Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89114 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Bullshit!!! He was the sitting president before the election and as we know he won (read rigged) the entire south and many northern states. He out-rigged Buhari and the other guys. Even Tinubu bowed for him, no?

Bwahahahahaha!!

You're giving too much credit to a man - who was shook to assume power, when the incumbent president passed away... There was a lot of negotiations behind the scene, and the noise by SNC - before he was allowed to become president...

He won those Northern states, because of the OBJ boys in those states.. FACT!!

He made a pact with Tinubu and ACN - and Obasanjo was instrumental in that pact.

As for SE, we all know how SE tag along in every republic - as long as they're promised presidency after the incumbent.

You don't even know about how the Nigerian political terrain works - so much for the educated south. grin

I wasn't even raised in Nigeria, but I know more about the country than you do.. Mate, you have a lot of reading to do.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 4:34am On Apr 30, 2012
Akby: Statistics my foot!!! This is reality and not a matter of who register for jamb and all that. For your information, less that 1% of the total population of Nigeria register for jamb every year so u cant judge a nation using a 1% statistics. From the days of the colonial masters and trends downward, u can't take it away from Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. Take a teenage from all the states of the federation and put them to test, u will see dat one of the state indigiene would come first cos the foundation as already been laid before the inception of this failed 6-3-3-4 educational system!!!

I hope you're not upset with the stat, you kind of sound like it. Anyway, dont fall into the trap of "past glory syndrome." Western Nigeria had a huge head-start in education before the East but by the time of independence the East had wiped out the gap and was fixing to overtake the West - dont take my word for it, just research. Now, do I put so much value to Nigerian education? - you betcha. I had a degree before I left Nigeria and looking back I would say Nigerian unis are glorified High schools. I wish things were different but you know what they say wishes are...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 30, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
I see your point but I think you're giving a little bit too much life to their assumed political "savviness." The truth is - in Africa, he who has the bigger gun cuts the cake, in fact he owns the cake irrespective of where the ingredients are found and mixed. The north, I agree were good political gamers, but you also have to know that what helped cement the north in power was the absence of the East in the political calculus of this nation during and after the civil war. The fear of Igbo domination was exactly what the north needed and it worked for awhile time. Today the reality is different 'cause that myth has been way watered down and the East that played dumb just to survive after the war is no longer interested in second fiddle anymore, they also want the cake as bad as north wants it.

I disagree with the bolded part.. Igbos have never been politically savvy in the Nigerian context.. You guys had only one average political gamer, and that was ZIk - and we all know how Ahmadu Bello turned him into his boy - in the first republic... Even Zik was used and dumped by Ahmadu Bello - hence, the rise of Akintola... After Zik, Igbos have been docile.. You guys need to go back to the drawing board, and start afresh...

If you get my drift, I'm implying that the political success of core north hinged on the continual absence of the East, Igbo domination myth, and Eastern mutual hate and distrust without which the political terain will be Igbo vs Hausa vs Yoruba. Given that those walls of mutual distrust and domination myths in the East are crashing, is it any wonder why we're seeing a huge shake-up in our body polity? I'm not taking anything from Yoruba's mastery of Nigerian politics but I think you probably 4got that in the early 60s it was Igbos that were ascribed with that doggedness and savviness quality before West and North tag-teamed on the East. The point I'm making is that no one is super-wise and savvy, its more like a roller-coaster thing. Today, the Ijaw man is the boss, tomorrow could be Berom or Ibibio man.

The 'Igbo domination myth' was about expansionism, and not political savviness... I don't think ndigbos have ever played their cards right in the Nigerian context.. And there's no shake up in the Nigerian polity - it's still the same... SW has shifted back to regionalism like it was in the first republic - the North is back where it was in the first republic, with Buhari's party leading the way - and the SE is still divided as ever..

