Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786948 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nduchucks: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
cool cool cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Let's spare a thought for Enugu mountain dwellers.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
The good people of the hills grin

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Udi siding, Ugbo Odogwu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan: Lol,
Mr man what truth did u slap at my face?
You live at USA and I am sure that you have not step into Nigeria for the past ten years.
What is there to snap in anambra if not paper achievement?

Abeg scroll up this page incase your browser didn't load wella and see what a road looks like not that hell trap peter obi construct at a busy town like Nnewi, Awka and Onitsha.

And btw if you don't like the suggestion of a new thread, vamose from this one and look for elsewhere to vent your frustration.
gringringrin Nwannem biko have mercy cheesy. Where's FreeGlobe? He's supposed to see this!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
FACE: I was in Enugu in July. The ofe onugbu at Emily was baaad. Spyder, who cooks it best in Enugu?

Love the first pic, with those houses on the hill! Kinda has a touch of the Caribbean to it, and could easily pass for a quaint little hillside town in Brazil or Jamaica!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
They say every city/town in Nigeria has a dirty slum.....Enugu might just have bucked that trend! Or what do you think!?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

No,we dont fucking need any Anambra thread of propaganda.
We dont have to be in uniform.

I am sorry to post Anambra issues here. But Anambra has little to boast about. Thus the typical anti-social,clownish response of this onitsha man character that cannot even remember the way to his hometown.
Peter Obi surely did a lot to save the almost completely failed state by rebuilding its basic infrastructure. Perhaps due to how meager the funds were, he was compelled to use local contractors. Which made Anambra roads to be ill designed, narrow, unmarked and of course without street lights. None of which can be compared to the roads we have seen in this thread. I will hail Obi for building a state teaching hospital, improve basic education and build a state secretariat.Compared to the clowns that had ruled that state, Peter is still the very best. Let us pray Obiano will surpass Obi's record.

Anambra is one state that should be a natural leader in the SE, but it's troubled by having the most unruly citizens with the worst anti-social character and the least visionary leaders in the SE.Only Abia has had worse leaders than Anambra. In addition to repairing old roads, Anambra leaders should explore ways to launch new legacy projects such as light rail, Industrial parks containing refineries,petrochemical factories etc, power plants to project that state into the future. The trouble with Anambra is a lack of truly visionary leaders that think big in a realistic way of what can be accomplished based on the resources of the citizens and state government. Most Anambra leaders are content with operating the Onitsha and Nnewi main markets the way they have been since 1970 without adding any form of modernization and systematic expansion. That is what makes Anambra always seem to be moving in a circle when other states are racing for the future.

Bad things from other places often find root easily in Anambra,while good things take decades to accomplish. For example kidnapping started in PH creeks in 1999, but became a staple form of business in Anambra,even when it stopped in PH. Okada as a form of public transportation started in Uyo in 1987, after that village town suddenly became a state capital and there were no cars to use as taxis. Uyo has since upgraded into use of tricycles for public transportation,while Anambra has permanently stuck to the use of motorcycles to transport the public there.
The first shopping mall in SE should naturally have been set up in Anambra, but their leaders will do no such thing to modernize the public's shopping experience. Even now that malls are springing up in obscure towns in Nigeria, the fate of the 3 mini-malls in Anambra is still precarious.

Anambra people should learn to love their state and develop it to the highest world-class standard possible. They should have an "Anambra first" mentality.
The typical Anambra man feels very proud to live in Abuja, Lagos,PH or Enugu where he has mansions built to the highest world standard, but his properties in Anambra towns can best be described as.... That is my observation of that state.
Okpari...

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
What is this one yapping?

Anambra has the best road network traversing all corners of the state and not just the urban centers. Anambra has the best health and educational facilities east of the Niger. I am not here to boast but am responding to your most silly assertions. Anambra has the highest population in the SE that is enough to answer your question on where people wants to live and earn their living. Even some housing stock in some rural areas of Anambra beats what one can find in some choice areas of Enugu urban not to talk of major urban centers. Anambra by the virtue of Onitsha is the only cosmopolitan state east of Niger. Okada is fast disappearing in Anambra as Keke is fast taking its place. Anambra is building 3 malls and 2 five star hotels, its a feat that no state around has achieved.

Anambra has some of the best infrastructural developments around. You need to travel beyond the major cities to better appreciate how the infrastructures are spread. Unlike Enugu state where infrastructures are only centered on urban center..just travel few meters outside Enugu urban then you will weep for Enugu state.

