Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1843063 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
New trash containers added in many parts of Enugu, but there is still a lot of refuse dumps everywhere, especially in Ninth mile corner.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Impressive panoramic pics of Enugu! You've excelled yourself with these Spyder!

I'm a tree freak fan, and want to see even more trees in Enugu!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
devilincarnate: Hope this estate will not end up harbouring criminals.

^^^I don't understand you.....can you explain a bit what you mean?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nike road.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
New market road.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Miliken hills Road, twisting and turning like a snake cheesy
What are the stories you were told about this place, I heard an ear full as a child about here? How was your creepy experience passing this road.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Off this cliff is more than a 20 storey fall down a valley, thick jungle vegetation.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
spyder880: Miliken hills Road, twisting and turning like a snake cheesy
What are the stories you were told about this place, I heard an ear full as a child about here? How was your creepy experience passing this road.

^^^I was told a Boa-Constrictor lives in those hills and that it swallowed a soldier whole during the civil war! lipsrsealed

Anyone else heard this story?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I was told a Boa-Constrictor lives in those hills and that it swallowed a soldier whole during the civil war! lipsrsealed

Anyone else heard this story?

I heard it, and that the boots of the soldier was sticking out of the boa's mouth when found. Not very impossible considering the heavy bush there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
spyder880: Miliken hills Road, twisting and turning like a snake cheesy
I never seen nor passed through that particular road in my entire life.But from what I keep hearing,that road is as creepy and scary as hell.one of this days,I will try using the road to see things for myself
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynzo2(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Second pic is Owerri!

Those latest pics look nice......those new buildings against the backdrop of the setting evening sun!
yeah, i love evening sun. I don't know the reason but it makes me think and imagine life after here.

@spyder
Those are sweet aerials!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
I have noticed that new transformers are being installed in most part of acharalayout,I don't know what they will be used for .plz anyone that knows should help me out

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
here is what I mean

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
from the same street

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
IGBOSON1: Impressive panoramic pics of Enugu! You've excelled yourself with these Spyder!

I'm a tree freak fan, and want to see even more trees in Enugu!

Yes trees are older than mankind and actually sustain it so we should always give reverence in appreciation of Trees/plants
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
oilykid: here is what I mean

Hurrah! Nigeria is finally doing things the right way!!!

I am very happy with the method of elevating small transformers on poles and using the small transformers to step up the electricity every few blocks. This is the modern way to evenly spread the load and prevent frequent transformers blow-out from over load! In Europe and many parts of USA, i noticed they hang their transformers between two poles as in the picture, or sometimes hang the little cylindrical transformer on one pole, every few blocks.Some of these transformers are the same size as a big paint bucket! Yet, the entire neighborhood use their A/C without any problems! Elevating the transformers on poles, not only solve the issue of finding land space for them, it also protect them from vandalism and flooding, they are placed just at the right points to boost the electricity around the entire city.

I am glad they are finally rejecting the old NEPA method of having one massive transformer in one street corner for an entire neighborhood, which often cause such massive transformers to over heat and blow up.Putting an entire neighborhood in darkness for months. Not to mention the fact that those who live farthest away from the massive neighborhood transformers always have to contend with perpetual half current.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
cjrane:

Hurrah! Nigeria is finally doing things the right way!!!

I am very happy with the method of elevating small transformers on poles and using the small transformers to step up the electricity every few blocks. This is the modern way to evenly spread the load and prevent frequent transformers blow-out from over load! In Europe and many parts of USA, i noticed they hang their transformers between two poles as in the picture, or sometimes hang the little cylindrical transformer on one pole, every few blocks.Some of these transformers are the same size as a big paint bucket! Yet, the entire neighborhood use their A/C without any problems! Elevating the transformers on poles, not only solve the issue of finding land space for them, it also protect them from vandalism and flooding, they are placed just at the right points to boost the electricity around the entire city.

I am glad they are finally rejecting the old NEPA method of having one massive transformer in one street corner for an entire neighborhood, which often cause such massive transformers to over heat and blow up.Putting an entire neighborhood in darkness for months. Not to mention the fact that those who live farthest away from the massive neighborhood transformers always have to contend with perpetual half current.
I hope that is what they are actually planning to do.what becomes of the old ones then??

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
oilykid: I hope that is what they are actually planning to do.what becomes of the old ones then??
They will stay where they are to support the new ones. Nigeria obviously doesn't have enough transformers to meet the electricity demand. So the old ones can still be used or can also be deployed to places with clusters of industries. They are industrial transformers anyway which are designed to be installed in front of heavy industries or factories to guarantee their power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:52am On Jul 21, 2014
Mmmm

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2014
^^^thats the next street of mine
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 7:11am On Jul 21, 2014
oilykid: ^^^thats the next street of mine
Is that Etudo?
Achara Layout is so interconnected it confuses me. angry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2014
passion007:
Is that Etudo?
Achara Layout is so interconnected it confuses me. angry
grin grin no its edenweko after umualor

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 7:54am On Jul 21, 2014
More

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sarutobie(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2014
cjrane:
They will stay where they are to support the new ones. Nigeria obviously doesn't have enough transformers to meet the electricity demand. So the old ones can still be used or can also be deployed to places with clusters of industries. They are industrial transformers anyway which are designed to be installed in front of heavy industries or factories to guarantee their power supply.
yes even here in aba the EEDC has installed mini transformers in remote places like ovom...no more low voltage..with time we will get there.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Agric bank junction, Independence layout, Enugu.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Take a right turn and drive..... grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Those houses in the front. ........

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Open the gate for me cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Victorciza estates, Enugu. Maybe Goodluck Jonathan will come and commission this one again. Enugu is growing in private property development.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
If you want to buy a house in the most prestigious part of Enugu city, call me on 08033350750. I can talk to the owner directly.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Once again, Bisalla road.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.