Don't let the emergence of GEJ fool you, he was put there by OBJ - and he won't last beyond 2015...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:43am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

I disagree with the bolded part.. Igbos have never been politically savvy in the Nigerian context.. You guys had only one average political gamer, and that was ZIk - and we all know how Ahmadu Bello turned him into his boy - in the first republic... Even Zik was used and dumped by Ahmadu Bello - hence, the rise of Akintola... After Zik, Igbos have been docile.. You guys need to go back to the drawing board, and start afresh...

The 'Igbo domination myth' was about expansionism, and not political savviness... I don't think ndigbos have ever played their cards right in the Nigerian context.. And there's no shake up in the Nigerian polity - it's still the same... SW has shifted back to regionalism like it was in the first republic - the North is back where it was in the first republic, with Buhari's party leading the way - and the SE is still divided as ever..

Don't let the emergence of GEJ fool you, he was put there by OBJ - and he won't last beyond 2015...

Igbos were/are not savvy yet they held most of the military and political positions before the war. You are deluded.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Igbos were/are not savvy yet they held most of the military and political positions before the war. You are deluded.

Military, yes... That was because the colonialists trusted the Igbos than any other southern tribe - because of their acceptance of catholicism.. Yorubas and Benins never respected the British - maybe you need to read what Awolowo said about them..

As for political positions - you're living in fool's paradise.. Igbos only controlled their part of the country... And Zik was a CEREMONIAL president - and he became the president because of the pact between the North and SE...

Zik was dumped by Ahmadu Bello - hence, the rise of Akintola, and most of the Igbo appointments in the federal government were given to Yorubas. That was why most people suspected the Jan. 1966 was an Igbo coup - because they were becoming irrelevant in Nigerian politics..

Read more about Nigeria, bruv..
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 4:54am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Military, yes... That was because they colonialists trusted the Igbos than any other southern tribe - because of their acceptance of catholicism.. Yorubas and Benins never respected the British - maybe you need to read what Awolowo said about them..

As for political positions - you're living in fool's paradise.. Igbos only controlled their part of the country... And Zik was a CEREMONIAL president - and he became the president because of the pact between the North and SE...

Zik was dumped by Ahmadu Bello - hence, the rise of Akintola, and most of the Igbo appointments in the federal government were given to Yorubas. That was why most people suspected the Jan. 1966 was an Igbo coup - because they were becoming irrelevant in Nigerian politics..

Good luck to you on this your new theory.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 5:04am On Apr 30, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

On the bolded, I guess we send our girls to school and have our boys take turns in digging holes lol! I'm of the impression that for some personal reasons you think low of Igbo males. Let me put it this way - I'm from Imo state and to the best of my knowledge it'll be almost impossible to find an Imolite between the age of 12 and 30-40 who cant write simple english. Mind you, I said "write," I didnt say "degree." I dont know how many of our boys have degrees but if I recall vividly, our boys always did better than girls in secondary school and about 60-70% went to uni afterwards ( I went to a village secondary school for your info). Of the number that went to uni, a huge chunk majored in sciences and engineering.

However, I would say that its pointless comparing who is out-educating who in Nigeria because with all our degrees and diplomas what do we have to show for it? Boko Haram, 419, porvety, etc. Big shame.

All that was based on my own personal observation. There is a high chance that its wrong!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 5:26am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Military, yes... That was because the colonialists trusted the Igbos than any other southern tribe - because of their acceptance of catholicism.. Yorubas and Benins never respected the British - maybe you need to read what Awolowo said about them..

You are one half-baked dude

At the time you speak about Igbos were all this:

1. President (Zik)
2. Senate President Nwafor Orizu
3.Speaker of the House (Jaja Nwachukwu)
4. First UN under sec Gen of African origin (Jaja)
5. First Perm Sec to the UN (Jaja)
6 Min of Aviation (Nwachukwu)
7 Minister of Commerce/political adviser to the PM (Mbadiwe)

And you claim they were relevant?

