Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782769 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
ENUGU OBODO OYIBO... i like the way they dress neat you can hardly think they belong to nigeria cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
ak47mann: ENUGU OBODO OYIBO... i like the way they dress neat you can hardly think they belong to nigeria cool
So true. When I schooled there, people put effort in looking good.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 5:27am On Nov 12, 2013
Ethiopian-airlines-delays-enugu-aircraft-changes-to-jan-2014

Ethiopian Airlines is delaying planned aircraft changes on Addis Ababa – Enugu route, as per 11NOV13 GDS timetable/inventory listing. Planned Boeing 767-300ER operation, replacing 737-800, is now scheduled to begin from 01JAN14, instead of 20NOV13.

ET931 ADD1000 – 1230ENU 763 x247
ET930 ENU1330 – 2000ADD 763 x247

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/225998/ethiopian-airlines-delays-enugu-aircraft-changes-to-jan-2014/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafranqueen: 6:21am On Nov 12, 2013
Wow is this the longest thread ever on Nairaland
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2013
biafranqueen: Wow is this the longest thread ever on Nairaland
No, the Romance section's "Derailers Paradise is the longest-with over 2,000 pages.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ebugu Life style and Golf city

final shaping, cultivation, and finishing off of Holes 18 and Driving Range as well as the construction of greens (to University of California specifications), bunkers (Fairway and Greenside), drainage (Fairway bunkers and green side) have also been completed while planting and irrigation is remarkably in progress.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Several infrastructure developments are at various stages of completion.

Extensive work has been done on the 18-hole golf course. The construction is being handled by Bouman Golf - a world renowned golf course construction company. Clearing and centre line staking of Holes 1,2,3,4,5,6,16,17&18 including the Driving Range has been long concluded along with the earthworks for Holes 1 and 18 and Driving Range including Tees off, Fairways, Bunkers, Greens, Green Surrounds, Dams and Streams.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
joeluv: Several infrastructure developments are at various stages of completion.

Extensive work has been done on the 18-hole golf course. The construction is being handled by Bouman Golf - a world renowned golf course construction company. Clearing and centre line staking of Holes 1,2,3,4,5,6,16,17&18 including the Driving Range has been long concluded along with the earthworks for Holes 1 and 18 and Driving Range including Tees off, Fairways, Bunkers, Greens, Green Surrounds, Dams and Streams.
how much has been sunk on this project.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Can't wait for the 2,000 hectare Lifestyle city to be completed. At least, we would then boast of 6 world-class cities in Nigeria within the next 15 years (Eko Atlantic, Abuja, Centennary city, Uyo and the Greater Port Harcourt city).

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
I have no idea, just got the details of their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=728133410548666&set=a.691599030868771.1073741825.170965902932089&type=1&theater
asha 80: how much has been sunk on this project.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Enugu centenary city

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
More on Enugu centenary city...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob: More on Enugu centenary city...

^^^Chima, what's this building for? So besides the main entrance, they've started building other structures as well?

Nice to see the buildings are in keeping with the designs in the renders; they shouldn't compromise on quality!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Chima, what's this building for? So besides the main entrance, they've started building other structures as well?

Nice to see the buildings are in keeping with the designs in the renders; they shouldn't compromise on quality!

I think they are luxury apartments designed for the high density section of the centenary city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

I think they are luxury apartments designed for the high density section of the centenary city.

^^^I think it's likely to be an office or hotel......if you check well, there's something that looks like a pool (or some kinda water feature) in the render! Luxury apartments don't look anything like that.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think it's likely to be an office or hotel......if you check well, there's something that looks like a pool (or some kinda water feature) in the render! Luxury apartments don't look anything like that.

You might be right. It may be an office or something.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2013
[quo It is the Centenary City Administrative Building. This building houses the Sales Office, Show rooms, Project Office, and residences for key project staff.te author=Chima_Agbalajob]

You might be right. It may be an office or something.[/quote]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2013
Am just asking. All this flight landing in Enugu since August, does it mean, no one of the passengers have cameras or even phone to snap a bit of what is going on at the airport. I understand that some pix are to be kept secret but then atleast we have a view of what arrival in Enugu is like to them and others. The Environments and many other things going on there. Such pix are important for those who are keen to land there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 19, 2013
AL!N1 has been renamed to Nigerian Eagle sources intimate with the Nigerian aviation industry have told ch-aviation. Though still subject to official confirmation, Nigerian Eagle is set to come about from the amalgamation of AL!AJ and defunct national carrier, AL!NGE by virtue of them both being controlled by the Nigerian government's Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON). AL!VGN was the name chosen for Air Nigeria's predecessor following the withdrawal of Richard Branson and the AL!VS brand from AL!VSN in 2010. One of Aero's six B737-500s, 5N-BLC (msn 26692), recently underwent a repaint into Nigerian Eagle's new colours in Ostrava, in the Czech Republic this past week.
http://www.ch-aviation.ch/portal/news/23335-new-national-carrier-nigeria-one-to-become-nigerian-eagle
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 11:08am On Nov 20, 2013
This is what I find out with ET airline this morning. I can book online and go and pay at the airport. They will charge me a service fee to pay at the airport. The fees are very very small. Compared with what an agent told me to pay, I will be saving lots of money. My people everywhere can learn this trick also.

