Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (88972 Views)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Are Yorubas Truly The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:08am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

The same can be said of some Yorubas - and I know Igbos give birth to loads of children as well...

Igbo population may actually be dwindling because people marry only one wives these days and most modern Igbos I know give birth to no more than 3-4 kids (mostly three). At some point, a Senator from Ebonyi said Igbos should begin to populate again. That article was posted here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/333388/imagine-this-senator-laments-low
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:09am On Apr 30, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

On the bolded, I guess we send our girls to school and have our boys take turns in digging holes lol! I'm of the impression that for some personal reasons you think low of Igbo males. Let me put it this way - I'm from Imo state and to the best of my knowledge it'll be almost impossible to find an Imolite between the age of 12 and 30-40 who cant write simple english. Mind you, I said "write," I didnt say "degree." I dont know how many of our boys have degrees but if I recall vividly, our boys always did better than girls in secondary school and about 60-70% went to uni afterwards ( I went to a village secondary school for your info). Of the number that went to uni, a huge chunk majored in sciences and engineering.

However, I would say that its pointless comparing who is out-educating who in Nigeria because with all our degrees and diplomas what do we have to show for it? Boko Haram, 419, porvety, etc. Big shame.

That, my friend, is the crux of the matter. Thank you.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Igbo population may actually be dwindling because people marry only one wives these days and most modern Igbos I know give birth to no more than 3-4 kids (mostly three). At some point, a Senator from Ebonyi said Igbos should begin to populate again. That article was posted here on Nairaland.

Igbos don't give birth to three children - the average is five for most Igbos.. I have seen Igbo families with 8kids. lipsrsealed
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:11am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Igbos don't give birth to three children - the average is five for most Igbos.. I have seen Igbo families with 8kids. lipsrsealed

https://www.nairaland.com/333388/imagine-this-senator-laments-low

And the average for northerners is 8 and Yorubas 7, yes? Of true, the average Igbo birth rate for most modern Igbos is 3. I know this.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

I do not need to convince you of anything as you are inconsequential to anything that goes on in the SE. If you feel you need more convincing, you will be better served going down there to assess things yourself. You will be too simplistic and ignorant to expect me to satisfy you from cyberspace.

BTW, other Igbo males here have also debunked your claims.
I would have loved to, only that I have been to the country thrice or thereabout .

To state the obvious you have not explained to me on the demographic mobility of the Ibo people concerning your population censors claim.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:15am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: I would have loved to, only that I have been to the country thrice or thereabout .

To state the obvious you have not explained to me on the demographic mobility of the Ibo people concerning your population censors claim.

Census in Nigeria is based on state of residence not ethnicity. Thus Igbos outside the SE are not counted as SEners. Yet the literacy data is based on region (SE, SW, SS, etc), whereby the SE comes out tops. Again commonsense reasoning.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 3:22am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

I've never lived in the North - but all the Northerners I've met are from core Northern states like: Bauchi, Kano, Sokoto etc..

Stop underestimating these people - they teach them how to be handlers of power from birth.. They're brilliant, savvy, and intelligent people - and also very calm and quiet...

Dont you think in the light of what is currently happening in Nigeria they should fire their power-handling instructors?

Nigeria has become more difficult, and if I may - dangerous, to lead. Its still too easy to exploit but not lead and if my instinct is right then core north is in for a long and bumpy ride politics-wise. All groups in Nigeria have become more assertive and demanding. It used to be Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba, but now every group is swinging with AK47 and RPGs. So, my brother, politics in Nigeria now is a free for all slug-fest, no more king-maker ethnic group anymore - meaning that core north will have to negotiate to get power. Those dark days of imposition and invisibilty through the military is gone for good. Like I said, it looks like they might have to fire their political instructors and relearn the political terrain.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Census in Nigeria is based on state of residence not ethnicity. Thus Igbos outside the SE are not counted as SEners. Yet the literacy data is based on region (SE, SW, SS, etc), whereby the SE comes out tops. Again commonsense reasoning.
Why do you always state the obvious? Do you even read your comments before posting some of them?

On one hand, you state that the population of SE is lower when compares to the other regions.On the other hand, Ibo are the most likely to move from one part to the other within the country. Largely those migrating are in the class of the traders and not having the basic education. All I am saying is that the Ibo people or rather population is absolutely more than you ascertained due to this migration pattern/ approach.

