Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen (14859 Views)

My New Girlfriend, She Slapped Me During Her Period / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / Man Buys 99 Iphones To Propose To His Girlfriend; She Says No (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by okooyinbo(m): 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2007
Grow Fast:

I must confess I do not know the legal age of marriage in Nigeria however, as i can see from your profile; your edo customary law does permit you marrying the girl. Yet on the other hand, the international convention on child abuse to which Nigeria btw is a signatory would judge your action as paedophilic and you would have ended up in jail if laws were to be implemented in Nigeria as in other half way successful states of the world.

Its a pity that most people on this forum have taken the matter too emotional. But dont blame them cuz what they are saying is damned right. You have committed an offence punishable under nigerian and international law. You should be very happy and count yourself lucky that the parent of the girl have not sued you.

My Advice to you is: Do what the parent ask you to do and wait until the girl turns 16, else I might be forced to report your case to interpol here in Germany where child abuse is a serious matter!!! Dont ever irred we cant get you, you are not invisible on the internet.

God bless all concerned individual.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by okooyinbo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
@mababe (f)
The issue here is not to apportioned the blame on the guy alone,it takes two to tangle u knw,the girl should be blamed too,because shes so immature and should not be thinking of an affair at that age of hers. I don't knw what the world is turning into![/quot

Mababe, are you really serious about the statement above? I live in Germany and if this case - which definitely is a criminal case even according to nigerian federal laws - comes to court, no one is gonna blame the girl because she is a minor. Heard, a minor! It is the duty of an adult to put the irring minor in the right way and not in the bed way. Would you blame your daughter of 14 if she slept (freely or unfreely) with a man of 30 years of age? I as a parent would see to it that the guy goes to the gaol. Nigeria is a country of lawlessness. Even the police and the justice must be told before they embark on their constitutional duties. However, if it were bribe collection and to harass harmless individual, nobody needs to tell them to do the neccessary things.

Me say: Things really got to change in that yet dammned country.

PS: Please stop putting blame or pouring abuse on the parents of the girl because they might not even know their constitutional right. I wont be raining abuse on that guy either because he apparently does not know that his action or inaction is under nigerian and international a punishable crime. I commend him nevertheless that he has even comes out openly. Now he knows that his action is a terrible crime.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by bballchick(f): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2007
i dnt care wot u say man, shes too young y would u wanna marry her dat young , b4 she gets time to enjoy her growing age, jeez wot kind on nonsense is this anywayz, i feel my skin crawling shes only a child leave her to grow up instead of marrying her, SHES ONLY A CHILD FOR F*** SAKE,
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Busta(f): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
@topic,

u're just a pervert!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Finecat(m): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
@Busta

A very Bigggg pervert. His child molesting behind should be in jail and not behind a computer.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2007
@growfast yur such a nuisance wit no head, yu should be locked-up nd cross examined b4 yu go enter market tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by growfast(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2007
Seun did you see how am been insulted here? just for nothing and you dont want to talk about it, am geting turn off with this whole insult ok enuf pls,
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Kajiang02(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2007
Pikin abuse,
young man pls be matured enof to let d gal mature
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by OMUWUNMI: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
you dey wicked o,you deflowered a 14 year old girl and you no get shame to come talk am for nairaland?kai,i fear you o,you wicked pass abacha,obasanjo,mobutu sese seko and idi amin.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 22, 2007
pls pity that girl abeg, she is too young to be committed
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2007
grow fast:

Seun did you see how am been insulted here? just for nothing and you don't want to talk about it, am geting turn off with this whole insult ok enough please,
look @ yu?! seun cant save yu here yu made yur own bed,so yu shuld lie on it tongue as yur head no wan growfast like yur days on earth grin tongue
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Lookahead(m): 2:02am On Dec 28, 2007
Seun did you see how am been insulted here? just for nothing and you don't want to talk about it, am geting turn off with this whole insult ok enough please,

Tell me Mr Grow fast, this is just a wind up, cos it seems u r getting the reation u anticipate, you just want to know
how someone will react. Tell me is not true. shocked
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by shawn123: 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2007
hey r kelly she is a child cant you see. you are just looking for someone to put in bondage right,
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by stranger26(f): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2007
swiftycool:

Bros don't mind them jare, if u are a muslim like many on this thread, its aiight
go on and mess up d girls youth
After all it was the life style of the randy yet holy Prophet
who took a 12 year old child as wife. Abi i lie?
somebody swear he didnt lash her! f*#kin PERVERT!
And they now say R kelly is sick, start from Moh,,,,,,, whatevah!
SICK! SICK! SIIICCCKKK!!!

aha!! Mr Swiftycool, what does this have to do with religion?? Did the poster ask you to comment on religious practices or what? Or did the trend of the discussion follow a religious path? You seem to be becoming overly-obsessed with Islam, abi you want to become a muslim? I think you should take it easy o before you develop monomania (in religion, that is), but that's just my advice.

