Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89134 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2012
Some of those states in the southwest are literate in other languages( especially yoruba). Same for the north where you have people who speak&write poor english but near-excellent arabic.

Our data and corporate/social life in nigeria is seriously skewed.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2012
Desola: Imo? Anambra? Are we talking education in spare part dealership or cocaine courier, here?

wicked girl tongue

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

How can you say internationally educated is Anambra. What happened to delta state ?

To even show you how wrong you are, shell and other oil companies sponsor delta state indigenes apart from them being self determine as well.

Dude, thats why I added the "South-south states" . . . Rivers & Delta especially
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2012
~Bluetooth:

wicked girl tongue

Your relative I guess!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2012
Willzkid:
Busted: Auchi polytechnic, Edo state is the highest ranked polytechnic in Nigeria, and the 10th institution on d overall ranking. here is no agric poly in Nigeria, let alone ogun state. MAPOLY in ogun state wasn't among the first 100 institutions. Only 4 polytechnics namely Auchi poly, Kwara poly, Yabatech and LASPOTECH made the "1st 100" cut on webometrica ranking...you will do us well to always check ur facts

Busted ko, looted ni

Did you check the link I brought out or not ?

I am not talking about Nigeria where mediocrity is the order of the day, I am talking in terms of the international standard

Actually I don't know why they don't call it a university because it is a polytechnic

Google University of Agriculture Abeokuta

or better still check continental ranking

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju: @ topic

The most educated state is the poorest state in Nigeria and that state is EKITI STATE.

This is because they are all educated by the sub-standard Nigerian educational system.

The most internationally educated state is Anambra. Followed closely by the south-south states if not equal.

Bros . .i go wifi one solid Head Butt dash you for there oo! . . . Wetin be that angry
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

Bros . .i go wifi one solid Head Butt dash you for there oo! . . . Wetin be that angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude, thats why I added the "South-south states" . . . Rivers & Delta especially
true SS states are quite educated mostly Delta rivers and Edo
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Jamesqu(m): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2012
*Scratching ma head*

Is it conclusive to infer that because statistics show some states to be leading in literacy or education level, we can adduce this to mean these states are the most literate?

Can you do a mental flashback of your class in University/Secondary School and try to check the tribal population?

A class in ABU had about 60% SW, 25% SE, 15% others....a class in Uniport had about 45% SE, 40% SW, 15% SS...

Did JAMB or WAEC release the tribal groupings of people who wrote the exams in these states?

There are scores of people who wrote exams out of their origin geozones, and scores who studied outside their goezones....therefore I suppose these statistics are really inconclusive. I know SW students who use their muslim combo-names to get scholarships from the north!

AM JUST SAYING!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Why do people like to cover up the obvious ? Imo State is so far ahead that the 2nd State is very far behind. We are all 100% graduates in my kindred. Infact I've not met a man who is not a graduate right from my grandfather's generation. I'm from Oguta and whoever cares should verify.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2012
Jamesqu: *Scratching ma head*

Is it conclusive to infer that because statistics show some states to be leading in literacy or education level, we can adduce thsi to mean these states are the most literate?

Can you do a mental flashback of your class in University/Secondary School and try to check the tribal population?

A class in ABU had about 60% SW, 25% SE, 15% others....a class in Uniport had about 45% SE, 40% SW, 15% SS...

Did JAMB or WAEC release the tribal groupings of people who wrote the exams in tehse states?

There are scores of people who wroye exams out of their origin geozones, and scores who studied outside their goezones....therefore I suppose these statistics are really inconclusive. I know SW students who use their muslim combo-names to get scholarships from the north!

AM JUST SAYING!

Are you minding them

It does not even matter what zone is schooling in another. the stats speak for itself. If I an an indigene of Cross river school in Kogi, would my stats go to Cross river or Kogi ?

Of course it goes to Kogi, thus there is no real correct way of determining, though you can tell from the universities in their respective states
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2012
Abagworo: Why do people like to cover up the obvious ? Imo State is so far ahead that the 2nd State is very far behind. We are all 100% graduates in my kindred. Infact I've not met a man who is not a graduate right from my grandfather's generation. I'm from Oguta and whoever cares should verify.

Haba, that is just one family. Although I can relate to what you are saying. I have not met an uneducated Imolite in my life (I have met a lot). Maybe you are correct
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

Bros cool down jor!!