You are really assertive with this one though.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by bashr8: 3:31am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Why do you always state the obvious? Do you even read your comments before posting some of them?

On one hand, you state that the population of SE is lower when compares to the other regions.On the other hand, Ibo are the most likely to move from one part to the other within the country. Largely those migrating are in the class of the traders and not having the basic education. All I am saying is that the Ibo people or rather population is absolutely more than you ascertained due to this migration pattern/ approach.

ode, i guesss its only igbos that migrate ,may i ask you what yoruba people are doing all over the north ,southeast an south south ,same with edos, urobos ,fulanis etc this is 2012 there should be no room for stupidity anymore, just because igbos are the most likely to succeed wherever they go does not mean they migrate more than others
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:31am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: Why do you always state the obvious? Do you even read your comments before posting some of them?

Can you comprehend? Not every data emanating from the SE does not include SEners not resident in the SE. For example, JAMB data is based on state of origin regardless of where you reside. And no, those who migrate include students, traders, and graduates looking for white collar jobs which I agree is more abundant in Lagos (former capital of Nigeria) and other non Igbo areas such as Port Harcourt and Abuja. Many of the students and academicians in schools outside the SE are Igbos. Yes, the overall population of Igbos is not trivial but that of the SE is, compared to other areas. Again, you are deluded in believing that all traders lack basic education, even after I and others have explained this to you.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 30, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
Dont you think in the light of what is currently happening in Nigeria they should fire their power-handling instructors?

Nigeria has become more difficult, and if I may - dangerous, to lead. Its still too easy to exploit but not lead and if my instinct is right then core north is in for a long and bumpy ride politics-wise. All groups in Nigeria have become more assertive and demanding. It used to be Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba, but now every group is swinging with AK47 and RPGs. So, my brother, politics in Nigeria now is a free for all slug-fest, no more king-maker ethnic group anymore - meaning that core north will have to negotiate to get power, days of imposition and invisibilty through the military is gone for good. Like I said, it looks like they might have to fire their political instructors and relearn the political terrain.

But you can't argue that they haven't been in control since independence... Obasanjo was the one who rocked their boat, and that's why he's the most hated guy in the North.... We all need to keep our fingers crossed, and see what happens in 2015.. Northerners don't make too much noise, they strategize, and I know they will shock everyone come 2015...

You saw how Yar Adua was able to placate MEND - with the so-called "amnesty", huh?? Northerners are savvy when it comes to the Nigerian chess game... They know how to manipulate the Southerners - to their own advantage.. They know Southerners are lousy folks, and we're also divided - and they will play their game through that division..

The only people that can match them in political savviness in the South are Yorubas (I'm not saying this because I'm Yorubas, but it's the truth) - and they would use Igbos as bait - come 2015...

Northern president and Igbo vice president = joker for 2015. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

But you can't argue that they haven't been in control since independence... Obasanjo was the one who rocked their boat, and that's why he's the most hated guy in the North.... We all need to keep our fingers crossed, and see what happens in 2015.. Northerners don't make too much noise, they strategize, and I know they will shock everyone come 2015...

You saw how Yar Adua was able to placate MEND - with the so-called "amnesty", huh?? Northerners are savvy when it comes to the Nigerian chess game... They know how to manipulate the Southerners - to their own advantage.. They know Southerners are lousy folks, and we're also divided - and they will play their game through that division..

The only people that can match them in political savviness in the South are Yorubas (I'm not saying this because I'm Yorubas, but it's the truth) - and they would use Igbos as bait - come 2015...

It is not how long (far), but how well. Thus far, their intelligence has led them to nowhere as they lad behind the south in every imaginable indices.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2012
bashr8: ode, i guesss its only igbos that migrate ,may i ask you what yoruba people are doing all over the north ,southeast an south south ,same with edos, urobos ,fulanis etc this is 2012 there should be no room for stupidity anymore, just because igbos are the most likely to succeed wherever they go does not mean they migrate more than others
Sorry! I don't understand your response very well. Can you explain better?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
It is not how long (far), but how well. Thus far, their intelligence has led them to nowhere as they lad behind the south in every imaginable indices.