I was in Enugu recently and I took some pictures, I will not want to spoil this thread with those pictures though. You can never compare Sullivan to Obi, because Obi beats Sullivan hands down when it comes to overall development: education, health, infrastructure, security, industrialization etc.

Enugu has not grown beyond the present enugu urban since its creation despite being the former eastern capital. Nsukka which is supposed to be the 2nd town is grossly messed. I still wonder what people are praising Sullivan for, because he only resurfaced exiting roads and it is only within the single urban center. I will post the pictures I took in the Enugu to prove my point. I was at the Garriki then to Agbani road and parts of GRA, the roads are already giving way due to substandard construction. I saw the shabby stuff he was building as a state secretariat, even the one in Anambra beats it 1000x hands down.

In my assessment I will score Sullivan 4% because he only attended to urban roads. He scored zero on the following areas: rural devt, education, health, industrialization, job creation. etc. Enugu is just NL hype, don't make me post the pictures I took few days ago in Enugu. I was most disappointed when I got into enugu as everywhere was red due to the soil and damaged roads. Even the roads he constructed 2 years ago are already spoiling.

[s]
OreMI22:

I am sorry to post Anambra issues here. But Anambra has little to boast about. Thus the typical anti-social,clownish response of this character.
Peter Obi did a lot to save the almost completely failed state by rebuilding its basic infrastructure. Perhaps due to how meager the funds were, he was compelled to use local contractors. Which made Anambra roads to be ill designed, narrow, unmarked and of course without street lights. None of which can be compared to the roads we have seen in this thread. I will hail Obi for building a state teaching hospital, improve basic education and build a state secretariat.Compared to the clowns that had ruled that state, Peter is still the very best. Let us pray Obiano will surpass Obi's record.

Anambra is one state that should be a natural leader in the SE, but it's troubled by having the most unruly citizens with the worst anti-social character and the least visionary leaders in the SE.Only Abia has had worse leaders than Anambra. In addition to repairing old roads, Anambra leaders should explore ways to launch new legacy projects such as light rail, Industrial parks containing refineries,petrochemical factories etc, power plants to project that state into the future. The trouble with Anambra is a lack of truly visionary leaders that think big in a realistic way. Most Anambra leaders are content with operating the Onitsha and Nnewi main markets the way they have been since 1970 without adding any form of modernization and systematic expansion. That is what makes Anambra always seem to be moving in a circle when other states are racing for the future.

Bad things from other places often find root easily in Anambra,while good things take decades to accomplish. For example kidnapping started in PH, but became a staple form of business in Anambra,even when it stopped in PH. Okada as a form of public transportation started in Uyo in 1987, after that village town suddenly became a state capital and there were no cars to use as taxis. Uyo has since upgraded into use of tricycles for public transportation,while Anambra has permanently stuck to the use of motorcycles to transport the public there.
The firs shopping mall in SE should naturally have been set up in Anambra, but their leaders will do no such thing to modernize the public's shopping experience. Even now that malls are in obscure towns in Nigeria, the fate of the 3 mini-malls in Anambra is still precarious.

Anambra people should learn to love their state and develop it to the highest standard possible.
The typical Anambra man feels proud to live in Abuja, Lagos,PH or Enugu where he has mansions built to the highest world standard, but his properties in Anambra towns can best be described as.... That is my observation of that state.
Okpari...
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
I will help you guys derail this thread with pictures I snapped in Enugu few days ago, if this thread cannot focus on the subject matter of this thread. You guys think that anybody is deceived by the selected pictures Spyder has been throwing around here. I was in enugu and got so much disappointed as I was searching without success for the so called development and projects.

- Chino

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880: Did you attend Ogba lessons? grin

E jelum Christ Church lessons
The rival one tongue

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
chy101: What is this one yapping?

[s]Anambra has the best road network traversing all corners of the state and not just the urban centers. Anambra has the best health and educational facilities east of the Niger. I am not here to boast but am responding to your most silly assertions. Anambra has the highest population in the SE that is enough to answer your question on where people wants to live and earn their living. Even some stock in some rural areas of Anambra beats what one can found in some choice areas of Enugu urban talk to talk major urban centers. Anambra by the virtue of Onitsha is the only cosmopolitan state east of Niger[/s]. Okada is fast disappearing in Anambra as Keke is fast taking its place. Anambra is building 3 malls and 2 five star hotels, its a feat that no state around has achieved.

