Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784985 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by maigaskiya1: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880:

Owerri has nothing on Enugu, call places in Owerri that you can compare with Enugu. People come to have fun in Enugu, from Owerri and all other eastern cities. Does Owerri have a Shoprite outlet, Game?

Is there a villa de la Toscana in Owerri? grin
my man inded enugu remains d pride of d east nd i respect d state.bt men in terms of flexng gve it up 2 ala owere aka british empire
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by executinal(m): 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
Spyder 4 bottles of chilled star beer for you. cool cool cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by maigaskiya1: 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880:

Owerri has nothing on Enugu, call places in Owerri that you can compare with Enugu. People come to have fun in Enugu, from Owerri and all other eastern cities. Does Owerri have a Shoprite outlet, Game?

my man inded enugu remains d pride of d east nd i respect d state.bt men in terms of flexng gve it up 2 ala owere aka british empire
Diligence: Good efforts; of course Enugu, as well as other SE States, is the pride of South East. Anambra, Aba and other major SE states are mostly industrial/commercial - economic centres of SE. Enugu used to be civil servants base (housing, etc), however, over the years, the equanimity associated wt the Original Enugu still persists!

I am proud of Enugu? Nay, so proud, indeed!
spyder880:

my man inded enugu remains d pride of d east nd i respect d state.bt men in terms of flexng gve it up 2 ala owere aka british empire as a nija deltan am proud of d ibos any day anytyme.ibo kwenu,ntng do una
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by zubbainno123: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Enugu I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ arguably one of D̶̲̥̅̊ most peaceful, quiet, stable and FUN filled states in nigeria............if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ hv never visited, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ r on a longTHING!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
The pictures I will throw in today are from coal camp, Achara layout, Zik's avenue, there are clips I will show today, never seen on pictures ever ever.

We made front page? Heheheheheheheheh!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
If our rural roads are good, farmers and our great Palm-wine tappers can get their produce easily to the towns where they will get better prices. We must learn to put value to our products. I know how my Nnewi friends fall over themselves on Nkanu Palm wine anytime they visit my village. Enugu-Ezike has good pammy too. Pineapples from Nnewe or Owerre- Court are said to be the most tasty in the country. I believe that Enugu state has a very bright future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: The pictures I will throw in today are from coal camp, Achara layout, Zik's avenue, there are clips I will show today, never seen on pictures ever ever.

We made front page? Heheheheheheheheh!!!!
more pix bro
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Biggyd2: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Excellent!!! Great thread indeed with a bit of melancholy. That is life for you. Beautiful job. well done. I guess our guy is saying here that IF YOU HAVE IT, FLAUNT IT! If your state has done better than our guy's, stop the talk and show us. Surely saving this thread and the pics. I am going to visit this city someday
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nightshift: If our rural roads are good, farmers and our great Palm-wine tappers can get their produce easily to the towns where they will get better prices. We must learn to put value to our products. I know how my Nnewi friends fall over themselves on Nkanu Palm wine anytime they visit my village. Enugu-Ezike has good pammy too. Pineapples from Nnewe or Owerre- Court are said to be the most tasty in the country. I believe that Enugu state has a very bright future.

Enugu people are masters of nkwu tapping, na imo people get ngwo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mikeuz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Odunnu:
that used to be the regular talk. Not anymore! Enugu is growing. Didnt you see the industries he mentioned? Innoson, Anamcco has its plants in Enugu too

Enugu is a 9ce place 2 b, 9ce road ntwk,9ce hotels, 1derful joints. Yah industries A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ springing up bt. the truth remains, enugu is filled wit old civil servants and business men,d students A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ d ones dat make d town rock, up till date Visit enugu when schools A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ on holidayz, U̶̲̥̅̊ sure won't enjoy it lyk wen students were around.
Christmas season, enugu city is deserted, students A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ all gone, families have all gone to the village.

Finally accommodation in enugu is terrible, houses are just too expensive, students suffer a lot in dat regard.

