Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782609 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 04, 2013
Mamacita007: Nice thread. enugu is truly the pride of the east. no doubt grin grin
Yep. The Enugu airport will further bolster such a status. What remains is some Consular presence in the city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 5:46am On Nov 04, 2013
Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Rocked The Coal City

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by macjive01: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Ikengawo:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-RH_9pm5-os8/Ul9XRiRWbEI/AAAAAAAAQiI/kZWnwV77noA/s640/Enugu-20131012-00123+%2528Copia%2529.jpg[/img]

Sorry but is this meant to be the new enugu airport? Looks like MMI 2
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
RD'S

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ikengawo: Delightful ENUGU MALL

http://totalmusicreview.com/blog/2013/08/29/delightful-enugu-mall/
there's a high tech night club that is about to open in polo mall.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
the polo mall is the first phase of the plan...the second phase is a five star hotel on the left side of the mall. see the plan below...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
centje: the polo mall is the first phase of the plan...the second phase is a five star hotel on the left side of the mall. see the plan below...

^^^There's no space there for a hotel of any kind, never mind a 5-star one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Is it true that the wife of our amiable governor is having psychiatric problem?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

I thought so too.
But if I recall, there's a makeshift market near the traffic light, extending down to that 'photocopy village' opposite IMT.
May be demolition works are imminent.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

then you really need to re-check the landscape of that area. at the entrance to mall...the gate on the left facing celebrities...there are two spaces (on both sides of the entrance) that can contain the two structures just as it is in picture I posted.
there are still parts of unassembled crane in the space. if you're in enugu then try and take a closer look at the plan of that mall...I always wondered why so much parking lots...the parking space is meant to serve both the mall and the hotel.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2013
centje: then you really need to re-check the landscape of that area. at the entrance to mall...the gate on the left facing celebrities...there are two spaces (on both sides of the entrance) that can contain the two structures just as it is in picture I posted.
there are still parts of unassembled crane in the space. if you're in enugu then try and take a closer look at the plan of that mall...I always wondered why so much parking lots...the parking space is meant to serve both the mall and the hotel.

I hadn't noticed that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cashkidisback1(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2013
passion007:

I hadn't noticed that.
ar they trying to build another mall
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2013
henrychubayo:

Plz I have a question. You mean d new international terminal has been built already and been plastered right now and even reaching to d point of it been roofed? This sounds very interesting. I would be pleased to see the pix. Also we want it to be d exact of wat the pix we saw about the proposed terminal. PIX PLEASE.

yes it has been built up, plastered, roofing skeleton has been done.
Work is serious there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2013
Kindly post the pic. Thanks
ketoprofen:

Work is serious there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2013
ketoprofen:

Work is serious there

Please post the pictures, if you have problems doing that on this forum, you could post them to your Facebook page and give us the link.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
ketoprofen:

Work is serious there

Pix please. Give us ur facebook link. So in need of it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: ar they trying to build another mall
No, a 5-star hotel adjacent to the Mall.
See the render Centje posted.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tempest12: 1:33am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:41am On Nov 06, 2013
THE Federal Government Tuesday formerly handed back the management of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium to the Enugu State.

Speaking at the hand over held at the Government House, Enugu, the Director General of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Gbenga Elegbeleye, said the event followed the approval by President Goodluck Jonathan of an application made by the Enugu State government.

He noted that the state had over the years collaborated with the Federal Government in maintaining and rehabilitating the stadium, stressing that Enugu had made huge financial investments in the provision of vital facilities for the successful hosting of the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2009.

Elegbeleye added: “This act convinced the Federal Government that the Enugu State government was capable of maintaining the stadium in line with approved international standards.”

Noting that sports was a unifying factor and a tool for international diplomacy and creation of wealth, he enjoined other states in the country to emulate the Enugu State example in the development and maintenance of sports infrastructure.

Elegbeleye further commended the reactivation of the school sports by the state government, saying it would greatly enhance the discovery of talents for the benefit of the country.