What indices? How can they lag behind in indices they don't believe in?? They prefer their almajiri islamic form of education - to the western form of education... Almost all Northern elites send their wards to Islamic schools - even your CBN governor is a product of an Islamic school... That's their way of life - you can't change that...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:

Can you comprehend? Not every data emanating from the SE does not include SEners not resident in the SE. For example, JAMB data is based on state of origin regardless of where you reside. A[b]nd no, those who migrate include students, traders, and graduates looking for white collar jobs which I agree is more abundant in Lagos (former capital of Nigeria)[/b] and other non Igbo areas such as Port Harcourt and Abuja. Many of the students and academicians in schools outside the SE are Igbos. Yes, the overall population of Igbos is not trivial but that of the SE is, compared to other areas. Again, you are deluded in believing that all traders lack basic education, even after I and others have explained this to you.
I give up! Those reading your comments would definitely find something uncalled for in them.

Nice having some responses from you.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:39am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

What indices? How can they lag behind in indices they don't believe in?? They prefer their almajiri islamic form of education - to the western form of education... Almost all Northern elites send their wards to Islamic schools - even your CBN governor is a product of an Islamic school... That's their way of life - you can't change that...

You judge intelligence or brilliance or savviness by the outcome of it. What is the outcome in this case?

BTW, the highlighted stuff is a big lie. Those guys have their kids in schools abroad. I have one of them here with me. The failed suicide pant bomber schooled in the UK.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2012
all4naija: I give up! Those reading your comments would definitely find something uncalled for in them.

Nice having some responses from you.

Broaden your perspective. You need it. Thanks.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
You judge intelligence or brilliance or savviness by the outcome of it. What is the outcome in this case?
BTW, the highlight stuff is a big lie. Those guys have their kids in schools abroad. I have one of them here with me. The failed suicide pant bomber schooled in the UK.

The outcome is that they have been able to manipulate the whole country in their favour - since independence.. They won 70% of Nigeria's wealth (oil blocks). grin

Yeah, they school in the UK and US - but they still go through their normal Islamic educational system... I live in the UK, and all the Northerners I know - did short courses in one Islamic school, or the other in Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc.. Even pant bomber attended an Islamic school, before moving to the UK.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:52am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

The outcome is that they have been able to manipulate the whole country in their favour - since independence.. They won 70% of Nigeria's wealth (oil blocks). grin

Yeah, they school in the UK and US - but they still go through their normal Islamic educational system... I live in the UK, and all the Northerners I know - did short courses in one Islamic school, or the other in Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc.. Even pant bomber attended an Islamic school, before moving to the UK.

They (their elites) may be holding more oil blocks for themselves, but what is the fate of the entire/average northern population compared to their southern counterparts? BTW, oil is a fleeting resource but the education that they have deprived their people will forever stare them in the face.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
They (their elites) may be holding more oil blocks for themselves, but what is the fate of the entire/average northern population compared to their southern counterpart?

That's subjective - depending on what you're talking about... The average Southern is not better off - the truth is that poverty relative to all the regions in Nigeria...
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 3:59am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

That's subjective - depending on what you're talking about... The average Southern is not better off - the truth is that poverty relative to all the regions in Nigeria...

Everybody except you think otherwise. Even the U.S govt have voiced on the level of poverty in the North in relation to BH. Northern leaders have also acknowledged it. Stop arguing for the sake of it.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Everbody except you think otherwise. Even the U.S govt have voiced on the level of poverty in the North in relation to BH. Northern leaders have also acknowledged it. Stop arguing for the sake of it.

Every region in Nigeria is poor!!! Just because Southerners are not blowing shyte up, don't mean they're not poor... Poverty is everywhere in Nigeria!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:07am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Every region in Nigeria is poor!!! Just because Southerners are not blowing shyte up, don't mean they're not poor... Poverty is everywhere in Nigeria!!!

