Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (89113 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:33am On Apr 30, 2012
BlackPikiN:

This guy na hediot sha.

Prove to me that the guys from the SE are not hot as the bold you mentioned here.

You all lie Igbo boys no go school but majority of those guys you call traders are mostly graduates.

So I go say all those mechanics with long tribal marks wey full Lagos equal say SW boys be mechanics.

You have never convinced me that you are not a f00l. Mumu boy.

Did you not read "from my little experience"? How is my experience the definite answer to all questions? As for your insults, back to sender!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:33am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: You misunderstood me. I was talking about the rate. Are you telling me those traders are literates? The young ones among them can read, write and compute?

There are traders and there are traders. The graduates and high schoolers amongst them will do those things you mentioned.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:34am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123:

Did you not read "from my little experience"? How is my experience the definite answer to all questions? As for your insults, back to sender!

You have always been foolish. That I know.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by jason123: 2:34am On Apr 30, 2012
BlackPikiN:

This guy na hediot sha.

Prove to me that the guys from the SE are not hot as the bold you mentioned here.

You all lie Igbo boys no go school but majority of those guys you call traders are mostly graduates.

So I go say all those mechanics with long tribal marks wey full Lagos equal say SW boys be mechanics.

You have never convinced me that you are not a f00l. Mumu boy.

Or were you blind to see this?

jason123:

Omo, Igbo women sabi book. The guys too dey try but generally (according to my little experience) they are not has "hot" as SS, Yorubas or Northerners. Northerners are not into books but an abstract stat of 1 in every 100000 is a genius! When you meet a smart Northerner, you'll know say them too smart.

But, this is based on my experience. According to stats, the SE and Rivers state have the highest percentage literacy (apart from Lagos and the mystical Ekiti).
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 30, 2012
ak47mann: okayyy i see, people prefer when you say nigerians not igbos sad so igbo is not good to mention,or are you dying to become one? say the truth is not a crime Mr man cool
That's your own problem,dude!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 2:35am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Nwanne, watch what you say about Igbo women - they're my queens. grin
hope you marry one smiley smiley smileyand have half Yoruba half lion BIAFRAN kids smiley smiley
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:37am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Thank you for that. That's not the information we have been fed. Even an Ibo person would confirm this to you that their male don't usually go to school but trade under their elder brothers or uncles. This is the first time I am seeing them to be dropouts or graduates. I still doubt your assertion though.

Feel free to doubt even yourself. That does not detract from the fact.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 30, 2012
I don't know why you guys underestimate Northerners - these people are arguably the most intelligent people in Nigeria.... They don't talk too much, they listen to all your noise - and strategize... I met a couple of them in uni - and I can tell you, these guys are brilliant...

I remember I met Gen. Dambazau's son one time in a friend room in uni, and this young chap is phucking brilliant.. He said he was doing a MBA course, and he raps really good as well.. Dude was also a pot head grin.... They know more about Nigeria than most of you guys, that's why they have been ruling since independence.. Keep underestimating them!

And the funniest thing is that you guys think they're not exposed. But the irony of that assertion is that, the best Nigerian rappers are either from the North, or grew up there... Psquare, MI, Mode9, Terry da rapman, eldee etc...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 30, 2012
ak47mann: hope you marry one smiley smiley smileyand have half Yoruba half lion BIAFRAN kids smiley smiley

Defo, I'm getting married to one. cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:40am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex: I don't know why you guys underestimate Northerners - these people are arguably the most intelligent people in Nigeria.... They don't talk too much, they listen to all your noise - and strategize... I met a couple of them in uni - and I can tell you, these guys are brilliant...

I remember I met Gen. Dambazau's son one time in a friend room in uni, and this young chap is phucking brilliant.. He said he was doing a MBA course, and he raps really good as well.. Dude was also a pot head grin.... They know more about Nigeria than most of you guys, that's why they have been ruling since independence.. Keep underestimating them!

And the funniest thing is that you guys think they're not exposed. But the irony of that assertion is that, the best Nigerian rappers are either from the North, or grew up there... Psquare, MI, Mode9, Terry da rapman, eldee etc...

