Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785053 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2012
iri na asato

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2012
iri na itenani

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:30am On Jul 03, 2012
ogu

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:30am On Jul 03, 2012
ogu na otu

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:31am On Jul 03, 2012
ogu na abua

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:34am On Jul 03, 2012
Enugu people dey chop money my brother grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 4:52am On Jul 03, 2012
Enugu is such a fine state. No wonder i've refused to leave after my first contact with it.
Them for try if to say one of the sons of the land buy me off the shelf. Them mumu for that angle sha.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: Enugu campus of University of Nigeria, great lions and lionesses!

wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2012
I will face my camera towards Achara layout, Uwani and Zik's Avenue, Awkunanaw, coal camp etc. I pray I will have the chance today.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2012
How many people here have tasted the very special Enugu delicacy called "Okpa" ? This is a type of beans mixed and wrapped in banana leaves, then cooked till perfection. We are exporting Okpa to all parts of the east and beyond. (Searching for an okpa seller) very appetizing. Pictures later.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by billante(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2012
Pls Moderator this fantastic thread should be moved to the front page! I nominate this thread for the thread of the year!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: How many people here have tasted the very special Enugu delicacy called "Okpa" ? This is a type of beans mixed and wrapped in banana leaves, then cooked till perfection. We are exporting Okpa to all parts of the east and beyond. (Searching for an okpa seller) very appetizing. Pictures later.

LMAO. This stuff makes me sleepy. I hate it
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2012
A week without Okpa will just land me in a hospital.
I have a particular woman that supplies me on selected days. grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: How many people here have tasted the very special Enugu delicacy called "Okpa" ? This is a type of beans mixed and wrapped in banana leaves, then cooked till perfection. We are exporting Okpa to all parts of the east and beyond. (Searching for an okpa seller) very appetizing. Pictures later.
For the past few years, Okpa has become popular outside Enugu. It's sold in every major city in Nigeria

Odunnu: Enugu is such a fine state. No wonder i've refused to leave after my first contact with it.
Them for try if to say one of the sons of the land buy me off the shelf. Them mumu for that angle sha.
What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2012
The pictures posted thus far are very nice. What Enugu needs is more and more packing and then advertisement.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2012
J12:

LMAO. This stuff makes me sleepy. I hate it

On a day I am less busy and want to rest in the morning hours, I get some akamu and use okpa to couple it. Na 4 hours sleep be that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PointB: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2012
Wow! Enugu is breath-taking.

Thank you Spyder88 for the wonderful job.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2012
I wish to be governor of Enugu state in the future, but I am not willing to divorce my wife grin. Of course its on record that all the 3 past past Governors of this state threw their wives out before they made the feat.

Jim divorced his wife, Onoh sent his wife packing (I think it was the Bianca-Ojukwu issue that caused that) and Sullivan was a divorcee before he went to the government house. He just remaried while on the seat.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2012
Nnamani?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: I will face my camera towards Achara layout, Uwani and Zik's Avenue, Awkunanaw, coal camp etc. I pray I will have the chance today.

Also see if you can get more pics of old GRA. I hope the place still has that leafy look like i remember it to be. I know we Nigerians are not that good in maintaining our wooded areas.

Cheers
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2krrOJ3Yfw

A drive through Enugu.

I love the song playing- it's the origin of Igbo gospel music.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2012
Finally!!!! FINALLY

Chei the first thread about a Nigerian city that is actually the reality of the city; not some hand picked, nit-picked, all perfect pictures to give illusion of perfection and so far from the reality as it can get.

OP Thank you for including the slums, thank you for showing both the good and the bad of Enugu State. Thank you for providing the right description of the city.

In this way, tourist would not see something completely different from what's giving to them on this forum or any other forum upon arriving the city.

Finally a reality.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by coolzeal(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2012

Wow!!! I love Okpa and especially with custard hehe... Am missing Naija ooooh..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2012

Okpa is an enugu state creation? No wonder they perfected it. I've eaten Okpa from other communities but Enugu own na angel food.

Abacha is it also Enugu state creation?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:

Okpa is an enugu state creation? No wonder they perfected it. I've eaten Okpa from other communities is but Enugu own na angel food.

Is Abacha also Enugu state creation?
Abacha also originated from Enugu and it's environs.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Abacha also originated from Enugu and it's environs.

No wonder. There own better pass others.

How about Nsala? Enugu creation?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:

How about Nsala? Enugu creation?
Ofe nsala is indigenous to Enugu just as it is in other Igbo communities even up to cross river state where it's called white shoup.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OneNaira6: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Ofe nsala is indigenous to Enugu just as it is in other Igbo communities even up to cross river state where it's called white shoup.

I am aware of that. Of all the Nsala I've eaten, the best came from Enugu state indigenous hands therefore I was wondering if Ofe Nsala was an Enugu state creation which later got transferred to other states through migration, etc. Since out of all the Okpa and Abacha I've eaten, Enugu state had the best and surprisingly it is their creation which in sense explained alot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Just called an elderly Enugu woman to confirm these points. Abacha is an Enugu invention as much as Okpa, but the Nsala should be credited to our Anambra brethren.

Other good foods I will like to know its origin are

Onugbo soup
Isi ewu mixture
Ngwo-ngwo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: Just called an elderly Enugu woman to confirm these points. Abacha is an Enugu invention as much as Okpa, but the Nsala should be credited to the Anambra brethren.

Other good foods I will like to know its origin are

Onugbo soup
Isi ewu mixture
Ngwo-ngwo

^^^On the bolded: Precisely!

I remember once at Onitsha, in the home of a family friend.......i ate sunday lunch of ofe nsala and chicken with pounded yam. It was finger licking and plate polishing good to say the least, and to date has become the standard with which i measure all ofe nsalas.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Enugu women sabi cook food sha. I remember when men dey observe iyaba for railway quaters, that woman ofeakwu is the best i've ever tasted in my life.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:

Eziokwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.