Finally I love enugu, cos it can accommodate every1, d rich, poor and average, all U̶̲̥̅̊ have τ̲̅ȍ do is look for where suits you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
favorfavor: ofe nsala is awka invention-anambra state get ur facts straight
True,i think that 'ofe ewa' is the nativ soup in Nkanu, Agwu and Nike areas of Enugu state. Ewa vegetable is like spinat. But cooked like Afang soup.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Biggyd2: Excellent!!! Great thread indeed with a bit of melancholy. That is life for you. Beautiful job. well done. I guess our guy is saying here that IF YOU HAVE IT, flaunt IT! If your state has done better than our guy's, stop the talk and show us. Surely saving this thread and the pics. I am going to visit this city someday

I went and saw the bridge project at Zik's avenue, near Albertina electronics shops. Mehn, a million pictures cannot describe Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nancy42(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
J12: The only thing that keeps enugu alive is the student/youth population, the state is filled with old civil servants with rickety vehicles. Enugu is usually boring whenever the students are on vacation. Owerri is the place to be men. . .

wen was d last tyme u came 2 enugu cos wen i last chked enugu was brimming with young guys. Thou zm nt disputing d fact dats its a civil service state
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nightshift: True,i think that 'ofe ewa' is the nativ soup in Nkanu, Agwu and Nike areas of Enugu state. Ewa vegetable is like spinat. But cooked like Afang soup.

Chai! Who told you about ewa leaves? In my town in Nkanu east, this is the leave of choice, much better than ugu. If your son or daughter is coming in from yankee, its very certain they will be calling you to make sure the ewa and egusi soup is kept warm before they reach home.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bertbert: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Odunnu:
How much am I going to get? cheesy
just kidding. I like Enugu, I dont know what other state I can raise better kids in.
ur on point.Enugu state is d best city to raise kids.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
Good job spyder. I was at Enugu on friday until monday morning. I took some pictures as well especially pics from Zoo Estate. I particularly love the names of the streets there.. Lion avenue, girrafe close, penguin street.. I love that place. I will send u the pics to upload if you want. I will also be in Enugu on 16th July... I will give you a call. Maybe we can flex a little... 8hours and the pammy group hehhehhehe
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nancy42(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: another hotel in Enugu

citipark hotel,bar n club owned bey d dep senate president
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZUBY77(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
Good job spyder. I was at Enugu on friday until monday morning. I took some pictures as well especially pics from Zoo Estate. I particularly love the names of the streets there.. Lion avenue, girrafe close, penguin street.. I love that place. I will send u the pics to upload if you want. I will also be in Enugu on 16th July... I will give you a call. Maybe we can flex a little... 8hours and the pammy group hehhehheherr
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nancy42:

citipark hotel,bar n club owned bey d dep senate president

Shhhhhh I know, but decided to leave out the fact.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
ZUBY77: Good job spyder. I was at Enugu on friday until monday morning. I took some pictures as well especially pics from Zoo Estate. I particularly love the names of the streets there.. Lion avenue, girrafe close, penguin street.. I love that place. I will send u the pics to upload if you want. I will also be in Enugu on 16th July... I will give you a call. Maybe we can flex a little... 8hours and the pammy group hehhehheherr

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Our people keeps celebrating mediocrity. What is positive economic impact of shoprite, if not killing our local enterprises? Showing showing pictures of shoprite, its funny attitude of toddlers. Showing pictures of urban areas, what about enugu rural areas? Have any of you celebrators of failure traveled to Udi to Nsukka to Awgu to Ugwuaji to Nkanu to Achi ann that axis of timidities in enugu state? Am from Nkwo but it pains me when I tour round rural communities of enugu state, its really really a horrible sight to behold. Its has made enugu state of over 100 years to continue to be over 70-75% rural.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
So how comes our good bruh chino11 hasn't said anything about this thread? undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
J12:

Enugu people are masters of nkwu tapping, na imo people get ngwo.
Ngwo is a female to Nkwu-Ocha. Ngwo is also cheaper to Nkwu-Ocha. We don't value Ngwo in Enugu state. Ngwo is consumed a lot in Aba (Enyimba City ).As a big fan of Italian wine,i bow for our Palm wine. It's healthier than beer, tastes great as well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sunbellar: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Odunnu:
Oga e don do. Owerri cannot stand side by side in comparison with Enugu, in any way! I repeat, in any way!
Everything in Owerri has its match in Enugu times 2 and i'm being honest.