How many of those became what they are today as residents of the North?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Feel free to doubt even yourself. That does not detract from the fact.
Sure, it doesn't! I have my evidences more or less reasons and I am entitled to them.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex: I don't know why you guys underestimate Northerners - these people are arguably the most intelligent people in Nigeria.... They don't talk too much, they listen to all your noise - and strategize... I met a couple of them in uni - and I can tell you, these guys are brilliant...

Do you know what absolutely and relative terms are for when drawing up a conclusion on rate? If you are quite aware of that you wouldn't be saying all of these.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
How many of those became what they are today as residents of the North?

I'm not arguing where they live now - but where they grew up, and what influenced what they do.. Everyone is a product of their environment, and your childhood plays an important role in the type of person you become... If they were not "exposed" in the North, as you guys always want everyone to believe - how come they were able to know about hiphop, and that lifestyle?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

I'm not arguing where they live now - but where they grew up, and what influenced what they do.. Everyone is a product of their environment, and your childhood plays an important role in the type of person you become... If they were not "exposed" in the North, as you guys always want everyone to believe - how come they were able to know about hiphop, and that lifestyle?
I know some hiphopppppp . . . !!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:47am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Sure, it doesn't! I have my evidences more or less reasons and I am entitled to them.

Commonsense tells you that the fact that the last census puts the SE as the least populated, yet they have the highest literacy rate means that it cannot come from a small fraction of the already small population. In all of my sojourn abroad, I have met by far more Igbo males studying than I have met Igbo females. Still, I cannot claim more SE males go to school than females on that basis alone. I did not notice any population difference in Nigeria because there was simply none between the SE male and female students.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Do you know what absolutely and relative terms are for which drawing up a conclusion on rate? If you are quite aware of that you wouldn't be saying all of these.

What are you on about?? If they so backward and uncivilized like you guys always want people to believe - how come they have ruled Nigeria - either directly, or indirectly since independence Bare in mind, the South is more populated than them..

Maybe, you need read about their history, and why Islamic education is part of their way of life...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:49am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

It depends where in the North they lived. I wager that they lived in places like Jos, etc which is different than the typical Islamic North. I agree that people tend to lump all Northerners together, but the minority Northerners too have not helped matters per extricating themselves from the grip of the loathed ones, if any.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Commonsense tells you that the fact that the last census puts the SE as the least populated, yet they have the highest literacy rate means that it cannot come from a small fraction of the already small population. In all of my sojourn abroad, I have met by far more Igbo males studying than I have met Igbo females. Still, I cannot claim more SE males go to school than females on that basis alone. I did not notice any population difference in Nigeria because there was simply none between the SE male and female students.
You are becoming more assertive, clueless than expected. Take a closer look at your points of argument,dude!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:51am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

What are you on about?? If they so backward and uncivilized like you guys always want people to believe - how come they have ruled Nigeria - either directly, or indirectly since independence Bare in mind, the South is more populated than them..

Maybe, you need read about their history, and why Islamic education is part of their way of life...

The census did not say so. It says otherwise. And the word is not bare, it is bear. grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:53am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: You are becoming more assertive, clueless than expected. Take a closer look at your points of argument,dude!

You are daft, if you did not see this in the same statement you quoted.
Still, I cannot claim more SE males go to school than females on that basis alone.

What am I doing conversing with an ignorant oaf?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
It depends where in the North they lived. I wager that they lived in places like Jos, etc which is different than the typical Islamic North. I agree that people tend to lump all Northerners together, but the minority Northerners too have not helped matters per extricating themselves from the grip of the loathed ones, if any.

I've never lived in the North - but all the Northerners I've met are from core Northern states like: Bauchi, Kano, Sokoto etc..

Stop underestimating these people - they teach them how to be handlers of power from birth.. They're brilliant, savvy, and intelligent people - and also very calm and quiet...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
The census did not say so. It says otherwise. And the word is not bare, it is bear. grin grin grin

My bad, typo.