I lie?!

Why you dey form Rambo for childrens film?!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 9:25am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

Are you minding them

It does not even matter what zone is schooling in another. the stats speak for itself. If I an an indigene of Cross river school in Kogi, would my stats go to Cross river or Kogi ?

Of course it goes to Kogi, thus there is no real correct way of determining, though you can tell from the universities in their respective states

Why mixing up things?
If u are using jamb or waec statistics, it does not change ur state of origin which is what they use in their statistics, ur place of writing and schooling does not really come into those stats.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros cool down jor!!

I lie?!

Why you dey form Rambo for childrens film?!

Rambo na Rambo even if na Cartoon grin . . . . them dey talk most educated . .you begin dey differentiate international and local content . . . .Ekiti kampe whichever abeg cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem:

Busted ko, looted ni

Did you check the link I brought out or not ?

I am not talking about Nigeria where mediocrity is the order of the day, I am talking in terms of the international standard

Actually I don't know why they don't call it a university because it is a polytechnic

Google University of Agriculture Abeokuta

or better still check continental ranking

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

bros,look at your own link and refute any of my claims. There is no agric poly in Nigeria, UNAAB (now FUNAAB) has been a university since 1988- first a federal univ of tech (FUTAB), neva was it a polytechnic. MAPOLY, the only abeokuta based polytechnic is not even on the list. AUCHI polytechnic, Edo state
-95th on ur own link- is Nigeria's highest ranked polytechnic.
Do you want to tell me you can't see these plainly, or you just like to argue?
Sorry, if I may come accross as arrogant, but I'm currently working on performance of some Nigerian universities, the webometrics ranking is part of my selection criteria
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

Why mixing up things?
If u are using jamb or waec statistics, it does not change ur state of origin which is what they use in their statistics, ur place of writing and schooling does not really come into those stats.
smiley

Bro, in Nigeria state of origin can be changed as you like. How many SEerners have I seen claiming to be from Delta or Edo ?

How many SWerner claiming to be indigenes in Kwara or Niger state. It is a petty difficult thing to assess. As a poster rightly said, some many SW claim to be hausa or Nupe so as to get scholarships in ABU. Thus they have changed their state of origin haven't they ?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Jamesqu(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

Why mixing up things?

Mallam yaya,

I think the stats from WAEC/JAMB only indicate state numbers. It doesn't go futher to show the composition of these numbers as it were i.e. originn of each student.

For example, IMO xx,Bleep, for all you know in this number attributed to IMO there will be percentages from other states.

Surely, all of them cannot be IMO indigenes! So if only we could get to the foundation of these data can we actually decipher wherein lies the most educated state.

AM JUST SAYING!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2012
Willzkid:
bros,look at your own link and refute any of my claims. There is no agric poly in Nigeria, UNAAB (now FUNAAB) has been a university since 1988- first a federal univ of tech (FUTAB), neva was it a polytechnic. MAPOLY, the only abeokuta based polytechnic is not even on the list. AUCHI polytechnic, Edo state
-95th on ur own link- is Nigeria's highest ranked polytechnic.
Do you want to tell me you can't see these plainly, or you just like to argue?
Sorry, if I may come accross as arrogant, but I'm currently working on performance of some Nigerian universities, the webometrics ranking is part of my selection criteria
Thank for the explaination smiley

I am sorry but did you read my post ? I said the abeokuta university of argiculture or so could be categorised as a poly.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2012
jmaine:

Rambo na Rambo even if na Cartoon grin . . . . them dey talk most educated . .you begin dey differentiate international and local content . . . .Ekiti kampe whichever abeg cheesy

Upon all the school wey them go, the only way wey the State government fit think of increasing their IGR na by turning the whole State into Poultry farm and by investing in Hotel tourism like the one shown below;

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2012
Jamesqu:

Mallam yaya,

I think the stats from WAEC/JAMB only indicate state numbers. It doesn't go futher to show the composition of these numbers as it were i.e. originn of each student.

For example, IMO xx,Bleep, for all you know in this number attributed to IMO there will be percentages from other states.

Surely, all of them cannot be IMO indigenes! So if only we could get to the foundation of these data can we actually decipher wherein lies the most educated state.

AM JUST SAYING!