They gave a free baggage of 30kg(very small sha). But technically, we should start learning how to minimize our stuffs cause may be you don't need them all like the white ppl do.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 4:13am On Nov 22, 2013
Abakaliki road twin bridge

Courtesy : Afam Okereke's blog: http://afamokereke..com/search?updated-max=2013-11-04T16:17:00-08:00&max-results=7

Someone should post some of the Akwata road work and others here.Could't re size them.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2013
ALL is now set for the commissioning of the multi-million naira ultra modern integrated air conditioner and water dispenser manufacturing plant located in Enugu State.

The plant, 100 per cent Nigerian owned and the first in South-East and South-South geo-political zones of the country with a capacity of employing over 200 persons will be commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan on December 6.

The President will also lay the foundation stone for two other industries – a PVC manufacturing plant and LCD/LED assembly plant, all located within the premises of the company, tagged, “White Horse Industrial City.”

Managing Director, White Horse General Appliances Limited, Chika Joseph Okechukwu, told journalists yesterday that the company sitting on 100 acres of land was a fulfillment of a dream that started in 2007, when the foundation stone of the place was laid by the then Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime.

He said, “The entire master plan is going to be an industrial city called the “White Horse Industrial City,” where all the products we have on our catalogue and other ones that are not there are manufactured and assembled at the same time. For example, we have refrigerators, and we are going to build the plant here. We have a bottling company for water and beverages. We have one of the best water here, which is the same, the Henkel plant and 7up are using. It will be a small city.”

Okechukwu said that he decided to site the industry in Egede, Enugu State based on a number of higher institutions turning out graduates in the state, adding that when all the units of the area come on stream, it would employ about 1000 workers.

He called on governments in the country to continue to encourage local industries by way of patronising their products, saying it was the only way they could survive and boost employment.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news/national-news/139191-jonathan-to-commission-enugu-pla
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykin: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2013
joeluv: ALL is now set for the commissioning of the multi-million naira ultra modern integrated air conditioner and water dispenser manufacturing plant located in Enugu State.

The plant, 100 per cent Nigerian owned and the first in South-East and South-South geo-political zones of the country with a capacity of employing over 200 persons will be commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan on December 6.

The President will also lay the foundation stone for two other industries – a PVC manufacturing plant and LCD/LED assembly plant, all located within the premises of the company, tagged, “White Horse Industrial City.”

Managing Director, White Horse General Appliances Limited, Chika Joseph Okechukwu, told journalists yesterday that the company sitting on 100 acres of land was a fulfillment of a dream that started in 2007, when the foundation stone of the place was laid by the then Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime.

He said, “The entire master plan is going to be an industrial city called the “White Horse Industrial City,” where all the products we have on our catalogue and other ones that are not there are manufactured and assembled at the same time. For example, we have refrigerators, and we are going to build the plant here. We have a bottling company for water and beverages. We have one of the best water here, which is the same, the Henkel plant and 7up are using. It will be a small city.”

Okechukwu said that he decided to site the industry in Egede, Enugu State based on a number of higher institutions turning out graduates in the state, adding that when all the units of the area come on stream, it would employ about 1000 workers.

He called on governments in the country to continue to encourage local industries by way of patronising their products, saying it was the only way they could survive and boost employment.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news/national-news/139191-jonathan-to-commission-enugu-pla

I hope he would come to the stock market and diffuse the ownership of the company and raise capital for expansion, this is what our past generation igbo business leaders didn't do that made their companies remain one man business, this is a good beginning

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2013
kettykin:

I hope he would come to the stock market and diffuse the ownership of the company and raise capital for expansion, this is what our past generation igbo business leaders didn't do that made their companies remain one man business, this is a good beginning

Fact.
U guys are too industrious and this generation has to learn how to build industries.
If every Igbo business man puts effort into building long lasting industries as much as they put in running their trade, most of the problems facing d southeast will be almost non-existent.
I guess it has to do with the level of education and exposure of the past generation. This generation must not make d same mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Activity77(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2013
D sleeping giant is silently waking up.enugu is silently working.d land of d rising sun

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ethiopian Airline Advertising their flights for Enugu Int airport.... cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L02h3_lQM
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
Enugu-Abakaliki road rehabilitation, under the World Bank’s Road Sector Development and the state govt. has finally came to light as one can notice the ongoing work which commenced early this month. the road started from the popular abapka junction and linked to the airport axis down to abakiliki express way. though the engineers seems to be paying more attention on the other axis that links to the airport road.
According to one of the contractor i ask, he said they that the plan was for the airport road to be ready before December this year to reduce traffic especially from the visitors plying the AIIA .
i took some pics

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
soma042: Enugu-Abakaliki road rehabilitation, under the World Bank’s Road Sector Development and the state govt. has finally came to light as one can notice the ongoing work which commenced early this month. the road started from the popular abapka junction and linked to the airport axis down to abakiliki express way. though the engineers seems to be paying more attention on the other axis that links to the airport road.
According to one of the contractor i ask, he said they that the plan was for the airport road to be ready before December this year to reduce traffic especially that will be coming from the AIIA .
i took some pics
more

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2013
soma042:
more
more

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 1:17am On Nov 24, 2013
soma042: Enugu-Abakaliki road rehabilitation, under the World Bank’s Road Sector Development and the state govt. has finally came to light as one can notice the ongoing work which commenced early this month. the road started from the popular abapka junction and linked to the airport axis down to abakiliki express way. though the engineers seems to be paying more attention on the other axis that links to the airport road.
According to one of the contractor i ask, he said they that the plan was for the airport road to be ready before December this year to reduce traffic especially from the visitors plying the AIIA .
i took some pics
I doubt if this this project will be ready before 20th of dec. .
Anyway thanks for the update
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Good development

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.