Balewa's Ministers
OFFICE NAME TERM
Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa 1957–1966
Foreign Affairs Jaja Wachuku 1961–1965
Transportation Raymond Njoku 1957–1960
Education Aja Nwachukwu 1957–1960
Commerce K. O. Mbadiwe 1957–1960
Communications Samuel Ladoke Akintola 1957–1960
Finance Festus Okotie-Eboh 1957–1960
Internal Affairs J. M. Johnson 1957–1960
Information Kola Balogun 1957–1960
Health Ayo Rosiji 1957–1960
Labor ....... .......
Mines Muhammadu Ribadu 1957–1960

How many Igbos are there compared to others? Can you mention and substantiate one position taken from an Igbo and given to another group, before the war But for the war, Igbos were poised to take over Nigeria. By all account, Yorubas were the ones sidelined until Obasanjo came in. Now they are in limbo again.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

You are one half-baked dude

At the time you speak about Igbos were all this:

1. President (Zik)
2. Senate President Nwafor Orizu
3.Speaker of the House (Jaja Nwachukwu)
4. First UN under sec Gen of African origin (Jaja)
5. First Perm Sec to the UN (Jaja)
6 Min of Aviation (Nwachukwu)
7 Minister of Commerce/political adviser to the PM (Mbadiwe)

And you claim they were relevant?

Balewa's Ministers
OFFICE NAME TERM
Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa 1957–1966
Foreign Affairs Jaja Wachuku 1961–1965
Transportation Raymond Njoku 1957–1960
Education Aja Nwachukwu 1957–1960
Commerce K. O. Mbadiwe 1957–1960
Communications Samuel Ladoke Akintola 1957–1960
Finance Festus Okotie-Eboh 1957–1960
Internal Affairs J. M. Johnson 1957–1960
Information Kola Balogun 1957–1960
Health Ayo Rosiji 1957–1960
Labor ....... .......
Mines Muhammadu Ribadu 1957–1960

How many Igbos are there compared to others? Can you mention and substantiate one position taken from an Igbo and given to another group, before the war But for the war, Igbos were poised to take over Nigeria. By all account, Yorubas were the ones sidelined until Obasanjo came in. Now they are in limbo again.

That was because of the PACT between NCNC and NPN - we all know the northerners ran things in the first republic because most of these people were occupying ceremonial posts.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 5:31am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

That was because of the PACT between NCNC and NPN - we all know the northerners ran things in the first republics.
And a pact that gave you so much was not about your savviness, right?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
And a pact that gave you so much was not about your savviness, right?

That's if you believe selling your soul for ceremonial post is savviness. You guys betrayed the South!! lipsrsealed

And we all know how the unholy marriage ended! -----------------------------------------------------> Biafra
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 5:38am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

That's if you believe selling your soul for ceremonial post is savviness. You guys betrayed the South!! lipsrsealed

And we all know how the unholy marriage ended! -----------------------------------------------------> Biafra
Dude, quit ranting like a rain-drenched pigeon. As of today, the North is fighting for its political life and the South (specifically the Ijaw, a so-called minority) holds the ace. That is not savvy, to my mind. Please go to bed, you are too ignorant about these things.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Dude, quit ranting like a rain-drenched pigeon. As of today, the North is fighting for its political life and the South (specifically the Ijaw, a so-called minority) holds the ace. That is not savvy, to my mind. Please go to bed, you are too ignorant about these things.

Bwahahahahahaha!!