Enugu is d place to be....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whitehorse: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
@one.east,

The days of opening a small shop is gradually coming to an end. The earlier we recognise that fact and adapt the better. Shoprite , Walmart and co will wipe them out, its just a matter of time.

As per celebrating mediocrity, I think you missed it big time. Spyder's post has been fairly balanced I'd say. Please post your suggestions on how to improve the rural areas you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nightshift: Ngwo is a female to Nkwu-Ocha. Ngwo is also cheaper to Nkwu-Ocha. We don't value Ngwo in Enugu state. Ngwo is consumed a lot in Aba (Enyimba City ).As a big fan of Italian wine,i bow for our Palm wine. It's healthier than beer, tastes great as well.

Ngwo is stronger in alcoholic content than nkwu(my personal observation though). Nkwu-ocha just tastes better/sweeter.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 401kk: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
ZUBY77: Good job spyder. I was at Enugu on friday until monday morning. I took some pictures as well especially pics from Zoo Estate. I particularly love the names of the streets there.. Lion avenue, girrafe close, penguin street.. I love that place. I will send u the pics to upload if you want. I will also be in Enugu on 16th July... I will give you a call. Maybe we can flex a little... 8hours and the pammy group hehhehheherr

J12:

cool cool cool cool cool

aids is real o
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by warripekin(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
spyder880: This is our bus stops, Eco-friendly
this eco-friendly bust stops is what moved me. i was in Enugu last weekend for a marriage ceremony and that city is beautiful. I wondered with the little amount of money they get every month yet the city looked so well taken care of and my state with the money we have,have nothing to show for it. Uduaghan is a waste and a useless governor.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
[size=15pt]Instead of arguing about which state is the most beautiful in the south east why not argue about the economic viability of the state ? As far as i am concerned the entire south east needs to invest heavily in Agriculture , Fuel depots , Power (Electricity) and security . These four things would make the economic balance of Nigeria swing in the direction of the south east. Showing pictures of how beautiful your state is doesn't change the fact that the youths in the south east are unemployed neither does it change the fact that fuel pump price in the south east is one of the most expensive in the entire country .[/size]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
one.east:
Our people keeps celebrating mediocrity. What is positive economic impact of shoprite, if not killing our local enterprises? Showing showing pictures of shoprite, its funny attitude of toddlers. Showing pictures of urban areas, what about enugu rural areas? Have any of you celebrators of failure traveled to Udi to Nsukka to Awgu to Ugwuaji to Nkanu to Achi ann that axis of timidities in enugu state? Am from Nkwo but it pains me when I tour round rural communities of enugu state, its really really a horrible sight to behold. Its has made enugu state of over 100 years to continue to be over 70-75% rural.

^^^I understand where you're coming from, and my blood used to boil as well (and still does sometimes) when i see the underdevelopment in and outside the main towns and cities in the South East. But then i stop, check myself, and remember exactly what we have had to contend with as a people since the early 70's. The fact that we have achieved this much in many areas of human endeavour inspite of all the odds, is a testament to the can-do/never-say-never spirit of Ndigbo.

With time and -more importantly- good visionary people leading our affairs, together with [b]ALL OF US [/b]chipping in our little contributions (by way of investments back home; assisting with the upkeep or construction of hospitals and schools; sponsoring our young ones to school; etc) i'm sure we will rise to the level God has destined for us as a people. The commitment and focus has to be there though.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by manchy7531: 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.