Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172747 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2012
Baba Ijebu,hmmmmm.Funny but a sincere truth
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mannet(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
it's really great to see Nigerians trying to really adhere to strict instructions,u all know the consequence if u don't adhere...lolz
well i just need to ask @temmytanny,@adesoji,@brightmon some salient questions;

1. Which browser did u use to applied during ur time?tell us exactly when u applied(from start date of registration).
2. I used a white background i.e a white wall in my house to take my passport,the wall had a small hole somewhere which is might or might no be very obvious,could this affect me in anyway during the selection? though all other conditions were met
3. some of my friends used a white wall which was a bit coarse,could this also affect them in anyway during the selection? all other conditions were met also.
4. @ Temmytanny,from what i gathered on some immigration forum; u must have a continuous stay in US for 5 years to get ur Citizenship and u mustn't leave outside of US for more than 6 months from the day u receive ur GC and u always have to apply for a re-entry permit if u live outside the US for upto 6 months to retain ur GC status....my questions is this for example if u have a good job in Naija and u still hope to retain ur GC status how do u go about it pending when u get a good job in US?.
5. How long do u have to stay in Naija after u get ur DV visa before u go to the US.

Thank u all for ur kind,sincere and quick response to my questions above...God bless u all.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
mannet: it's really great to see Nigerians trying to really adhere to strict instructions,u all know the consequence if u don't adhere...lolz

1. Which browser did u use to applied during ur time?tell us exactly when u applied(from start date of registration).
2. I used a white background i.e a white wall in my house to take my passport,the wall had a small hole somewhere which is might or might no be very obvious,could this affect me in anyway during the selection? though all other conditions were met
3. some of my friends used a white wall which was a bit coarse,could this also affect them in anyway during the selection? all other conditions were met also.
4. @ Temmytanny,from what i gathered on some immigration forum; u must have a continuous stay in US for 5 years to get ur Citizenship and u mustn't leave outside of US for more than 6 months from the day u receive ur GC and u always have to apply for a re-entry permit if u live outside the US for upto 6 months to retain ur GC status....my questions is this for example if u have a good job in Naija and u still hope to retain ur GC status how do u go about it pending when u get a good job in US?.
5. How long do u have to stay in Naija after u get ur DV visa before u go to the US.

Thank u all for ur kind,sincere and quick response to my questions above...God bless u all.
On 5. What they will give you is 6months visa it is always good to travel latest by the fourth month because when you get there it will take close to month to process SSN and one other thing like that can't remember the name now
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2012
mannet: it's really great to see Nigerians trying to really adhere to strict instructions,u all know the consequence if u don't adhere...lolz

1: i used internet explorer 7 or 8 cant remember.
2: i dont work at KCC so i cant tell but i will everybody to stick to the rules. I also used the wall of my office as background because it was white.
3: i dont know but i will advice everybody to stick to the rules.
4: addressed to Temmytanny.
5: you will be given a 6 months visa but its adviced you leave b4 ur medicals expire. You may not have a smooth entry at your POE "point of entry"
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:20am On Oct 05, 2012

Just to butress brightmon points:
1)There is no browser specification for dv, I like Mozilla firefox and that was what I used,Naturtalization now starts from 3 years,
4)I know two family who processed their green card and SSC and their husband came back to Nigeria because one is a Doctor and the other guy a dealer, but they make sure they get an apartment in their name as evidence of residing int US after they got thier gc and also comes back every 4 months to US.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 4:42am On Oct 05, 2012

4. @ Temmytanny,from what i gathered on some immigration forum; u must have a continuous stay in US for 5 years to get ur Citizenship and u mustn't leave outside of US for more than 6 months from the day u receive ur GC and u always have to apply for a re-entry permit if u live outside the US for upto 6 months to retain ur GC status....my questions is this for example if u have a good job in Naija and u still hope to retain ur GC status how do u go about it pending when u get a good job in US?

IN this case i doubt if you can eat your cake and have it ooo. What kind of job can u get in naija that can make you travel to USA every 6months? [i]The rules of DV lottery states that your must make USA your residency [/i]If you dont do so,you may not get your citizenship

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by senlu: 5:20am On Oct 05, 2012
Pls Temmytanny,Adesoji,Brightmon & other Dv Winners in the house,tell us
exactly DATE u applied for DV Lottery during the e-DV Lottery registration period (i.e from
start date of registration to the end of the program). Thanks!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 05, 2012
senlu: Pls Temmytanny,Adesoji,Brightmon & other Dv Winners in the house,tell us
exactly DATE u applied for DV Lottery during the e-DV Lottery registration period (i.e from
start date of registration to the end of the program). Thanks!