[s][/s]

Again, a typical response........

Shatap dia!.........Anambra is best ...... blah...bla....blah............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your inherent nature of deceit and empty boasts with nothing to show does not convince even a blind man. By the way, why always comparing yourselves to Enugu? Sullivan did his wonders with only N94 billion naira , but you have almost N150 billion to play with and nothing tangible to show.

Aroli and co, You guys should STOP MAKING NOISE! Simply open your own thread and SHOW US all these Anambra best,best,best blah blah blah... we can only hear about but not see !!!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Am not from anambra but All the people here bashing anambra don't know what they are talking about.
And to say the state doesn't have points for a good thread is a huge lie.
Granted no city or town there has sex.y roads all through, as a state, anambra is much more developed than many states sef.
Onitsha has got/is getting street and traffic lights, but sb said anambra hasn't got that. Upper iweka roads can be likened to the ones on Enugu too.
the state is a construction site now and I can tell you that in 5 years time, u won't say this.
If anambra is stuck with 70s trade, y did nnewi move from importation to manufacturing?
Must it be about shopping mall? Am surprised sb talked about kidnapping despite the clamping down by the new governor.
Let me tell you, sector by sector, anambra is better than Enugu.
So, an anambra thread will be interesting too.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Love the first pic, with those houses on the hill! Kinda has a touch of the Caribbean to it, and could easily pass for a quaint little hillside town in Brazil or Jamaica!

You asked for Brazil or Jamaica grin

We got it here,

This is Rio De Janeiro in Enugu grin grin cheesy grin you wan try? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
You are silly and filled with complex..

Nobody has come here to beat his chest that Anambra is the best. I am proud of all Igbo states but for you to come here and talk rubbish and expect us to swallow it then I will tell you NO because it cannot fly.

Nobody is comparing either you are the one that came here with your complex to compare. But I am ready to match you with such comparison with pictures as well to prove to you that Sullivan is a mega failure when it comes to governance. We do not need to open for a silly clown like you to believe because it does not stop Anambra from its steady match in leading the East in all spheres of development.

OreMI22:

Again, typical response........

Anambra is best ...... blah...bla....blah............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your inherent nature of deceit and empty boasts with nothing to show does not convince even the blind anymore. By the way, why always comparing yourselves to Enugu? Sullivan did his wonders with only N94 billion naira , but you have almost N150 billion to play with and nothing tangible to show.

Aroli and co, You guys should STOP MAKING NOISE! Simply open your own thread and SHOW US all these Anambra best,best,best blah blah blah... we can only hear about but not see !!!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
OreMI22:

Again, typical response........

Anambra is best ...... blah...bla....blah............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your inherent nature of deceit and empty boasts with nothing to show does not convince even a blind man. By the way, why always comparing yourselves to Enugu? Sullivan did his wonders with only N94 billion naira , but you have almost N150 billion to play with and nothing tangible to show.

Go to ENSG ministry of works and learn how Enugu projects got funded. What's #94 billion naira? U no dey read signboard?
And please, can we leave these arguments, igboson, come and resolve this fire you started.
Chy or whatever, don't post any pix here .
One house please

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:
Let me tell you, sector by sector, Anambra is better than Enugu.

Okay

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
I am still asking, how do they got to lift the materials to build this house?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lemme get the pictures I snapped in Enugu few days ago. Nobody is deceived by the selected pix by spyder. If I say I was not disappointed when I got into Enugu few days ago then I had be lying..

- Chino

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
More bus stations dropped this week, to be installed next week.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ketoprofen(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880: More bus stations dropped this week, to be installed next week.
which side is this?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:
which side is this?

Emene
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880:

You asked for Brazil or Jamaica grin

We got it here,

This is Rio De Janeiro in Enugu grin grin cheesy grin you wan try? cheesy

This is brilliant!

Biko, where's this place so we can modify the name accordingly eg Our Lady of Ugwuaji.
Rather than go to Lourdes or Fatima, pilgrims can come here.
Heh heh heh

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
You have an awesome camera spyder

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
chy101: Lemme get the pictures I snapped in Enugu few days ago. Nobody is deceived by the selected pix by spyder. If I say I was not disappointed when I got into Enugu few days ago then I had be lying..

- Chino

You're truly an insecure and mentally ill by-product of rape.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
You are an ediotic b@stard born to a mad woman..

Ikengawo:

You're truly an insecure and mentally ill by-product of rape.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TabletMan: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
chy101: What is this one yapping?

