Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784224 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
biafrandream:

You see what we were talking about the sand that settle at the side roads. They damage roads easily and it will cost virtually nothing to remove them on regular basis. i wonder what the local government is there for.

^^^I'm gonna have to hold my nose and say this; but T A Orjis' Umuahia is the best amongst all the South East state capitals (and major towns) when it comes to regular sweeping of roads and maintaining a good environment! lipsrsealed

It's just a pity he didn't give Aba (the goose that lays golden eggs) the same attention!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I'm gonna have to hold my nose and say this; but T A Orjis' Umuahia is the best amongst all the South East state capitals (and major towns) when it comes to regular sweeping of roads and maintaining a good environment! lipsrsealed

It's just a pity he didn't give Aba (the goose that lays golden eggs) the same attention!
You're not wrong; the sweeper women approach their work with great commitment, as though their lives depended on it (or may be it does!)
I live in Umuahia, so I know.
But Umuahia's white gritty surface sand also has a decided advantage over Enugu's red pasty earth. Even if unswept (Umuahia), you'd barely even notice.

PS: But I'd like you or biafrandream to explain how accumulating particles of sand on the sides of a road can cause it to fail. Or, is it something made-up, much like telling young girls that if they were to 'touch' boys literally, they'd get pregnant actually. smiley Or, the more sinister "if you disobey your parents, your children will disobey you" smiley

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
The uncommon transformation going on inside Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Let us look at the renders, and compare with what is on the ground. .......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
This is the C and D complexes of the new secretariat complex.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
This is the view when you are approaching the section C and D complexes of Enugu state government secretariat building

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
Looking at one of the buildings

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
An adjourning building, part of the complex

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
The old bricks structure is the old secretariat complex, the new building by the right hand side is still part of the new secretariat.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
This is the second wing of the secretariat complex located at court Road,

presenting to you, the A and B complexes of the building.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Entering through the court Road, Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Closer. ....

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
This side is being completed now, how do you love the colours?

Is Sullivan Chime working?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
On any normal day in Enugu, O mpa beats other beers hands down grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by millionaireman: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
spyder880:
This side is being completed now, how do you love the colours?

Is Sullivan Chime working?
Sullivan Chime is working but we shall be pleased to see such magnifient public buildings he also builds in Nsukka. It is obvious, if a state govt commits most of the funds meant for developing an entire state into building high brow structures only in the state capital, people from the state capital as well as other most gullible people of society may be deceived into singing undeserved praises for the state governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
spyder880:
On any normal day in Enugu, O mpa beats other beers hands down grin grin

Chai, Oga Spyder, you dey enjoy oh! I will do anything to drink Nigeria beer in NYC.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
mufutau55:

Chai, Oga Spyder, you dey enjoy oh! I will do anything to drink Nigeria beer in NYC.

Hajji M.

We must have it good in London then, we can get Nigerian beer (and even malts) in most of the large stores here.

Even Nigerian guiness is sold in most corner shops. People prefer it here actually.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
millionaireman:
Sullivan Chime is working but we shall be pleased to see such magnifient public buildings he also builds in Nsukka. It is obvious, if a state govt commits most of the funds meant for developing an entire state into building high brow structures only in the state capital, people from the state capital as well as other most gullible people of society may be deceived into singing undeserved praises for the state governor.

Be patient, Ugwuanyi will come in and we will see how far he can go in developing Nsukka.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
londoner:

We must have it good in London then, we can get Nigerian beer (and even malts) in most of the large stores here.
Even Nigerian guiness is sold in most corner shops. People prefer it here actually.

Yes. You have it good in London for real, because whenever I come to London that is exactly what I drink.. especially the Nigerian Guinness, very strong and real not like this water Guinness Stout we drink here. The Star Beer used to be imported into New York but from Ghana, it's just better that Becks and Heineken, but still not like the real deal from Nigeria. But for now, I will continue with Becks and Heineken and non-alcoholic Hennessy. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
christejames:
well, you might be right cause i don't know what that centre for excellence complex behind UBA bank is meant for. I thought it was kinda student hostel, I might be wrong though.
He is not ryt. CBN center of excellence is for PG doesnt make it a PG skul. If its a PG skul it will called PG skul and nothing else
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
centje:
If I was in still in Enugu I would have gone to UNEC today to get a picture of the building. I once uploaded the picture of the building in this thread, but that's long time ago, the construction work is at finishing touches now.
my dear, how can a university hv two PG skuls jst because it has 2 campuses? D dean of skul of postgraduate studies has his office dia at nsukka, evn if an enugu campus based pesn is appointed he/she relocates wit immediate effect.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2014
Music interlude!

Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie better known as Patoranking; never even knew this brother was Nigerian! I like his music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-DJufNJAM

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:10am On Oct 13, 2014
Thanks for the updates Spyder! I'm loving the building!!

I hope they're not planning on keeping that band of shocking blue i saw on the circular building!......It's too jarring!!

