Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784834 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kayceo2010: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
And just to know.. I can now travel to my villa Udi from independence layout on tarred roads. Hehehe Sullivan idi egwu. Through 4 corners, Udi town, Amokwe.. The only one remaining is the last one that leads to our villa gate ie Amokwe Station to ibuuzo which according to my dad, The four Igwes of Amokwe community said that Sulli nwa has accepted to construct it. Last time I went home, street lights done dey for our villa.. Chai with high class tarred roads. Just waiting for Ours. NOW THAT IS ONE GOOD REASON EKWEREMMADU WILL HAVE TO STEP DOWN FOR SUCH MAN AS SULLIVAN FOR SENATE. He Don try shaa 12Years!!! Sullivan Iheanacho Chime anywhere anytime!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
OreMI22:

The first picture is Chime avenue, Enugu the 2nd is Mobolaji Bank-Anthony way, Lagos. The 3rd is Olusegun Obasanjo way abuja and the last is IBB way Abuja.

The aim was to show how the empty median of the first picture at Chime avenue,Enugu can be appropriately transformed with trees and flowers as in the median of the later pictures.

I love the 3rd and Last ones.
I have lots of roads in my Enugu city collections that are better than all of them except the Last one.
In my opinion Abuja,Calabar,Enugu and Akwa ibom have some of the most beautiful roads in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
From Presidential road Enugu.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
To the left hand side after the traffic lights is New layout

Straight ahead is O'connor road to the stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Presidential road roundabout , to Obiagu Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Owerri road, Asata Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
At Udi road Asata Enugu, there is an ongoing street repair work now.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Even at Ilukwe street. ...

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Need to pick up something from here. ......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
Spyder880 please you can help us here abeg....if you have any mouthwatering pics you can help us, we have abandoned the first thread for the shenanigans

https://www.nairaland.com/1923412/welcome-anambra-state-light-nation/1#26698748
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Please can somebody pls help me make list of largest igbo cities by population and wide land area of development because I am in a deep argument now with someone about owerri and umuahia which is more developed and large. Pls brothers and sisters in this thread help me out with the above list and clarify me on owerri and umuahia,if possible let's debate about both cities. Thank you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
spodathug: Please can somebody pls help me make list of largest igbo cities by population and wide land area of development because I am in a deep argument now with someone about owerri and umuahia which is more developed and large. Pls brothers and sisters in this thread help me out with the above list and clarify me on owerri and umuahia,if possible let's debate about both cities. Thank you

No need for your argument. Owerri is bigger and more developed than Umuahia. Having said that, there is no accurate census of Igbo nor Nigerian cities.

For example, according to Nigerian census, Onitsha is smaller than Ogbomosho or Osogbo! If you use google earth to compare these cities, you'd laugh at such idiocy! In spite of having mainly high rise multiple storey buildings, You will also visually see Onitsha sprawling with concentration of buildings, while those cities purportedly more populated than Onitsha have nobody living there! Unless they are ghosts and have no houses! grin

You know that is like saying Afikpo is more populated than Kano which obviously a satellite view of both cities will expose the lie. But in Nigeria, weird things happen and ridiculous figures are considered official.
grin

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
YEA, if we will get the accurate census of Igbo cities and towns, we will first of all discard anything from hatefilled and tribalistic Nigeraia Government.

i think by landmass Enugwu is the biggest followed by Aba.

Onitsha is populated but the layouts and environs are very close to one another, then Asaba, Nnewi and Ekwulobia are there taking away its population, Onitsha has many towns to contend with but its populated.

I have not been to owerre wela shaa

OreMI22:

No need for your argument. Owerri is bigger and more developed than Umuahia. Having said that, there is no accurate census of Igbo nor Nigerian cities.
For example, according to Nigerian census, Onitsha is smaller than Ogbomosho or Osogbo!
You know that is like saying Afikpo is more populated than Kano. But in Nigeria, weird things happen and ridiculous figures are considered official. grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
OkijaAmaka: YEA, if we will get the accurate census of Igbo cities and towns, we will first of all discard anything from hatefilled and tribalistic Nigeraia Government.

Onitsha is populated but the layouts and environs are very close to one another, then Asaba, Nnewi and Ekwulobia are there taking away its population, Onitsha has many towns to contend with but its populated.

not sure how nnewi and ekwulobia are taking population out of onitsha as the two towns have thriving economies of their own independent of onitsha.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Enugu got it wrong with this open drains nonsense. I mean i can forgive the old constructions but not the new ones. Open drains are so old school. This is one edge Asaba, Calabar, Uyo has over Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
spyder880: Presidential road roundabout , to Obiagu Enugu.

This part of Enugu looks like Ibadan. I guess its the oldest part of town.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu: Enugu got it wrong with this open drains nonsense. I mean i can forgive the old constructions but not the new ones. Open drains are so old school. This is one edge Asaba, Calabar, Uyo has over Enugu

Beyond the gimmicks all those places you mentioned are 90% open drainages except Calabar North. If you visit Calabar South, your views will change. In Nigeria, critics see only the good they want to see and talk about the bad.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
OkijaAmaka: YEA, if we will get the accurate census of Igbo cities and towns, we will first of all discard anything from hatefilled and tribalistic Nigeraia Government.