Selection is claimed to be random....just enter any day.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by mannet(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2012
@Adesoji,@Temmytanny,@Brightmon and everyone that answered my question,i really appreciate your replies,thanks so much and God bless u all.
I hope to join u guyz soon either from the DV2013 redraw or DV2014,By the Special Grace of GOD.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2012
temmytanny:

4. @ Temmytanny,from what i gathered on some immigration forum; u must have a continuous stay in US for 5 years to get ur Citizenship and u mustn't leave outside of US for more than 6 months from the day u receive ur GC and u always have to apply for a re-entry permit if u live outside the US for upto 6 months to retain ur GC status....my questions is this for example if u have a good job in Naija and u still hope to retain ur GC status how do u go about it pending when u get a good job in US?

IN this case i doubt if you can eat your cake and have it ooo. What kind of job can u get in naija that can make you travel to USA every 6months? [i]The rules of DV lottery states that your must make USA your residency [/i]If you dont do so,you may not get your citizenship

Very good explanation wc job in naija will make u travel every 6months,very gud point
Good thing you are doing will always appreciate you coming back to deal with issues like dis

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by dooch(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
i checked the french instruction for the dv lottery. "some university courses" in the french version is "Etudes universitaires". so if u are good in french just do the literal translation and u wld understand the meaning. from wat i knw is "studying in the university". wld be glad if some one can help wit the translation.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
Just finished the registration. Hope ii get lucky enough to be picked. My whole life now depends this.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
ondo_boi: Just finished the registration. Hope ii get lucky enough to be picked. My whole life now depends this.

ur whole life,really?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
ondo_boi: Just finished the registration. Hope ii get lucky enough to be picked. My whole life now depends this.
Why would you want to put your whole life on visa lottery it is a game of luck na wa ooo then you are on a long thing
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by temmytanny(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
seir405:
Why would you want to put your whole life on visa lottery it is a game of luck na wa ooo then you are on a long thing
people shouldnt take it as do or die affair. After over 10 attempts, i won it when i least expected it.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
temmytanny: people shouldnt take it as do or die affair. After over 10 attempts, i won it when i least expected it.
I wonder ohhh, i have been apping for DV lottery since God knows when. 15 good years b4 i got lucky but some are that lucky at the 1st attempt. So goodluck my pipul.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
temmytanny: people shouldnt take it as do or die affair. After over 10 attempts, i won it when i least expected it.
Abi ooo not a do or die affair. It is just sometin you shld do along side. If it works fine if it dose not fine as well
GOD help all of us, those dat got there thru lottery,those who have won,played and yet to play.
We sha all get there someday weather thru lottery or not
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
brightmon:
I wonder ohhh, i have been apping for DV lottery since God knows when. 15 good years b4 i got lucky but some are that lucky at the 1st attempt. So goodluck my pipul.
People should be calm and learn from dis IMAGINE 15years if you don't get it 2day another day is there
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
seir405:
People should be calm and learn from dis IMAGINE 15years if you don't get it 2day another day is there
since when i was in hy skol, thru my university days and God said its tym now dat u are married with a child.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Josh121(m): 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
what is the passport size please
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Joe980: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Bruv...it will do you real good reading from page one. Size is 2*2 though. 600*600pixels.
Josh121: what is the passport size please

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Defjamb(m): 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
pls sum1 should help me fill, where i am is too local tongue . And i want that some1 to fill it with internet explorer 7 or above.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by dooch(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
just finished wit my registration. my GOD HELP US ALL
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
dooch: just finished wit my registration. my GOD HELP US ALL
Amen
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by 3RNEST(m): 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
i gat tru with my and other customers, with the help of photoshine for rezising the foto to dv size, i pray we all win this time around..well may God tk control.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by sirdems: 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
anyone in d house, please for those of us that won 2013 lottery, n send the two form as the first step, please when can we be expecting the reply so that we can step up to the next step
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Defjamb(m): 12:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Defjamb: pls sum1 should help me fill, where i am is too local tongue . And i want that some1 to fill it with internet explorer 7 or above.

Pls now sumborri sad
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2012
Baba Ijebu is a 50:50 chance O,am not casting all my hope on it too o.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by livewire1: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2012
Just passing by. A lot well said.but I still wondered why its difficult for somepeople in here to read the post from the beginning as most questions asked have been treated indepth way back from the earlier pages.

On the second thought, I am totally speechless to some extreme exceptional cases.its more than a Cambridge exam.
Kudos to the dons in the house who have tried to deal with each question in the most reasonable and legal but simple way.

Goodluck to everyone.!!!
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2012
I Hate 9ja: Baba Ijebu is a 50:50 chance O,am not casting all my hope on it too o.
baba ijebu indeed. Out of the millions that will apply from Nigeria Only abt 3000 DV Lottery will be approved.
So its not 50/50 but 95/5. For the fact that of about millions sp*rm cells are ejaculated only you were able fertilize it then you can make it.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Defjamb(m): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2012
my comfirmation number has more alphabets than letters. Hope i get selected, yay! i.e 20141 the rest alphabets.

p.s: i filled it myself, was in luck smiley
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Easye83(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
I jus filled mine.hp im selected

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.