Also, they should landscape the entire area.....with lush green lawns; tree-lined streets; and underground drainage and sidewalks! A welcoming and nice environment around the secretariat would be the icing on the cake!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 13, 2014
basilo101:

my dear, how can a university hv two PG skuls jst because it has 2 campuses? D dean of skul of postgraduate studies has his office dia at nsukka, evn if an enugu campus based pesn is appointed he/she relocates wit immediate effect.
I don't really get you argument. So, the post graduates in Enugu campus are office cleaners or what My dear, there are post graduates students in UNEC, and most of the lecturers who handled them as under graduates also take them in their PG studies. So these lecturers in UNEC should run to and fro, UNN for PG and then back to UNEC for under graduates

'Centre of Excellence' is just a name for the building, just like we have 'Abuja' for Business Administration students, White House under Law, in UNEC. 'Carva bulding' (am not sure I got the speling right) for physics and astronomy in UNN, and so on...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 13, 2014
IGBOSON1:
Thanks for the updates Spyder! I'm loving the building!!

I hope they're not planning on keeping that band of shocking blue i saw on the circular building!......It's too jarring!!

Also, they should landscape the entire area.....with lush green lawns; tree-lined streets; and underground drainage and sidewalks! A welcoming and nice environment around the secretariat would be the icing on the cake!
work is already on, on all the roads leading to secretariat, including the new market road that connected to Enugu-onitsha highway. 'Am sure they won't disappoint on landscaping.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nzeBiddle(m): 1:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Wow senior man 'I greet you'. Also a fedi alumnus (boarder, unity house) but left much later than you did -8yrs ago prescisely. I hereby second your motion/request (oga spyder880 take note abeg) as I do not stay in enugu as well.

kropelgrada:
Please @ spyder 880 or anyone; please refer me to the page where the pictures of my great alma-mater,Federal Government College Enugu was posted..i.e if it has being posted.I'm not from Enugu,i'm a Deltan now abroad..I've not had the opportunity of visiting my great alma-mater since i finished there 16 years ago.But i have being flipping through the pages of this thread with so much anticipation hoping to see pictures of my great alma-mater but i have not.I'm kind of exhausted..Lol.

But i recall with so much nostalgia when i see pictures of Okpara Avenue,Independence Layout and some many other roads and landmarks i come across whenever we drive pass on my way to school at the beginning of the term and at the end of the term because i was a boarder then.And i can never forget the day i stopped by at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium with my late dad who happened to be a devoted Rangers fan to see a match played out between Rangers and 3sc on my way home to Asaba Delta state.Little did i know that we were there on special invitation by Ndubuisi Ndah famously called 'Skippo' who was then the captain of the Rangers side. Ndubuisi Ndah happens to be a renowned Asaba son,and on that special occasion,he was happy to have us.What a memory that was for me a little boy then.

It is important i state here also that i am currently engaged to an Enugu indigene wink..Maybe it is as a result of the love i have for the place.She resides in Trans-Ekulu so hopefully we will be in Enugu this Christmas holidays.I'm looking forward to it and hoping i enjoy my stay there when i return to the land of my great alma-mater.FGCEnugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:46am On Oct 13, 2014
This old building that used to belong to CCB back in the days is now serving as Enugu state government secretariat building temporarily. Maybe till the new secretariat complex is ready.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:39am On Oct 13, 2014
spyder880:
This old building that used to belong to CCB back in the days is now serving as Enugu state government secretariat building temporarily. Maybe till the new secretariat complex is ready.

Very good. I wish the government had thought of completing the massive uncompleted building opposite the CCB building as well, and leasing it out or using it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2014
basilo101:

He is not ryt. CBN center of excellence is for PG doesnt make it a PG skul. If its a PG skul it will called PG skul and nothing else
I thought as much, cause I havnt seen a university with different campuses having two different PG school.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2014
IGBOSON1:
Music interlude!

Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie better known as Patoranking; never even knew this brother was Nigerian! I like his music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-DJufNJAM

Ebonyi dude making waves.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
spyder880:
This is the international airport complex, today.

One hopes that they complete the taxiway at least to the east end of the runway(26). All other Nigerian airports have full length taxiways to both ends of the runway. Thus a plane never needs to make a U-turn on the runway after landing in other Nigerian Intl. airports except Enugu.

One also hopes the Ekulu river is the boundary for the airport in order to leave land for future facilities as the airport grows.

First picture with incomplete taxiway (In Red) is Enugu International.
Compare it to the other Intl. airports in Nigeria with full length of taxiway reaching both ends of their runway.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
passion007:

You're not wrong; the sweeper women approach their work with great commitment, as though their lives depended on it (or may be it does!)
I live in Umuahia, so I know.
But Umuahia's white gritty surface sand also has a decided advantage over Enugu's red pasty earth. Even if unswept (Umuahia), you'd barely even notice.

PS: But I'd like you or biafrandream to explain how accumulating particles of sand on the sides of a road can cause it to fail. Or, is it something made-up, much like telling young girls that if they were to 'touch' boys literally, they'd get pregnant actually. smiley Or, the more sinister "if you disobey your parents, your children will disobey you" smiley
let me give an insight into the question, when sediments from runoff accumulates on the road for too long it would stick to the asphalt. Continuous heat from sun would make it to expand and contract coupled with trampling from vehicle tyres (cause the accumulated sediments have become bumps already) would then create cracks, fissures and crevices which leads to the wearing down of the asphalt nay road. Water solution (in this case rain) can contribute to wearing of the road, accumulated sediments (already stuck together) which have created dent on the road would allow deposited water on the dent not to spillaway, thereby causing wears and tears on the road. ...my little knowledge of geomorphology explained it, Igboson can agree or refute my assertions. Deje!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.