Responding, Governor Sullivan Chime expressed delight at the return of the stadium to the state, assuring that it
will be better managed under the state’s Ministry of Sports and Youth Development.

He said that his request for the return of the stadium was prompted by the decision of the Federal Government to sell some of the facilities there, adding that this had prompted anxiety in the state that the whole stadium could be sold to outsiders.

The governor commended President Jonathan for his prompt response to his request and assured that the stadium would not only be well managed, but would also be accessible to all and sundry.

“All we are interested in is just to promote sports. Take our assurances on this to the Federal Government and be rest assured that the standard will go up rather than go down,” Governor Chime said.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
@gozievisua:

This thread is strictly for Politics in Enugu state, Nigeria. Let's not give the mods reason to move this thread (It's merely being tolerated as it is). You might create a new thread for the article, and we'll comment over there. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
HappyJoe:

Please post the pictures, if you have problems doing that on this forum, you could post them to your Facebook page and give us the link.
Facebook - Benzyl Penicillin.
The profile pix
took it from a very far distance
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
ketoprofen:
The profile pix

Thank you very much.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
ketoprofen:
The profile pix

Please confirm whether this is the pix of the airport terminal:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
It is not the new terminal building. I was in Enugu for a month and passed through the airport twice. The new terminal building being built by the Chinese is on the far left of the airport and cannot be seen by the public as it is completely fenced in and unless you walk into the site itself you can see little, though work is in progress. There is also the Christian pilgrimages terminal which has reached an advanced stage up to roofing level and I am suspecting that this building is being confused as the international terminal. The remodelled airport is a vast improvement over the old one and the departure and arrival lounges are much bigger and accommodating, though there are no shops yet opened only the VIP suite. The baggage hall is much improved with seating. There is still a lot of work to be done on the airport but so far so good. cheers

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
It is not the new terminal building. I was in Enugu for a month and passed through the airport twice. The new terminal building being built by the Chinese is on the far left of the airport and cannot be seen by the public as it is completely fenced in and unless you walk into the site itself you can see little, though work is in progress. There is also the Christian pilgrimages terminal which has reached an advanced stage up to roofing level and I am suspecting that this building is being confused as the international terminal. The remodelled airport is a vast improvement over the old one and the departure and arrival lounges are much bigger and accommodating, though there are no shops yet opened only the VIP suite. The baggage hall is much improved with seating. There is still a lot of work to be done on the airport but so far so good. cheers

Thanks, are you sure this is not the "perishable cargo" terminal?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Wow.
I was beginning to wonder how this one will be d intl terminal seeing that the remodelled local airport is bigger.

Please elaborate more on this pilgrimage centre thing.
And tell me directions to the airport undergoing construction.
Dat one should not be snapped since the authorities have hid it.
I snapped this one because its just bare for all to see
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ketopofen,

This is what the new airport terminal should look like:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 3:25am On Nov 08, 2013
As you can see from your picture the new terminal is completely fenced in(blue and white).As you approach the airport it is on the far left hand side and as I pointed out earlier unless you physically enter the site you can see nothing. The pilgrimage terminal can be seen as you approach the airport car park and is closer to the remodelled domestic terminal. When we landed at the airport and turned to approach the domestic wing you can clearly see the new international terminal site. As I have said earlier there is still a lot of work to be done and until the whole airport project is complete the picture will become clearer as work progresses. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Oh, I get it.
I used to see that blue and white fence thing but I thought it was just some company or factory.
Thanks for the info.
u didn't shed more light on the pilgrimage center thingy again.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2013
The pilgrimage terminal is exactly what it says it is - for Christians on pilgrimage to the Holy Land. I didn,t know what it was at first until I read the contractors/builders board which stated that it is a terminal for pilgrims. In other words it is designed specifically for those visiting the Holy Lands in Israel. In effect AIIA has on completion 3 terminals - domestic, international and pilgrims terminal. cheers
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 10:59am On Nov 08, 2013
Please they shld shld be a cargo terminal which one is pilgrimage terminal? The cargo base shld be of utmost importance

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.