U are still not getting it are u?
U mean ppl that apply for jamb with Imo as state of origin are not Imolites?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: smiley

Bro, in Nigeria state of origin can be changed as you like. How many SEerners have I seen claiming to be from Delta or Edo ?

How many SWerner claiming to be indigenes in Kwara or Niger state. It is a petty difficult thing to assess. As a poster rightly said, some many SW claim to be hausa or Nupe so as to get scholarships in ABU. Thus they have changed their state of origin haven't they ?

Bros, i get ur drift but it is more rampant among the yorubas n some Igbos forming northerners to gain admission here in d north and not d other way round.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Jamesqu(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

U are still not getting it are u?
U mean ppl that apply for jamb with Imo as state of origin are not Imolites?

Oh, I see the confusion.

The stats show people who SAT the exam in IMO state not people of IMO state origin.

You can check the dailies again....kindly confirm!

JUST SAYING!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Chinatownm(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
it can only be imo and d rest
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jmaine: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Upon all the school wey them go, the only way wey the State government fit think of increasing their IGR na by turning the whole State into Poultry farm and by investing in Hotel tourism like the one shown below;

Lol . . . You be real yeye grin . . . . Who tell you say . .poultry farming and hotel tourism business no fit generate correct raw cabadice . . . Abegiii wink
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2012
9 Things You didnt know about the MOST LOCALLY EDUCATED STATE in Nigeria . . . EKITI STATE

1. EKITI is the second poorest State in Nigeria - Commisioner - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722942.0.html

2. Woman delivers FROG baby in Ekiti State - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735988.0.html

3. Illicit Drug Comsumption on the rise in Ekiti - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700674.0.html

4. Pedophelia Epidemic overruns EKiti State -https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-682478.0.html

5. 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected in Ekiti State - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-789802.0.html

6. Ekiti shuts down Brothel near school - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795581.0.html

7. NDLEA bust drug Cartel in Ekiti - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-753741.0.html

8. Yam eating responsible for multiple births in Ekiti State - Gov. Wife - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-688489.0.html

9. Bush People of Ekiti kill over Federal University- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-603080.0.html

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2012
#runsfromthread & Ekitipeople. . . . grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2012
Jamesqu:

Oh, I see the confusion.

The stats show people who SAT the exam in IMO state not people of IMO state origin.

You can check the dailies again....kindly confirm!

JUST SAYING!

Young man, u want to tell me that more ppl applied for jamb in imo state, delta state, anambra state than Lagos state?

Do u knw d population of lagos alone is lyk d above 3 states listed above? Common sense in not really common.

Help urself with d link below, gudday.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/03/jamb-utme-2012-result-statistics-904-score-above-270.html
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by mummy3(f): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2012
odumchi: I think it's between Imo, Delta, and Anambra.

Anyway, thread moved to politics.

Imo ko, Delta Ni, Anambra Ku. except their ladies. their men are into business i beg
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by mummy3(f): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2012
What type of Education are you guys arguing about. Is it how to read and write or up to University Level?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Montalo(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2012
Desola: Imo? Anambra? Are we talking education in spare part dealership or cocaine courier, here?
LWKMD! Anambra ke? fat lie! Those guys in mainmarket? mgbuka obosi? Electronics market? Nkpor new parts? Ochanja market? Ose okwo odu market? Electrical parts onitsha? etc..Educated? Nah..Na bizness most of dem dey do o..Na my state o.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Jamesqu(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

Young man, u want to tell me that more ppl applied for jamb in imo state, delta state, anambra state than Lagos state?

Do u knw d population of lagos alone is lyk d above 3 states listed above? Common sense in not really common.

Help urself with d link below, gudday.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/03/jamb-utme-2012-result-statistics-904-score-above-270.html

Yaya Maigida,

I really don't see the need for name calling. We are just trying to have a civil converstaion. I could be wrong but just try to make your point.

That aside, I am impressed by your link which just goes to underline my point.

The link states 123,865 applications CAME FROM IMO STATE....what does that imply. Let's think...does that translate into indigene?

Statistically, most of the states ranked highest, rank in the second 1/3 of population figures except Oyo. Others ranked above them are mostly northern states where literacy is low. This could buttress your own point only that this would majorly b an assumption/educated guess.

As the data and information doesn't specifically say the 123k applicants are indegene of IMO, you cannot infer thus. You will not be able to quote this in an academic thesis.

AM JUST SAYING!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.