan emewa re ka argue nitori omade naa go yeye. Sibesibe, mo mi be re rin, gban Ilaje re. Yin wa no! Abo oro an ji an mi fo ghun omaluabi rin o. Se wo gbo mi?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

Omo isale eko aromisa legbe, legbe.

Ibadan ko, oluyole ni.

So there are four Lagosians on NL.. You, Isale_gan2, dudu_negro and shymmex..

Interesting!

Where are my Ijebu people? sad
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

very kind of you, now SHOVE off!

shey Awori ni e ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Dude Itsekiri langauge is more readable than Ijebu or Ekiti dialect. Itsekiri are very close to yoruba the only reason they are given their separate identify is because they are a mixture of Ijebu and Bini. That we have to respect

Just as I told Andre to identify one, not only does language come into play but also history.

It better just be readable because i can't understand a word of what they speak! Likewise the Ekiti people or should I say all those Yorubas close to Bini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzh0Aw2bNOQ
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj_harem and Desola: No, actually they are legitimately of mixed origins. The dominant ancestry seems to be Yoruba though. But they captured a lot of slaves from neighboring ethnic groups, and evidently had some Igala and Edo mixed in as well.

Actually would be interesting to know what the exact percentages are...I wonder if any scientists have studied it.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ishekiris are Ijebus!!

Please, don't discriminate against my cousins. cool

Eweso!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
MR A.D OLUDEHINWA:
Hum, ilaje is a blessed nation with God natural resourses in God fearing and humility. The history of ilajes' was trace to hail from Ile-Ife, even Ode-mahin his to traced that the accent Amapetu was from Ile-Ife. So with all point and with historical backgrond of the ilajes' trace that the are a Yoruba nation. Even with Ikales' and Apois' that we shear border with. GOD BLESS ILAJE. Ayemafuje Ilaje, awayee.

Oma Ilaje was gbe yi grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
MR A.D OLUDEHINWA:

Ilaje Aiyemafuge

Oma Ilaje: Awa yee o!

Bere rin, a ye ogun ati ote Ujon.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

It better just be readable because i can't understand a word of what they speak! Likewise the Ekiti people or should I say all those Yorubas close to Bini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzh0Aw2bNOQ

ah ah ah grin, but I am sure you can pick up some words in there.

This brings me to the to Gbedegi and toede (not sure of the spelling) who are actually yorubas in Niger state but have been nupe-ized. their language is very similar to Okun as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

Bloomberg Posted The Seyi Tinubu Property Story Across All Their Platforms / Nigerians Troop Out To Greet Tinubu After He Prayed At Lagos Central Mosque / Lantewa Fatsuma Lawal 'Born In 1996 But Employed In 1992' - Reps Panel Probes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.