Meanwhile, please refrain from insulting religious figures (whether of your own religion or other's), it's not a mark of a dignified and respectable person.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2007
@stranger26, I honestly feel yu;dat was well said! kiss swiftycool went too fa,yarnin bluhh! i sure him no go fear God sef?!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by ellapie(f): 7:09am On Dec 30, 2007
The truth is dat wat goes around,comes around even better.it can happen to u in another heartbreaking way,maybe someone raping ur 7 yrs daughter or worst thgan dat,it might not be marriage,
secondly,dat girl hasnt seen life at all,am sure shes not in the university,wen she meets up and find out that there r better guys and btter Bleep,she could be cheating and its all ur fault.marriage is maturity and plssssssssssssss look 4 someone matured,its not about making children,its about raising them,wat will she tell the kids and how can she handle marriage issues.Bros, this is typical child abuse.wake up.except you r muslim then u can go on and continue with ur way of life,apart from dat,u r really SHAMELESS
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by theboy0808(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2007
You said you slept with her when she was 14
My guy, that is STATUTORY RAPE
And you are also 15 yrs older than she is, HABA!
What if she's your sister would you allow it?!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
ellapie:

Bros, this is typical child abuse.wake up.except you r muslim then u can go on and continue with your way of life,apart from that,you're really SHAMELESS
ellapie yu guyz shuld be mindful of how yu spit shit @our muslim peops inhere dis aint no religious topic, i no dey o?!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
this topic is old. Give the man a break.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
michelin89:

this topic is old. Give the man a break.
this is as bad as yu demandin for d release of a hardened criminal, as long as he keeps postin he'll continuosly be flogged tongue
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
I don't simply understand why you are making this problem your headache. Instead of screaming left and right, why don't you work harder to enforce the laws against abuse of minors in Nigeria?

All these rantings and naggings are just a waste of time and energy!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by DAMACKFAN(f): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2008
Children don't know that kinda love yet,they only feel infatuation!
you trapped her,seduced her,violated her,you probabely meant no harm but she is still a baby,you always gonna be her Pappa,how can your dick get hard for a child,you stole her innocense,think hard and deep apologize to her if you really love her and then report yourself to the authorities for your arrest!
I feel so sick inside picturing you poking this girl, man.
The answer is too obvious you can't be with her,let alone marrying her!!!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2008
@DA-MACKFAN  well said maam! cool cool cool unlike michellin89 who's go a conflicting idea bout dah whole mess! tongue she repeatedly sounds like a 1ce upon a time victim  lipsrsealed  undecided wink
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by DAMACKFAN(f): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2008
@DA-MACKFAN  well said maam! unlike michellin89 who's go a conflicting idea bout dah whole mess! she repeatedly sounds like a 1ce upon a time victim   
------------------------
Thank you but actually now that you mention victim,I almost forgot I
was a victim myself,I was 15 the dude in question was in his early 20's but still!
He mistreated me cuz he could!!!
Insult me lock me up and beat the crap outta me 4unknown reasons.
He got me pregnant at 17.
While I was a goodgirl,straight A student with no interest in boys yet,I was never a dumb chick but because his age he had some power over me,I fellt forced to be with him,later even feared my life,my parents couldnt help cuz they didnt know.
I never loved him 1day but he was my 'boyfriend'freaking psyco.
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
Heya! got that ma'am! som boys shuld be really delt wit, *** bt it's gud to kno yu got over it wink nd d pheadophile[boy];where is he
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by sleekdot(m): 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ topic
You must be a MAD MAN
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by tkb417(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2008
@poster
Were buruku
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by stag: 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
have u married her now? marry her ooo.u hear? just marry her before she gets older. when her immature behaviours start fucking with ur brain and ruining ur marriage we will be here long live nairaland for futher deliberations and subsequent advice. embarassed
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2008
naijaborn:

@DA-MACKFAN well said maam! cool cool cool unlike michellin89 who's go a conflicting idea bout dah whole mess! tongue she repeatedly sounds like a 1ce upon a time victim lipsrsealed undecided wink

Just because I stated that you all are just wasting your time, I am sounding like a victim? Are you a psychologist? Or maybe you are a native doctor? Or maybe you have been stalking me? Whatever.

Say whatever you like but I still maintain my opinion. Get your ass to change the system and not just your mouth (In this case fingers) to complain!
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by chidipupay(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2008
I am sure if the stupid guy catches among boy of 17 on his 15 year old sister he will beat the day light out of both of them. Honestly i fill like dealing with this guy. This is insult of the highest order to HUMANITY,MANHOOD and WOMANHOOD. it is childabuse.I pray that a man of 35 will sleep with your daughter or 13 and you know how it feels. when u went indoor started sleeping with a 14years old girl. I am sure you will be staying in face me i face you house because that is the only way you would have tricked the girl with 500naira and biscuit. And now you are telling me you love her and you want to marry her. you are a big MUMU,
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by naijaborn(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
michelin89:

Just because I stated that you all are just wasting your time, I am sounding like a victim? Are you a psychologist? Or maybe you are a native doctor? Or maybe you have been stalking me? Whatever.

Say whatever you like but I still maintain my opinion. Get your ass to change the system and not just your mouth (In this case fingers) to complain!

Easy! easy!! n easy!!! i jst didnt label yu V out of instinct; incase yu dont kno,i be magician n my magic blind says yu'r, ***,

that's that! n about d "Get your ass to change the system and not just your mouth shitt!" do yu read to understand at all abi who's complaining n to who i guess yur talkin to yurself cos yur doin exactly wot yur tryn 2correct tongue no hard feelings maambt seriously;yu shuld be mindful of wot yu spit cool
Re: Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2008
naijaborn:

Easy! easy!! n easy!!! i jst didnt label yu V out of instinct; incase yu don't kno,i be magician n my magic blind says yu'r, ***,

that's that! n about d "Get your ass to change the system and not just your mouth shitt!" do yu read to understand at all abi who's complaining n to who i guess yur talkin to yurself because yur doin exactly wot yur tryn 2correct tongue no hard feelings maambt seriously;yu shuld be mindful of wot yu spit cool

Whatever!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... / . / If You Can Watch This Without Reaching Out For Your Vaseline, You're Strong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.