Land mass is actually Aba today. Used to be Enugu in the past though. Onitsha has the highest population. Used to be Enugu in the past. Owerri used to be of same size and population with Umuahia but is today larger and more populous. However Umuahia urban LGA is more populous than Owerri municipal but not Owerri urban.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by millionaireman: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

Beyond the gimmicks all those places you mentioned are 90% open drainages except Calabar North. If you visit Calabar South, your views will change. In Nigeria, critics see only the good they want to see and talk about the bad.

A critic would want his state government to leave the old school open drainage system for modern closed drainage system. To counter the critic, you cited other states in Nigeria where open drainage system still exists. Are you then a progressive fellow? No. This is what you do in Imo state site where you do not see anything wrong in today's Imo state government still building open drainage sytsems in urban areas..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

o

But what is the rational behind building open drains in modern times
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu: o

^^^It's cheaper.....simples!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu: o

You know I don't like open drainage but you tried to give a wrong impression that all the roads constructed in Uyo, Calabar and Asaba have closed drainages. The only Governor that constructed 100% closed drainages even in slums is Amaechi. The rest just did it along major roads and some like Akpabio and Orji constructed without drainages at all in some instances.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

You know I don't like open drainage but you tried to give a wrong impression that all the roads constructed in Uyo, Calabar and Asaba have closed drainages. The only Governor that constructed 100% closed drainages even in slums is Amaechi. The rest just did it along major roads and some like Akpabio and Orji constructed without drainages at all in some instances.

You got it wrong! Im not creating any false impresion

Im taliking about new constructions not the old roads

Any new road constructed in Asaba for instance has closed drainage

Even Lagos has caught on

Same with most south south states

U cannot tell me portharcourt has 100% covered drainage
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu:

You got it wrong! Im not creating any false impresion

Im taliking about new constructions not the old roads

Any new road constructed in Asaba for instance has closed drainage

Even Lagos has caught on

Same with most south south states

U cannot tell me portharcourt has 100% covered drainage

If you are talking about major roads then I can tell you that 100% of major roads in Port-Harcourt have closed underground drainage. Most States in Nigeria are constructing their new major roads with closed drainages but they don't do so in the inner streets. Only Rivers is doing it in inner streets. 90% of Port-Harcourt has open drainage BTW. Same with others.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

If you are talking about major roads then I can tell you that 100% of major roads in Port-Harcourt have closed underground drainage. Most States in Nigeria are constructing their new major roads with closed drainages but they don't do so in the inner streets. Only Rivers is doing it in inner streets. 90% of Port-Harcourt has open drainage BTW. Same with others.

Lagos is doing it o
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu:

Lagos is doing it o

Alert!!!: Don't be deceived. This is not Abagworo, he is an imposter!
You are arguing with an abo.ki that likes to pretend he is Ikwerre. Be on the look out!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

This part of Enugu looks like Ibadan. I guess its the oldest part of town.

That's why I showed the picture, not every part of Enugu is new, some parts of Enugu are 100 years buildings like Obiagu. But as you can see, new buildings are springing up as older buildings are demolished.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

If you are talking about major roads then I can tell you that 100% of major roads in Port-Harcourt have closed underground drainage.[b][/b] Most States in Nigeria are constructing their new major roads with closed drainages but they don't do so in the inner streets. Only Rivers is doing it in inner streets. 90% of Port-Harcourt has open drainage BTW. Same with others.

Bros, I also live in Port Harcout o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
OreMI22:

Alert!!!: Don't be deceived. This is not Abagworo, he is an imposter!
You are arguing with an abo.ki that likes to pretend he is Ikwerre. Be on the look out!

I am Abagworo. I use this any time I get a ban and its my only alternate moniker.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
spyder880:

Bros, I also live in Port Harcout o cheesy

I think stretch of Ikwerre/Owerri road from Mile3 to Rukpokwu is the lone exception. Mile 1 to 3 has been covered with underground drainage but from AGIP to Rukpokwu is open.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
abagoro:

I think stretch of Ikwerre/Owerri road from Mile3 to Rukpokwu is the lone exception. Mile 1 to 3 has been covered with underground drainage but from AGIP to Rukpokwu is open.

Hehe Abagworo u just dey shift goal post

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Unemadu:

Hehe Abagworo u just dey shift goal post

Not so brother. Just recalled that Amaechi did it up to AGIP flyover and the rest remained open. Here are the major highways in PHC.

1) Aba road

2) Ikwerre road

3) Azikiwe road

4) Station road

5) Stadium road

6) Elekahia road

7) Airforce-Eliozu road

cool Okporo road

9) Old Aba road

10) Oginigba road

11) Olu Obasanjo road

12) Woji/Elelenwo road (under construction)

13) Ada George road

14) Aggrey road

15) Abuloma road

16) Trans-Amadi (under construction)

Maybe I skipped some that I might recall later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.