The Ijaws wouldn't know what the ace looks like, even if it was all over their creeks. cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by iconaus: 5:56am On Apr 30, 2012
People are still living in the past . Even before the civil war , igbos were the most educated and this was the fact . Then after the war igbos suffered a major set back both in trade and education. But currently igbo people are people to beat in terms of education and other human endeavours. People esp the sw are still thinking that the igbos are still lagging behind in education ; that was after the war . That igbos are good in trading does not mean they are behind in education; you guys got it wrong . Igbos are in every thing and that makes a society or region complete. i came from a family of 8 in Aambra and all of us are professionals. And besides , igbos have money therefore can afford to send their children to school and the best one for that matter.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Cusubaba(m): 6:28am On Apr 30, 2012
[quote author=Desola]Imo? Anambra? Are we talking education in spare part dealership or cocaine courier, here? Your very stupid. I know you must be ugly and diety.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2012
icon aus: People are still living in the past . Even before the civil war , igbos were the most educated and this was the fact . Then after the war igbos suffered a major set back both in trade and education. But currently igbo people are people to beat in terms of education and other human endeavours. People esp the sw are still thinking that the igbos are still lagging behind in education ; that was after the war . That igbos are good in trading does not mean they are behind in education; you guys got it wrong . Igbos are in every thing and that makes a society or region complete. i came from a family of 8 in Aambra and all of us are professionals. And besides , igbos have money therefore can afford to send their children to school and the best one for that matter.

It is because of people like you Nigeria is not moving forward

The OP asked which state is the most educated in Nigeria

Again you are talking about Yoruba downfall, past glory, Igbos have passed Yoruba etc

Who cares ? Do you for once second yorubas are in any competition with igbos ?

Really people need to stop this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2012
Even worse some iddeiots are talking of the civil war etc.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Nigeria rules in Education: BOTTOMLINE! cool cool

I'm so proud of the East: Abia, Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross-rivers, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo,and Rivers state.
That's how we roll folks!
We rock in education! cool cool cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by mmkamson(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine: If we are to adopt statistical parity in having a fair judgement . .wont it be necessary we factor in the population indices of each states to come to a balanced conclusion of which state has the most educated in Nigeria . . .

A reason why Lagos is the undisputed number one cos her level of educated inhabitants would comfortably give other states a 100% literacy rate . . . while a state like kano even though with a small education literacy indices would have fared better with a smaller population . . .

So let's try factoring the population indices of each states vis-a-vis their rating in arriving to an acceptable inference . . .
Now diz s hw an educated person finkz....goin 2 school does nt mak u educated it jst makes u certificated and by dt u r expected to show some difference in ur reasoning lik U jst did.
By d way wht state re u frm? I tak it as d most educated
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I marvel at how great a country Biafra would have been had we seceded successfully.
Even South Korea wouldn't stand a chance!
We have EVERYTHING: Natural resource, Smart and hard working citizens, 95% Christian, the heavens would have been our limit. By now, we won't need to be slicing and dicing our way in Nigeria trying to assert our NATURAL tendencies.
We achieve all these in the Nigerian jungle. To God be the glory! cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Sike(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2012
Whatever!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

hehehe! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin That guy is a KID. cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2012
mmkamson:
Now diz s hw an educated person finkz....goin 2 school does nt mak u educated it jst makes u certificated and by dt u r expected to show some difference in ur reasoning lik U jst did.
By d way wht state re u frm? I tak it as d most educated
Proudly Ekiti . . . . . oya hand us the trophy abeg . . . grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2012
Onlytruth: The more I think about it, the more I marvel at how great a country Biafra would have been had we seceded successfully.
Even South Korea wouldn't stand a chance!
We have EVERYTHING: Natural resource, Smart and hard working citizens, 95% Christian, the heavens would have been our limit. By now, we won't need to be slicing and dicing our way in Nigeria trying to assert our NATURAL tendencies.
We achieve all these in the Nigerian jungle. To God be the glory! cool
my brother. It baffles me why Biafra failed. Am still optimistic that if biafra 2015 we'll still attain greatness like japan n korea.I don't why I share passport with this malu. I need biafra though my family have millions of naira worth of property up north n abuja. We can still make it
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2012
kcswat: my brother. It baffles me why Biafra failed. Am still optimistic that if biafra 2015 we'll still attain greatness like japan n korea.I don't why I share passport with this malu. I need biafra though my family have millions of naira worth of property up north n abuja. We can still make it