Anambra has the best road network traversing all corners of the state and not just the urban centers. Anambra has the best health and educational facilities east of the Niger. I am not here to boast but am responding to your most silly assertions. Anambra has the highest population in the SE that is enough to answer your question on where people wants to live and earn their living. Even some housing stock in some rural areas of Anambra beats what one can find in some choice areas of Enugu urban not to talk of major urban centers. Anambra by the virtue of Onitsha is the only cosmopolitan state east of Niger. Okada is fast disappearing in Anambra as Keke is fast taking its place. Anambra is building 3 malls and 2 five star hotels, its a feat that no state around has achieved.

Anambra has some of the best infrastructural developments around. You need to travel beyond the major cities to better appreciate how the infrastructures are spread. Unlike Enugu state where infrastructures are only centered on urban center..just travel few meters outside Enugu urban then you will weep for Enugu state.

I was in Enugu recently and I took some pictures, I will not want to spoil this thread with those pictures though. You can never compare Sullivan to Obi, because Obi beats Sullivan hands down when it comes to overall development

[s][/s]
Lol,
Chino how market nah?
I know Odenahuasa must have send you a message on facebook to save his ass with your usual bull crap filled with lies and deceit.
The road peter obi construct at bida did not last upto five months before one part of it collapse, for about 9yrs all the adjoining streets and roads to main market is worse than aba roads. The only thing that is good abt them is the drainage still flows with water without any blockade whenever rain falls.

Oga how far abt the dual carriage way from 3-3 to the propose anambra airport? gringrin

Hope say work don begin?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
IGBOSON1: They say every city/town in Nigeria has a dirty slum.....Enugu might just have bucked that trend! Or what do you think!?

What do you think grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Shhh.

Chino,
You're a waste of life. All you do is use the igbo name to insult others, then when igbos are doing well you turn around and try to tear them down. Meaning you stand for nothing. You're an enemy of the Igbo people and Igbos like you are historically what's held us down. You're worthless. You worthless that you can't even keep an internet account for 7 days without a yoruba moderator banning you for your attacks on other igbos. You're a disgrace to Anambra, and a failure who's mates have surpassed him while he grapples with the ills of internet addiction. All of the insults you've written against igbos on here, had you fought your internet addiction you would have been able to use that energy to finish and publish hundreds of books. Worthless. You're a midget among your mates and they need to bring back that guy that exposed you for a fraud that was denied a Canadian Visa.

Image you getting jealous of the whole of Enugu because of the internet.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Chino had your father known his son would be an internet addicted 30something year old waste product he wouldn't have r'aped your mother. Do and reapply for Canadian visa and let everyone rest abeg.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
TabletMan: Lol,
Chino how market nah?
I know Odenahuasa must have send you a message on facebook to save his ass with your usual bull crap filled with lies and deceit.
The road peter obi construct at bida did not last upto five months before one part of it collapse, for about 9yrs all the adjoining streets and roads to main market is worse than aba roads. The only thing that is good abt them is the drainage still flows with water without any blockade whenever rain falls.

Oga how far abt the dual carriage way from 3-3 to the propose anambra airport? gringrin

Hope say work don begin?
gringringringrin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chy101: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
You are a jobless broke as5 clown. I am not boasting but what I have achieved as a person you can only imagine it in your life. I have not only been to Canada but have also traveled to at least 5 other European countries with my family. You are a disgrace to your family to remain unmarried without responsible life at your old age. you should be ashamed of yourself. Idio.tic b@stard.

I am an Igbo defender when it matters but when a fellow Igbos talks rubbish I will respond in the like terms.

Ikengawo: Shhh.

Chino,
You're a waste of life. All you do is use the igbo name to insult others, then when igbos are doing well you turn around and try to tear them down. Meaning you stand for nothing. You're an enemy of the Igbo people and Igbos like you are historically what's held us down. You're worthless. You worthless that you can't even keep an internet account for 7 days without a yoruba moderator banning you for your attacks on other igbos. You're a disgrace to Anambra, and a failure who's mates have surpassed him while he grapples with the ills of internet addiction. All of the insults you've written against igbos on here, had you fought your internet addiction you would have been able to use that energy to finish and publish hundreds of books. Worthless. You're a midget among your mates and they need to bring back that guy that exposed you for a fraud that was denied a Canadian Visa.

Image you getting jealous of the whole of Enugu because of the internet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.