What census are you talking about?? The population of the whole South is more than the North.. FACT!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:57am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

I've never lived in the North - but all the Northerners I've met are from core Northern states like: Bauchi, Kano, Sokoto etc..

Stop underestimating these people - they teach them how to be handlers of power from birth.. They're brilliant, savvy, and intelligent people - and also very calm and quiet...

We are talking of hip hop guys, remember? Yeah! They have ruled the country since eon and we have seen where the country is today. We have seen how healthy, educated, financially empowered the average northerner is today. That is how you measure savviness, intelligence and brilliance. Give me a break.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

You are daft, if you did not see this in the same statement you quoted.

What am I doing conversing with an ignorant oaf?
That is laughable though. If we are to go by population censors then, it is quite clear the Ibo are the most mobile by demography. Calling me a name is not an excuse just that you failed to convince me of your assertions with no binding evidences. Sorry, you are completely wrong about the rate of male literacy of the SE.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:58am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

My bad, typo.

What census are you talking about?? The population of the whole South is more than the North.. FACT!

And you know that how? With muslims giving birth to tons of children, I would not think so.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 2:59am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: That is laughable though. If we are to go by population censors then, it is quite clear the Ibo are the most mobile by demography. Calling me a name is not an excuse just that you failed to convince me of your assertions with no binding evidences. Sorry, you are completely wrong about the rate of male literacy of the SE.

The onus is on you to prove me wrong. And, need I remind you that you called me names first, you i.d.i.o.t.

You are becoming more assertive, [b]clueless [/b]than expected. Take a closer look at your points of argument,dude!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

The onus is on you to prove me wrong. You called me names first, you idiot.

You are taking the word clueless out of context. If that's what calling you name stands for then you failed at an attempt to exonerate yourself of your failure to convince me of your assertions.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
We are talking of hip hop guys, remember? Yeah! They have ruled the country since eon and we have seen where the country is today. We have seen how healthy, educated, financially empowered the average northerner is today. That is how you measure savviness, intelligence and brilliance. Give me a break.

I'm not talking about the way the rule - I'm talking about how they keep manipulating the system in their favour.. If that's not savviness, intelligence, and brilliance - I don't know what it is.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
And you know that how? With muslims giving birth to tons of children, I would not think so.

The same can be said of some Yorubas - and I know Igbos give birth to loads of children as well...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 3:04am On Apr 30, 2012
jason123:

Omo, Igbo women sabi book. The guys too dey try but generally (according to my little experience) they are not has "hot" as SS, Yorubas or Northerners. Northerners are not into books but an abstract stat of 1 in every 100000 is a genius! When you meet a smart Northerner, you'll know say them too smart.

But, this is based on my experience. According to stats, the SE and Rivers state have the highest percentage literacy (apart from Lagos and the mystical Ekiti).

On the bolded, I guess we send our girls to school and have our boys take turns in digging holes lol! I'm of the impression that for some personal reasons you think low of Igbo males. Let me put it this way - I'm from Imo state and to the best of my knowledge it'll be almost impossible to find an Imolite between the age of 12 and 30-40 who cant write simple english. Mind you, I said "write," I didnt say "degree." I dont know how many of our boys have degrees but if I recall vividly, our boys always did better than girls in secondary school and about 60-70% went to uni afterwards ( I went to a village secondary school for your info). Of the number that went to uni, a huge chunk majored in sciences and engineering.

However, I would say that its pointless comparing who is out-educating who in Nigeria because with all our degrees and diplomas what do we have to show for it? Boko Haram, 419, porvety, etc. Big shame.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:04am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: You are taking the word clueless out of context. If that's what calling you name stands for then you failed at an attempt to exonerate yourself of your failure to convince me of your assertions.

I do not need to convince you of anything as you are inconsequential to anything that goes on in the SE. If you feel you need more convincing, you will be better served going down there to assess things yourself. You will be too simplistic and ignorant to expect me to satisfy you from cyberspace.

BTW, other Igbo males here have also debunked your claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.