My brother the genius of Biafra would only have rivaled that of Israel where PATENTS are churned out like sand!
Our people are just amazing! I marvel at their achievements even in the face of some of the worst systemic deprivation known to man. It is like a man with 100 kg metal tied to his feet, yet he beats every peer hands down in 100 meters dash!
Truly amazing. cool

As far as I'm concerned Biafra was killed by those who didn't want to see another Israel in Africa. cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ekwynwa: 8:21am On Apr 30, 2012
MR A.D OLUDEHINWA:
Ondo state, cos the best waec student in the whole west africa came from the state, for the very first time. God bless Ondo state and Ilaje l.g.a.

tongue tongue Ondo state my foot tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/925660/waec-debunks-best-student-claim
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 30, 2012
I'd say the most educated state is Kano. Their universities are the bomb!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

My brother, If it is OAU eyes they are looking at then so be it. If we bring out stats of the best University in African continent (of over 500 universities) OAU was the first in Nigeria. What does that tell you ?

Today UK can boast of good educational level among her citizens not because they are good in English language or good with "diction" but because of the problem solving ability.

Before we say A and B, some are quick to shout waec, jamb etc. Ask yourself why did Uk ban Nigerian univerities and not OAU and co ?

My brother it is quality not quantity. Spelling and grammar does not show how educated one is. For all I care I can be writing and be good in Fula would one consider me as an uneducated man ?

The performance you are talking about does not go to those states and you know that. I hope you see what I mean.
Guy how many Osun indigenous graduates come of OAU every academic session,guy forget that thing wey you dey talk.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2012
chucky234:
Guy how many Osun indigenous graduates come of OAU every academic session,guy for that thing wey you dey talk.

Same can be said of Lagos etc How many indigenes of Lagos are graduates ?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2012
@ topic

The most educated state is the poorest state in Nigeria and that state is EKITI STATE.

This is because they are all educated by the sub-standard Nigerian educational system.

The most internationally educated state is Anambra. Followed closely by the south-south states if not equal.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju: @ topic

The most educated state is the poorest state in Nigeria and that state is EKITI STATE.

This is because they are all educated by the sub-standard Nigerian educational system.

The most internationally educated state is Anambra.

How can you say internationally educated is Anambra. What happened to delta state ?

To even show you how wrong you are, shell and other oil companies sponsor delta state indigenes apart from them being self determine as well.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: Jmaine sorry that I did not respond to your comment. I knew this thread was going to be hijacked.

@ Adejoro aka Nchara and Bashr4 etc

State is different from ethnicity lets get our facts right here. For all I care OAU might have all Igbo student but the quality again is way higher than many Nigerian universities.

You two are quick to talk about Yoruba down fall, free education this, Igbos have beaten the yoruba etc and all other childish remarks. I am not looking at it from that point of view. I am look at it in terms of standard of education, employment rate of each university and the great professionals those universities have churn out on a yearly bases.

Tell me how many big successive men Nsukka have produced compare to the ones I listed.

The truth is that Nigeria universities are not up to standard but reality remains those universities I alj harem picked are still the best in Nigeria.

Yes if they are, it would directly correlate to the state in which those universities are to be the most educated.

Most educated is not in terms of number of graduates alone but also in terms of quality education which those state/schools have.

If we now move down to Secondary schools, you would find out that those states have the best public and private secondary schools in Nigeria. Especially Lagos quote me anyday.

If it is poly's as well, Ogun has the best poly in Nigeria which is the Agricultural poly in Abeokuta of which other countries send their people to.

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

Busted: Auchi polytechnic, Edo state is the highest ranked polytechnic in Nigeria, and the 10th institution on d overall ranking. here is no agric poly in Nigeria, let alone ogun state. MAPOLY in ogun state wasn't among the first 100 institutions. Only 4 polytechnics namely Auchi poly, Kwara poly, Yabatech and LASPOTECH made the "1st 100" cut on webometrica ranking...you will do us well to always check ur facts

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.