So how Savvy is the North when OBJ and now ''small'' Jonathan schemed them out to the extent that they are having to resort to bombing, rather than savviness, brilliance and intelligence to try to reclaim power? I laugh in mongolia
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by MRADOLUDEHINWA(m): 4:10am On Apr 30, 2012
Ondo state, cos the best waec student in the whole west africa came from the state, for the very first time. God bless Ondo state and Ilaje l.g.a.
ConcernMan: Some States have in terms of education gone very farther than others. Presently statistics have shown that these underlisted States are one of the most educationally advantaged States in Nigeria.
Imo
Delta
Anambra
Osun
Oyo
Ogun
Etc
So guys what do you think.Or which one outside the above listed States do you think is the highest?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
So how Savvy is the North when OBJ and now ''small'' Jonathan schemed them out to the extent that they are having to resort to bombing, rather than savviness, brilliance and intelligence to try to reclaim power? I laugh in mongolia

You guys give GEJ and Ijaw people too much credit... OBJ was chosen by them, and he was the one who rocked the boat - and installed GEJ there... He was able to do that because he studied them for a long time. Don't forget OBJ used to be their boy - and he used their game against them.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2012
MR A.D OLUDEHINWA:
Ondo state, cos the best waec student in the whole west africa came from the state, for the very first time. God bless Ondo state and Ilaje l.g.a.

So one single individual makes up for the entire state. Hhahah! BTW that best WAEC claim has been debunked https://www.nairaland.com/925660/waec-debunks-best-student-claim
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:15am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

You guys give GEJ and Ijaw people too much credit... OBJ was chosen by them, and he was the one who rocked the boat - and installed GEJ there... He was able to do that because he studied them for a long time. Don't forget OBJ used to be their boy - and he used their game against them.

Jonathan put himself there in the very last election. He out-manipulated the North and the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 30, 2012
Adejoro74:
Jonathan put himself there in the very last election. He out-manipulated the North and the rest of Nigeria.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

OBJ put him there.. How do you think he was able to win the PDP primaries, against the heavyweights from the North, huh??

Keep living in fool's paradise.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Adejoro74: 4:19am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

Bwahahahahaha!!!

OBJ put him there.. How do you think he was able to win the PDP primaries, against the heavyweights from the North, huh??

Keep living in fool's paradise.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bullshit!!! He was the sitting president before the election and as we know he won (read rigged) the entire south and many northern states. He out-rigged Buhari and the other guys. Even Tinubu bowed for him, no?
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Akby(m): 4:20am On Apr 30, 2012
Statistics my foot!!! This is reality and not a matter of who register for jamb and all that. For your information, less that 1% of the total population of Nigeria register for jamb every year so u cant judge a nation using a 1% statistics. From the days of the colonial masters and trends downward, u can't take it away from Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. Take a teenage from all the states of the federation and put them to test, u will see dat one of the state indigiene would come first cos the foundation as already been laid before the inception of this failed 6-3-3-4 educational system!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by SamIkenna: 4:22am On Apr 30, 2012
shymmex:

I see your point but I think you're giving a little bit too much life to their assumed political "savviness." The truth is - in Africa, he who has the bigger gun cuts the cake, in fact he owns the cake irrespective of where the ingredients are found and mixed. The north, I agree were good political gamers, but you also have to know that what helped cement the north in power was the absence of the East in the political calculus of this nation during and after the civil war. The fear of Igbo domination was exactly what the north needed and it worked for awhile time. Today the reality is different 'cause that myth has been way watered down and the East that played dumb just to survive after the war is no longer interested in second fiddle anymore, they also want the cake as bad as north wants it.

If you get my drift, I'm implying that the political success of core north hinged on the continual absence of the East, Igbo domination myth, and Eastern mutual hate and distrust without which the political terain will be Igbo vs Hausa vs Yoruba. Given that those walls of mutual distrust and domination myths in the East are crashing, is it any wonder why we're seeing a huge shake-up in our body polity? I'm not taking anything from Yoruba's mastery of Nigerian politics but I think you probably 4got that in the early 60s it was Igbos that were ascribed with that doggedness and savviness quality before West and North tag-teamed on the East. The point I'm making is that no one is super-wise and savvy, its more like a roller-coaster thing. Today, the Ijaw man is the boss, tomorrow could be Berom or Ibibio man.
Re: Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 30, 2012
You guys don't understand Nigerian politics - yet you live there smh.. You lot need to study your country..

This is how the Nigerian political chess game is:

Northern oligarchy = Kingmakers.

Yorubas = Power brokers.

Igbos/MB/SS = Tag along

I'm out, yo...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 / Who’s Who Of Freemasonry In Nigeria(dead And Alive) / Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.